/wowsg/ - World of Warships General

too retarded to make a general in time edition
****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed)

>Dunkirk Event
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/the-prestigious-memento-rises/

>Gallant Premium
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/gallant-gadot/

>0.6.8 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-adams/

>Smoke changes NOT HAPPENING
thedailybounce.net/2017/07/25/world-of-warships-supertest-0-6-9-info-3/

>Ranked Live!
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/crank-up-your-rank-up/

>0.6.9 YAMAMOTO CAMPAIGN
sea-group.org/?p=3326&lang=en
sea-group.org/?p=3216&lang=en

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker (warships.today is RIP, press F to pay respects)
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Luger_chan
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benis
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

How is cruiser firing from stealth from 2500m? They had no destroyers and Iam tier 3 if this matters.

0th for all IJN lines are shit

Rude, they are fine.

>worst DDs
>worst BBs
>worst cruisers
>>playing CVs

What happened to the sore autistic paranoid loser from Reddit with multiple WoWs accounts?

Haruna_Kai_Ni? He's always been here because he no other community can tolerate him.

Ya that's the one. Is he still grinding tiers for money? I'm desperate to play Des Moines but I don't want to grind the Pepsicola. I'll pay a nice sum.

Good morning /wowsg/!

He's a stereotypical baBBie so it's not a good idea and Pensacola received massive buffs since OBT.

!!!!

HOW HOOD EU

Any way to view captain's special skills? Should I kick John Dickinson I got with tier 2 Smith?

What is the meaning of this?

Is the North Carolina the comfiest T8?
>great guns with amazing dispersion and shell velocity
>reliable, solid belt armour
>decent speed
>regularly get to be top tier

I dare say this is the first bote that hasn't ever felt like a chore to sail

>tier 8
It's worse than tier 5 these days.

its pretty comfy, but I think Alabama is better

Comfy boats is one thing, but the real question is...

who is the Comfiest Wowsg?

Definitely not Mosh.

Why do I even bother playing IJN CA's

this isn't even bias american carriers are simply fucking OP

>this isn't even bias american carriers are simply fucking OP
The fuck are you smoking?

Best CA's tier-for-tier. Best BB's tier-for-tier except 8 and 10, best CV's at every their except 7 and only because of Saipan, and IJN DD's are empirically *fine,* just not the Over Powered, guaranteed 1 shot kills every match they used to be.

What's so OP about american carriers?

>talks about IJN CAs
>matches them with USN CVs
???????
Also KM CAs are the current FOTM, all other lines are shit.
>ijn has no armor, range, turret traverse is shit, reload times are atrocious
>usn has orbital shells and lacks range
>>french
>bongs going to be nerfed to shit, also >not shooting at smoked up cruisers
>VMF doesnt git gud until Moskva

le AP bombs

What's wrong with frog cruisers?

>best CAs tier-for-tier
>laughing_hindenburgs_roons_and_hippers.png
>liberating_moskvas_chapayevs_kirovs_and__budyonnys.stalin
>best BB's tier-for-tier except 8 and 10
>laughing_iowas.gif
>heiling_kürfursts.webm
>torpedoing_gneisenaus.jpg
>beer_drinking_bayerns.bmv

>tfw lose six games in a row as Missouri but place first in every single one
>finally get a win when I played like shit and only got 56k damage and end up somewhere near the bottom of the scoreboard

Only common denominator, am I right?

>>great guns with amazing dispersion and shell velocity

By both primary numbers, dispersion and sigma, they are the *least* accurate of the T8's *and* has the lowest AP velocity at tier.

>reliable, solid belt armour
Thinnest Belt at tier.

>decent speed
Slowest at Tier

Do you even play T8?

Literally wrong on every count. I scares me that people as retarded as you may be on my team at times.

le 240mm guns

I guess I'll have to rely on re-skin mods because WG is too much of a pussy to put nazi signs in their game.

>slowest at tier
he said decent, not fastest
>least accurate T8
t. sniping Bisko pr0
>inb4 muh max range dispersion
She has the most fucking range of all t8 BBs, of course she will have the worst max range dispersion.

So you suck at everything? Zao is still the most OP T10 CA. Hindy can't touch it especially with it's atrocious detectability. Moskva is okay but it's detectability holds it back too.
Iowa can't hold a candle to the Izumo. Izumo is like the Baltimore, woefully underestimated in it's sheer power.
Kurfurst is the T10 and I said, *other* than T8 and T10.
Gneisenau can't hold a candle to the Nagato, least of which is the Gneisneau has the worst armor of the T7's: just thick enough to prevent outright citadels but allow normal pens on every shot, not thick enough to cause bounces. Getting 15k salvos on average on a Gneis is easy.
Beayern better than a Fuso? WTF are you drinking?

>She has the most fucking range of all t8 BBs, of course she will have the worst max range dispersion.

