Lexus

So no one likes Lexus' current design language.
And everyone complained in 2010 about how boring Lexus' design language was.

What do you want?

hey could you possibly add some more individual panels to that one particular part of that car, i dont think there are enough

The LC is probably the best looking car on sale
>inb4 some derivative yuroshit

The LC works because Lexus' design language is sharp and hyper-aggressive, which looks right at home on a sports car, not so much on a soccer mom crossover.

Lexi are sexy

>So no one likes Lexus' current design language.
That's why they are selling like crazy right?

Design language that has the allure of a beautiful woman- not a soap bar and NOT a soap bar with angry headlights.

I think they're great. Plus, they had to. They got Hyundai copying them almost verbatim trying to undercut them, and they're trying to push forward past the last 20 years of being called boring. Also they've seemed to embrace the fact that they're an Asian brand.

I think it's working. There isn't a single new Lexus that you can get away with calling a "Japanese Mercedes" anymore.

>too autistic to one extreme
>now too autistic to the other extreme

>w-w-w-w-why does no one like our ugly trash??/??/??????????//??????

>looks like one of those humoristic Veeky Forums shops
>great design

I got zero problem w/ Lexus. I like about 90% of their designs.

t. Yasuo Kajino

the grill is retarded, not every car needs to look like but even the standard 2018 toyota look at least has some division between the top and the bottom of the car. Any direction but head-on is fugly.

There's also the overall over-complication but that's all over the industry in America so that can be tabled for later (german vehicles are way better in this regard)

Decent design would be my guess

they look good now

>so no one likes Lexus' current design language
Stop browsing Veeky Forums. People already ok with it now

They look dated. Cheapo.

Literally just fix the grille.

>y-you don't get it

>dysentery beige interior
nope.txt

I actually liked the older Lexus models. They are smooth and curvy things that look comfy and chill.
The new ones look like angry catfish, covered in folds, creases, and mystery vents/intakes like they're flabby fish cosplaying as fighter jets.
The new RX is by far the worst offender. The old one was just.... nice.

motortrend said the LC500 is the only car on the planet that can compete with a db9 in looks. and every review praises the styling.

it's only salty Veeky Forums bus riders that hate the styling and traumatized krauts

it is. reviewers agree. people who actually buy cars above 3k shitbox agree

It looks so happy/content/noticed by senpai.

Where is the stripped down Supra version powered by a turbo v8?

meh. the LC500 is 100% luxury coupe (best grand tourer ever, pretty much), there is nothing sporty about it besides the engine in higher revs ranges and the sublime styling. if they wanna make a Supra version it needs different gearing, different steering etc. and IIRC the supra wasn't exactly a lightweight car, so fixing above is more important than losing weight

>dysentery contrarian opinion

anyone that actually sat in the beige interior agrees it's top of the market from both quality and styling POV

>brown
>top quality
Is was awful in 1970. And it's still awful now.
Brown is not a colour that belongs on/in cars.

so?

i'd take a 2 tonne supra just to watch some nutters strip it and make a track car

whatever helps you stay contrarian m8
sure as long as you replace shit like brake by wire. like I said that's a full on luxury car. it just doesn't break down like a luxury car

>it just doesn't break down like a luxury car
Yeah based lexus

too good for this world

If only they made a 1500kg one cut down one with a basic interior

yeah bcuz the competition such basic interiors lmfao.

and they listen to people that buy cars not you crying about your e36 on Veeky Forums all day

tan/wine red leather are top tier choices in darker coloured cars you tasteless pleb

That is most definitely the ugliest car ever produced.

e36?

I love the LC500 tho

how does it feel to be objectively wrong

bad taste and no one agrees with you except your fellow bitter bus riders :3
good man

e36 seems to be the most highly recommended car among bus riders recently for some reason

>pay $100k to get this
the absolute state of rebadged, overpriced toyota

only during eurofag hour

they are slow shitty rustbuckets with crap aftermarket and laughable reliability.

Looks miles better than any Audi.

That's your opinion.
To me, it looks awful than Cadillac, which is worst than other luxury cars.

Don't worry friend. That's why this thread was created to change your mind.

>50k vs 100K
wew

Aston, is that you?

No, its just your engine and TomTom navigation system.

>c63 amg is 50k

lmao kraut shills

That grill looks like dogshit

Pay $250k get this

1999 Toyota was peak Toyota.

Nobody cares busrider.

It looks like it's crying

it looks better than . Nips are lazy as fuck. Bongs did make some effort.

>rebadged

What Toyota car was the LC based on?

Sure don't. That's why I've been waiting forever to upgrade from my 2007 IS350. 4IS probably won't happen until like 2020. Goddamnit.

I really hope that they keep a V6 option. Just give it more power already!!!

It doesn't matter to these sort of people. The simple fact that Toyota exists under Lexus triggers them. That's why they don't consider it a real luxury car like Mercedes and BMW.

Something that doesn't look like a 90s blob or overdesigned alien garbage.

