You will never be young and driving around with your friends in the middle of the summer night again

>You will never be young and driving around with your friends in the middle of the summer night again

sure i can, once winter is over.

>driving with other people in your car

Yup, we all get past our teens eventually.
What you miss it the magic of the moment, not the activity.
And that magic is gone for ever.

This is how you can tell if somebody has been here for a long time or not. This man speaks the truth, he has been there and done that.

>tfw certain songs bring back this feeling
>tfw don't want to listen to those songs when doing mundane activities like work because I don't want to lose the association

>he's right

I know. It's even worse when you go off to college and don't come back for two years and by then everybody else has moved away

>will never go back to hanging out with my friends in the back of my silverado
>will never stop in the middle of a country road and floor it to see who hangs on
my truck had no tailgate btw

Alright you fucking dickweeds. I'm 24 years old and I just went barreling down countryside roads a few days ago in the snow with a girl I met a few weeks back at a bar. We went to town in the back of my crappy XJ out in a snowy field. Any of you saying the chance at youth was missed is derpy durr pants on head retarded or just lying to yourself because you're afraid to be young and dumb. I just went to dinner with my family for Christmas and my 52 year old aunt told me how her and a bunch of friends went jumping ATVs down at the lake drunk as fuck this summer.

You're just boring. Live a little.

I enjoy life now, I just miss the people and the experiences I knew

it's a lot more difficult when all your high school friends run off to the army or go to college or knock some girl up.

STOP

Just call your Bros and go have fun? I got a call last week out of the blue from one of my good friends from high school I haven't seen in a year invited me out to a parking lot where he showed me a bunch of McDonald's trays that he had stolen. We spent a good half an hour putting him under the rear tires of our front wheel drive cars and sliding around the parking lot in fresh snow. You can still have these fun moments stop being such a downer start creating your adventures instead of relying on other people to make them for you.

I'm 27 by the way.

Applies for the whole thread, really.

just kill yourself and start over, you'll just be born again.
Just cross your fingers you don't come back to life with a vagina (or do, if that's your thing).

Reread your post user. Are you trying to convince me it's difficult? Or are you trying to convince yourself it's nearly impossible?

>tfw turning 20 in about an hour
>tfw been very sick since 17
>tfw I think of everything I missed out on in those 3 years
>gone forever, can never get that time back

On the plus side, I've finally accepted that my project car which I'd probably never be able to drive anyways has completely beaten me and I cannot figure out how the fuck to fix it. This means I could kill myself without regretting leaving the car behind unfinished, because there's nothing left I can do for it.

>I cannot figure out how the fuck to fix it.
Have you tried asking?

Yes. Butt fuck it, why not one more time. Can't make this thread any worse.

Car is an 85 Volvo 245. B230F, naturally aspirated, fuel injected. Very rough idle, poor throttle response, very little power. Runs rich. Engine bay was a mess when I got it, hoses and shit disconnected everywhere, rotten wires, etc.

Checked for vacuum leaks many times, fixed several. Replaced main engine wiring harness with a new one. Done every electrical test the Bentley manual lists. Checked and adjusted timing via the marks on the pulleys, crankshaft sprocket, and distributor housing. Checked and adjusted valve lash. Fresh flame trap, clean oil separator. Tried three separate AMM's, two ignition ECU's, two FI ECU's, two fuel pressure regulators, another set of injectors, the list goes on. She's in much better shape now than when I got her, but still runs fucking terrible.

Thinking I'll try removing the cat to see if it makes any difference, maybe it's plugged up. After that, I've got nothing.

i did

just get better friends fag

It's running rich and rough idle/throttle response/low power. Geez, really scratching my head here... lmao. Looks like you know a lot but the simplest solution is often the best: if it's running rich, it needs more air or less fuel. Plain and simple. Check the cat but if you've replaced everything and it's running rich then the answer should be obvious... run her without the air filter or clean the air filter. Have you tried that? I'm a carb guy myself and don't have much experience with efi so maybe you can tweak mixtures somehow but I bet it's your filter.

I feel you fucking pain.
What injection is that?
I have a k-jet car that's doing just that and I've fucking done everything.
Runs 11:1 at idle and 15:1 at max boost.
Fucking killing me.

