youtube.com/watch?v=az_Vlgy5dbM
youtube.com/watch?v=EfDHULZZjpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eEi3PLeEARs
youtube.com/watch?v=6LAB4cZ2V3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ZskbKcVsJTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>understeer is more satisfying
no

RWD is the most satisfying at any conditions, piss off.

you just hafta git gud

Yup that's why they made the original NSX fwd.

Get good to avoid understeer faggot

These guys get it!

unless you own a BMC mini in japan which is highly unlikely. the correct answer is RWD

>>FWD is for hillcilmbs and thats about it.

Can we make FWD oversteer without pushing brakes or handbrake?

Flick and clutch kick

youtube.com/watch?v=U5RQQ-e4C1g

No. The clutch kick will send you understeer in into the trees, dumbass. The correct answer is flick and liftoff.

yeah, you can liftoff oversteer which upsets the rear end, but keeps the front relatively planted and prevents excessive understeer. it isn't as clean as it would be in RWD, but it's managable.

youtube.com/watch?v=aQ7m51S4M6Y

No, not this.
Is it possible to make a FWD car, that will oversteer by default, not understeer as normal FWD does?
Like make front of the car heavier, or less agressive gearing...

>implying that you can't attack the corners in a RWD anyway, and with less understeer
You don't have to drift just because you have a RWD

takes a lot of HP to do it then it more like torque steer.

FWD is great because you can balls to the fucking walls oversteer the fuck out of your car, and then correct it by giving it some gas.
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

both of those things actually make understeer worse. A FWD will not oversteer by default. It literally cannot. Oversteer comes about because the rear end is pushing the car around the corner and to the outside because rear wheels don't change angle.

You can make a FWD car with a multilink suspension that adjusts the toe of the wheel as the suspension actuates, but it will still understeer. You can give it rear wheel steering like on the old Honda Preludes and it won't understeer anywhere near as bad but it will still understeer. You can throw a FWD car into a corner so hard the back end steps out and the car slides sideways around it, but the instant you get back on the gas, what happens? Understeer.

i currently own a 2009 mazda 3 hatch a 1992 lexus sc400 and a 2008 evo x mr and rwd is hands down most fun

RWD is like dropping a piece of paper into a trash can.
Simple, elegant, easy.

FWD is like throwing a ball of paper against a wall, having it bounce off against the desk, hit the back rest of the chair, fall onto the assrest of the chair, roll off, fall onto the dog who gets startled and launches the ball of paper into the air, where it bounces off the wall, bounces off the side of the desk, and then falls into the trash bin.
Requires in depth knowledge, fine attention to detail, thorough calculation, non-noob levels of skill and coordination, and is highly and thoroughly satisfying.

>and then correct it
You mean artistically fine tune and adjust your oversteer.

That's a fairly apt description of cornering in a FWD. Most of the time it is possible to fuck up and you don't get the best run out of the corner, but when you nail it, holy shit it feels so good.

RWD is fun and rewarding even when you make small mistakes because it is rather intuitive.

my mk4 gti ceats all sorts of AWD on the uphill

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrIELSbhb0A

*more easy

this. often more times than not your entry speed might be a little too fast and it could also be a bad suspension setup as well.

yes it comes down to weight distribution and suspension design French and slav FF are good at this
the problem is that the car tends to rotate around its centre of mass and there is really no way to get it back

Not really. In a track setting maybe, but on roads like these, understeer is much more dangerous than oversteer.

>You can't hit corners hard in RWD/AWD
????
Unless you mean plowing through a barrier or something then yeah I guess.

MK2 clios have huge lift off oversteer if that's what you mean.
Alternatively just buy rwd it's better in every way

youtube.com/watch?v=HdloKntpa-4

ahahaha

yea drive a FiST that thing is more ass happy than a gay man

t. FiST owner

I can """drift""" around roundabouts all day just by leaving it in second and hitting the gas, I also incorporate the Scandinavian flick

but you will see the tree that kills you

>You don't have to drift just because you have a RWD
Why else would you toegay a RWD?

>FWD "drifting"
>it's actually sideways understeer

Every time

as opposed to sideways oversteer?

Yes. Sideways oversteer means the car does not change direction, it keeps on plowing down the road in its original direction, but with the ass end stepping out along the way. You won't spin out but you might hit something while sideways.

every time

I love this pic

Yes you can, but there's no reason you should because a car having oversteer constantly is always weaving about rather than go in a straight line, be it fwd or rwd. The simplest way to get oversteer on an fwd car is to put slippery tires in the back, or to add rear steering like those 4ws steering systems.

youtube.com/watch?v=OX9kW1bYrfI

youtube.com/watch?v=R-m1HRNxf-8

>that one wrong wheel drive apologist calling dragging locked rear wheels behind you drifting

>correcting oversteer vs car wanting to go straight through corner and accelarating through corner and trying to understeer while braking into corner
yeah sure sounds like fun
well at least FF is a safe beginning point for scrubs

because it feels better?
Because every other wheel drive is better than FWD for cornering?
Beacause every other wheel drive is better for braking and accelarating for and from corners
?
Maybe because only advantage FF has over other cars is weight and not even that nowardays?
Maybe because FF was made to cut costs and more interior space rather than driving pleasure and performance despite honda spending decades of engineering to make FF actually not shit for driving enjoyment and even then its just because the car is light and has good chassis?

such oversteer

youtube.com/watch?v=az_Vlgy5dbM

>be me
>touge running with some friends around 8-9 years ago.
>all FWD cars, mainly shitboxes.
>Drove a FIAT Punto, fren drove a FIAT 500, other friends with cars like Citroen AX, Honda Civics, whatever.
>All had lots of fun
>Car oversteers as hell
>Learned to control said oversteer. Be scared to understeer on an FWD.
>Afterward bought RWD. Still scared of understeer to this day.
>Been touge running on RWD for 6 years now
>FWD is still fun!

