>objectively terrible car with much better options in price range
>1k+ dislikes and plentiful butthurt comments from mirage owners
youtube.com/watch?v=5aCsNs3eYTE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x5EFS6WmxQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hi doug!

any american eco hatch rolling turd is worse than a new mirage, i guarantee it

Literally everyone has called the Mirage the worst new car.
Lol @ everyone thinking you can't say something is bad because it's cheap in those comments.

>doug mentions the Fit is like $2k more expensive but much much better
>hurr durr rich fag moking cheap car go back to your ferrari and mercedes-amg

lmao

I want to punch whoever keeps making these Doug threads so fucking hard

why would you bother buying a cheap new car
the mirage is more than I paid for my 6 litre SS ute

Because not everyone what's a car like that

- Looks wonky
- Bad fuel economy
- Only 2 seats

okay if you want practicality the sedans are cheaper, it was just an example
or if you want extreme "my car has no soul but is the most practical car I could buy" a camry of only a few years ago can be had cheaper

What if my parents hypothetically bought that as my first car?
just asking for a friend haha
please help

auto or manual?

manual!
in germany btw.
we call the model space star here though.

just end it now senpai

good, thrash it, have some fun and dont worry about scuffs and save for the car you want

>a 2200lb, 1.2l 3 banger only gets 40mpg
fucking how? It should be getting nearer 50

Will take some years though... sadly.
Driving the mirage is so boring and I don't even know how I would thrash it. I doubt I can even drift with it without the car flipping over.

Yeah one 3/4 through it's warranty with 80,000km. For 2 grand more I'll take the new vehicle with no km and a full 10 year warranty.

I have a mirage for around a year now and I actually really like it. 22,000 km, bought it new $3,500 off factory price. Have had no issues with it what so ever. Get's amazing fuel economy. I actually like the handling, it kinda feels like a go cart. I have only driven a few other cars though. This is my 2nd car. I like having a manual transmission (number one thing I care about). It's not cool or anything, but with the 160,000km 10 year powertrain warranty you can't go wrong. Sure other cars are better for more money, but you don't get the same warranty. Also I think it looks the best for it's class. IMO it looks better than the Fit, Micra, Versa, Smart, Spark, or accent. The Fiat 500 looks better but that is quite a bit more expensive.

Family has one, it already has over 100k miles on it and has needed nothing but tires, brakes, regular maintenance. It was around 13k brand new. Gets 40mpg, doesn't have a turbo so reliable and easier to work on, has power everything.
Yeah it has a Fisher Price interior, sound system is abysmal, and passing power is non-existent, but it does the job perfectly. Not a single headache from this car as opposed to buying whatever other cheap econobox you'll buy. Even handles OK for the price, drives better than a prius for sure.

It's literally only a car you use for getting from point a to b. There's no fun involved and the car itself looks cheap.
The only good things are it's literally what you pay for and the insurence, fuel economy and warranties.
Doug missed the entire point of the car.
Le cheap car is cheap. Duh....

>at every stop light, depress gas pedal till it hit the limiter. It may be pretty low but just get good at dumping the clutch at the peak. doing this will still achieve 30+ mpg
>late brake everywhere
>don't be afraid to redline often.
>if it doesn't stop the car from going forward, steering, or braking then it gets ignored
>find every excuse to drive
>upgrade tire and brakes after you burn through the stock one and relearn how to drive the car with bitey brakes and sticky tires
>enjoy bullying "sports" cars on exit and on ramps

in other words, drive like a mad cunt

seepunch doug. he’s a fag

>looks wonky
fuck off you seppo cunt

some have compared it to a geo metro. New, it sold for $6750 and with inflation that puts it at new mirage price. Car and driver scoffed at the geo metro's lack of amenities the same way reviewers scoff at the mirage. I have a feeling that the mirage is going to be one of those cars with a cult following that spills over to normie consideration. There is going to be a lot of people who get the mirage as gift from their parents. memories will be made around that shitbox and everyone will look back fondly and lament "why don't modern manufacturers not make a car for point a to point b any more?". But thats only if mitsu can have parts available for all eternity like the geo metro and suzuki swift.

yeah, kinda agree

Looks like a good rallycross platform, desu.

The Mirage is literally the new Twingo.

Prove me wrong.

Buying a 20 year old German car is a better idea right?

Chuck her in the ute hey

You know they give you warranty on new cars because shit doesn't break for 100,000-200,000km right?

Say that to Ford. Say that to Volkswagen. Say that to GM. Say that to BMW.

>no fun

I`m sure without much work it could be turned into a fun shitbox.

Seems like someone already did so.

like hell. for a mitsubishi take all the warranty you can get. especially if its cvt

It can`t be that bad, most of the tech they use is over a decade old by now. They should have ironed out all the problems by now, no?

>But thats only if mitsu can have parts available for all eternity like the geo metro and suzuki swift.

How is that? Suzuki doesn`t even sell in `merika no more.

it weighs nothing. all you need to do is stick in a 4b11/12 and have a 155hp/146tq or 168hp/167tq. actually if you really can do those swaps then might as will go 4b11t and roast fwd err wherrr

mitsu doesn't make cvts in house. they farm it out to jatco. jatco hasn't update their designs since 2007 iirc. so take all the warranty you can

Nothing wrong with it's cvt. Noisy and slow, no shit, it's reliable as hell though.

noit for me. my (non evo) lancer days were fraught cvt issues. had to replace 2 of them before 70 or 80 thousand miles. i doubt it would kill itself again before the warranty was up so i got rid of it.

the cvt on the mirage may fair better since the 3cyl shouldn't stress it at all. but i will never cvt again.

i would drive the fuck out of a new mirage that shits tight

doug a fag

I’ve wondered why anyone would buy a Mirage when non-shot subcompacts weren’t far off the price (Fiesta, etc). Didn’t realize before this video they sold so far below msrp. I’m actually sorta intrigued now. I appreciate that they come in non-boring colours (although I assume the paint quality is bad?).

