/scg/edg/ Star Citizen + Elite Dangerous General #185 - Revisionist Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 will probably release whenever.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread: Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uJAPJB2KQc4
youtube.com/watch?v=OBYRIZA44Eg
youtu.be/9cwbYljNALI?t=36m
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qc2c2/i_literally_dont_care_when_its_done_keep_up_the/
coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/vulture?code=A1patfFalbdksgf3151e040305-4e2dm727m12h.Iw1/kA==.IwBhrSq0g===..IwelBYQBhAOaQFMCGBzANokYq6A=&bn=BIRB
web.archive.org/web/20170415041539/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Second for realistic spess ships

>september release now

how many more months can he get away with it?

2weeks

Remember kids, planets were never originally planned for 3.0. You should be thankful that so much new content is in this patch!
I can't stand the way CIG interacts with their community. And the worse part is those idiots eat that shit up. "He said they're not lying about dates so clearly it must be true!"

youtube.com/watch?v=uJAPJB2KQc4

>heroic efforts
He can go fuck himself with that shit. People aren't heroes for doing their job. 3.0 is late because they kept adding shit to it from the original schedule. It was fucking idiotic to add anything to it at all considering how much they were changing at once.

I really hope this is some hot satire

>Short barrel semi automatic .50 bmg

I guess we're getting more like it soon!

>I want to carry 30 rounds on my person and miss 9/10 shots in every one of the three 70lb magazines i can carry

Stop it

The best part is that Chris is responsible for this, pretty much entirely. Would have been a fraction of the ammo and vitrol if he hadn't of promised things he knew he couldn't deliver

>Heroic effort
>something groundbreaking, something magnificent

Oh they can fuck right off. They grossly lied about the 3.0 release estimate to sell more jpegs and now they're trying to brag? Shitty PR through and through.

Power to CIG, mad respect for them. Going to buy a Warbond 600 next month

>projecting this hard
It's okay that you can only hit one in ten shots, Michael J. Fox. But that doesn't mean everyone has the shakes.

>70lb
noguns detected. You know the AS50 (a 12.7mm boom stick) weighs only 30lbs, right?

Reminder that they had the base planet tech working since late 2015
youtube.com/watch?v=OBYRIZA44Eg

What strawman needed reminded, user?

>Will Leverett says they didn't have Planetary Tech in mind a year ago
>backers provide a slide from the 2016 Gamescom presentation, showing that Planetary Tech was the first advertised feature of 3.0
>Will Leverett edits his post and issues a followup comment, saying that a year ago their plan was to only let you fly within a few pre-select landing zones on planets
>backers provide a timestamp for the 2016 Gamescom presentation video where Chris Roberts says that you will be able to land on any part of any planet or moon in 3.0 and walk all the way around it

youtu.be/9cwbYljNALI?t=36m

(Skip to 36:00)

kek, you know he said
>Back then, Planetary Tech would have offered a fraction of the freedom that it does in 3.0, and most of the numerous infrastructure updates going into it now did not exist.

right user?

forgot slide

That was after he edited it.

is the original

I wish they'd just be honest about it. All they need to say is it ended up being way more work than they thought. I atleast understand it's a lot of work to make a game down to this level of detail.

I reminded myself because I thought Gamescom 2016 was the first time they showed it.

ok commanod o7

All this video does is make me hyped as fuck

The problem is that it proves either Chris lied to generate sales or Will Leverett is lying on the forums right now.

>What is hyperbole

You're not controlling ".50BMG" in automatic fire, noguns

>Will Leverett is lying on the forums right now
In other news, the sun rose exactly on time today and every person that drinks water will die. More at 11.

CIG needs to be careful about lying, or else their cultists will turn on them like NMS fans turned on Sean Murray.

They lie all the time and they suck it up user.

I haven't seen a backlash like this before concerning a lie CIG told, probably because there's no way to hand-wave it with "You just don't understand game development" or "They expanded the game's scope".

>They expanded the game's scope

Reddit and Will are currently using this exact excuse

wtf I thought the empire would be free of this degeneracy

The most upboated posts on Reddit are refuting it easily, since anyone can look at the 2016 Gamescom demo and see that the scope was actually larger back then.

>So in 3.0, (and we're demonstrating,) every planet, every moon will be fully done, rendered physicalized; you can land on any part of them, walk all the way around them if you want...

This quote is being spammed everywhere, with the link to the timestamped video attached.

out of the top 5 threads, 4 are on this topic, and 3 are culting out hard that its perfectly fine

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qc2c2/i_literally_dont_care_when_its_done_keep_up_the/
>Almost 500 upvotes for a post just jerking off CIG

>There's a cabal of people who hate this game and spend their time trying to make it fail by spreading disinformation on reddit
>It's literally just a week delay guys, wtf is the big deal here? It's just software development, 8 month delays are typical. It's just how it is

People ACTUALLY believe this.

My favourites are the people who are saying that 3.0 is actually only 2,5 months late because the first schedule said that release is in June.