Everyone saying FWD isn't fun needs to learn to drive and/or get the car properly tuned instead of the ricer momma shitbox tune.

Pic related: Actual cars. I miss that car, and just looking at the photo brings manly tears of joy to my face, of all the memories passed. No competitions and no street cred, just fun with friends.

VW a shit go home Rocco

>You can throw a FWD car into a corner so hard the back end steps out and the car slides sideways around it, but the instant you get back on the gas, what happens? Understeer.
and with the arse-end trying to swap places with the front, a bit of understeer is what you want

fun as fuck when you do it right because nobody expects to see a grocery getter flying along completely sideways

i still miss my old peugeot 306, car was fun as fuck when it wasn't pulling some french bullshit and refusing to work

Sticky tires in front
Bald tires in back

That should work

>FWD
>hillcilmbs

no

>that Audee

That was some arab drift level bullshit there, except without the crashing.

Suspension mawds and wide sticky tires up front should do.

>He doesn't know how to powerslide

powerslide in FF is called understeer

>ITT their moms FF borrowing benchracers trying to justify their shitty econobox

>slav FF

????

post your car

>he doesn't know about torque vectoring, AKA break the inner front wheel.

FWD is for economy shit boxes and thats it.

It depends. A civic si is a definite match for the 86/brz but there is no fwd equivalent for a 911 or wrx sti in fun value. No, the FiST, the type r, the golf gti and a mazdaspeed3 do not count.

wrx sti is an understeering mess, there are plenty of fwd cars that outdo it. As for 911 fwd comparison, here's chris harris:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfDHULZZjpQ

Alright, I should have specified that when I said wrx sti, I just wanted to cover worse road/weather conditions. There's nothing quite like driving in heavy rain with good awd. My bad.

As far as the slow car fast thing goes, I feel that I'd like a car that's fun in the straights too, because only a small portion of my daily commute has places where superb handling matters.

Wait, I just realized this isn't the thread I wanted, just ignore me.

FWD is actually better on the downhill because of weight transfer over the front wheels but ok

Who needs drifting when FF allows for 90+% of the engine's power to go the front wheels, unlike RWD where less than three quarters go to the ground?

>fwd performance cars don`t exis-

>tougeing in a FWD is much more satisfying than a RWD
Guess how I know you are clueless?

You don't, no need to guess.

It's called 4 Wheel Drift.

>t. people who pull the handbrake in their fwd shitboxes occasionally and think oversteer in a fwd car is the same as oversteer in a rwd car

do us all a favor and kill yourselves. FWD cars were built for economy and to save costs. That is it. There isn't something magical that makes an inherently worse drivetrain any better than it actually is.

youtube.com/watch?v=eEi3PLeEARs
kys fag

Is that close to lagoa? There was a place I used to go that looked similar

I have no idea where that is, so no...

youtube.com/watch?v=6LAB4cZ2V3Y

Want to know how i know you're a poorfag. FWD is trash and for economy cars

I don't give much of a shit about the whole FWD vs RWD vs AWD bullshit but I can easily say muhdwifting!! is for little weeb children

Shittest "touge" I've ever seen....

>mfw Toyota made the GT4 for rally
>mfw they should have just used the base model FWD Celica because it would have been faster

Thanks OP I see the light now, great thread!

>being in denial
grow up busrider
Even FF drivers agree FF is worse than RWD for sports applicaton.

>ff is great
>because you can oversteer
>but get out of it before you went your panties with a bit of gas
you sound like a bitch ass lil pussy.
>t. MR driver

But MR is the same - you can get out of an oversteer with a bit of gas.

Are you poor?

MR will be veeeery different, depending on which car you consider. Some are heavy and nearly 50/50 weight distribution which are pretty tame. Some others will attempt to kill you.
Also a hard MR will do something no other car does... Which is flick the balance over the rear and snap from a controlled understeer situation to oversteer that can easily become out of control. Then, you'll shit your pants at best.

>t. Elise driver

>people who freak out over drivetrain layout as if you can't have fun in a well-designed car of any layout and a complete trash car of any layout will be a lot harder to have fun with
i know it's fun because shitposting is always fun, but c'mon y'all know better

they cant help it my dude their autism won't allow it they just parrot the same shit even though 40% of them ride the bus and 50% drive mommy's auto civic. The last 10% are actually out having fun.

Yeah but you can have fun even in a shit tier FR, where as you can't hardly have fun in shit tier FFs even if you're Colin McRae.

then you must be a really boring driver

> Never had a Seicento
youtube.com/watch?v=ZskbKcVsJTI

shit RWD > amazing FWD

Rewatching iD.. is Dagumi a Gary Stu?

>talking out his ass about something he knows nothing about

he said before lovingly stroking his learners permit

been driving for 6 years bud, try harder. Ive driven a shitty RWD (01 V6 Mustang) and i currently drive an amazing FWD (14 FiST) and in now way is that mustang anywhere near the FiST in terms of fun on winding roads, so once again you have no idea whatre talking about just another parrot

I've been driving for 11.

I've been driving for 500 years
Checkmate

yea fuckin got me, good match

That's pretty much the shittest video I've ever seen, stopped watching after about 45 secs.
If you were trying to prove some sort of point - you failed.

I took a Volt to a wide intersection and proceeded to turn the wheel full lock and mash the accelerator (ESC disabled, of course).

The rear end of the car managed to break loose, and it felt like a RWD car for a few revolutions.

How did that happen? Is it the electric drive? Some clever software programming?