I want to be a touge boy. what cars are good for performance/drifting. like mountain type shit...

i want to be a touge boy. what cars are good for performance/drifting. like mountain type shit. I wanna make the car look nice too. i want the car to look something like this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gcq1T0ZBD1w
youtube.com/watch?v=tQyEIRUyEvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=y1ehf0gdoDE
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I need front

If you're good enough, you can drift anything

MR2 Turbo with racing slicks.

Best car for handling sharp turns on mountain roads.

go to bed dagumi

Fun fact about togue racing; it has damn near nothing to do with drifting for speed. Powering out of oversteer successfully, especially on a downhill corner, is hard as fuck and not worth the utter cut to to speed it causes. But, you wonder, why are those VHS tapes I see from the 80s filled with drifting in battles? Why are Asetto Corsa dorks drifting in battles if its slow? I'm going to assume you have a decent knowledge of racing line development. When you drift, you are blocking the entire fucking road. Those tracks are tiny and built for two tiny commuter cars to zip through at 25 mph. When they drift, it not only blocks their opponent from passing on the outside or inside line, it completely throws off whatever entry speed they had going into it. Add that to limited visibility of corner exit and the adjustments the cat has to make to maintain forward momentum, and suddenly they're sprawled out over the road. Also, I don;t mean cat as in jazz musician. Never, almost ever, have there been actual Inital D style rules when racing in togues. Races are done cat-and-mouse, with one following on a delay. Then, the racers go uphill with the positions switched (or not, depending on their agreement.) Then, the difference of the distance is calculated and the person who has a larger distance behind the mouse is the loser. As for really getting into it, racing lines are the number one most important factor. These are roads with no banks and often in poor conditions. You have to learn the road by heart, like the back of your penis, before you even try to go fast on them. Even then, you have to set up a logistics track, meaning guys every kilometer with walkie talkies ready to start screaming about passersby or cops coming. On yeah, the cops. Good fucking luck running unless you're seriously equipped. That doesn't just mean a faster car than a shitty panther-body. That means being able to turn your lights off and go flat out in the dark at night.

is this a new pasta?

>implying OP's s2k won't snap overstreer just as good

Don't forget being able to get rid of any identifying factors on your car. Keep your stock wheels and a different body kit on hand for switching, maybe even getting different paint. If you are cought, not only is your car getting crushed with your JDM turbo and rare kit on it, it means your going to jail for a long time. A long, long time. And god forbid you hit someone or cause property damage. If you kill someone street racing you will die in prison, whether it was another street racer or not.

All this said, if you really get into it and aren't an absolute moron, it's a good time. Don't go out and get an S13 and throw a turbo on it. Get an FF. A 3k civic is not a terrible starter car. You can trash it against guardrails and not care. You can build it if you want but probably shouldn't. has a point that SW20 chassis is a great choice for a very very experienced driver, but something with better weight distribution and a less demanding layout is ideal. Something not-sporty looking is better for when you eventually get caught. Just a night of fun, nothing serious you say with your "stock-ish" FK2, Mazdaspeed6, or Fiero behind you.

One last tip, don't go into this alone. You need people to build the infrastructure for it and help you get better. You just need to find the right crazy motherfuckers to help you do it. This is the kind of thing you'll brag to your kids about, and it will amaze them when they open Forza for the first time and find your god machine waiting for them.

MX5 NB model, the 1.8L engine cause its the only one with any speed.
The MR2 is great, but so is the MR-S, or the MR2 spyder as its called here, it's a completely different car from the MR2 though, it's closer to the miata in terms of handling and speed.
Theres also the E36 bmw coupe, but that isn't so aesthetically pleasing.
The lexus IS250 isn't too bad of a drift car either if you're skilled enough to drift it. But it's aesthetics are kind of eh.
Theres also the MG TF if we're talking cheap drift cars, but I can't really tell you if that's good, I've never seen it being used.
If you can find a good deal, I've seen porsche boxsters going for like 1500. They're pretty good and fast too.
Oh yeah and go practice on the track first and read up on basic racing theory if you haven't already.
Practice recovering from things like oversteering. You need that kind of knowledge if you're actually gonna try this.
Oh and if money aint a problem, the honda S2K is a great car, but isn't beginner friendly or you could you know import an altezza rs200, its an absolutely amazing drift car with huge potential, and of course the RX7, but you need to mod that just to keep it alive because of overheating issues that are present in all rotary engines.
If you're fine with drifting in a four wheel drive and have the money, impreza wrx sti. Evos are great and all but they need a ton of maintenance and wheren't built to last unlike imprezas.
Also literally everything this guy just said is great advice. This ain't initial D, you're gonna die if you ever try passing someone on a pass.