>Folks just don't understand that the game they're making is unprecedented. Like literally never has been made by anyone in the history of humans.
>in the history of humans

Star Citizen doesn't hold a candle to the ancient lizard people's video games

stop reading reddit you subhumans

If aliens exist, they might have a better game already.

Do you think any CIG employee browses /scg/?

Me.

Why? It's an entertaining pastime, just seeing how the circlejerk manages to continue.

when
h
e
n

Is The Agent supposed to be an employee?

how can it possibly be entertaining if you already know what they are going to say. maybe i'm being too harsh you might have a chicken nugget brain.

I've been limiting myself and didn't even know it.
Jeff Goldblum already proved that we can run programs on alien computers, the reverse is probably true also
>tfw we haven't even passed the centaurs and expect a good space game

epic

>few pre-select landing zones on planets
weird that they trudged this up, last time i heard croberts talk about it, it was pretty clear he had no idea how they would actually implement this
what would they do, just blow up your ship when you went out of bounds? put up invisible walls?

Their plan was always to have your flight computer take over and steer you back. That's still their plan for urbanized planets.

I just went ahead and took the auto field repair thing out and replaced a burst with a pulse.
Its nice and tanky now at least.
>tfw being a literal vulture sitting in a high res just racking up millions
>tfw anaconda worth 200k spawns and flies into the middle of friendly INS
>flying near allied conda's like a parasitic fish

coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/vulture?code=A1patfFalbdksgf3151e040305-4e2dm727m12h.Iw1/kA==.IwBhrSq0g===..IwelBYQBhAOaQFMCGBzANokYq6A=&bn=BIRB

You can bet your ass that the recoil wont allow you to shoot the second round that fast.

Only because the arrowhead has recharge time and that sucks.

>I would still use it because that one will be expensive as shit

tfw your buddy is gonna be out of the county jail/rehab before 3.0 drops.

Chris and CIG are getting bombarded by HATE, it's time to show our support

So I bought a starter pack in 2015 and completely forgot about this game. I have a new PC now so I've been looking for current games to finally play and SC popped in my mind. What's there to do in the PU? When I loaded into my hangar, my Mustang isn't in there, and when i tried to get my ship in one of the ports, it said the ship wasn't available. I then proceeded to die trying to go into space without a suit, and now the game's taking 20 minutes to load back in.

tl;dr is the game still a scam?

>So I bought a starter pack in 2015 and completely forgot about this game.
good, now forget about it for next 2 years

>TFW i'll be back from deployment by the time 3.0 comes out
>TFW 3.0 gets pushed back past September

>exploring salvage looks comfy as fuck
>wreaking peoples lives looks fun as fuck.
I sure hope I can do both when the time comes.

/eog/ is laughing at us again..

yes yes we doo

3.0 never
FPS fix never
here buy more jpgs

who spread my meme to /v/?

he is a fat guy

no wonder this game needs millions of dollars

We have always been at war with SA.
Star Citizen has been in development for 3 years.
And remember...
Big Benny is Watching You!

>Wingman's Hangar

>september
I just heard the news
dropped by to laugh at cultists

for you

You'll want r/starcitizen then, wrong place

I'm actually unironically excited for the compelling cinematic videos people will be able to put together. Someone skilled like FrankieonPC will have an absolute field day with the director tools, cool locations, and beautiful soundtracks.

ehhh this is shopped right?

yes

Yes, he's actually larger but its funnier when he's entirely in frame

The intended effect of ship-selling propaganda

>how is a movie fun if you already know the good guy is going to win
inb4 you say fiction is for mongrels and you only watch superior nature documentaries like BLACKED.com.

It's fun to read through rebbit because it's like walking through an asylum. You have your own expectations for what people will be saying, but somehow plebbit is always able to be even more deluded.

so when 3.0 finally arrives, what are you guys doing first?

download 90GB

fmel

uninstall the game

>Having storage capacity problems in 2017

Stop downloading every 1080p anime ever and keeping every game you own installed.

land on moon

Thought I'd just post this.
web.archive.org/web/20170415041539/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Crash the game

3.0 today is larger than the 3.0 that was announced last year, not smaller.

Its also really hard and never been done before.

Well, the delays are shorter than the gaps inbetween them. We will eventually proceed to zero.

So when 3.0 releases will they have fixed the issues that causes the game to run like fucking ass even if you have a 1070?

Maybe in 2018

>>thinking you can get decent frame rates with a 1070

Probably not.

>Let's keep this new meme going by spewing bullshit again like I always do

NO! The original 3.0 that was promised was far bigger than this.

Pic related was already stripped down 3.0 list from GamesCon 2016.

Today's 3.0 doesnt even include Arc Corp, Hurston, Microtec or Crusader.

So we are getting a stripped down version of "3.0 Lite".

Did you retards just spontaneously forget that Behavior fucked off late last year and CIG had to build a whole new environment art team for landing locations from scratch since then? Or are we not talking about that since it doesn't contribute to the "Fuck croberts" narrative?