Is the tatra 911 actually a good car or just clever marketing?

is the tatra 911 actually a good car or just clever marketing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_(company)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Targa?

Enjoyable as a convertible without looking like a fag and it's safer in a rollover. Chassis isn't as strong as a hardtop but not soggy noodle like a drop top. Good choice for a car enthusiast daily.

Porsche makes that, not tatra

Both Hitler and Porsche were influenced by the Tatras.[52] Hitler was a keen automotive enthusiast, and had ridden in Tatras during political tours of Czechoslovakia.[52] He had also dined numerous times with Ledwinka.[52] After one of these dinners Hitler remarked to Porsche, "This is the car for my roads".[52][67] From 1933 onwards, Ledwinka and Porsche met regularly to discuss their designs,[65] and Porsche admitted "Well, sometimes I looked over his shoulder and sometimes he looked over mine" while designing the Volkswagen.[52][67] The Tatra T97 of 1936 had a 1,749 cc, rear-located, rear-wheel drive, air-cooled four-cylinder boxer engine.[64] It cost 5,600 RM and accommodated five passengers[64] in its extensively streamlined four-door body, which provided luggage storage under the front bonnet and behind the rear seats. It also featured a similar central structural tunnel found in the Beetle.[65]

Just before the start of the Second World War, Tatra had ten legal claims filed against VW for infringement of patents.[65] Although Ferdinand Porsche was about to pay a settlement to Tatra, he was stopped by Hitler who said he would "solve his problem".[65] Tatra launched a lawsuit, but this was stopped when Germany invaded Czechoslovakia in 1938, resulting in the Tatra factory coming under Nazi administration in October 1938.[64] The T97, along with the T57, were ordered by Hitler to be removed from the Tatra display at the 1939 Berlin Autosalon[65] and Tatra was later directed to concentrate on heavy trucks and diesel engines, with all car models, except for the V8-engined Tatra T87, being discontinued.[64] The matter was re-opened after World War II and in 1965 Volkswagen paid Ringhoffer-Tatra 1,000,000 Deutsche Marks in an out of court settlement.

the 991 as a result is just a modern tatra v570

Porsche makes that, not Tatra.

I call bullshit. Sounds like moaning losing countries that want credit for shit they "might" have done if ebil Nazis didn't pack their shit.

damn u beettle fanboys. beetle = tatra end of story

Volkswagen makes that, not Tatra.

Then why didn't tarta make them?

>tfw no rear engine rwd 4 door sedan with 5 speed manual and a 4.4 V8

Tatra makes that, not Porsche.

350 swap

Chevy makes that, not Tatra

Can do!

That's a Ladra by 911.
The styling is by Tata.

This is a Tarda Carrera
It was styled by Emelio Esteves at Ferrareeee

>Emelio Esteves
he didn't style cars, it was his brother, Martin McSheen

they did

No, Martin Mcsheen was the famous nazi who escaped the jews on a BMW motorscooter back in WWI

god Tatra 911s are so fucking ugly

Volkswagen made that, not Tatra

Pretty sure it was the Korean War.
And it was Bim Labum that he ran from, straight into Mexico

Pretty sure it was Finno-Korean Hyper War

Didnt realize this was a ylyl thread
>i lost

>mfw I make a Finno-Korean HyperWar II mod for Starsector or Albion Prelude

>dissolved Finnish social skills
lol

Allahu Akbar!

What the fuck is a tatra

Russian vehicle manufacturer.
They were known for sticking fuckhuge aircooled v8s in the back of family sedans.
If you thought early 911s had a bad reputation of killing drivers, the Tatras did it a whole lot better.

I thought it was Hitler's idea

That actually sounds awesome. Dangerous, but awesome.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_(company)
After the 1938 invasion of Czechoslovakia by Nazi Germany, Tatras were kept in production, largely because Germans liked the cars. Many German officers died in car accidents caused by driving the heavy, rear-engined Tatras faster around corners than they could handle. At the time, as an anecdote, Tatra became known as the 'Czech Secret Weapon' for the scores of officers who died behind the wheel; at one point official orders were issued forbidding German officers from driving Tatras.[7][14]

Dude fuck off. However they may have started, the present 911s are totally different from the original ones.

wait a second the panamera is a rear engined car right?

CZECH, THEY'RE CZECH. Czechs are basically Germanic, and not retarded slavs. Lots of great inventions came from Czechia before it was impoverished by 40 years of Soviet red bloc rule.

>german car manufacturer
Makes sense.

>meme car that didn't get a chassis upgrade for over 40 years is a totally different thing guise

you sound polish

Nope, it's FR with optional AWD

Was that really necessary?

what was?

I think he means the second word war

Wow that shit pops up in the oddest of places sometimes.