As far as modifications go, lexane windows are a must. You will bust that shit when you hit your rear-end against a guardrail or wall. Not only do they not break, the lack of cracks indicate that you don't drive hard or recklessly. Turbos are for dorks but still fun, although NA is going to give you more reliable power and be less demanding. Keeping mind you're going to be doing sweeping roads with alot of sharp turns and hairpins. Keeping revs high is more demanding than you might think. Primarily aesthetic mods, like body kits and fancy paint is to be avoided entirely. Loud exhausts are also not recommended. Stickers are fine, they're fucking stickers, but some avoid those too. The point is to make your car not look like a street racing car. Tighter suspensions aren't as good as you might think, as the roads are not going to be well maintained and are far from racetrack quality. Coilovers are nice though. Keep it a sleeper rather than a super street showcar. Focus on cutting weight rather than increasing power. That way, you get better power to weight while increasing handling. FF is the best layout to train before going FR, but many FFs are still used popularly. FR is the next step and lends well to battling because of the aforementioned drifting that can cause your opponents line to mess up. MR is a good layout too and technically the best, but it's gonna be the layout you die in. IDK about European meme layouts like RR or MF. AWD is good too, but I have almost no experience racing those. Feel free to ask other questions or recommendations on cars.

t. boiracer

According to hot version: FD, R34, s2000, MRS

>r34
>touge

not the greatest choice considering its a big heavy understeery boat but its a meme car so ill let it slide

Yes literally this, any of the GTRs will get you killed when you crash because you didn't brake enough and/or understeered, plus they wear down tires very quickly with their like more than 1.5 tonne chassis. Not to mention if you're gonna be unironically on mountains, downhill and uphill put so much stress on your tires as it is, in a car like that you'll probably start getting flat spots after like two runs.

Actually they're pretty nice if built for it with weight reduction and such. They can get up to crazy horsepower while still being manageable thanks to their weight, and a lot of their bulk is offset by 4-wheel steering. It's older brothers are more suited to togue racing but if it's all you got it'll do.

FD is a good car but not great for togue thanks to its tiny powerband and painfully useless turbo. FC is better suited to togue thanks to its size and natural aspiration/low pressure turbo.

S2000s are fucking awesome but expensive.

MRS is also great but woefully udnerpwered unles you 2ZZ swap it. If you K20 swap an MRS I'm gonna poop in your fucking mouth. Not for beginners thanks to it's layout but it's much more forgiving than the SW20.

If you want performance over drifting, cause you know, drifting is actually pretty impractical outside of the track. The EK9 civic is an amazing choice, you can build that thing up to be an absolute beast on the touge, just invest in coilover suspension, a short throw shifter and a good pair of tyres. The EK9 stock has more than enough horsepower for the touge given how hard it is to actually build up speed without dying because of the lack of straights.
Especially downhill, you can't understand what its like to actually race downhill until you've had experience. Also do some research into how to actually approach corners in FF cars, cause too often you'll see people taking them on as if they where in an FR and they lose time because of that lack of understanding.

This man speaks the truth. EK9s are sweet.

BRZ/86?
Miata?
RX-8?

Toyobaru good. Inexpensive, FR, easy to mess with and repair. Only downside is not cheap enough and bad weight distribution.

Miata good, but underpowered. Terrible for HC but good for downhill.

RX-8 actually better than RX-7. Very low center of gravity and enough power to be competitive, also very, VERY forgiving. With that in mind, worst crash I've ever seen was in an RX-8. Guy clpped the inside wall and it careened him off the side going under the guardrail. The thing was 90% off a cliff. Driver got a concussion, couple of broken ribs, and bruises and scrapes and such to match. Airbag didn't deploy for some reason, but he might have had aftermarket bits causing that. Don't let that discourage you though, great car.

The Toyota Altezza RS200 SXE10, it has 210 bhp, a factory LSD, it's rear wheel drive with a six speed manual, lighter than the worldwide counterparts and is reliable too, with some weight reduction, e.g. getting rid of extra seats and carpets and some light tuning, you have one hell of a touge car on your hands. The only reason people don't praise this thing more is probably cause a lot of people don't know what this thing even is, or if they do, they don't realise just how much better it is compared to any of it's lexus counterparts.
It's essentially a better much cheaper GT86 that actually is better in a lot of aspects, including power to weight ratio. It takes an skilled driver to bring its high potential out though.

