What car should I buy if I just started watching initial d and want to learn how to drift? My budget is like 10k...

What car should I buy if I just started watching initial d and want to learn how to drift? My budget is like 10k. Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=zZTZJy9buzw
youtube.com/watch?v=BKIUlvqg_5g
youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI
tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/sprinter trueno/22040280/
tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/sprinter trueno/21125210/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just get a S-Chassis like everyone else.

get a sensible FWD econobox like every other normal person and stop fawning over nearly 40 year old kamikaze deathtraps

if you dont know how to wrench just get a bmw and assume the dealership ass raping position

I really want to go sideways though
You mean like the Nissan s13? I'm new to this board so I don't know much. Search yielded Nissan s13-15

10k should get you a 350z/g35, over 260hp and rwd, they're dropping in price while s chassis are getting hit by drift tax and guard rails. Or get a miata, less hp but lightweight and rwd.

Basically get something rwd and manual.

>You mean like the Nissan s13?

Yes

Miatas make for terrible drift cars, especially for a beginner.

>Miatas make for terrible drift cars, especially for a beginner.
how so?

short wheelbase

Short wheel base whips around easier so it's harder to control. You'll get used to it it's not the easiest to start with.

Overpriced garbage that had 10 previous owners that destroyed the engine and/or drifted it into a wall

Short wheelbase is bad for drifting
Same issue with the AE86 too

Honda Type R
Subaru WRX
Mitsu Gallant (If you could find one)

Pretty much what everyone else has been saying apart from . If you want a burger car you could get a mustang.

>Literally any of those
>good for a beginner drifter

i was about to post this exact thread budget and everything

first i would buy a racing wheel and assetto corsa before you buy a car to see if you actually like drifting and not just how it is portrayed in initial d

90s-00 mustangs are looking more appealing for starter drift cars every day you wont get that jdm look like most initial d fans want but they will get you sideways

Fuck off Alphonse

>you wont get that jdm look like most initial d fans want

Dunno about that

Foxbody with a mini spool, headers, flares, steering knuckle mod. Short shifter makes life a little easier

Something v8 with a live axle and LSD, easier to learn with a linear high torque delivery and low grip threshold than with a short wheelbase, low power, high grip platform.

>S-Chassis
OP wants a car, not a unicorn.

Jesus christ is Alphonse still shitposting? Still remembering all the ones he did meming the chevy SS.

The SN95s are the most "import-looking" mustang of the lot though.
The Foxbody of the early 90s can kinda sorta has that import look but probably due to the fact all the cars looked like wedge boxes at that point in time

EH2

Is it bad that I like this?

a hi-point

Isn't that a shitty gun? Or is the joke that I should kill myself?

its a troglidite from /k/ that clicked on the wrong board

i replied to the wrong post fug

if your in the US get a crown victoria or ex cop car, rwd v8, strip interior go ham.

will be cheap and ideal plus no Jap dori tax

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=zZTZJy9buzw

>automatic

just get any rwd v8 saloon then, easy to make power on a v8 and plenty of shitboxes around you can spin the wheels with (plus parts easy to come by)

3 series

youtube.com/watch?v=BKIUlvqg_5g

Is it even possible to make a Crown Vic manual?

>learn how to drift
>budget is 10k

learn how to drift in a rwd shitbox and then spend that 10k once you know you wont crash it (and you will)

Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S, 90's Mustang GT if you're not gonna daily it, or the BMW 3 series.
Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that aren't insanely rare and/or expensive.

Foxbodies have appreciated sky high thanks to boomer meme status

Coyote swap

hahah i thought the same thing, its the perfect formula for cancer but strangely it kind of pulls it off.

before you need a beginner drift car you need a beginner car to learn the basics of manual and the basics of how not to slam into walls

anythings possible with enough $ never ask if x is possible again

lexus is300 (not the 200) would be good as a DD, nothing much goes wrong with them and interior is noice (unless you are over 6ft tall or intend to wear a helmet)

we didnt get the 200 in the US.

You have 3 options:
>Nissan S chassis
>BMW 3 series
>Ford Mustang
Considering you want to LARP as dagumi, you'll probably want the Nissan, since it's jay dee em

I've got an IS300, great car but not great for drifting stock, you'll need to throw away money to get an IS300 to drift well

Nah, you should buy one no matter the car you get because there are a lot of niggers into drifting.

Inb4 >/pol/
Hello Alphonose

this.

>I just started watching initial d

stop watching initial d, watch Drift Bible instead

youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI

as well as Hot Version/Best Motoring vids, which can be found on Amazon Prime

>buy the cleanest most stock 240sx you can find for $4k-$5.5k.
>buy a Kaaz 1.5 or 2 way LSD
>get Z32 brakes/5 lug swap
>proper coilovers (no garbage chinese chit)

>i know nothing about cars and want to wrap myself around a tree with an overpriced soyboy meme car
get a miata and stop being a boyracer

You don't.

3k EG Civic. 7k of duct tape.

What is this?

$150 on used G27 and pedals+shifter
$30 on assetto corsa

>FWD
>AWD
>FWD
Literally anything but this

Just fucking do it OP

tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/sprinter trueno/21125210/

Sure, they're not the hatchback, but it'll do

>posted the same link twice
Fuck

How do you not know what a Mustang is?

You could get an actual AE86 for that and spend the remaining $1-3k on track days and lessons if you wanna be a hardcore meme boy.

>Alphonose
Quit trying to fit in, /pol/.

Did nobody say Foxbody??

Dude, get a shitty Foxbody with a 302 and skinny rear tires. Cheap to fix, cheap to add power, and they're fuckin everywhere.

Channel your inner Vaughn Gitten Jr. Buy Foxbody hatch, paint like Initial D, deliver burgers instead of Tofu.

Pic related, Matt Farah's Foxbody that gets my dick hard.

Buy a gun and kill yourself

ricer pls

Yes but which one

This is the only answer

Lol rice?

You're kidding, right? Go watch Farah's Hoonigan DT on this car. It's got a cage, 5-point harnesses, and a crate 5.0 that makes 320hp naturally.

The fender flares are to cover the wide ass wheels. No rice here, bitch. It's only for function.

That looks like shit, if you have to get a Mustang get at least a SN-95 since it's better in every way and can easily be found for less than a Fox.

get an old rx-7 and ls swap it.

Although big slides in fwd is fun I doubt this is what op had in mind.

If you change the computers to make the auto gearbox shift higher auto isn't that bad.

I got my fox in pretty damn good condition for $2k. You just have to be patient.

Get any 6cyl 3 series beamer, make sure it's manual or at least has paddle shifts. Done.

sn95 GT series

Thanks for the spoonfeed, I'm off to buy a car.

Any running manual RWD shitbox, as cheap as you can find, because you're going to destroy it.

>
>RWD and manual
This user is right, except make sure whatever you buy has a Limited Slip Differential as well.

>Automatic
>No LSD

Buy a 3rd or 4th gen mustang. They're dirt cheap. Then you can dump your money into the suspension.

E30 is way too pricey these days
E36 can be found for dirt cheap though, get one of those and leave E30s the fuck alone

It is a true shame that E30 has drift tax now

There are dozens near my house for 2000-3000

I think you aren't looking very hard desu

These are car lot cars too not just Craigslist shitposts

For that price you can find an sn95 tho