Apply for job

>apply for job
>"Dear user, thank you very much for applying to us. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding with your application any further. As we received a record number of applicants this year we apologize that feedback on your application cannot be provided.

I've applied to hundreds of places and still no luck. Even started cold calling directly to firms but they don't accept cold calls. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

Before anyone tells me to lower my expectations, yes I've tried that by applying for fast food and retailcuck jobs but they see me as too "overqualified" just because I have a university degree. If I remove my degree from my CV they ask me why I have an "employment gap" during my university years.

Like seriously WHAT THE FUCK Veeky Forums?? I just want to work hard and make a decent contribution to society, so why won't anyone hire me? But how do I do that if employers never tell me how to improve my application if they keep rejecting it?

At least you got a response.

I've been fired from 4 jobs after working there for barely any time after I thought I got along great with everyone.

Haven't worked in 9 months. Savings running out. Some of us weren't made to make it bro. Sad to say that's just how it is.

>so why won't anyone hire me?
because your uncle doesn't know the manager.

This is how most normies get their first job, not from applying to listings.

>mfw I hear the unemployment rate is 4.9 percent.

I got a job interview at aflac. Idk how to go about it

>mfw this is considered "full employment" by economists

>mfw this is considered "full employment" by economists
if we had infinite inflation theoretically we would have full employment

this is copypasta btw

also, has anyone here had to undertake a panel interview before? one of the grad jobs im applying for stated that it is the last activity a candidate does before getting a job offer

>a panel interview
>for a grad job, 60k starting

i feel like this is one big ruse

Learn to drive a forklift and apply to a warehouse, or look for work in construction sites.
You can be honest about your degree, I went to college but I won't be pursuing that career anymore. Easy

I did political sciences and ended up working in an airport as a cargo supervisor, for this job and he job before they both brought up my uni degree I told them straight, I went to college mainly for my family but I won't be pursuing that career anytime soon now I want a stable job and maybe move up in the company, I don't see myself doing politics sciences in the foreseeable future.

This picture. Note that you can also apply this to sex.

There will always be frictional and structural unemployment... to think that unemployment would be 0%, you'd have to have some kind of Poor Law or something similar where the government forces you to work.

Find a closed business.
Put it on your resume.
Have references be friends

"Yes this is Tyron and user was such a great employee."

Any questions?

Stalk the employees of a buisness, befriend them and then have them put in a good word for you when you put an app in

There you go you have a job. Just gotta know people. Nothing wrong with doing it in a completely sociopathic way in this competitive shitty econemy we live in.

Why not sleep with their mom? Forcing them to give you a job.

>when you couldn't get a job so you went to grad school
>now I'm even more unemployable due to "specialization" and "over qualification"

>apply to only a few places
>get 3 offers
>€32k starting

Pfffthahahaha you pathetic losers should just kys desu

I had to do three rounds of interviews for an entry level job that pays 45k a year
>Mfw I didn't get it

>32k
So.. minimum wage is impressive?

>Apply for loads of places like OP
>Rejection everywhere
>Rejected for burger flipping, packing fish in a factory, working in shops or order picking in a warehouse.
>Fuck it I guess I'll use my shit degree and do my teacher training
>1 year later
>Walk straight into a job as a teacher
>I'm considered good enough to teach the next generations but not to flip burgers

??

Burger flipping is much more important than you might think, especially if you live in Murica

>32k
>minimum wage
You can do just fine with 32k€/a year depending where you live. I honestly can't comprehend all these memesters here who say that they struggle with 70k$ or so a year.

I guess if you live in a third world Europe it could be pretty nice to have that kind of money. But I live in central London and I could hardly pay my rent with this money

Go to a job agency

No but the apply to offer ratio is.

this.

employment is a meme and only chads with 100s of friends will ever make it

Real unemployment is like 20%

Go to one of those shit temp agencies, when I was applying to grad schemes i went uploaded my cv to an agency tuesday, wednesday had an 'interview' which was just a chat and an assessment (the most fucking basic IT proficiency test I've ever seen, like wpm count and how to autofill formula in excel, they were amazed when i did it in the time i did so the competitions retarded), by thursday they had me a £7.50 temp job. Did that for a few months before getting grad accountancy job now, it helps because you can talk about your shit job during interviews for others

Probably higher than that.