Explain how a nc 2.0 miata would climb slower than an rx-8.

You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk? Post your boi racer touge machine and then I might believe you.

I drive a 2015 Mazda 3. I don't race anymore. Also on my phone so no marble statues. I learned on a T200 Celica, which is an absolutely terrible car. From there an EH, then a 240SX, then an absolute beast of an S2K. I've tried tons of stuff out, albeit not extensively.

FD
FC
RX8
180SX
Tons of civics
2ZZ swapped MR2
MK3 Supra
R32
R34
Miata NB and NC

Never got to drive an 86, but mostly because I was too afraid of asking and looking like a fucking idiot. Biggest regret from back then.

That would probably be on par. I was referring to NA, which definitely can't run HC like an RX8.

first go spend a couple hours watching hot version on best motoring official or even better on miroshi with english captions, then decide what car you want

>being so pathetic you pretend to be an anime street racer on a bulgarian carpet weaving forum

>VHS tapes I see from the 80s filled with drifting in battles?

they aren't from the 80s you fucking dork.

Hot Version/ Best Motoring International are from the early '00s.

How pathetic would someone have to be to lie on an anonymous forum.

Not at all what I was referring to. They don't even drift on best motoring when they do togue runs.

> better weight distribution than rear mid engine

man these sculpts are really good

this guy looks like he's really trying his hardest not to be bothered by a toddler near his leg

Or you could just do what we do

>find empty ass twisty back road
>about 5 people live on it so it’s empty
>national open road so technically speed limit is 100km/h
>at 3am it is dead

Rules are simple
>you have to stay in your lane (unless you need to overtake)
>can’t go over 140km/h (threshold for driving convictions in NZ) although this is difficult as most of the straightaways are short
>have a start and finish point and do timed runs

We have never been caught or even come close to an accident. I enjoyed it the most in my old dc5 integra or my flatmates na 300zx

My twin turbo is just too fast and tail happy but our fastest car is a stock fd because the driver is a madman

*blocks your path*

I like (you) but please don't become a tripfag

i envy you, having this kind of friends. post videos if you have any. is it exclusively timed runs, or are there duels?

*unleashes your abortion*

> drifting is actually pretty impractical outside of the track
Not like it has any use on the track either

Sucks I’m your country maybe, in NZ the biggest we get are possums which don’t even affect your line kek

We actually have one go pro vid but it’s incriminating asf so it’s hidden on my flat mates hard drive maybe one day I’ll post it here. The closest we have ever come to a proper race was
>doing casual cruise at hunua
>fd leading huge train
>we are in the other twin turbo (18psi)
>my mate the driver (he’s bit of a prodigy) is tailgating the fd trying to get him to go a bit faster
>fd suddenly boosts it
>big z hauls ass to keep up
>z has a big brake kit and dispite having 300kg and a passenger on the fd it can out brake it
>hard core sports car fd has almost unmatched cornering potential and is on Chinese jutties and tires
>heavy gt car z is on well setup bc golds and is a cornering weapon, especially on massive nitto invos and holds its own
>next short straight fd driver is spooked and brakes (common thing on the touge you never truly know what’s ahead)
>z driver chops second gear at 80km/h doing a 6000rpm heel toe
>fd goes to punch it again
>z screams at 18 psi putting down all of its near 300kw in 2nd while the fd is still in 3rd
>rip past him in the wrong lane approaching a right hand blind corner
>we have the speed
>we have the length on him
>we can out brake him
>mate backs off and falls in behind before the corner as that’s just dumb man what if there was like a car and shit (there wasn’t but meh I wouldn’t have done it either)
>have a good laugh and banter about it while some random boonga in a legacy has a flip because he thought we were the train off to do some skids and that we wasted his fuel driving out here

Aside from that no real races in amongst our crew, I have raced some randoms on senic, I chopped a golf r32 in the fd, and a random rav 4 (serious lol he was hauling ass trying to race) in the na z, and I blew the doors off an Audi rs4 in my z (I’ve greentexted that story before)

Pink one is 18psi

Dont bother with some Japanese piece of shit lmao get an actual drivers' car

why the fuck was this car not sold with a 3S-GTE

You ever try the golden bay route? Some of the best driving in the country.

