Who exactly does this type of car appeal to?

Who exactly does this type of car appeal to?

What kind of person would look at this car and say: "Yes, this car doesn't make me want to fall asleep as I'm walking up to the door due to how dull it is, let alone at the wheel due to the interior's extremely boring design". I can understand that some people just want a car that will take them from A to B and absolutely nothing else, but fucking hell do people not have any sort of self-respect?

idiots who refuse to buy used cars basically. Can get a 2010+ civic/mazda3/etc for less money with

Costs peanuts to operate and fits in tight city environments.

that is unironically my favorite car. built like a brick and has a fun amount of pep without the useless features that bog down the prices of other cars.

you can also slap a turbo on that mother easy (the engine bay has enough space to just bolt one on)

Wondering this myself sometimes. I get it if you buy one of these shitboxes for 1k used because you don’t really have much to choose from. But imagine walking up to a toyota dealer with 12k in your pocket, and decide you want to spend it on one of these things brandnew...

i bought mine, 2011, for 7600 taxes in and out the door. now show me a civic or mazda in that year that can do that?

ywn find these for less than $3,000 anywhere

prove me wrong

but it's not $12k user, it's $199/mo for 72 months! That's basically the same as your TV bill for 500 different channels you never watch

>$199/month for 72 months =$14328

this is why you never finance through a stealershit

I've been noticing a lot of these cars showing up on the road these days, and had a look online to see what's up with them. You can get these cars for ~$1,000 or less in both automatic and manual. If I had the choice between this piece of shit Lancer or a 2011 Yaris like in the OP pic, I would go with the Lancer every single time because it doesn't make me want to blow my brains out every time I look at it.

You underestimate how much people don't care about cars.

If it's quiet, reliable and doesn't cost much to run then it's a good car for the majority of people.

A Yaris fits the bill nicely for those people.

You might not like it, but not everyone wants an enthusiast car that thrills and exites them at every moment.

>You can get these cars for ~$1,000 or less in both automatic and manual. If I had the choice between this piece of shit Lancer or a 2011 Yaris like in the OP pic

post proof that you can find a 2011 yaris for

I said that you can the Lancer's for ~$1000 or less, and that if I had the choice between being given for free a: $1000 Lancer or a >$7000 2011 Yaris I'd take the Lancer.

no accounting for taste i suppose. Everyone that drives a lancer here is some wannabe gangster white trash.

My friend was basically forced into one of these after he financed a new GTI and found out a few months later he couldn't afford it. Fucked his credit up real good at 19 years old.

my mom owns the yaris in OP's pic and its the shittiest car I've ever driven. I kept stalling it everytime ive driven it, and the fact that the speedometer is in the center of the dash gives me braincancer. I don't wan't to turn my head everytime i want to check how slow I'm going

more like:
>this is why poor people stay poor

they don't have any savings or patience to save up for a decent 5k car so they just decide to spend a chunk of their paycheck every month for the next 6 years on something that depreciate at the same time

Women. Women just flock towards it.
I don't understand why the Yaris and the Suzuki Swift are women magnets.
I also found out that it's mostly middle aged women that flock towards the Yaris.
The reasons are simple: it's cheap to buy, it's very good in the city, it's reliable, it's fuel efficient and looks cute.
Most women just enjoy looking and being driven in huge ass expensive cars, but most women are intimated by the bigger stuff when it comes to driving it themselves. So they go for a harmless little city car that will get them from home to work, to the school and to the grocery store. This is also another reason as to why the Mini is such a hit with the women, but that one appeals to the younger women which prefer a fashion accessory on wheels.

It's a brilliant car for women, and especially middle aged ones.

The speedometer is much better than the classic set-up, it just takes time to get used to. The ideea is that you can check out the speed without taking your eyes from the road.

>Suzuki Swift

99% of Swift drivers I see are girls aged 18-22. I don't get it, just how in the fuck is practically every single person who drives that car a female in that age bracket? Did Suzuki specifically market the car to that audience?

It's fine for her though, which was the point I was making.

As I said earlier, regular women prefer small, cute, harmless, simple city cars.
Young middle class girls drive Swifts
Young upper class girls drive Minis
Young poorfag girls drive whatever hand-me-down car they get.
Middle aged middle class women drive usually a Yaris or an Auris
Middle aged upper class women drive usually a Tiguan or something like that.
Old women usually drive a Panda or some other washing machine on wheels.

