/pg/ - Persona General

Previous: Still Sadayo Saturday

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle announced, will feature P4 cast: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/
>Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 Paid Live Stream Announced: personacentral.com/persona-super-live-p-sound-bomb-2017-paid-live-stream-announced-limited-persona-stalker-club-v-revival-august-2/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

She's mine /pg/

fox

Shogi

3 hours
prepare for disappointment

Obligatory Makoto post

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

Warning: canon

I love Ann.

More faces

Is this the VA thing? Is there a stream?

Ann faces pls

i don't think there's a stream

Where are my Pixie doujins?

>When Ryuji pops a boner Infront of Sae and Makoto

that's wonfes
Aniplex event is in 7 hours I believe and there is no livestream

Okay

I've already seen that Ann face.

I'm currently making one of those "perfect" Kaguya personas and getting MA, EN, nad AG up to 99.

I understand MA because of more damage with magic, and AG because higher accuracy with the attack, but why do I need to increase EN to 99 as well?

>When Ryuji calls you cute

She's going in

you don't, you can just use omni orb or put nulls on it

So that you are not a glass canon.

>When Ryuji asks for a handjob

Can't wait for Superior Nijima Sunday

>When Ryuji says no to sex

I hate summerfags

Oh right, got it. Sort of forgot everything EN did, but it's pretty much just the amount of damage you take right?

So I can settle with having EN be a little lower, say low-80s, and still be fine then?

>When Ryuji asks what you want for your birthday

Is this rape

>ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Is this a Jojo reference?

>Makotofags aren't the problem guys!
At least Annfags stopped their stupid image dumps. Oh wait, now it's Makotofagsand lord knows Mishima won't stop them

What would Makoto buy from Iwai if she were responsible for team shopping instead?

maktofags have always image dumped, this is nothing new

wow, she almost has a personality here

She would fall in love with iwai

I only did that one time

Great hair

Yeah, and they're also still annoying. They haven't stopped this whole time, you'd think they'd realise she's garbage.
Is Makoto the new Chie?
There's a lot of you

>At least Annfags stopped their stupid image dumps
I hate to tell you buddy but they still do, if you don't like just report it
how new?

>how new?
I didn't say Makotofags have only just started doing this. I'm poking fun that we keep hearing that Makotofags aren't cancer when they still are and always have been

*kills self

You people seem to have a very loose definition of "dumping" images

Exactly, I don't know where the artist got this impression from. If anything others, mostly Ryuji, are afraid of her for her strictness instead, not because she acts sinister.

Dude, the whole Persona series is biggest JoJo reference in existence

Here's an Ann image dump

Where Makotofags keep enticing each other to dump the same images of her over and over again because they have ADHD

They're just shitposting. They're here for nothing more than to pick a fight. People are probably coming back since the stream is soon. News brings pain, just as it always has.

Slow down.

and done. Hope you guys got some new Ann images

dude just stop, its a new thread and its gonna be a big night hopefully. Don't start shit over nothing

Why do you like Makoto? What's actually so good about her? Serious question

thanks for the images senpai

Why does it matter?

>150 file names

These pictures are old how new are you

>mfw this thread

Who cares?

She's literally perfect. It's why everyone calls her a Mary Sue.

>t. makotofag

I've done this way too many times to count. Buddy people have different tastes and your gonna have to accept it
yeah not looking good so far

I don't need to explain myself to shitposters.

I know what you mean...

Because I don't understand, and I wish to understand. That's what you do when you don't understand someone, you ask. We're here to discuss Persona, right? So tell me what you like about her character.
I get people have tastes, what makes you think I'm trying to be a dick?

She's a cute autistic girl with a hot sister

See this is how you respond
Looks like 4/5 Makotofags really are sensitive. I didn't want to assume that but you're not helping me come to any other conclusions.

Hifumi would be a great mother! Using her skills as a Shogi player she'll be able to handle a whole plethora of kids!

Cute girl, can I fuck it?

D-do I not exist

This explains most of it

If you pay enough

I want her to be a romance option in the inevitable P5 PC re-release.

so essentially she is the basic option

This really does cover the gist of it.

