/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2592234299574870724/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)

Hooked Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FTiO-h5W1Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=aOgDyEeQDUM
deadbydaylight.com/manual/lore/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for survivorbulls
get fucked killercucks. no matter how many lies you have to tell yourselves about how you're running the show and are the ones keeping the game going, you're wrong, and will for the rest of the game's lifespan be second class citizens. meanwhile we survivorbulls just keep getting support and love from the devs, and it's gonna keep going like that.
me and my 3 boys all play blackshirt claudette, hack ourselves some purple toolboxes in, and go to town on you bitches every day. what are you gonna do about it? whine in this thread, the killercuck central hub of asspain for this game's community, and get reassurance from other cucked faggots that you're really good? hah, you do that, i'll keep winning and having the developers take my side.
would love to stay and chat but i've gotta go loop a chink wraith around a pallet, toodles.

Second for not all of us survivors are terrible ;_;

Does anyone know if Huntress' humming radius counts people on hooks as well or nah?

Her humming is seperate from terror radius, it extends from 45 meters. Her actual terror radius/heartbeat starts at 20.

A Y Y
J A Y

>184277252
>fostering a negative environment

What's everyone's favorite F13 kill? I particularly like the two-handed choke. So slow and brutal.

Just make the general /dbdg/ again. F13 has like 3 posters now at most.

you tell 'em dude

>people still play "shift grab and choke" simulator
el oh el

lol

I like the "Give up on the game, don't patch it ever again and go away with the kickstarter and steam sales money" kill for F13.

the resolution to that match

No, we know you're buttmad that people said mean things about game you like before, but you should probably learn to get over things.

@184278894
>Being so shit at the game that you still cry about shift grab

>being bad at juking

Hmm.

Sometimes i wonder if the frogs will ever do fantasy shit.. After all the entity takes everything, but all the killers are pretty realistic and they come from our world..
The entity universe is described as being between dream and reality
So it's possible that the entity do some fantasy..
i would really not like any fantasyshit in this game..

Sci-fi is okay, a Mechanical horror killer could be great

>Mechanical horror killer could be great
>Freddyfags descend upon the game and general

Request dbd/f13 memes. I need a project

Part 8's axe uppercut is my one true love, the dorky little struggle at the start of it's great and everything about the kill feels so well done, it sounds really hard and meaty when it lands and just looks mean as hell.

I am glad Friday the piece of shit has faded into irrelevancy now

Chad offering Jason $1000 to fuck off
Draw my robot already

@184280297
Nigga, that's like grade school tier, that's just embarrassing.

wait that was the wrong fucking webm

>That buggy ass charged swing and then zoop

Way more interesting than anything I've seen in F13

>This user being so boringly anal anguished over F13

At least have an interesting meltdown if you're gonna keep whining about it.

A smug Huntress pepo with the fingers on her chin while a bunch of black shirt claudes cry angrily.

Nurse being shit

Trapper in the "promotions" pose with NOED 3 floating in the air above his hands

That's not true, she just has a high skill curve unlike Jason.

I just played a match against the huntress, and when I was the last survivor she did this weird laugh and started humming differently. Did she always do that? It's new to me

there's a triple bp weekend in 7 days

>Nurse
>High skill curve at all

It takes like half a dozen matches and then you've got your internal rangefinder going if you're not garbage.

They should triple the BP in general.

Road to rank 20

Meg!

Old busted goods. We now have Tiffany.

Meg is a fucking whore.

All /assg/ girls are equally beautiful
Except Ace. Ace is best girl

Jenny!

>Calling me a busted whore
>LITERALLY LIKING A SLUT OVER HER
Son

Cute! Cute and useless!
Never said she was a whore, but she's old and busted.

>Tiffany
>The most used up of girls
>Not purest, best girl Deb

Deb is most certainly not pure. She has a filthy mind.

Nice head canon.

Dwight!

So the new survivor is Shane from the walking dead
youtu.be/FTiO-h5W1Ww

Did anyone else have their BT not work? Me and a David both had it, but it didn't trigger for any of us

No you idiot, it's the punisher

youtube.com/watch?v=aOgDyEeQDUM

As you deserve.

