Touhou general - /2hug/ - #30

Burning Down the Thread Edition
Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there
some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.org/retro-era-pc-98.html

>Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era engine games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou fangames (Unfinished)
pastebin.com/wGZuqr0q

DEMO LINKS:
Four seasons:
mega.nz/#!hIZTTapC!1A4MTSueiirqFTfLkMeSab3cd6B9b5s4uITU-DlUs2c

AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Touhou is a game, and a manga, and a book, and music, but not anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=duBfMAkoVQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Amanojacute

1st for Reisen best bunny

I want to surprise Marisa after a long day with a bowl of her favorite food and a bouquet of flowers.

A bowl full of mushrooms?

Is 2hu an anime?

A hatful!

Alright, let's calm down a bit.
Doing the next section of the Pastebin tonight. What genre should I cover?

RPGs.

Genius of Sapphieros is a good addition to that.

GoS is for sure a given for the RPG section, though I might need help with some more examples.
The only things that come to mind right now are GoS and PDP.

ded

Well, there's the whole "Touhoumon" romhacks mentioned last thread.

>12 / 6 / 6 / 6
Are we cursed?

It feels like kind of a waste to give spots to both PDP and the Touhoumon hacks, since PDP is pretty much superior in every aspect.
Pocket Wars was mentioned, so that's another one. I know there are more, but I can't think of any good ones right now aside from those.
Maybe I'll put in Touhou Mother as a dishonorable mention.

Yes.
Prepare to be haunted by a spooky ghost.

>PDP is pretty much superior in every aspect
Didnt you say that it was untranslated due to some Tumblr drama?

Why would you assume I said that?
The original is fully translated, the expansion is only partway translated. But even the original is better than pretty much any of the Touhoumon hacks in terms of quality and features.

>Would talk about PDP, but lol no translation for the newest expansion because the tumblr based team killed themselves with pointless drama over localization vs. translation and only had one person who could translate.
I tought you meant the whole thing but apparently is just the newest expansion, I should read things more carefully.

I love you Dai-chan user

I also love you Daiyoposter

don't forget Touhou Labyrinth 1/2

I'm going to play some 2hu mods in Civilization V because I'm bored. Help me decide which 6 2hu Civs are involved. 5 of those will be enemies, and one will be the one I play as.

First 6 replies decide it. please only nominate one option at a time. The options are as follows:

Alice
Aya
Byakuren
Cirno
Eirin
Hecatia
Kanako
Keine
Mamizou
Marisa
Miko
Mima
Nitori
Reimu
Remilia
Shinki
Shinmyoumaru
Suika
Utsuho
Yukari
Yumemi
Yuuka
Yuyuko

Thank you for your participation.

Marisa

K eine
Y ukari
S himyomaru
Yukari forreal

I guess I'll vote again because threads a little dead right now.
Cirno for Daiyouseifag.

Mima, because Mima.

Byakuren

In that case, Miko.

Faith Wars Never End.

Thank you again for your participation. Commencing game now.

I have chosen to play as Yukari. Should I keep you updated on how the game goes, or is that too offtopic?

Occasional updates would be nice, but don't update us on every little thing.

We have no meaningful discussion right now or anything to post so yeah.
Just dont post too constantly.

Got it. Never planned to go overboard with it anyway. I figure once or twice an Era should do, as well as whenever anything of significance occurs, like a nation gets wiped out.

Screenshots or nah?

Image slots are for using so feel free to post images

Image slots can be used but should be preserved to a degree, as they're limited in generals.

We don't have issues with running out of images

Last thread was the first time we've ever hit bump limit without running out of images far earlier.

Hatatas

How well can youkai and 2hu girls do against any kind of firepower in general?
I think the bullshit powerful like the gods or Yukari have not a big problem but mid power youkai like most stage 4 and possibly 5 can struggle against the kitchen gun.

Now that's just patently untrue. We've only really hit image limit before bump limit twice since I joined.

youtube.com/watch?v=duBfMAkoVQI
DAWN!

So you joined two threads ago?

I'll try to keep it in moderation. I still expect to get bitched at by folks who weren't here when this all kicked off, probably with some half-valid complaints that I won't be able to fully refute, but such is life.

stages != power levels
Also Sumireko has a 3D printed gun and has shot some 2hus

Don't respond to a meme.
Anyway, youkai are very much resistant to physical damage. It would take a powerful gun to even pierce them, most likely, and even then they can survive having their limbs torn off no problem, so firearms are for the most part not going to do much.