Dispersion is a linear calculation to a minmum dispersion (trapzoidal 'cone'), and at equal ranges, the North Carolina has *much* worse dispersion than similar BB's. Check it by mounting the FCS upgrade on an Amagi but *not* on the NC and you'll see the NC is worse. Moreover, her hang time makes her shots much easier to dodge, which in turn makes her feel even more inaccurate.
Additionally, they still haven't fixed the 16"/45 fuse time, so the Colo/NC tend to overpen where other 16" gunned BB's won't.
I love the NC but it is the worst performing T8 BB for a reason, it is both realistically and artificially gimped by bad design decisions arbitrary rules for calculating factors in WoWs.

Do it

It's not their fault a number of nations make it illegal to distribute material with the Nazi flag present. Get Germany to change it's freedom of speech laws and I'd be shocked if WGing would have a problem with it.

>point out there are better ships
>hurr durr you must be bad at everything

Stay delusional weeb. I'll just keep devastriking, outranging, outdpming and outfirespamming Zaos with my hard to conceal Hindy.
Also I'll keep tanking Nagato shells folded 9000 times with my no armor Gneisenau and penetrating Fusos from all angles with Bayern. Then I'll use my EXTRA THICC american sub-orbital ap shells to shit all over your bow-on Izumo's deck while I bounce all your shells with my superior bow on meme.

>do nice manouver against battleship hitting it 10 times with turret
>it manages to craze me once before I get behind island
>it lost 5%, I lose 30%
Literally whats the point of this? Sorry If I dont get something, Iam new.

Anyone who says Izumo is better than Iowa should be sent to mental asylum.

le windmill of friendship and tolerance

Flamu go away.

Izumo is basically a fast Nelson

What's your ship and your enemy's ship?

First of all how do you even hit a fuso with a Bayrne. Hell at T6 even the Airzona is better than the Bayrne. The Warspite is on all levels better than the Bayrne. You can make a strong argument that Warspite is better than Fuso but *bayrne?* Sure whatever you say wehrboo. And the Gneisenau is just the Derptiz at T7: a crutch for shit players to get a quick 60k dmg by rushing in, torping, and dying by 3 salvos and 2 fires.
Hindys are awful, it's why they are the worst performing CA at T10, to say nothing of the god awful KM AP and even with the HE buffs, still lose in a fire-fling to a Zao or even a DM. Remember, penetration doesn't effect fire starting. You can start a fire on a shatter. Volume of fire and fire chance is all that matters and her slow reload and lower fire chance compared to the Zao gimp the Hindy in that regard.

>Anyone who says Izumo is better than Iowa should be sent to mental asylum.

So you haven't unlocked it's power huh? That's sad.

gotta sell game to germans you know

>World of Warships Blitz only has the first hull for the New York with all the extra secondaries
>still has good AA because of how the AA system works in WoWs Blitz

I fucking love this game, every ship gets a chance at secondary memes

Why do you ask these type of questions, Rapespammer?

Can you secondary meme at Dess Memes? Or is it shooting to fasd to do that?
Also, how does AA work in bitz?

>be Taiho
>sends strike squadrons to an Izumo
>dead Izumo
>all planes return home safely

>Hindy
>slow reload
>compared to Zao
>less volume than Zao
>shattering shells that sometimes cause fires do more damage than shells that always penetrate and deal damage but have less chance of setting fires
>god awful KM AP
>as if any non Moskva/RN cruiser AP won't bounce off an angled ship
>>I sit at the blue line in a Fuso so you won't hit me with your Bayern
>reddit memes
wow kys
seriously

Send a Taiho strike on anything and it's dead. Seriously what survives a competent Taiho strike?

RN BB thanks to Def AA.

Donskoi and Baltimore.

Yes, every ship has manual secondaries so you can, and since maps and main gun ranges are smaller its easy for any ship to get into secondary range

AA is simpler, each ship has a short range, mid range, and long range AA rating. It does not take AA guns into effect at all and have no effect on the AA ratings

>>as if any non Moskva/RN cruiser AP won't bounce off an angled ship

So you don't know about the Godly USN CA AP? I'm picking up on a theme here...

>>>I sit at the blue line in a Fuso so you won't hit me with your Bayern

You're projecting so hard you literally have a cock for a head.

Yeah I see what's wrong here, everything you know about T10 comes from watching streams. Sorry to waste time on a fucking moron.

>It does not take AA guns into effect at all and have no effect on the AA ratings
What? So something like Des Moine has same AA as stock Izumo?

>RN BB thanks to Def AA.

I haven't had the chance yet so I don't know how their AA stands up to a strike.

>Donskoi and Baltimore.

Donskoi not so much, especially if you cross drop at range (it's its medium/small caliber that are dangerous) and Balts it comes down to if they have Defensive AA or not, which most don't since they take Radar/Sonar moreoften now/.

> Russian 180 mm AP shell

French cruiser should have minimal armor. Then he came within 6 km and I shot 3 salvos hitting his side and ONE shell did ~3400 damage before he killed me.

