en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform
youtube.com/watch?v=cpLzx9Z8Puw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MLB_platform
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_New_Global_Architecture
youtube.com/watch?v=4pyWOdjdDdc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they do, its called a golf.

You do realize thats a Volkswagen Golf with different body panels and a premium price tag for the gullible idiots?

but muh 5cyl

> I can’t afford this car so I’m going to associate it with the next car I see
fuck off fags, this isn’t a Golf at all. Driving a golf feels like a minecart on gravel compared to the RS3. The modification potential on an RS3 is beyond a Golf, which would need an entire rebuild if you want to add a sloght amount of hp. It’s like comparing an F150 tradesman with a Ram 3500 Mega Limited. They’re both the same body style, but completely different feeling when you get behind the wheel. Maybe older people notice this faster, since our bones are far more sensitive to the bumps of the road.
RS3 is a beauty, but the RS6 is the real beast.

But it's literally a Golf with Haldex AWD, a tarbo strapped to the engine and maybe the spring/damper settings switched up a bit

lmao doug was really speaking the truth when he said you VW/audi fags are touchy haha

it's literally a Golf R

AND A CYLINDER SLAPPED ON IT

rs3 != s3

The Golf gets the 07K inline 5 in the US, just not the turbo version.
Same block though.

Burgers hate wagonhatches

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform

Eat shit badge fag.

>mfw that page lists the Passat but no A4/A5/A6/A7/A8
D-does this mean those aren't actually rebranded Passats, like Veeky Forums loves to meme about?

This, gentlemen, is a literal audi cuck realizing how swindled he has been by VW.

lel

But they are. Just because someone selectively left the information out, doesnt mean your delusions are right.

>muh 5 cylinders

It's still associated with Audisteer, the true german innovation and engineering.

youtube.com/watch?v=cpLzx9Z8Puw

Those care more like the Toerag.

Then why do they show up here? Is MLB the same thing as MQB? Why do they have separate pages? Were the memes wrong?

quite a fascinating sight

>/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform

>the state of american education

"MLB: Audi A4, Volkswagen Passat"

Can you even read?

Why would you want a piece of shit understeer mobile?
Sucks that U.S doesnt get BMW M140i hatch though.

ITT underbody = same car

>hurr its the same block so it's the same engine

shut up.

And even, EVEN, if the chassis wasn't the same, the block is the same, the shocks are the same, the seats are the same, the gearboxes are the same, the technical solutions are the same, the electronics are the same, the tubing is the same, the small bits are the same, everything apart from body panel shape, and plastic shape is the fucking same.

For fucks sake, even a fucking Lamborghini shares pieces with the low end Skodas and Seats.

VW literally swindles badgefags and they believe they are getting some muh premium cars.

>A vanilla icecream is icecream. A chocolate icecream is not icecream.

Great logic there faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_New_Global_Architecture
So why is it okay when Toyota does it, but when VW does it it's literally the worst thing in the entire industry?

>an engine with entirely cast components is the same as an engine with all forged internals

because Toyota actually makes good cars

>an engine is an engine, you can buy an sbc350 in the US, why would you want a lamborghini V10? just put two more cylinders on the V8

Do you see Lexus fags day after day pushing out threads in here about how amazing their rebadged Toyota is or do you see audi faglets do it? And who says here, says irl.

Theres your answer.

>implying the same engine isn't always made by VW and then trickled down to Audi

>food is food, who cares what it actually is. It does the same thing

a tripfag and an idiot, k buddy

jeez why do murifats act like vag is some sort of giant evil world controlling sect

if you look closely at that link you posted you will see that there are no lexus vehicles built on the toyota platforms. Toyota doesnt rebage anything and sell it at a 200% markup.

>that there are no lexus vehicles built on the toyota platform
HS
CT
ES
GX
LX
NX
RX

Everything they made in the last 20 years aside the NA 5 cylinder and and some performance cars wasn't worth the maintenance.

and then when you have to do a timing belt job

>taking off this part that's literally designed to be easily removable is hard

>removing the entire front section of a car

>removing an engine mount and changing the belt

Are you really that stupid?

>remove 4 bolts that hold on front clip
>take off front clip
>have all the room and visibility in the world for your timing belt job
How is this such a bad thing?

You clearly never did such job and think it is only four bolts.

Go watch some YT videos.

>actually defending this bullshit
go audisteer off a fucking cliff

>4 bolts
More like FOUR FUCKING HOURS

Better yet, buy an audi.

Wait for TB replacement time.

Come back and cry as you had you wallet raped just in labor costs and needless parts and consumables replaced for what could have been a two hour job.

Plus other 4 to reassemble, IF everything goes alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=4pyWOdjdDdc
Easily removable, only 4 bolts. Right.

>total time: 4 hours and 25 minutes
Kek, was right and that's only a 1.8T.

Primarily the v8 is the timing chain meme, and it's 8k to fix it

The discussion was about the timing belts on the V6s, that V8 is another level of shitshow

Irregardless, Audi is well known for expensive as fuck, needlessly complex design choices.

When you've got to do with parts from the parts bin from VW you gotta do what you gotta do to make things worse.