>Bayu Bayushki is about kids being warned not sleep on the edge of the bed or else a wolf will drag them away and eat them
Man the little details of this game are great. It's a shame that the devs are so spotty.

How hard would it be for them just to write a lore handbook?

deadbydaylight.com/manual/lore/

They're light years ahead of the f13 devs at least

One that isn't half-assed

Soap is my waifu

We're Gonna live forever is fucking amazing

With tier one if I escape while I saved like 2 ppl I get 30,000 bp

>Huntress starts humming her theme in a much slower and aggressive tone

What are your favorite custom combos you never see people wear?

I'm still like the only full tuxedo but with the hat and glasses Ace I've seen.

Yeah why does she do that?

>Feng
Bun + Lazer Bears Polo + Sweat Pants
>Laurie
Bloody Face + Cardigan + Mom jeans
>Meg
Sporty Bob + Letterman that's not actually a letterman + Sport Leggings

Picked up DBD, 10 hours played and so far not enjoying it despite people constantly telling me to keep going.

Play as killer exclusively. Constantly up against rank 1-5 survivors with full ultra rare perks. Even just one of them utterly changes the game. Is this intentional? Are the devs retarded? It's tremendously unfun being against someone with 500 hours played who can run circles around you because they know the maps, heroes, and meta far better than you possibly could.

Pizza Dwight. I miss when everyone would equip it just because one guy did. It's why I leveled Dwight to 25 in the first place

>Is this intentional? Are the devs retarded?

Yes to both, the devs have been ridiculously survivor-biased from the start and over time they stopped even pretending to not be. Killer perks have gotten nerfed over and over because they actually found solutions to cancerous survivor behavior (Machinegun Meyers) while problem survivor perks are mysteriously left alone despite being the most used by giant leaps in their own numbers. Recently they also changed how the matchmaking works so that if it's taking the survivor babies too long to find a match, it'll dump them on the first available person, which means since nobody wants to fuckin play killer at high ranks anymore, for some unforeseeable reason, they now get dumped on brand new killers even more often.

>Both slasher games are ran by retarded devs
>Both have horrible communities

I feel this genre is beyond salvation.

That's cutest Ace

Looks like Dwight is preparing for his date tonight with David :3

David's so fucking far in the closet, he'd probably be fond of Dwight

>I t-terrorize survivors, s-s-seriously!
I'm sure they're shakin in their boots

Damn, I was thinking the same thing too. He'd totally be the type to deny getting gay, but pop a little stiffy when one of the guys started healing him

F13 could have been our savior if it had any second support whatsoever. If the packanack patch also fixed Jason bugs and perk bugs the game wouldn't be hemorrhaging players.

The fuck am I meant to do then? I barely know the game and I'm against people with 500 hours who can do all sorts of bullshit to fuck with me. They have fully geared out guys with epic traits and I'm running around with nothing.

>Playing as Chad
>Part 9 Jason
>Spawn near boat
>Find propeller early on
>Put it on despite 2 fuck ups, it was early enough his morph wasn't gonna have a short cool down
>Start looking for gas
>Meet an AJ with a shotgun who helps me
>A Vanessa comes running with the gas
>I'm about to start negotiating, saying that I should get to leave since I put the propeller on, when AJ shotguns me
>Immediately come back as Tommy
>Run down, shotgun the AJ
>Put gas in and leave with Vanessa
That's actually the first time I've been betrayed like that. I've been shot by mistake, but that was the first time on purpose.

You're meant to exclusively play survivor and let the masochists play killer.

Honest question, why do survivors get so butthurt when I camp them? I'd rather get a guaranteed kill than none at all. It's also a legitimate tactic.

this whole thing of Killers are supposed to let survivors survive and not go for kills is why I'll never play DbD.

Because they honestly believe they're entitled to a free unhook

Either start working on mastering Nurse because she's the only true counter to survivor bullshit right now or play Billy and also get the mandatory perks to also combat their shit, like brutal strength.

