/tfg/ - Titanfall General

VIETNAM edition

>Lewds
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
FNN 17: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield
Operation Frontier Shield patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes
Aegis Rank upgrades detailed: i.imgur.com/KyOAzls.jpg

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yuI3ynLI3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for consolewar

Frontier Defense music of choice

GO

youtube.com/watch?v=-yuI3ynLI3I

>tfw you've played in /tfg/ lobby for 8 months and have never been in a stack

some were born to walk the path of the solo queue

At least I play with friends I've met THROUGH /tfg/ :^)

something something I ain't no senator's son
It'd be pretty sick if we could actually have some Vietnam-themed maps. Take me to the Hue city where the rice is cheap and cigs are free. Or just jungle-themed maps, that works too.
Too bad we're probably not gonna get much beside TF1 maps in the future.

>tfw haven't been in a stack since frontier defense started
What the hell, no invite?

>Too bad we're probably not gonna get much beside TF1 maps in the future.

Considering the relative quality of TF1's maps compared to TF2's launch maps, i'm not sure that's a bad thing.

>coliseum tickets from winning coliseum matches
Okay but why though.

FD is garbage

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing. Going by the latest example, Rise is a fantastic map, and we're getting maps like it for free. That's hardly something I can complain about.
But it'd just be neat to see Respawn flexing those map-designing muscles, know what I'm saying? That'd be pretty cool.

t. Frothy Omen

I just hope that, now we have Rise, we start getting more original maps like Glitch. WG and Rise are the only maps from Titanfall 1 I thought needed to come to 2 and work well.

The last original map glitch proved that they can still design a good map.
Wasn't there something saying that Respawn had some original maps in the making before the initial backlash on their design for the second game?

I think they have two teams, one doing the remaster maps, and the other still working on their original ideas, and tweaking shit.

Thing is with Glitch is that it was designed with the post-Tech Test movement mechanics in mind. The others were designed around the slower pace of gameplay and it definitely shows.

Monarch's pretty decent in FD.

Of course, I found that out, regenned the next game and realised I didn't get her with Credits. Looks like I'm back to Ion!

If Ion's gun didn't sound like she was shooting Christmas tinsel, I'd play her a lot more.

I wonder why they cut the upgrades pilot abilities in favor of upgrades titan abilities

>tfw people get mad at me for playing ronin and try to scream at me during pre game
>tfw I top score over 6000 points
Is there a better fucking feeling
Also stacc tonight xbone?
I may even finish a video today

you are slow

They could be added in the future.

>VIETNAM edition
could a titan kill the river god?

SCORCH NERFS

WHEN?

Stoic Red/Crimson when?

TF1 had a jungle map with hueg trees
They should port that it was great

t. someone who played the shit out of tf1
You stand around and shoot ai, its garbage

then you didnt played FD on tf1?

>You stand around and shoot ai, its garbage
Still fun when you are outnumbered

it takes zero skill and it puts you to sleep, its a pvp shooter and thats all it should be

Okay, you go boost dat kay-dee while telling other players to gid gud. We'll just be here having fun and jolly-cooperating in stacks.

Speaking of Ronin. Is it just me or is he the god of the bounty Hunt?.I run nuke core and the money might as well rain from the skies.
Also I would love to see a map based off of the beacon level where pilots have to run and jump on small island connected by zip lines and wall routes. Plus a stage intro where people's Titans throw them into the map.

I bet you complained when they added a campaign to Titanfall 2, didn't you?

I'll be on today and possibly tonight.

There was campaign in 1
The problem with it in 2 was that they pull all their good designers onto the campaign and the multiplayer suffered as a result, which is why they are doing nothing but bringing tf1 maps back in

>There was campaign in 1
Yeah, that multiplayer playlist with some characters talking over it was a fantastic campaign that's incredibly memorable.

Legion aegis rank 20 perk is kinda neat. Getting increased smart core time, hidden compartment AND 40 more boolets lets you spit lead for an obnoxious amount of time.

>string together a bunch of multiplayer maps
>barely coherent storyline
>"campaign"

Wait a minute, what game are we talking about again?

A failure

Legion needs a toggle on its fire. You always hold the firing down without a care in the world anyway.

Tell me what's wrong with this picture

That guy in the distance isn't dead

In fairness, nost of my Titanfall playtime was the campaign playlist because I did enjoy the setpieces with stuff like holo-Graves briefing you on Airbase, the ODST Demeter sequence and such. I kind of wish they'd have done that in T2 by giving each map a unique intro.

not enough EPG

It looks like the Holo pilot has a robotic hand.

>Out of sync with server

What the FUCK does this mean?

can you do rise FD by just shooting thunderballs down the lanes?

What the fuck is wrong with his hand!!!

I'd like a snow map.

OI

Last night my friends and I were on the last wave of Hard on FD and when we had 6 enemies left the server decided to boot us out.

