Automaker puts gas cap on the passenger's side, not the driver's side

>automaker puts gas cap on the passenger's side, not the driver's side

When 10 feet worth of walking are too much, you need to lose some pounds, buddy.

>Automaker puts gas cap at the back of the car

so whats the issue? dont have to open my door and have the wind slam it against a petrol pump if the fuel lid is on the other side

Why walk those extra feet if you amerifats could just grow a brain and put it on the correct side

Is there even a downside to putting it on the driver side?

>leaving your door open

it's easier to just move the steering wheel around that it is to have two separate exteriors. in a coutnry where they drive on the opposing side of the road, the gas cap is on the driver's side

But it's North America, they drive on the right like the majority of the world. Why do they of all people prioritize the passenger side? They don't sell for shit anywhere else.

Because people are not autistic and it doesn't matter for them.

Downsides? No. Money invested to soothe the autism of 5 people in total? Yes.

Who gives a shit moron?

Lifehack: To prevent looking like an asshat at the pump in a borrowed or rental car by parking on the wrong side, check the fuel gauge on the instrument panel. Most cars have a little arrow indicating which side the gas cap is on.

>automaker puts gas cap on the passenger's side, not the driver's side
That's actually convenient due to benefits of allowing the driver door to open into the open car aisle instead of into any objects next to the gas pump such as the station trash can or the column holding up the roof.

Aluminum tears easily if something snags it.

There are a great many exceptions to that rule.

Maybe lose weight if you have to slam your car door into the fuel pump to get out of the car.

This is the only reasonable explanation I've heard.

You could also just... look at the car... before getting into it.

That's a terrible argument and you should feel bad.

women were a mistake

You know full well you'll only remember it's a rental as you turn into the station.

>Automaker puts gas cap at the back of the car
That would prevent drive-off accidents where the driver forgot to remove the gas pump handle. If the cap is at the back of the car, the pump handle will naturally and easily pull free out of the hole. But when refilling is done at the sides of the car, the handle gets snagged due to the angle.

>automaker puts gas cap on the passenger's side
In the USA, cars drive on the right side of the road. That means most people turn right to enter the gas station that is typically on a corner. Having the gas cap on the right side therefore means the car has the shortest turn radius (least amount of turning) that is guaranteed to put the car in an aisle on ALL of the islands. Emphasis is on ALL. And of course, the advantages listed in also matter.

ever ran out of fuel and had to put a can in at the side of the road? think about doing that while dodging traffic.

She parks like 3 miles away, too, fuck.

isn't the little silver thing on the hose near the top of the pump a disconnector?

>expecting minimum wage shits to install anything properly

>disconnector
Yes, those are required by federal law for the station to buy and install on all gas pump hoses. Maybe the station got those from china. Or parts of the connector came from china and those parts under continual compression stress seized up. Or as someone said, they were installed improperly without any anti-seize compound.

I know they do work. At one Veeky Forums meet, our group of cars and motorcycles pulled up at a Shell station. One of the pumps was out of order. The pump handle and hose was pulled out of that strain relief silvery connector. I guess because gas was all over it the station didn't take the pump handle and hose inside the station storage room as the vapors wiould fill up the store. So there it was lying on the ground a snake with a pump handle head cut off. Someone took a picture of that.

that is just plain unsafe

>that is just plain unsafe
Why is that unsafe? There used to be very many cars that filled their tanks that way with the cap hidden behind the rear license plate. I don't recall ever reading about gas sloshing out when cars accelerated.

My parents had a Buick like this.
The craziest thing was, the (exposed) pipe went down at an angle for a few feet before it got to the tank.

>what are rear-end collisions

any car with the gas cap on the passenger side is communist

like mustangs?

Americans are Red, confirmed.

>expecting the minimum wage shits actually do work on the pumps and not trained technicians

Jesus Christ

Who fucking cares? I have cars with fillers on both sides. Occasionally I forget what I'm driving and screw up, but it's not like a mystery where the filler is.

>I have cars with fillers on both sides
Same here, and I used to just go to the side without the exhaust pipe, but my newer one is dual.

>Thinks the pump handle indicates where the cap is with every single car

Wait fuck nevermind I didn't see the giant FILLER DOOR lmao

Germans tend to put it on the passenger side.
As such that's what I feel is correct.
How ever my two cars that aren't German can be filled from either side, one in filled in the rear, the other has two filler caps.

Oh and my car with two fillers I tend to favor the cap on the driver's side of the car.
I just prefer removing the cap, but I'd rather fill on the right side.

