Do you think normies will ever realise that there's more to the car ownership experience than its 0-60mph time?

Do you think normies will ever realise that there's more to the car ownership experience than its 0-60mph time?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/5kq6XQK
imgur.com/anEmPEz
imgur.com/iCB98p5
imgur.com/qndRoGi
imgur.com/hTnaJQP
imgur.com/pE5CHhP
imgur.com/urkxVkA
teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2017/12/26/how-i-created-my-diy-clear-aero-wheel-covers/
youtube.com/watch?v=goTojvhwrdc&t=6s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Normies aren't even interested in 0-60, only chavs, care about that.

Maybe after they stop obsessing over infotainment

I quite disagree.

>before tesla was a thing
>dude why do you need a fast car when speed limits exist
>now that tesla is a thing
>dude my tesla SMOKES your slow as ICE shitbox

Based tesla btfo bench racers forever

its more an american thing as much of their racing is literally acceleration which overwhelms overs due to how many more there are
you can go on tuner forums or youtube vid about street racings comments and youll constantly see shit like
>fucking wannabes in their crappy cars, they come down to X and theyd get smoked
half their cars cant last long on a track due to burning tyres as theyre pig fat and overheating their engines within a lap or two

>your slow ICE shitbox

no normie talks like that

Sounds like a chav honestly.

you kids obviously don't remember the gtr vs 911 turbo shitfest

0-180 is where its at now

So this is what ICE cucks have to hold on to after all?

See wild tesla for first time today.
Shit yes baby, race me, RACE ME.
*My battery dies*

Honestly I'm amazed more people haven't killed themselves with Teslas yet. I don't think people realise the whole "more horsepower than a Mustang" thing when they're buying one.

they will only go fast if you want them to. Especially with the new chill mode you can turn on — it also increases non highway driving efficiency by 25% or so. Some people say it's helpful for those that get carsick too

I got to look at a Model 3 today in person.

AMA

here are the pictures I took.

>imgur.com/5kq6XQK
>imgur.com/anEmPEz
>imgur.com/iCB98p5
>imgur.com/qndRoGi
>imgur.com/hTnaJQP
>imgur.com/pE5CHhP
>imgur.com/urkxVkA

You're such a fag, stop being so ass mad

The front looks so soft I'd be tempted to jump in front of one in autopilot just to see the driver panic

this, do you think any tesla owners actually give a shit about performance

You're retarded, the week the Tesla Roadster thing was announced (the upcoming one, not the one that's like 10 years old), every nu-male on the planet was like "BTFO ICE CARS ARE IRRELEVANT NOW".

Honestly I can't wait until every dumb Kyle who can afford one of these who's never driven anything with more than 200BHP realises 0-150MPH in less than 10 seconds is a lot faster than he expected, this shit is going to kill so many people.

The MX-5 is considered successful so some do

they just eat up whatever elon musk says, not like they actually care about it, kind of like applefags bragging about the latest processor in their phones yet they dont know shit about it. normies probably wont be buying it since it requires a 50k down payment

Normies today tend to be fairly educated. I would be surprised if they are ONLY concerned with 0-60 on any car they buy.

>all this butthurt from btfo'd coalburning drumpftards

Yeah they care more about phone integration apps and having heaters for their balls than driving.

>Honestly I can't wait until every dumb Kyle who can afford one of these who's never driven anything with more than 200BHP realises 0-150MPH in less than 10 seconds is a lot faster than he expected, this shit is going to kill so many people.

>Elon Musk hypes his Roadster as the Fastest Car on the Planet™
>nu-males eat that shit up and preorder the fuck out of it
>first batch of Roadsters gets delivered
>nu-male decides to try out what the Fastest Car on the Planet™ feels like
>blasts past the speed limit in the blink of an eye
>loses control because "my Prius never went that fast"
>crashes, lithium batteries spontaneously combust
>lots of media coverage
>massive outrage about the Fastest Car on the Planet™ and by extension all other dangerously fast cars
>people call for stricter regulations on the operation of these dangerous machines
>ban_assault_cars.webm

>...
>Elon launches his all new Personal Transport Service, now with a 50% discount for the first 6 months to celebrate the complete takeover of self-driving cars

cummins great engine.