Welp, scratch that. Yukari (One of many civs that I acquired specifically for this farce) crashed my game upon trying to start the map. Ain't that a bitch?

I know for certain that Alice works,
though. Should I try replacing Yukari with her instead?

Just ignore them or get them angry, the latter option if you want people to bitch about it and name-call you.
I know but I really couldnt think of any specific 2hu that would fell to the might of the gun
Thats why I asked which could be killed by a gun, considering that there were some youkai killer in the human village and they pretty much used bows and swords I assume that a gun could do better damage.

Playing the 11th game now. What is wrong with all the damn cats?!

Fuck that, let's get some Hecatia action.

You'll find out in Stage 5

I'm sure a gun + magic from some legend would deal the same amount of damage to any youkai

Im not too fond of that but I like the idea. I hope Alice goes full psycopath.

>What is wrong with all the damn cats?!
It's just one cat over and over, actually.
Enjoy the most infamous stage 5 boss in the series, outside of CP and maybe Shou.

>Guns
>Legendary
nice try fuckboi, back to /k/.

In general, if you want to kill a youkai, you use magic or divine power.
Physical means just aren't that effective.

What about Nue?
They shot her with a fucking bow and arrow

And she's still alive.

Hourai was the fucking strong.

Ive heard japanese priest have a ritual sword that is ""holier"" than regular swords, could the same process be applied to a gun?

I would assume you'd need to apply the ritual to the bullets instead, which would just be impractical.

I think you can do rituals for things as bundles so you dont need to do the ritual for each bullet individually and even then it would be easier to attack a youkai from 200m than to run at him with your inferior strenght and expect to slash the youkai once.

Alright, Alice is working. Since she took Yukari's spot, she's our playable character.

Why doesn't Reimu just call the police?

She is the police.

Is she a good cop?

Kotohime just is not qualified to handle the shit she deals with.

Because she is the police and does a great job keeping the order of Gensokyo

Nope, nevermind. First meeting with another civ and it's down again.

Screw this, not worth the effort. Sorry for the time waster, everyone.

You could ask certain male character that wanted a quiet life in Gensokyo and dindunuffin wrong.

If your waifu didn't exist, who would be your number 1?

I was really excited to see it progress but gg
Probably Kaguya

If Marisa wasn't an option in EoSD, I guess Reimu would have been my first exposure to the world of Touhou. But I don't think I would have gotten as attached to her as I did Marisa.
Though, if Marisa didn't exist, I guess that player 2 might have been Mima?
No idea what I'd think of her if Marisa didn't exist, but I honestly can't see myself being too fond of her without Marisa being there as well.

>If Marisa wasn't an option in EoSD, I guess Reimu would have been my first exposure to the world of Touhou. But I don't think I would have gotten as attached to her as I did Marisa.
Ive seen some (myself included) when first playing get fooled by Marisa stats in EoSD since Reimu had like 4-5 stars in everything and marisa had like only one in one of those stats so of course in my first runs I went with Reimu only. Then I realized MarisaB was way better suited for me

I hope Dai-chan user notices me one day.

I would pick the best fox of course

It's weekend /2hug/

EoSF stats were weird.

This is cool. Shiki looks like she's going through her rebellion age.

What kind of outside world music would your favorite 2hu listen too?

Fuck Remilia

What is she, pregnant or something?

user look again

I have a thing for underage girls

oh it's that stupid rat Remilia's hat

Hey, quit being rude

That's a shame, I played through a game as Remilia not too long ago.
>tfw start in the mountains next to a bunch of lakes
The Scarlet Devil Mansion had fuck hueg borders, and going through the tradition tree made my already fast fairy workers even faster. I actually ran out of tiles to put shit on even when border growth was pretty much maxed out and everything was connected.

Well if we're talking about divine power, what's stopping someone from channeling divine power through said gun? Like some sort of devout priest with a blessed tanegashima?

no

I love you

This is your new boss

Is she a futa? This is important.

She has VERY BIG balls

BIGGER THAN user'S?!?!

I resign.

Sanae is a healthy girl

*bite*

How about we try something little different? What are we wearing

I always want to be a girl. School girl.