Now that's more like it!

>since they take Radar
Radar is in separate slot.
>I don't know how their AA stands up to a strike.
Judging by numbers T9 has around Iowa AA, but with Def AA (don't know how powerful it is though)

Is Montana good now?

Very. It's superior or at least equal to the Yammy in every department except for the Lolpen guns. It can easily angle tank against a Yammy while still having all 4 turrents unmasked to fire. Her lowered citadel means that she's almost immune to getting citpenned at less than 8km.

Destroyers deserve every bit of nerf that they're getting. Torp soup is every bit as skillful as a dev strike.

Can't wait for this bad girl. Day 1 purchase for sure.

>best CA tier-for-tier
>hippers

>Radar is in separate slot.

Do you not know how to read? I said Radar/Sonar combo as in, both slots.

>/
I always read this symbol as "or"

The AA ratings are still based on how good the ships AA was in its most modern configuration. It just means that they can get away with shit like giving the New York good AA while still keeping all its 127mm secondaries

>Torp soup is every bit as skillful as a dev strike.
One fires every 30 seconds and takes 8 seconds to reach its target. One fires every 2 minutes and takes 40 seconds to reach its target. If a carrier exists or the target is a German battleship, you can practically kiss those torpedoes goodbye. When you get above tier 3 you'll learn torpedoes aren't all they're cracked up to be.

>it's zao vs hindenburg
>brings up USN to move goalposts
>USN CA AP
>penetrating actually angled ships
>dealing nearly as much damage to unangled ships as KM AP
>b-but they bounce when they hit at 86 degrees and KM bounces at 88, KM a shit
>goes even deeper into ad personam
>won't even admit he fucked up when he claimed zao outdpms hindenburg
I know you're a shitter, but just to trigger your sorry weeb ass even further:
I bet you only play t10 during PTs

>15 torps come running through a channel
>DD that launched them is capping a point nowhere near the channel
hol up

The German laws were all written by Americans, so thank them ;^)

good morning Hotelposter

HIPPER WILL ALWAYS BE #1 IN MY HEART OK

Greek cruiser Georgios Averof when?
Would be an interesting ship in her modernized configuration

>4 × 234 mm (9.2 in) guns (2 × 2)
>8 × 190 mm (7.5 in) guns (4 × 2)
>8 × 76 mm (3 in) guns
>4 × 76 mm (3 in) A/A guns
>6 × 37 mm (1.42 in) A/A guns

Would be a great secondary spec cruiser, since it has the armor scheme of a protected cruiser. I would place at Tier 6 or 7

galleys when?

ram ship when?

Kasual aka. 9mm1n is making historically accurate skins. It's even in Aslains Modpack. It adds swastikas to Prinz, Hipper, Tirpitz, Bismarck and Graf Zeppelin. In addition: Red turret tops on Prinz, yellow turret tops on Hipper, red turret tops on Tirpitz.

Can only recommend. He also keeps it constantly updated.

He's also been working on a new goodie.

All I got was "Don't buy it, It's shit"

What's your record for Schnellbot or plane kills?

Can we find some way to force WG's hand into making the game less RNG reliant? How is it I can punch into a Monty's citadel from bow on but not when they're showing perfect broadside and actually aiming with most of my salvo landing? It makes the game so inconsistent.

single fire guns when?

hollow point round when?

That's the mod I'm using.

larger maps when?
ocean more often in rotation when?
ships rescaled back to their original size when?
broadsiding great again when?
UI removal when?
thundering earthshaking gunsounds when?
crossing the T viable again when?
rough sea when?

Why even live?

Okay perhaps this is a dumb question but how do you hit things at long range in a battleship? Or is that just not possible. It feels like given the trajectory, how often I fire, and how long it takes for a reload, I just can't correct my aim as fast as a cruiser, so my opportunity is just gone before I even know it.

I can believe people are actually this bad. They must be doing this on purpose.

Lead, nigga lead.

Also, get the navigator mod from Aslains, it helps a little when leading.

Instead of double click. click once, to fire 1 turret, and adjust results

Those words
They are beautiful
>ywn be fluent in german
>tfw no österreichische qt gf to whisper qt german into my ear

Will wowsg ever be alive again?

Graf Zepps flag colours will be adjusted slightly and be brought on par with Bismarcks and Prinz Eugens. Right now it looks a bit washed out.

Shhh its okay

Just join the Discord friend. We're all here, well and live.

I'm only considering after I hear what the final gameplay with it will be like.

We're right now!

It's already pretty much set in stone at this point, as neither Flamu or the reddit crowd have made any big fuss about it.

The only thing that might get buffed before she goes live is fighter hp. They won't fuck around with her loadout anymore. If they would've fucked around, we would know it already because the chinks from sea-group spoil everything already.

Not sure if I like getting dommed by enemy fighters. While the alpha strike is great, I think they should balance it a bit more. Too min-maxed at this point.