FUCK EVS

you have a reservation? I would if I had the dosh

>soys cant drive
>they dont even like driving
>so they're gonna buy a car with more acceleration than a top fuel dragster
this shit is gonna be funny, i can picture some soylent cro-magnon retard pressing the throttle more than 30% on wet ass pavement and flying off the side of a bridge

Honestly I think Tesla will do a lot of work with ESP, throttle mapping and diffs (I know they are just motors but they have to manage how the power gets to the ground somehow) to make these at least somewhat driveable for soyboys.

Even mid-2000s Porsche Turbos will spin all four wheels if you floor it below 60MPH, if the Roadster does the speeds they say it does it must have 1300BHP at the minimum, and a billion pounds feet of torque. Spinning all four wheels is extremely dangerous even for a skilled driver as you lose 90% of your ability to steer and the car is prone to just diving in random directions. If they just make it a flat 50/50 retard AWD system it'll literally be undrivable without electronic intervention stepping in every time there is slip.

You really, really don't want to take someone who isn't interested in cars and hand them a car that'll spin all four wheels at 100MPH.

>You really, really don't want to take someone who isn't interested in cars and hand them a car that'll spin all four wheels at 100MPH.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was all part of the plan to convince humanity that fast, human-operated cars are a huge danger to society and that they should be heavily regulated.

Elon's playing us all like a damn fiddle.

>tfw ICE lovers went from saying electric was shit past 60 mph to saying they're too dangerous

but you can only use what grip the tyres have, so best case the car puts down fuck all power

0-60 isnt even a useful speed metric anyway.

It isnt very indicative of a 1/4 mile time or road course times, and no one does a standing start WOT 0-60 in the course of normal daily driving.

it's great isn't it

I don't see it as a problem. Tesla is already preparing for that sort of issue with things like chill mode, which is already a standard feature in their cars

are you ok?

If you think the average Tesla owner buying a car that does 0-100MPH in 4.2 seconds isn't dangerous you're retarded. It's like giving a 15 year old kid the keys to your 1000cc bike and telling him to go take Stacey for a ride on it.

Also, electric is still shit and always will be.

I only care about size, price and fuel consumption.

>all this ICE cope

It can't be that shit if it makes you flip the argument in an entirely different direction to deflect from the performance

0-400-0 is where it's at now. Normies have taken to riding Koenigsegg's dick recently

>fairly educated
>ONLY concerned with 0-60

Wait until you've gone 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Driving a roller coaster is fun.

I'm not deflecting anything, the speed and acceleration a car is capable of is a long way down my list of considerations when buying a car. This is is the case for anyone who's actually interested in cars beyond what the numbers on the spec sheet say, i.e., anyone actually interested in cars and not the kind of person who comes to a car board to troll people who like cars. I'm simply saying that your average soyboy driving something that does the 1/4 mile in less than nine seconds is a bad idea.

For perspective, go to Google maps, find a stretch of road you're familiar with, measure out a quarter of a mile and ask yourself:

1. Could I handle a car capable of covering this distance from a standing start in sub-nine seconds?
2. Do I want to be doing 160MPH+ when I reach the end of said distance?

If the answer to either of those questions is yes, you're either 16 years old and think you're invincible, or were measuring using a stretch of highway. The average Joe can't control a 500BHP Mustang pulling away from a junction.

yes.

right now they are only making RWD long range model with glass roof and fake leather. all you get to pick is the color and wheels.

later(2019) they'll make AWD, short range, and metal roof models.

from what i've heard. not getting the aero wheels is a significant impact on the range.though the aero wheels are just a hub cap of sorts. that goes over some normal looking alloy wheels.

Found the toyotabaru/miata owner
I like them too, but saying that it's wrong for an electric car to be fast but not complaining about the likes of porsche is pretty bullshit

Why don't I see you running around talking shit about every car with over 200 hp in the other threads?

>Wait until you've gone 0-60 in under 2 seconds
I hear it's a whole lot different than doing it in 3 seconds.
Holy shit, will you jerkoffs listen to yourselves?