Yeah I remember this one.
Doesn't it explain why you might like her for superficial reasons? This image even points out she's not actually any "brains" of the PT. What she's got going for her is simply put, extra scenes and more attention.
My confusion is that she has these traits, yet other girls have their own. Why then is Makoto so popular? Are her combination of traits just magically a perfect blend?
Or is it just because she gets enough attention that the player is, well, in a way convinced to think she's the best girl. I can't think of a better way to explain it. I don't want to say tricked, but it kind of feels that way. It's almost like propaganda to like Makoto.
She's portrayed as just perfect, really. She has all the traits. She can be cute and shy, but also fierce and commanding. It doesn't really make the most sense to be honest. Her behaviours in the Kaneshiro arc are quite different from her behaviours in the rest of the game. Did no Makotofag find that jarring?

>people can't just like a character
>they can only like the character because they're "pushed"

I thought they called her that because any character you don't like is a Mary Sue

You can like Makoto. I want to know why so many people like her. She's really popular, there must be a reason. I doubt it's because she is a particularly stellar character, you know? She's just a Persona character. Barely enough development to warrant such popularity, even if she wanted it.
Mary Sue = generically perfect

This is nothing new. You only like Futaba because pandering. You only like Naoto because boobs. You only like Rise because slut. etc. etc. etc.

It's true, but she's also a real Mary Sue.

Exactly. These are Persona characters. So why is it that Makoto is the most popular with people by such a margin?
I really think it's the "pushing" factor. And that point, you have to wonder how many players like her for her character or because of how much she was "pushed" to you.

>Mary Sue = generically perfect
Not really. That's not where the term came from at all.

>She's just a Persona character. Barely enough development to warrant such popularity, even if she wanted it.
See, this is really weird for me. Because MOST games have really shit characterization and writing. Persona, even if you give it faults, is better than most. But even in games with little writing and characterization, characters can still be popular.

Sounds like Makoto is like a fusion between Chie and Mitsuru. One part the serious student council president with good grades who's also riding a motorcycle and one part a short haired brawl fighter who can act pretty gutsy when needed.

More like Naoto and Mitsuru, she has the revolver and Naoto's naivete, especially in romantic settings

Because people don't put nearly as much thought into it as you think they do. She's got a lot of scenes because she's introduced at a decent time in the game, she doesn't have any gratingly irritating personality flaws that would piss off players, and her strengths as given by the game are ones that are universally admired. No one really looks at this as being manipulative or whatever, they just take it at face value and what they see at face value looks pretty nice.

>Persona, even if you give it faults, is better than most
You must have really low standards or are just a blind fanboy. Fuck i'm pretty sure there's CoD campaigns out there better written than some Persona games.

I honestly think the pushing thing is crap. I played it, and I can remember a few scenes of Makoto getting that solo focus with Joker. But I also remember Futaba getting moments. They all do. And it's a small thing, in the length of the game. Like, she's not my favorite P5 girl by a long shot but I never felt bothered by it.

She's likely popular because people like her design, she's got the leather-clad biker look combined with a straight-forward beat-down fighting style and they liked her more serious attitude. Like, it doesn't have to be complex. Most people don't exactly write essays on what appeals to them about a girl. A lot of people play these games pretty casually.

>Fuck i'm pretty sure there's CoD campaigns out there better written than some Persona games.
See, now we're not even trying with our trolling. You could at least mention something like a Final Fantasy game or something. Maybe even a less popular one like XIII.

I want to start a family with Hifumi!

>Not really. That's not where the term came from at all.
Is that not what a Mary Sue is? I'm almost positive that a Mary Sue is a character who is perfect with no flaws. Particularly in a generic way. I.e. Perfect at sports, academics, excels at all they attempt. Mary Sues don't have the capacity not to be generic, because the nature of being perfect is so linear.
>But even in games with little writing and characterization, characters can still be popular.
Of course, but why Makoto in particular? There's always a reason.
>they just take it at face value and what they see at face value looks pretty nice
This is essentially what I'm suggesting. I am suggesting that players aren't thinking and essentially "default" to Makoto. Hell, I did. I didn't like any of them enough so I just did her. I didn't know why myself. When you do that, you get asked "Who do you like the most"? You say "Makoto". You talk about her more, more and more until you create a stronger feeling for her simply from there. I think this might be it honestly. People start off with "yes she's the best I guess" and gradually like her more for no reason other than familiarity in talking about her. But not familiarity with her, at least not her character. This isn't a catch-all of course. People could have solely discussed her character critically. But this is the internet. We're more likely to post about the cute or that one thing she did.

>No one really looks at this as being manipulative or whatever, they just take it at face value and what they see at face value looks pretty nice.
I always thought this was a weird train of logic. Like, do people watch movies and go "Wait, this scene was designed to make me like this character? Well fuck that, I hate them now."

Only if you give them all chuuni names.