OI

well /tfg/?

OI

Does anyone else think the kraber fires just slightly too slowly or am I just shit? It feels off.

yeh

kraber should be hitscan t b h

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Going Slow Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Use Grapple Like Nigga Go Fast Haha

>kraber should be hitscan

It does lack a certain "oomph". The Unibeam tends to make up for it though.

It's the only one I haven't bought Prime for as well, simply because I like my Red Baron paint.

I'm sure if he fell, he wouldn't even notice it.

>wwwwwwwww

N-NANI?

Doubtful you'd be able to do enough damage even while amped. Reapers and arc titans would bum rush you faster than you can take them out. Say nothing of that one wave with 80 drones or whatever.

Wtf got matched with three rddt on ps4 and they all bought batteries after the first round on regular. Is there something I dont know?

W-what's wrong with doing that?

>ywn be this comfy
why even live?

Amp batteries heal your titan alongside the usual effects

you don't have a titan during the first round to heal. that IS one of the usual efffect, also.
you're wasting $500 for flimsy shields and a whopping 10% core charge.

I was on regular FD and decided to fuck around and stuck N* on Guard by the harvester and camped out the middle and left lanes with an amped thunderbolt. I got like 42 Titan kills that match I think.

>THIS
It easier to rodeo a enemy titan, grab their battery then paying 500 for the same thing.

>go rodeo first Titan on home
>nobody else even goes for a battery they just blow it up

>You will never sleep inside Scorch
>You will never be that comfy
>You will never be warmed just right by Scorchs internal systems
W h y l i v e

>RDDT Ronin
>I am also a Ronin
>We both are running highlander
>He keep stepping on my toes and I can't get enough core charge/make my core last any extra
>I decide I'll just watch the harvester instead if this guy refuses to play like a team
>fails miserably to kill snipers/mortars
>We lose

What does bypassing doomed state mean?

When you empty a titans main health bar they go into doomstate with one extra health bar
Bypassing it with legions upgrade means when you empty their regular healthbar with a power shot they just don't have a doomstate and die immediately
Great for pesky nuke titans

>Legion with Overcore and Sensor Array with a dash is now a reality

A good way to tell if you're playing with shitters is if they waste their money on batteries instead of permanent defense. Word of advice is to abandon games on hard or above if they buy batteries for anything but a dying lvl3 monarch on last wave.

>nerf the G2
>actually make it so much better
>SMGs are still bullshit

Great...

I've noticed that the r97 is being used less but it's still the best weapon for close range gunfights.

>play during day
>teammates are all retarded
>play during night
>teammates are competent

I literally can't understand this phenomenon but it doesn't stop me from getting frustrated.

>play multiplayer for first time since FD update
>feel like the L-Star TTK is even lower
>literally keep firing after people die because I think I should be shooting longer
Anyone else? Did they stealth buff it?

Is there some technique to getting a stack going? I'm on the PS4 and it seems like I'm always missing the groups that I hear about.

You invite network and keep doing it until people actually join.

kids playing off their moms credit card probably are asleep, and non-dedicated shitters have given up

Should I pick up a mic? I have an instinctive hatred for them because of trash teens who won't shut up about hacks or their mom's. It seems like it could be helpful and fun to mic with other fast guys.

PC never really has trouble with the mics, but I guess on PS4 it could be an issue. I can play a whole stack with tfg and only text chat, but that's also only PC.

What's your opinion on the new map Rise?

Especially seeing as the AI never uses smoke. You can pretty much just hop between them stealing batteries and chucking grenades in.

>new map
It's quite fun though, like all the tf1 maps it's designed around being able to use the movement system properly and gives pilots spots where they can get the drop on unaware titans.

>7k players for tf2 on a f2p weekend
>tf1 can't even manage 200 players

Played a few hours of tf2, mp is still a clusterfuck but the frontier defense mode versus AI is neat.

Not sure if I want to pay full price just for that mode alone. But the origin access seems like a good deal.

Isn't it only like $20? Or did they end that sale?
Honestly, the multiplayer being a clusterfuck is great, because while being a clusterfuck, you can understand what's in the clusterfuck.
Jumping into the middle of a titan fight as a pilot to jump on an enemy titan, grabbing their battery, then dropping your own titan on top of them in the middle of it all is amazing to me. And yeah, FD is fun as he'll, especially when you have 20 titans coming at you at once.

Whew

Game refuses to go under 20 yurops on g2jew sites and doesn't follow origin on the daily to spot when it's on sale. Heard about the f2p weekend by luck.

Might give the access subscription a go if it's still fun by the end of tomorrow.

This, the soundtrack is amazing

I just looked, Origins sale ended, it probably ended on the FD update. I'd honestly say this game is worth full price for the amazing single Player and great multiplayer and everything, but it's your call.