>three rounds of interviews
>45k a year
That's just wasting everyone's time

shadowstats pegs it at about 24% in the US, with big variations based on your age group

bump

Exactly what I did, got me a 14/hr full time job. Don't expect to be able to use this to bluff your way into any job as a warning, the number of interviews I bombed due to technical questions I couldn't answer and the number of companies I'm surly blacklisted from now is astronomical, but it did work eventually.

>had a phone interview today
>have no idea how it went

How is this possible? How are phone interviews always so ambiguous

>Exactly what I did, got me a 14/hr full time job.

That's almost fucking nothing man. Not putting you down or anything, but it's pretty fucked up people have to jump through hoops like that just to get a decent pay.

Trust me, I know.

>they see me as too "overqualified" just because I have a university degree. If I remove my degree from my CV they ask me why I have an "employment gap" during my university years.

You need to lie you dumb fuck.

Just say you worked as bar staff at some bar in the next town over.

It is fucked up. The amount of people who have a position due to just flat out lying is astronomical.

>The amount of people who have a position due to just flat out lying is astronomical.

I really don't doubt it. It's retarded that you basically just have to lie your way into a job.

Lying is a good business skill to have.

You can't blame people though. Employers are simply looking for what's not there, which requires people to do the immoral. Cause' telling the truth will land you at minimum wage, temp position, and manual labor. Even though you know how to do xyz, but don't have the credentials to back yourself up or not the correct factors. Factors being low 20s, bachelors, and 20 years experience. It's quite sad and creates an imbalance. Yet it is what's happening. I personally don't give people shit for going that route of lying, as I completely understand that's what has to be done to pay the bills in today's economical environment.

Fuck off Friedman, there is no such thing as a 'natural rate' of unemplyment. Also I'm not out of work, I'm just trading leasure for a wage right?

This. And I'm not even Including the underemployed.

I once last year finally found a job only to be laid off after a day because they ran out of budget to hire people. Like MAYBE you should have checked that shit BEFORE you had a fucking job listing you assholes?

I can't say I blame them either. Employers know it's their market so they believe they can demand whatever shit they want.

At least they're not robbing people at gun point or something.

You spelt sales wrong

>Before anyone tells me to lower my expectations, yes I've tried that by applying for fast food and retailcuck jobs but they see me as too "overqualified" just because I have a university degree. If I remove my degree from my CV they ask me why I have an "employment gap" during my university years.

Just put something thats bankrupt or about to go bankrupt during those years. The world is a stage and we're all actors.

Depends on the country. In Italy the typical starting salary for an engineer is 25k €. Yeah, it's fucking unfair.

that was me. Two things: One, find a company that has what you want to do within it. Try to get a gig there anywhere, even lowest tier. Work your way into what you want from the inside. Two, life really is who you know. Network, user. Network.

thats why you go to grad school in a high demand field like statistics => infinite amount of jobs

>Applied for job on December 24th while on month overseas holiday
>Get email from workplace in January asking why I haven't answered a voicemail
>Oh fuck oh fuck
>Reply and explain I'm overseas, no phone
>They agree to a video conference interview
>They email after video interview asking for a face-to-face interview
>Oh fuck oh fuck
>I won't be back until early March
>They agree to 2nd interview also being a video conference
>Haven't heard anything in 3 weeks
>I tried to fish for some clues last week by emailing HR my flight itinerary, thanking them for their understanding and for facilitating my interviews and also said I'll be available for a face-to-face as soon as I land.
>Every day I wake up, check email until bed time...
>Nothing

>while on 3 month overseas holiday
*Edit

Well, Im going to be interning for free for an IT position. We will see how ti works out, Doubt many people applied to it, because it is for free, but it will look good on a resume.

>mfw only a few months away from completing my undergrad degree and having to look for a job
I'm already having panic attacks thinking about it. I'm a fucking sperg so obviously I'm going to perform shittily in interviews.

>make college a day care Marxist circlejerk that caters to women and non whites
>Make college practically free for non white males
>Import millions of brown people from every shitty country willing to work for peanuts
>Push feminism and make women think staying at home and raising children to be beneath them

>Wonder why a red blooded white guy can't find a decent paying job in his own country

>implying you're even going to get to the interview stage

you naive fool

My advise would be to move somewhere less competitive. I was having no luck finding a job in Baltimore after the housing crash (graduated in 2008) so I moved to alaska. There's a crazy shortage of white collar workers there and I found a job making 65k with no experience. Making over 100 now. The state is hiring like 15 accountants right now but only 30,000 people live in Juneau so they end up hiring people without any experience.