As he says, it may make sense for someone who really gives no fucks except to her from A to B with no drama. My mom bought a new Fit a couple years ago, and she probably would have been just as happy spending half on a Mirage.

>doug makes thread expecting everyone to agree with him
>lo and behold everyone calls him a retard

13k buys a really nice new motorcycle though.

Reminded me:

youtu.be/x5EFS6WmxQQ

>0-60 in 11.3 seconds is bad
my friend's first car was a Skoda Fabia that did it in 16 seconds

>all those busdriving GT-R fanboys praising Diug Dereddit in comments
ebin

Slow cars are scary in North America.

Anything under 2L for a car (or 600cc for a bike) and you can barely keep up with highway traffic (which is often +120km/h regardless of speed limits). Ive lived all over the world, and the US/Canada are a whole different ball-game in terms of power expectations.

What happens to the warranty and parts availability when Mitsubishi inevitably closes shop in North America?

and I guess new drivers don't get fucked over by insurance to the same extent they do in the UK?

Yup

Insurance is based primarily on vehicle value not power, and there are no ‘power restrictions’ in licensing for either cars or bikes (I think this is why there’s no small bike segment/market in North America, which is arguably a bad thing)

>The buttons beep

I like the beeping buttons, beep boop :) haha

A supercharged KA20 would work pretty well with it I think. You'd probably need to drop in a beefier transmission at that point though.

Insurance in the UK is not decided on vehicle power or any other performance metric. The details of the car and driver are put into a computer which calculates the likelihood of having to pay out and how much they have to charge you to obviate this liability to themselves.

Yep, my first car was a 1.2l Mk6 Fiesta that did 0-60 in about 13 seconds. Made 75bhp and about 1 torque on a good day, less in the cold. A Mirage would feel pretty quick after driving that.

>less in the cold
How do you consider yourself a car enthusiast

>smart
>500
>Spark
Those are not even in the same class as the mirage

The smart is a luxury compact car
the 500 and the spark are also bigger than the Mirage and the 500 can actually become a sporty car if you get an abarth model
Taste is subjective but the Fit looks much better even if its riced out from the factory

I was joking

Yep, you can get reasonably quick cars without paying too much even as a young driver if you get a car that nobody else has. If you buy a rarer car (without it being an exotic car obviously) then you can save quite a bit. I drive a Fiesta Metal which was a limited run model with about 140bhp, so still not quick at all but still a pretty stereotypical chav car, but because hardly anyone else has them I pay less than my mates who drive 1.4 Corsas

Ok, I suppose it’s the same here. But I though in Europe they pay big “road taxes” which are determined by re type of vehicle? (Where in North America that doesn’t exist except for one time “gas guzzler” taxes on like Lambos)

How is the Swift priced abroad? I see them a lot traveling, but in NA the subcompact market is full of shit like the Mirage and Versa (and even they sell in small numbers). The Fiesta seems decent but I believe it’s being killed off, and the 500 is nearly a premium car here a la the Mini.

Tax in the UK is based on emission standards rather than outright displacement and fuel consumption.
For example, a new, Euro 6 540i would be cheaper to tax than a late 90s 2.0l diesel

So you pay a yearly tax based on emissions? Actually makes sense.

In NA I think everywhere you basically just pay for your license, registration, and plate, so it’s the same for a $500 shitbox as a G-Wagen, but really shouldn’t be.

pretty good
The Swift Sport is even better and can put a 500 or a non S mini to shame in performance

Why not? lets people buy whatever they can afford without chaining them to a tax system made to force out older cars from the road for good

>be Mitsubishi

>This is what weeaboos and europoors actually think

I'm convinced UTE posting is just a meme. These literally do nothing a regular cab 2wd truck can't and offer far less in terms of capacity,towing, and general durability since they're car based.

Only an AUSfag or numale that's never seen a truck would think these are practical or good.

>waaah it has no USB
>waaaaah it has no bluetooth
>aux ports are so 2007

this is what consumerist pigs care about in a car
how do we put them in the gulags, Veeky Forums?

Frankly I’d rather not have any of that technology stuff since my phone does all of that better.

oh god the sneeky mobile is back dont smash it into a fence this time get better tyres

Give an example

not any more my man
it's a flat rate now

I disliked it because he fucked up his math. That's not a 40% discount. It's 40% of the new $10,000 price. A 40% discount would be 40% of the original $14,000 price. It's a 28% discount.

Car looks embarrassing to drive though. Wouldn't buy.

>3816 dislikes
so many salty wagecucks

>he still thinks he needs to have a thick frame to be heavy duty
Face it, unibody is objectively better, offering same rigidity for less weight.

I spent $11.8k on a Chevy Sonic with less than 10k miles.

k.

i spent 5k on a honda fit with 25k miles, fight me

What the fuck is this fucking theme, you absolute blind fuck.

Why is it less if it's a rare car? I don't understand.

I've only seen black ladies driving them, in green or pink colors.

So, when adjusted for inflation, it costs basically what a Yugo cost when those were sold in America. And it seems a lot better than a Yugo.

>Anything under 2L and you can barely keep up with highway traffic

American here. I have never owned a car with more than 1.8 liters, and never had issues on the highway (except with slow people in the left lane)

seriously the nissan versa really is the best cheap car in america

I don't like that he was shitting on it for being so cheap then also noting how few features it had, while my top of the line 20 year old shitbox has a very similar options list to a mediumly equipped mirage, while adjusting for inflation the mirage is $20k cheaper. I don't think barely double the horsepower and a bit better fit and finish + sound dampening is worth $20k.