Has a clean K&N drop in filter in it. There's not much that can be done for mixture with these cars, it's handled by the computer and sensors. There's some adjustment on the air mass meters which I've played with, but it never made any difference.

LH-2.2. Don't know much about the K-jet FI, this is my first Volvo, so I'm afraid I probably won't be much help to you.

I know that later Porsche 928's have LH injection, you might want to try rennlist.

yall are some depressing losers lmao

O2 sensor MAF sensor or fuel pump relay are my bets

It's so bad that after sinking ~$2k into it trying to fix this I'm considering throwing it all away and going fully standalone.

>owning a car when you're a teenager
Is this what white privilege is?

I've tried brickboard and a few other Volvo-specific sites, still could never get it figured out.

O2 has been replaced. Volvo calls their MAFs AMMs, tried three of them. Tried two fuel pump relays as well, both bench tested good, no change.

It'd be one way to get there, but I'd be afraid of some underlying issue going unfixed, resulting in a still-fucked car.

Where are you sick user?
Maybe some neckbeard would come and try to help?

>be 17
>run into dad of a friend at local grocery
>mention I need a car
>he has a base saturn wagon with 220k miles on it he was going to scrap
>gives it to me for $60 because thats what the junkyard will give for it
thing is a POS but I still have it as a winter car

Jokes on you, I had no friends and never will.

>getting a car for cheap through friends and connections
So white privilege?

no, its being nice and agreeable to boomers privilege; if you walk and talk like them they give you shit. most boomer hate comes from people who were edgy fucks during their early adulthood

>never had friends
>never had a car until after high school
>still don't have any friends

have you replaced the wiring harness? the 80-87 ones are shit

So you were nice to some old guy and he just gave you a car? What the fuck?

he was gonna scrap it, and I needed a car. worked out great

>if you're white and agreeable to privilege like them they give you shit
wew lad

Lol sound like a joy but no thanks.

Yup. Also, yes. The old one was fucking disintegrated.

>live in rural Alaska town
>nearest city with a community is 3 hours away
>spend my days crab fishing and hunting
>home schooled
>never had friends besides sisters
You are my friends Veeky Forums
You are all I have

>being a shit skin

People who think this were never able to get to the next step in life so they glorify their past.

>not gutting your entire interior but the driver's seat to avoid other people even wanting to drive with you

>Drive NA miat with mazdaspeed seats and direzzas
Even if I didn't kick 90% of my friends to the curb after getting out of school, they wouldn't want a ride anyway.

who needs them

I'm 30, married and run my own business. I can't just go pickup sluts at a bar! Also i'm not whitetrash so my aunts at christmas talk about their vacation in Italy

>tfw I don't know mfw

>tfw young and dont have friends to drive with in the middle of the summer night

oh well what can you do

Don't think about missed past, that way you will miss everything in front of you too. Do not compare yourself to others in this time of social media highlights.

im your friend user dont worry

No, being young was not that fun

>mfw joined the Air Force reserves at age of 24 this year
>went to basic and tech school with a bunch of 18 y/o’s
>pretty chill for the most part, some grade on your nerves though
>mfw hang out with “the boys” on weekends in tech school
>pretty restricted so all we do is go to the mall, vape, drink, and ride around in samestatefag’s shitboxes
>basically late high school/early college all over again
>think to myself I’m actually having a lot of fun
>finally get back home last month
>depressed for a few days because miss my freundens
>go back to place of wageslavery
>woah, I’m being treated like an adult again
>go lift at gym with the Bros (bunch of middle age dudes that I talk bants with)
>get back in touch with 40y/o cougar I bang on the weekends
>buy the euro godmachine I’ve been wanting for a long time
>had my dick sucked twice now in new car by dumb roasties that think I’m going to make them a dependapotamus (lmao hell nah!)
>mfw life is better than ever
>tfw see Air Force buddies’ snap stories and almost feel sorry for them in a way
>mfw actually excited to turn 25 next month
Life is what you make of it brah, enjoy it to the fullest giving your situation and circumstances at that given moment in time. Perhaps being stripped of my privileges for several months made me appreciate how great my life truely was/still is; that, or it made me stop giving a fuck about the small stuff

Have you done compression and leakdown tests yet?