>be me in shitbox
>its raining
>pull up at red light next to tesla
>he looks directly in my eyes and starts playing an engine revving sound on his iphone
>light turns green
>both put our foot down
>i get superior traction because FWD
>15 seconds later as i hit 100kmh i look in my rearview
>just this huge cloud of water and smoke
>suddenly gains traction and hits a pole
who else devilish?

>tesla driver had bald tyres because he couldnt afford new ones

You're missing the point. The Tesla brand appeals to people who aren't interested in cars, it's the Apple of cars. Is Chris Harris going to stamp on the accelerator in a Tesla Roadster and kill himself seconds after getting a try in one? Unlikely. Is the above likely to happen to some soyboy who just bought Elon's latest and greatest not knowing what he's getting himself into? Quite possibly. It's a car that has more torque that God and that power is available the millisecond you push the throttle pedal to the floor. If you're a shitty driver you don't have very long to realise you've made a terrible mistake in flooring it without knowing what you're doing. This isn't like some retard buying a Lambo and flooring it, it's 2X as fast and the power is usable 100X faster.

I'm very much looking forward to the deaths, can't wait to see some 50KG human spread out over the windshield of a Tesla when I check bestgore in the future.

>he looks directly in my eyes and starts playing an engine revving sound on his iphone

early LEAF owners were making their tires bald quickly. just from them accelerating hard constantly on hard compound low rolling resistance tires. so nissan lowered the torque of later models so it wouldn't chew tires up.

looks like shit

i'm in an EV club. there are a lot of boomer and Gen X gear heads in it.

>i'm in an EV club
more like the AV club, amirite?

>fake leather
all Teslas are leather-free as of earlier this year

if you want to maximize range w/o having the aero caps (some people don't like how they look; I think they're fine) you can always do what this dude did teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2017/12/26/how-i-created-my-diy-clear-aero-wheel-covers/

>gear heads
>EV

I'd consider myself an EV gearhead
>makes sense since they have one gear jej

a couple of them in their misbegotten youth in the 70s and 80s were members of The Corvette Club.

but this is true. every tesla is faster then 90% of shitboxs and "performanc cars" like the gtr

why the fuck imgur? at least make an album, or just dump them here jesus fuck

>faster
"faster"
ftfy

because i didn't want to bother getting them from my phone to a PC, make them smaller than 4 megs, and then post them here. So up to imgur via baconreader and then linked to here.

and would that be?
memes?

speak english, please

>gtr vs 911 turbo shitfest
Don't fucking remind me. It has to be the most autistic vehicle rivalry to ever exist. Its probably part of why Nissan's Le Mans embarrassment was so funny

I've seen one in a Macy's parking lot recently, Its actually not bad looking up close

and *what would that be?
memes?
mea culpa

youtube.com/watch?v=goTojvhwrdc&t=6s

omfg, that mcmansion owning tard shouldn't be driving anything.

sport tires on a car with massive torque at 1 rpm is going. of course the tires are going to be eaten quickly and the car will fish tail.

S M A C K E D
M
A
C
K
E
D

This guy is shockingly retarded, selling a car because it has bald tyres. A 2.5 tonne RWD car with a lot of power ate through a set of rear tyres in 9 months? No fucking way?

I also don't believe he almost crashed it, he's just being a dramatic retard. Even ESP systems from 15-20 years ago will easily save you from crashing even if you're completely stone-dead retarded. I've been in cars with people who stamped on the accelerator in a RWD car doing 70MPH exiting a corner in the rain, the car slid sideways a couple of feet but it easily regained traction when the ESP kicked in, the whole ordeal was over in maybe half a second. They are near-perfect at applying the brakes in such a way that the car regains grip in a predictable way, there's no fucking way a modern car like a Tesla has a shitty ESP system. The car probably stepped like three inches to one side one time and he shit himself because he's never experienced oversteer before. People seriously underestimate the effectiveness of ESP, you only need to find a big open space and steer your car around like you were a retard dodging a deer at 100MPH to immediately trust it with your life, they are 1000x better at halting oversteer than any human can ever be. The only type of traction loss than ESP is no good in is if you have literally zero traction it the first place, so like if you were driving too fast and suddenly hit ice, or if you started hydroplaning, ESP will kick in and try to do its shit but it can't.