>actual drivers car
>e36

pick one

you do not currently possess the skill and money to have that

because it had a 3SGE with 210hp

>still doing the autistic "mongolian animation IRC channel" meme

im not autistic I swear

Hey user, thank you for your posts. I am a noob at the minute in regards to cars and these posts sound like real solid advice for when the day I decide to make the jump.

Just one question: is it possible to race in the mountains just for fun with friends without dying trying to go max speed?

>is it possible to race in the mountains just for fun with friends without dying trying to go max speed?
Just don't go full throttle you retard

>Actually they're pretty nice if built for it with weight reduction and such.
You gonna pull weight from the engine? Because GTRs are shit on touge. Especially downhill.

ever got to try an s14?

what's the point of MR when you can get 50/50 weight distribution with FR

You lose power because it has to be transferred from the front to the back.

>not using FF or RR

First time I've ever looked at a kouki S14 and liked it and its a fucking toy

it looks amazing doesn't it? hahah

MR basically means you can distribute the weight however you want and as long as it's biased towards the rear you're fine.

Thanks. I like marble sculpting alot. I want to do it one day.

Of course not, tripfags are fags. I'm just posting sculptures to kind of indicate who I am.

Yeah, that's fine, but not really what the P is asking about. Just driving some twisties with friends is fun but racing requires the aforementioned infrastructure.

They're more suited to HC but they aren't shit at all. They're bulky and you need to drive to compensate for that, but 4 wheel steering and high power make up for that.

I tried a 180SX once, which was marketed as a 240SX in the States, which I think is what you're referring to? Names are weird. I did HC with one once, not really pushing it, but the major think I remember was it got really fishtaily out of corners. The owner might have gotten a stiffer sway bar in the rear but you had to countersteer coming out of a corner at speed regardless of how fast you were going. I can't say much else because I really haven't driven it much, but they're pretty.

Weight starts at the back and ends at the back. You get much faster corner exit speed because you don't have to manage your weight as autistically to get perfect distribution. Downside is you oversteer easier and it's more difficult to countersteer, but there's some braking techniques to mitigate that.

he never said hot version..

Yes they are shit on touge. Especially downhill where you get none of the power and AWD advantage, but all of the 60/40 weight disadvantage.

can we talk more? whats your discord?

[email protected]

I'd like to stay anonymous.

They really aren't. You're correct that they aren't suited to downhill as much but they're one of the few heavy cars that can hold their own.

The amount of effort to push one up and down a mountain versus, say, an FD is massive. They’re not suitable for small and tight courses. Open tracks with sweeping turns and larger straights are where they shine.

>FD is a good car but not great for togue thanks to its tiny powerband and painfully useless turbo.
I missed this.

You absolutely have no idea what you’re talking about.

Who /eurotougue/ here?

I have no idea what else to tell you. Why do you think the FD is a good togue car?

I used to own both at once.

The FD is fantastic because of its balance. For you to say it has a tiny power band and painfully useless turbos is about the most wrong thing I’ve ever read. Mazda engineered the sequential twins to combat everything you complained about, and they work as engineered. The car carries momentum extremely effortlessly, to the point where I said to myself “I need to stop before I fuck up and kill myself” and the GTR is more of a “I need to not push it at all up here, because it’ll understeer straight into a guardrail or off the side of the mountain” I’ve experienced it and almost fucking wrecked it.

Now, on a highway (i.e Tokyo’s C1 Kool)? The GTR is the very clear winner.

>Kool
Idk what the fuck happened there. I meant ‘loop’

How come people that make the biggest tldr posts replying to ten people at a time always have the shittiest opinions.

>based tripfag calling egotistical poser on his facade

I really dislike you for owning both of the cars I've wanted since I was 10.

I would kill for that FD

youtube.com/watch?v=Gcq1T0ZBD1w

youtube.com/watch?v=tQyEIRUyEvQ

youtube.com/watch?v=y1ehf0gdoDE

>i wan be boi racer

GT86
>inb4 no power meme
There is an aftermarket for this stuff. Things that boiracers do.

Or

You could be like any other reasonable young adult male and take it to the track for when you fuck up.
And you will fuck up.
So why not have a little run-off?