>Why do survivors get so butthurt when I camp them?

Because they're entitled to every single possible chance to survive, obviously.

>borrowed times in your face

good

sounds like you'd be too much of a shitter to handle dbd

>I HAVE to get a 4k every single game as a killer in Dead by Daylight.

I honestly don't understand this mindset.

It's like saying you HAVE to always win in a multiplayer game.

Who has said this.

Or are you just trying to defend the jank ass balance or what.

Because staying two minutes being unable to do anything is pretty boring. But I mean this for cases where teammates aren't running laps around the hook and the generators aren't done when the killer is forced to stay. When I'm just just staring at the killer with 3 generators to go, no teammates around, and I haven't even done shit to this killer, that makes me want to leave to, but I'd rather just ensure my team leaves.

Also, my conspiracy theory is that BT not activating at the end of the matches wasn't a bug, it was intended to be there by the frogs they just didn't have the guts to take own up to it in front of the largely survivorbaby community, and wanted to test the waters. I actually liked that change, BT could still prevent matches from ending early but at the end it made the getting the gates more stressful and a mistake had consequences, and you had to be smart about saving. "Normal" BT just cucked killers that played nice.

Killers expect to kill all four survivors in every match. If they don't kill all four then they kick and scream that survivors are OP.

It's more that they didn't sign up to get teabagged at the exit and feel terrible at the end of the match when that one guy narrowly gets away and instead of taking the victory with grace, teabags or holds the match hostage.

You can't balance an asymmetrical game, period.

>If they don't kill all four then they kick and scream that survivors are OP

So it's the latter then, because that's a pretty poor strawman.

It would be hard to balance worse than the frogs.

It doesn't matter how you balance it, there's always going to be a good chunk of the playerbase who'll be upset.

Well unfortunately the game at this point has led to incentivize camping with the killer cube and guaranteeing kills rather than points.

This is the natural continuation of the "Runner" Meta, where survivors just run around and palette loop endlessly, because the killer has Whispers, Nurse's Calling, and other crutches to find survivors much easier.

It's a push and pull, at the moment the Killers is in a weak spot because they are forced to camp to secure kills because of the Victory Cube and the Runner Meta.

tl;dr
Each side sucks and it's impossible to balance without one side bitching.

I still don't understand the victory cube. It's so fucking hard to kill 2, let alone kill 2 and hook one at the higher ranks

>'handle'
more like the game sounds so meta'ed to the point where nobody can actually play the game and it's not even fun.

As long as there are rank 1 killers frogs will just point and say - "you see! it is possible, you just don't belong there" because their brains works like that, and that's how they answer almost every question

Survivors cried because it was too easy to rank up as killer because they could get so many points
Now they're crying because they're getting so hard camped.

This.

At least F13 adds a few consolation prizes when you "lose" the game like cool cinematic deaths, end game XP, and tommy. It gives them a little more freedom when it comes to balancing.

>Survivors cried because it was too easy to rank up as killer

survivors is the buzzword of the day. people complained about it being weird that you could double pip with disgraceful defeat and depip for merciless victory. the frogs just did their frog thing and made changes without understanding how their own game works at higher ranks

>It doesn't matter how you balance it

They don't at all though, that's a pretty good reason to be upset. I've only played survivor for a long time now, consistently rank 1 by this point and it's frankly fuckin gross how much the frogs grovel to twitchfags and their kind, the only time I feel threatened anymore in this game is against nurse and even then I can tell really quickly whether I should keep feeling threatened or laugh it off as an even easier win. Like you can be a survivor main and still be upset at what the game is right now, I have the full cancer loadout, I try playing meme builds, I play perkless, but they've so fundamentally skewed the game in favor of survivor that there's no tension anymore, the only times I really die ever are again, against nurse virtuosos or when I fuck up way too hard.

>At least F13 adds a few consolation prizes when you "lose" the game like cool cinematic deaths,
In theory. In practice most Jasons will use boring kills.