I need some auto and personal finance help

I need some auto and personal finance help

A few years ago I put down a loan on a 2012 Civic LX. I paid 12.5k @ 14.99-10.99% APR (pay your bills kids) and now 3.5 years later I'm a grand upside-down but the car is starting to show its age after a few years of long distance traveling.

Pros. Great gas mileage, cheap insurance, stupid reliable, same Honda stuff

Cons. Really bad road noise, needs a few repairs (shocks, struts, air blower, new wheel, transmission makes a small whine too)

So I'm conflicted. Do I bite the bullet and buy a new car (I'd like to buy an Accord Coupe V6) or do I spend a few hundred dollars (~$320 for all the parts, I can do the work) put in some sound deadening, and keep it til the wheels fall off?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=467497152&zip=29621&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=29621&startYear=1981&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&incremental=all&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=ACCORD&makeCodeList=HONDA&transmissionCodes=MAN&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&maxPrice=20000&engineCodes=6CLDR&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=500&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&maxPrice=20000&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=ACCORD&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=500&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=ACCORD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would keep it till the wheels feel off. But I'm a tight bastard

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Take a couple weeks and swap out the shocks, install some sound deadening, fix the A/C, detail the whole thing, and consider it a job well done.

WHY ARE U FINANCING A CIVIC YOU FUCK.

Literally just get a 2006 civic for 3k and it will treat you the same way, why do you have to buy it new????

>2012 civic lx
>shocks, struts, air blower, new wheel, transmission makes a small whine too
How the fuck is it falling apart already?? My 2013 had 76k on it when I sold it to my dad and it was solid as a rock. Either you’re extremely tough on cars or just being a paranoid bitch.

To answer your question though, I say just pay it off and keep it. The civic is a much more solid platform than a v6 accord. V6 accords are putting down too much power for the transmission to handle, they have a tendency to blow up around 100k if not maintained properly. Also the accord’s 3.5 has a timing belt whereas the civic’s 1.8 has a chain. Keep the civic until something major starts to go out (IE transmission starts to slip) then dump it on some dumb kid on Craigslist

>he bought the worst year civic
hahahahah faggot. did you not read any reviews? it's shit.

Let's talk this out. I need a few numbers:

What do you make per year take-home pay?

What do you owe on the civic?

What is the civic worth?

Do you have other debts?

i put 100k on it in 3 years. driving 50 miles every day for work, to and from new york from south carolina, across the state, etc. Shocks/struts should be replaced every 100k miles anyways. but i'm sure you knew that. and if i got a v6 accord, i'd buy a 2017 with a stick

yeah i found that out later on... i wish i could get a 2013 model with the improved sound deadening without the chrome nonsense

$35k
$4.3k
$3k
A few grand in some loans

>$35k
>$4.3k
>$3k
>A few grand in some loans

Best move is definitely to pay the car off. Once it's paid off you can take what you were paying on the car and put that toward those loans. This will leave you with the most money. You'll be trading a new car smell for the smell of more money. Every year you hold onto that car is another year you can take what you were spending on the car note and spend it on other things

you think so? just pay the car off early and then bank the rest of the cash?

>upside down on a Civic
>5 years old and already falling apart (has to be neglect, Civics don't just fall apart)
>has a bunch of other debts to pay off
>makes fuck all
>wants to finance a new V6 Accord that can easily run $30k
This is a textbook example of how poor people stay poor

wait wait wait...shocks/struts/air blower does NOT mean it's falling apart, especially when it has 160k miles on it. and a V6 accord with a stick is $20k

this is a textbook example of talking out of your ass.

Really? Because a base model Accord coupe with a 4 banger starts at $24k. The V6 starts at $31k, and dealerships rarely have base models lying around anyways so have fun negotiating on a higher trim model

>I'm the talking out of my ass
>While he's upside down on a $3k Civic

No other options on this one. It's the cheapest V6 Accord coupe that you can buy brand new in America.

who buys cars new?

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=467497152&zip=29621&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=29621&startYear=1981&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&incremental=all&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=ACCORD&makeCodeList=HONDA&transmissionCodes=MAN&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&maxPrice=20000&engineCodes=6CLDR&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=500&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&maxPrice=20000&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=ACCORD&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=500&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=ACCORD

OP does
>Do I bite the bullet and buy a new car (I'd like to buy an Accord Coupe V6)

>financing a used car
Poor people, not even once

>OP does
>>Do I bite the bullet and buy a new car (I'd like to buy an Accord Coupe V6)

OP will be chronically poor then. I just bought the wife a 2015 exl v6 with only 10k miles for $21k. The car is practically brand new and $10k less than the base model he's thinking about. That's how you stay in debt, by buying shit you can't afford.

>14.99% interest on a car

what the fuck

>shocks needed to be replaced at 100k
>car has 160k on it
Sounds neglected to me

yes, your loan interest is extremely high

And on a fucking Civic,

Op stop being poor and get a 3k civic next time

homeboy was too strapped paying his 15% loan, no money for oil changes or airing tires

i am op, new as in new to me

i was in a tough spot, had nowhere else to go and figured it was better to get something that would be good in the long run. car runs, it's stupid cheap, and has needed nothing but oil changes and brake pads til now. no regrets

oh now you want to comment on the shocks

yes i know, it's now at 10.99% and it's cost me around 2500 in total interest

Honestly, I'm going to fix it up, and ride it out