Thing about that is nobody knows if I'll ever get better. It's possible that there's a chance, but there's no way of knowing. So my future is not unlikely to just be more sickness until I die.

Compression test showed 130something psi in each cylinder. Don't have a leakdown test tool.

motherfucker be happy for the kid. he got himself car at a young age

This. The world seemed so big and unknown and so filled with opportunity. You didn't know anything about how the world worked, you just knew that you were gonna do great things when you got older. And before you know it, 30 years pass and you're still working a shitty job making a shitty salary with no family and no friends and your body is getting weaker and older and more broken by the day. It's not the activities that you miss, it's the joy and magic that being a young, strong man with the whole world at your mercy brings.

I didn't need these feels.

delet

kek

Sounding more and more like a flat cam from here. You'll have to look and see. Problem lobes are very obvious.

>chug a bottle of Robitussin with my friends
>drive to Walmart to pick up a trippy movie
>shit starts kicking in at the check-out line
>driving home is a fucking adventure

I will never again be 18 and stay up all night abusing cough medicine in some frumpy Mexican girl's house every weekend, and have her awkwardly try to make out with me when she determines that I'm drunk enough.

I get this too. Weird shit does it. Taylor swift, never listened to her at all but occasionally some old song of hers will come on at work and I get that feeling.

Reminds me of my gf at the time and shes always singing about dumb relationship shit.

In ancient Rome they had whats called a bulla. A little pendant you wore to protect your childhood. When you became a man you would take it off and put on toga virilis. The toga of manhood. Your parents would know when its time. Some boys were younger when they put it on some as late as 20.

Once it was on the fun and games were over and you bore the responsibilities of adulthood and political life and civic duty.

Today it seems like this happens later and later especially with the man child epidemic.

However, you will hit a point when you assume the toga virilis in your mind. You wont realize it but essentially all the fun shit you did is a kid will seem pointless and a bother despite you missing it.

Nothing sounds more pathetic to me than some 52 year old fat asses getting drunk and jumpnig ATVs.

It was pretty much a shame if you assumed the toga late and even worse if you put it on and were a drunk faggot like Antony

>Friday/Saturday night
>get invited to a random party out in the middle of nowhere
>driving down some sketchy backroad with terrible lighting
>friend is trying his best to navigate using the GPS on his shitty Droid phone (DROOOIID)
>I'm providing zero assistance as I'm consumed by the impending social anxiety of having to talk to a bunch of strangers and come across as a normal person within the next hour
>it will all be fine after I just down a couple beers...
>finally reach some semblance of civilization
>I-I-Is this the house, man?

I used to be such a shy kid :-P

I never even had that experience. Got my license and bought my car after I've gotten jaded and lost all my friends.

This is the worst, I never went to college and went straight into the workforce. I had a really close group of friends who all stayed and went to the local community college for 2 years but after that they all moved away at the same time and it was really hard honestly. If I didn't meet my gf around the same time and move in with her a year later i'd probably be dead right now.

Fuck I miss my '02 z71 my grandpa gave me

Why did I have to floor it into a river after mudding to wash it off and craving the block?

*Cracking

This kind of nostalgia requires that one had friends when they were younger

Fuck you, OP.

Go back to Tumblr you faggot

Dropped out at 12, no friends, first vehicle at 23.

>nobody I know even owns a vehicle worth more than $3000
>both parents have no vehicle
>I have a Corvette tho
>meet up with girls off Craigslist in my C5 vette
>fuck them
>never talk to them ever again because it was like pulling teeth getting their trashy irresponsible retarded low class-selves comfortable enough to meet after I'm the one compromising, then they act like they struck gold when they get picked up in my vette and I don't have a melted meth face

>not using negroid privilege..

Just do what they do and steal Honda's and mustangs for free ;D

So I'm confused..
Are you still in tech school?
Do you miss your 18yr old frands?
Are you happy to be out of school?

This story has confusing emotions

>mfw now I can go for a comfy winter drive with my wife and kid and sip some hot cocoa
>mfw I can still go on comfy cruises with my friends
Nigger, you make the magic happen yourself. You just forgot how. Good times aren't reserved for your youth.

I had friends?

>again