VERY NICE PRIUS

Wow that's pretty impressive that they turned a FWD Prius into a RWD LC500.

Being a retard is an olympic sport to you, huh.

ahh it has been updated.
Still relevant.
you will see Prius parts in Lexus. This is why Lexus being cheap to repair.

Stay triggered nipshit lover

You: hey this sandwich is kinda bland
Cook: (pulls open your sandwich and shits into it, puts it back together and hands it to you)
You: What the fuck?
Cook: YOU SAID IT WAS BORING WHAT DO YOU WANT

>"Muh Prius Parts"
You know that's how parts binning works right? When a manufacturer takes components from other cars and shares them among their lineup? That shifter is used in more than just the prius.

>Toyota starts making all their cars as unibody platforms
>this idiot thinks this means they all share the same chassis

How is your GED coming along?

BMW uses Mini parts
Porsche and Audi use VW parts
Mercedes uses Smart parts
Cadillac and Buick use Chevy parts
Lincoln uses Ford parts
Infiniti uses Nissan parts
Acura uses Honda parts

...Are you that naive to really believe that Toyota is the only manufacturer in the world to make use of parts-binning?

It's just a young VAGfaggot trying to justify his own biases.

He's the same one that posts the fake exhaust tips of the LC in every thread as if VAG isn't the worst offender of fake exhaust tips.

>triggered over the mere fact such as LC uses TNGA, which is also used by Prius first
topkek
hi VAGhater. I don't care about VW shits. I just shit on the hype about LC.

Why it is ok for Lexus to have a fake exhaust while crucifing VAG to do the same thing? Cuz you are weeaboo?

>TNGA is one chassis.

wew lad.

They named that platform "TNGA" see Why you are so mad? kek

I don't think that it. People bitched about the old IS F having fake tips, but then everybody started doing it.

Read the article you posted, dummy. TNGA is a manufacturing strategy to produce unibody platforms. That doesn't mean that TNGA cars are riding on the same chassis.

This is why you don't have an executive job.

The SC is an amazing car, I bought this one last year from the guy who originally bought in 2003

Lol @ you
It is like saying MQB is a manufacturing strategy to produce unibody platforms. That doesn't mean that MQB cars are riding on the same chassis.

>This is why you don't have an executive job.
this is why he doesn't have any job

Jobs are for cucks.

Not quite, but close in concept.

MQB cars are all FWD/AWD transverse front-engine vehicles. In that sense, they are limited to what they can do.
Cars built under the TNGA have a broader range of what is possible.

I will always buy Lexus because I want a nice car that "just works", no bullshit. To me, that supersedes any styling shortcomings it may have when comparing to its German rivals.

>MQB cars are all FWD/AWD transverse front-engine vehicles. In that sense, they are limited to what they can do.
True, but they have other platforms, MSB (RWD/AWD + longitudinal engine), MEB (electric car platform) and more. FYI.

You're right desu, the hourglass shaped grill is ugly as fuck.

>So no one likes Lexus' current design language.
I hate Lexus with passion but the fact that it sells well prove your statement wrong

Fake news.

Yes, but there isn't a whole lot that is shared between say an MQB car and an MSB car or an MLB car and an MEB car (obviously because none exist yet). Similarly, Toyota's GA-L platform is vastly different from a GA-C car.

If you were to group all the VAG MLB/MQB/MHB/etc platforms under a single umbrella, you get the basic approximation of what the TNGA strategy is.

>What do you want?
An LS 430 with current tech. Nicest Lexus to this day, imo.
But now they put silly bull-horn knobs on the dash of the new LS along with a horrendous exterior design. wtf?

the predator grill looks good on sedans but it's way too aggro for suvs

>too aggro for SUVs
Fun fact: All SUVs look like dogshit. Same with crossovers.

and NA mx5s share interior door handles with Astons

But they are, from the firewall to the front axle is identical.
Name a single major component you can swap between an LS and a Prius.

He's a Turk from Germany, he's putting German cars on a pedestal because a) that's all he knows from talking to his low IQ ghetto Turk friends and b) his uncle used to clean the CEO's toilets at VW in Wolfsburg, so he's "part of the car industry"

For (((you)))

>How should we update the grille
>I dunno man here's a bag full of "L"s, just make a polygon out of em and we'll call it a day

>What do you want?
not a Lexus.

These are IS/altezzas

My big problem is their cars always look a little too bloated.

People are buying them in SPITE of disliking the appearance.

>best reliability and build quality of any brand
>rwd
>actually still offering big powerful naturally aspirated V8s
>sharpest steering in modern luxury
>super lush interior, lc500 in particular is practically at bentley levels

They're amazing cars. If they actually looked good on top of all this, the Germans would be fucking dead in the US outside of their performance divisions.

The M and B stands for Modulare Baukasten (Modular Matrix) with the third letter differentiating engine orientation.
It's directly analogous to TNGA.

everyone loves the looks except a few fags on Veeky Forums who hate on everthing