>FD is a good car but not great for togue thanks to its tiny powerband and painfully useless turbo.
That simply ain't true man. The sequential twins of the FD make it drive like an NA while still putting down a respectable amount of power (especially with a modestly modified setup). At full throttle, the primary turbo will build boost as early as 1800 RPM, and will hit full boost at 3000 and hold it past 6000 with the help of the secondary turbo. Even at 8000 RPM it manages to maintain 5-7 psi.

uhhuh

Don’t let your dreams be dreams

I would kill to have it back

The stock boost pattern is 10-8-10. Yeah he’s wrong. I just read back through his posts in here and they’re all just full of fantasy bullshit that can only come from a weeb who watched too much Hot Version.

(in comparison, bone stock 86 to compare sequential meme to a regular NA power delivery)

lmao fuck thats linear.

You can't judge it by simply looking at a dyno graph. Hell, I'll show you mine. I will reaffirm that the FD has incredibly smooth acceleration. You have to experience it from behind the wheel to know.

In my experience, the 8 isn't noticeable at all, but that might be because I never drove mine on the stock exhaust, and I took out the pre-cat the day after the car passed inspection.

It’s only a tiny tiny bit noticeable, but you have to really pay attention for it.

>You have to experience it from behind the wheel to know.
I have. The engine has terrible mid-range power. It just dies for a second or two when shifting up.

The FDs that I've driven/seen driven were not suitable for togue racing. They just aren't. I've never ffelt comfortable going fast in them and none of the ones I've seen seemed particularly fast on the togue. Graphs about power curves aside, my opinion still stands because of my experience with them.

GTRs are understeery but the same is true or most MR cars. My experience with them has been good.

>3200+ lbs in USA
>240hp
>good car lol

im going to take your word over multiple Super GT racers and engineers with 20+ years of tuning sports cars, specifically the FD.

But nah , youre smart and cultured because you post marble statutes of dead people most people don't give a flying fuck about.

So what exact kind of FD are you talking about then? Because I’m talking about a stock one. As Mazda put together and sold to the general public.

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
speed up

I've driven a close-to-stock one downhill, think the exhaust was different and maybe some other bits but not quite sure. I've seen others driven both downhill and HC. They aren't bad cars by any means, I just don't like them. This might be becuase I juste xpect evry Mazda to feel like a Miata, but even the Mazdaspeed 3 I've driven had that bounciness to it that the FD just doesn't have. It never feels stable and I always felt like I was rushing to do something to keep the car on line or in the second turbo.

I'm just giving my opinion.

>most people don't give a flying fuck about.
>being an uncultured swine

wanke(r)l fags are the worst

>had that bounciness to it that the FD just doesn't have

Oh, you're just used to shit soft suspension.

you have this aura of pretentiousness surrounding your posts. It reeks. Nothing wrong with sharing your opinion. Your actual experience in driving (compared to those Super GT drivers is non existent).

I just don’t even know what to say to that.

You dislike an FD but liked a Miata and a Mazdaspeed 3? Also bounciness?

My opinion is you’ve more than likely never driven any of the cars you claim, but have spent a lot of time typing a whole lot of bullshit here today. But again, that’s my opinion.

>wah you're uncultured if you don't wank off to statues of dead dudes.

you probably pretend to listen to classical music too right?

and you sound like a nigger
i do occasionally. sibelius is fantastic.

And you sound like you dropped out of high school. Fucking brainlet.

Yeah that might be it.

I don't know man there just statues. Its this or anime girls. No one here as the experience of professional GT driving but that's not the most relevant factor with discussing downhill cat-and-mouse racing. The FD is a beautiful car, and its incredible what people do with them, but I have never liked driving them. They're too interactive, if that makes any sense. I can't zone out and just go when I'm in an FD.

Yeah I like some cars and not others. Total insanity.

woah LOOK @ this Anglo (56% white American) calling people niggers. Really stimulated my synapses

>making classical music makes you smarter

God damn. I better start listening to it like you.

>No one here as the experience of professional GT driving but that's not the most relevant factor with discussing downhill cat-and-mouse racing.

Yes it is a relevant factor because their opinions hold WAY more weight than anyone else on this board. They have years of driving experience and know exactly how certain cars are suppose to feel when driving them.

btw

being able to play classical music > just listening to classical music.

Listening to music takes absolutely no skill at all

Okay so why do you listen to anyone else other than the guys on Hot Version? By that logic your own opinion doesn't matter either, just repeat whatever those guys say. You can disagree with me but that doesn't mean my opinion is wrong.