Also getting a fucking hotel because of an inch of snow? This shit has to be bait, he has to be the most sheltered guy on the planet. This is the kind of guy who will buy a Tesla Roadster and kill himself in it. This is why people should learn to drive in dogshit cars so they actually gain some perspective, this guy probably had a S-Class as his first car.

lives in Utah and is probably a California transplant.

Probably not.
I drove a couple different Model S cars, and the guy riding with me (he was trying to sell me on buying one) had zero idea how poor the cornering was. And this is someone who's ridden in a beast of a sports car.
The fact that it was electric pretty much eclipsed everything else, in his view.

it's a 20 foot car, with air suspension, that weights 5000 pounds, made by a new company. I wouldn't expect it to turn like a S Class AMG or a BMW 7.

>I wouldn't expect it to turn like a S Class AMG or a BMW 7.
I would, given what I hear on this board.
Rumor is, it's better than any gas powered car out there.

for a commuter/family car it is good.

>I'm an expert, I've been the passenger in many cars

I wouldn't deny that.
But I also wouldn't compare it to a sports car because it has a quick 0-60.
Something that constantly happens here.

Oh, I get it.
You're too stupid to tell whether a car corners well if you're the passenger?
That's ok. This board is for learning.

>too stupid to tell whether a car corners well if you're the passenger
sounds like Veeky Forums to me

You can't judge handling as a passenger. Sorry buddy :( Hopefully some day they let you drive the big boy cars and you can have a real opinion.

>You can't judge handling as a passenger

Let him keep going.
This is starting to get interesting.

>the instant samefag as soon as post timer expires
>no really I'm an expert because I sat in the passenger seat!

Now you're pathetic AND angry.
Doesn't look too good.

Now I just feel sorry for you man. At least learn to strip the fragments when you try to delete your samefag in MSpaint.

That took you forever.

MY FUCKING DICK

If the new roadster can do more than one lap of a ractrack without cutting power then I'll be convinced it's up there with the big boys.
The old man has a roadster and a model S and I've driven both at Laguna seca. The first lap was fun, but both were down to about 30% power by the end of the second one

>That took you forever.
To figure out you are samefagging? Took about 2 seconds for my suspicion, and 1 minute to confirm through jpg forensics. Not everyone spam refreshes threads hoping somebody will be impressed they rode around in a Model S 60. Sorry it didn't go the way you planned :(

>jpg forensics

there website states they will start doing AWD and short range in 2018. I know tesla is really behind, but i think the short range battery production will defiantly being in 2018. The real question is when and what is the performance model going to be.

i reserved day 1. my original delivery window was jan-march. now it is march-april.

holy shit they really are fucking behind. What model are you looking to get? I'm assuming you're not hitting the 3 check marks to get that December delivery.

well i'm not an employee, current/former tesla owner, or in a ZEV mandate state.

I really want a metal roof. rwd is fine. long range is a must.

i'm looking at the taxes right now. to decide if I get autopilot before or after purchase. it is only a 1000 more to get it later. through it might be worth it. If I can lower my Georgia taxes enough with a 5000 dollar lower price, and there is no sales tax on the software unlock.

so a) are you getting the premium package b)are you getting the enhanced auto pilot and c) are you getting that full autonomous tech?

yes, yes, eventually.

so a) are you taking it up the ass b) are you fapping to Elon during c) are you getting that full electric dick?

ok interesting. I know a lot of model 3 buyers were saying they weren't interested in the full auto tech because they figured by the time it would be legal, they would be on a new car by than. Whats your opinion?

as it is. it is ok for interstate travel. frankly i find going 2 hours at interstate speeds to be tedious. so letting the robot do it would avoid some fatigue.

if the car ever upgrades to true full autonomy. i'll consider it a happy bonus.

though the people that are driving a model 3 cross country and showed it today at my local store. they said the radar didn't see a truck in front of it while they were going 75 mph. so it is best to not trust the system and stop paying attention. the car also asks you to touch the wheel 3 times a minute.

see i like that tesla is forcing drivers to still pay attention with the driver every 20 secs.