Yes? Why is that unsafe? The fuel tank is in the exact same location as on every other car.

>not covering it with their thumb

Who said it was unsafe? I took it to mean that it will get all mangled up and damage something that doesn't need to be damaged in a fender bender.

Screen shotted for aspiring industrial designer.
Thank you

This will come in handy someday

I would panic if I had to refuel this without knowing about it.

Honda Prelude 5th Gen

:)

You didn't answer the question nigger

>
>>Automaker puts gas cap at the back of the car
>That would prevent drive-off accidents where the driver forgot to remove the gas pump handle. If the cap is at the back of the car, the pump handle will naturally and easily pull free out of the hole. But when refilling is done at the sides of the car, the handle gets snagged due to the angle.
> (OP)
>>automaker puts gas cap on the passenger's side
>In the USA, cars drive on the right side of the road. That means most people turn right to enter the gas station that is typically on a corner. Having the gas cap on the right side therefore means the car has the shortest turn radius (least amount of turning) that is guaranteed to put the car in an aisle on ALL of the islands. Emphasis is on ALL. And of course, the advantages listed in also matter.
Holy fuck

>In the USA, cars drive on the right side of the road. That means most people turn right to enter the gas station

new jersey isn't all of the usa dude, we make left turns pretty often

Even funnier when you know the hoses are long enough to reach the other side of that car.

>Dohh, i neeb too coo up and wait on lin becos pump need b on sam sid as cap.
The hoses are are long enough to reach both sides of the car you retard

>allowing the driver door to open into the open car aisle instead of into any objects next to the gas pump
I've driven a car with the filler cap on the drivers side for 11 years, and never once has this been a problem I have encountered.
Maybe you should get your eyes checked because your depth perception seems to be missing.

Also opening the door into the space where cars are moving is retarded compared to the tranquil safety of having a fuckhueg concrete/steel pillar in the way of anyone too busy phoneposting to notice running you over.

A4. The cap is on the drivers side.
I think you might be wrong.

shit designwork is inexcusable retard

>his fuel tank isn't a rusty steel tank in the boot under a piece of ply

>austfailure
>true Aussie patriot who drives and aussie ute with drivers side fuel cap
>disgusting, unpatriotic urbanite all buy shitty gook cuckboxes with passager fuel cap
>have to back out of fuel station cause I always end up facing some cuck box going the wrong way
I wish I could just ram the cunts with my bullbar desu

>"trained technicians"
>named Eduardo

>have to back out of fuel station cause I always end up facing some cuck box going the wrong way
This is why some gas stations require cars to enter every island from one direction. Both Costco and Sam's Club do things this way to improve the total number of customers served per hour.

You are a complete retard.
Shit design would be if the filler cap was on the underside of the vehicle or in the middle of the windscreen.

I said tend.
Every German car in my family and circle of friends has the filler on the right.
BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW, Audi.
Every single model I'm familiar with is on the right.
But I know there are some that come on the left.

But American cars in my opinion come on the left side, even though the OP thinks that American cars put it on the passenger side.
There is no rule, not by country, not by maker, not by anything.
The only American cars I'm familiar with, all Chrysler products, have the cap on the left side.

>Every single model I'm familiar with is on the right.
Every GM Chevrolet sedan I've driven or purchased since the 1980's had had the fuel cap on the starboard side of the car.

no. this is set up. just, nope. fuck that I don't believe it.

>Who fucking cares? I have cars with fillers on both sides. Occasionally I forget what I'm driving and screw up, but it's not like a mystery where the filler is.
>I have cars with fillers on both sides
...wait, these exist?

early jag xj6 have them

>Who said it was unsafe?
You fucking illiterate.

Gbody Lotus Esprit's had saddle tanks and fillers on both sides.
Right behind the windows on both sides.

congratulations. you can now use the side of the petrol pump that no one else uses and thus, don't have to queue.

why are you such a bitch?

the fuck is that? how am i, a normal, non boat-faggot person, supposed to know what the fuck that is?

my car is GM (though its a UK only car) and its on the drivers side

1995 Mustang
>gas cap on passenger side
2016 Mustang
>Gas cap on driver side
2016 Focus
>Gas cap on passenger side
1998 Explorer
>Gas cap on driver side

What the fuck Ford?

Starboard is the right side

the right is where mine is, but it is like that on nearly all uk cars since that is the drivers side

I used to have a 99 2500 GMC and it was on the left side.

>Europeans