Cadillac world domination when?

Cadillac world domination when?

When they redo their brand wide styling again and try to be more American Excess rather than European Luxury.

I want a return of a supercharged V8 land yacht or twin turbo v6 wagon.

I want a fuckton of amenities, heated everything, power everything, heat the steering wheel, air condition the seats, magnetic suspension. Throw everything at them. Make the engines sing and the insides plush. Use them to pioneer new luxury technology. MAKE THEM BIG. Make them the flagships of GM MONEY.

>Cadillac world domination when?
When Lexus screws up, I.E. never.

If Cadillac wants to go after the international market they need to make some kind of ridiculous limited edition, super luxury car targeted at rock stars and arab princes. Something that they'll individually lose money on, but will elevate the badge with the global neoveu riche.

probably never again, since the mid 70s they have all seemed chintzy and more like something a pimp would drive than a classy high image luxury brand

Lincoln would achieve world domination before Cadillac

>American Excess
But Americans are broke...

It's the thought that counts

non-american here, Is Cadillac still considered a status symbol in the us? I get the feeling that even all the old executives and ceo's rather drive an S-class or 5 series.

too bad the new xt4 won't look anything like that when it comes out. I always was a cadillac fan but if their new crossovers will be as disgusting as the current xt5 all my respect to their company is gone

>a fucking cuckover

No, it's a nigger brand to put it bluntly

GM quality

Only Warren Buffet drives Cadillac's. He had one for over 10 years before Mary Barra convinced him to upgrade
Then again this is the guy the has a free McDonald's for life card but still uses coupons there

Yes and no.
It's considered a status symbol to working and some upper middle class crowds, but the actual wealthy don't really give a shit about them.
The problem is that the US big three are stuck on this idea of "attainable luxury" which is fine for the lower ends of the range, but they won't commit to the kind of ridiculous top range projects that most people will never afford but elevate the brand.
Cadillac in particular has a history of making these gorgeous, crazy concept luxury cars but they never put them into even limited production because the accountants' buttholes tighten up.
But even if you lose money on 200 super luxury cars, it makes them more desirable so you shift more lower range units with Tom the Regional Sub-Manager who wishes he was richer than he is.

Yes and no

Cadillac isn't a status symbol like BMW or Mercedes but new Cadillacs are seen as nice, they sell well here

It's a figure of speech here to equivalate Cadillac to something to show how high quality something is, ex. "This is the Cadillac of golf clubs"

Cadillac has zero prestige. An Escalade is a nice uber car, that's about it. Only boomers buy XTS's and Escalades; sophisticated rich people buy Audi and Tesla sedans and GLS Benzes

after they fire their fraudulent CEO Johan and move HQ back to Detroit

Not putting the 16 into production was a stupid mistake.

When Cadillac starts putting their concepts into production.

Civilian Beast

damn that's a thicc boi

Yuro here.

I get the appeal of muscle cars, Corvette, STRONG AND POWERFUL V8, old Caddies, that big fat conservative styling of the landbarges in the olden' days, yet the newish Cadillacs are so fucking ugly. I get they might be luxurious and shit, but they look as if they were designed for 16yo kid in 2008. When comparing CTS to Superb, you pay 10000 dollars more for a barebone Cadillac compared to a cheap executive Sedan with maxed out options. What you get more? 200hp of horsepower you aren't gonna ever use on a 2.0 engine. That translates to paying for a badge that doesn't carry any prestige now.

topkek look at its official Ad. Pure gold.

New Cadillac is basically a bunch of Audi and Merc guys GM hired to rebuild the brand.

They perform really really well and are reliable but this is only true of the most recent generation.

Before that they were on life support like the rest of GM.

Also in the 2000s Cadillac paid a bunch of jews to have rappers sing about Cadillacs and use them in music videos and the brand has never recovered from the association.

Its either driven by old guys or bought at 150k miles by a black fellow and never serviced.

Sad to see to be honest.

The new Cadillac are genuinely great cars finally but the brand is so damaged here.

Cadillac has been competing with Bmw and Mercedes in every since they redeisgned the CTS and introduced the ATS. Ats-v and cts-v are competitive in every way with their European rivals but the brand image problem remains. They're seen as nigger haulers and I'm not sure what it will take to overcome that stigma.

That's a 4500/5500 truck chassis with an armored limo built over it.

They need something like the Toyota Century.

a dignified car for owners that want to sit in the back and be driven. it never changes much. It isn't fast or slalom well. It just provides the ultimate in comfy luxury transportation.

They couldn't even beat Infiniti let alone Lexus

Not anymore.

If you ride in a, say, ean escalade, you kinda feel how pretentious the car is.

It drives like a truck and the interior, while comfortable (because shit cost like 100 grand new), looks tacky and all over the place

This, the new century reminds me of the Cadillac luxo barges of the 80s (Fleetwood, deville, brougham)

>They're seen as nigger haulers and I'm not sure what it will take to overcome that stigma.
you can't do it, otherwise, you will make the business suicide mistake.
Caddy needs niggers to survive.
see