At least the Yaris still rocking in rally. Check mate lancerfag

I don't understand you people that ask questions like this or "why doesn't every car in the world come with a manual transmission????"

You have to get it through your head that a majority of people don't give a shit about cars beyond "hey this looks expensive and/or fast". Anything else would be preferring to get an Audi over a Chevy because they're more expensive and therefore "better".

Most people couldn't give two shits about their car beyond it getting them to where they want and need to go, preferably as cheap as possible. Not everyone is like us faggots that wan't to pretend we're race car drivers.

Think of it this way, there are people that are really into X sport and buy lots of X sport merch. If you're on this site (excluding /sp/ of course) you're probably not into sports all that much and couldn't care less about them. This is how most people feel about cars. They don't care, and there is LITERALLY nothing wrong with that.

It's funny that you say this. My dad has this car and it's basically a massive boring and bloated hatchback. It's 125mm wider and 400kg heavier than it was about 5 generations ago. This means it can't fit neatly in the European parking spaces that were designed many years ago and the fuel economy has to be kept somewhat alive with a retarded stop/start system, VVT-i and many electronics which make maintenance and the car itself more costly. Any stationwagon from 20 years ago has better visibily and manouverability than this """city""" car.

i have a 2007, i bought it for $5000 and some in 2011
it costs next to nothing to run, it's built like a tank, and basically nothing breaks down on it and i don't worry about it ever, dings and bumps and dirt don't bug me in the slightest

i think in the time i've had it i put on a new muffler and rebuilt the starter (which was my fault for starting it when i knew the battery was bad)

that being said it's also my winter beater and dirty work car

i have five other vehicles that are much nicer and more fun to drive (and more expensive, finicky and unreliable) but as a utility machine it's close to perfect

Fuckibg kill yourself

Ive got a 2 door hatch and yes its mainly cheap and reliable a-b, if i want fun i ride muh baiku

You know I hear people say this that girls like these small cute cars but most of the girls I know don't even want these, my sister wants a new Subaru Legacy and many other girls I know want a full size sedan or a truck/SUV but then again I do live in a more rural area

You dissing the Yaris?
I'll tell ya what, it's cheap as shit, fits 5 guys comfortably and so far it's the only Jap compact car I can fit comfortably in at 6'3"

>I kept stalling it everytime ive driven it
i think your just shit at driving if you cant NOT stall babys first car

The urban female is afraid of driving big ass tractors, because in Europe the parking spots are pretty tight. It's a nightmare to try to park an elephant such as an X5, an Range Rover, or an Q7 in an underground mall car park.

I know that in the US you can drive a big ass car because there is space for everybody, but in Europe space is tighter than a woman's tampon. So most women just go for small, cute, girly cars that will fit everywhere and that don't require much thought and calculations when it comes to parking. You can literally park an Yaris just about anywhere.

Every now and then I see the odd Dodge Ram and Hummer H2, but those things are just ridiculous. Don't fit on one lane, don't fit on one parking spot.

Have you ever sat in one?
>seating position is too high
>steering wheel is too low
>no feedback through the steering wheel
>length of the stick is too long so you don't have to lean over to change gears meaning the throw is way too long
also one can't fit it in their asshole
>brakes are basically an on/off switch
>interior made of packaging materials with 1000 cubby holes for women to put their tampons
>you need to look in the middle for any relevant information

It's made for 5 foot women that don't like the idea of driving and want something that is "cute". I like the engine, though.

I own one, am a 6 foot guy, and have not experienced any of the problems you stated.

honestly I'm pretty sure your just whiny.

Had one as a first car, it suited my purposes well. Had a couple of kids, and now I drive a highlander.

>implying 6 foot is tall for a guy

Have fun with your cheap girly car, shortpants

>I'm pretty sure your just whiny.
I am, but my points still stand. The worst has got to be the seating position. It's like you are driving a bus. It makes for unpleasant experience when you corner faster.

nice shitpost, here is your (you)

> It makes for unpleasant experience when you corner faster
i will give this to you, the seats could do with a little more bucket for cornering.

They like the Suzuki Swift because they like Taylor Swift.