In the end it doesn't even matter. The badgefags don't mind getting swindled and will happily pay the extra for the muh premium feel.

In the end it's VW you gets to be patted on the back for coming up with this marketing scheme. If I started a business I would definitely want those guys as advisers.

So I saw this post and decided to end it once and for all. You sir, are correct. Here is the link to the engines and the one used in both Audi and VW. Although Audi AG did create this 4 cylinder 1.8 engine, VW uses it in a lot of applications and it says it towards the end. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines

>its 8k to fix it

no its not.

it is expensive, but not 8k. parts alone is about 1500-2k

t. i had one

Sure the parts are 2k, but then there's the labor of removing the entire front, pulling the engine, rebuilding the entire timing setup and reassembling everything. Boom, 10k repair bill.

you know nothing

it's cheap, he said

only have to do it once every 10 years. and it takes a weekend. not that big of a deal desu

They are known to fail at 50k. It's not fucking cheap from every report, and since when is 2k for a timing chain cheap?

oh come on. by 'known to', do you mean like, 1 or 2 ever in history? they typically fail at around 120k.

give me some insight as to what you think the maintenance is like on a used 10+ year old german performance awd luxury sedan. are you expecting to buy one with over 100k miles for 1/10 its original price and daily it with just spark plug and oil changes? this aint a 90 hp civic.

And the Ford GT is an F-150 with a bodykit right?

It's got the same engine at least. Just like the RS3 has a hopped up shitbox Golf engine.

>a Golf, which would need an entire rebuild if you want to add a sloght amount of hp
ya got me

are you autist unable to understand the concept of irony?

see

another butthurt faggot that bought an audi and is now realizing he was swindled into buying a more expensive VW?

this thread is golden

i've worked on VW's and audis, specifically at a VAG licensed seller with a bodyshop. dropping the front end also includes dropping anything connected to it, including the front ''crash'' beam, the plastic front end that has the radiator and A/C stuff and sometimes the transmission oil cooler bolted on to it, you've got to remove the bumper which is a bitch on some audis and you've got to handle well over 1000€ headlights with care. ''easily removed'' my fucking ass.

It's the same as user replacing it cheap and doing it himself or whatever for only the 2k(It's actually 3k) I would assume. Maybe .005% of owners would attempt a 8k repair on a car worth 10k max.

found the redditor.

i'd like to see a home mechanic deal with the clusterfuck that VW electronics systems are

what is it about them you find so hard to grasp?

How are the Seat models? They can be had used at pretty good prices around where I live.

Americunts don't deserve it.

Yea pretty much

>Americunts don't deserve it
>Americunts don't deserve an overpriced and worse Volkswagen when there are so many better options

ITT: Poorfags who will never be able to afford anything nice and new.

Enjoy your beat up Civic from 2004

:~)

This, I test drove one but ended up saying fuck that and got a GS F instead. Sure I would've liked to have AWD and a turbo but at least with the Lexus I'm not worried about reliability and problems in the future

>i've never had do deal with VAGs in house diagnostics, the post

Volkswagens with simpler/cheaper materials.

Same issues, same strong points as the "original" counterparts.

This

>Tfw your golf has the na 5
>100k soon
>Well kept and no issues yet besides radiator fan noise

Just import one. What are you, cucked McFly?

>i've never had do deal with VAGs in house diagnostics, the post
i have and use vcds and have written custom tunes to account for my bigger turbo and methanol. ive coded in paddle shifters and half a dozen other stupid little things. ive pulled too many logs to count. i swapped in a motor to my b8 from a b8.5 allroad with flex-fuel capabilities. hell i even had to re-solder a connection on my third brake light. nothing about any of this was any different from any other modern car ive ever worked on.

again, what do you find so daunting about audis?

>this
Im not a VAG fanboy but to believe that a RS3 and a Golf are the same car you must be mentally retarded, or American.

>you must be mentally retarded, or American
whats the difference

an RS3 is an S3 with an extra cylinder and an S3 is literally a Golf R

so it has a completely different engine, completely different transmission, completely different brakes, completely different suspension, completely different body, completely different interior, etc etc etc so its literally the exact same car. makes perfect sense.

B-b-but the MQB-platform, checkmate! Am I Right guys? Guys?

Skoda is the patricians version of VAG cars.

>he thinks vcds is in house

nigger, vcds is literally OSX for vags

> written custom tunes

tell us, what software did you use

you know, i do this for a living, and i can call your bullshit

the engine also equips golfs, the transmission also equips golfs, the brakes also equip golfs, the suspensions also equips golf, the chassis is the same of a golf, the body panels are different and the interior panels are different, while, still using the same retention hardware and bits

or since it's VW who does the parts and then sources them to audi under a rebadge... are you retarded or can you get to the conclusion yourself?

literally

Because it is Toyota. :^)

eurodyne. and what would what youre referring to as 'in house diagnostics' have to do with a 'home mechanic' replacing a motor?

>LC is literally a prius

> t. murifat who doesnt know how companies actually work

newest gen actually handles p good

>i did
>mentions eurodyne

lol

you are one pathetic motherfucker

>t. badgewhore that got swindled by vw and can't get over it

yes, i did. are you done being a baby?