Veeky Forums - Truck General

Post anything related to trucks

Other urls found in this thread:

kbat.com/survey-says-42-of-guys-who-drive-sports-cars-have-a-small-penis/
youtube.com/watch?v=siVH_cr5ZnE
youtu.be/q2SkJsjnuwc
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2006-dodge-ram-2500-mega-cab/6438798252.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

trucks are only good to pull trailers filled with cars.

>his country puts petrol engines in their utility vehicles

Just kidding, anything with the bed surrounded by metallic paint and accessible from only one direction isn't a utility vehicle.

Trucks are much easier to wrench on, especially older ones.

Didn't take long for the insecure jealous sot boys to come in and shit up a thread that had nothing to do with them.
kbat.com/survey-says-42-of-guys-who-drive-sports-cars-have-a-small-penis/

What do you mean accessible from only one direction?

Are you talking to OP or truck haters?

The bed folds down on all three sides on these. Also it's larger and entirely flat in the first place.

American truck beds look like bad jokes in comparison.

Fuck that's ugly, I'll pass, gotta admit though, that's smart to do it that way.

It's a utility vehicle, it exists to get things done, you're not paid to look good as a contractor.

Trucks are pretty cool

Long travel suspension is really cool.

Bro dozers aren't cool

>states with no fender/mudflap laws or badly enforced vehicle laws
>*pelts your car with pebbles thanks to his needless all terrains*

Not everyone with a truck is a contractor

You don't need suspension travel for car shows, which is only that that truck sees given those drug dealer wheels and not a spec of dirt on it.

tfw love prerunners but don't live anywhere close to the dunes or desert:/. If I ever get rich though I would definetly have a prerunner build along with my other projects

Aww someone's salty, must be hard being in your foot and a half tall car
It's called a lift kit dumbass

>every vehicle should be designed identically because they're all used for identical purposes
You could get a bed like that if you wanted one on America. The question is why get one if you don't need one?

It's called reading you dumbass

Postan my truck for the seven billionth time

Buttmad Euros and city cucks please leave the thread

Prerunners are awesome

Gay

The question is why are 99% of pickup trucks in the US, even those used commercially, driving around with factory beds if folding side flatbeds are at least double as practical?

First that 99% number is complete nonsense but again, it's not inherently more practical, it's only more practical in instances where you need access from the side, which is apparently not a necessity for "99%" of truck owners. It wouldn't make sense to spend more on a more complex bed that you couldn't utilize. It'd be like buying a 7L diesel dually that tows low payloads and never leaves the highway. Sure the bigger engine and duals are "more practical" but it isn't suited for the job so why bother?

They just never took off here for some reason. Seems like they are more practical though.

>bed is wider
>bed isn't interrupted by wheel wells
>bed can be loaded and unloaded from all sides
>further equipment can be added (or rearranged on a fleet) easily

Dual axles are shit off-road so keeping them on the highway makes sense

Holy shit, it's like you've never been to the US and seen a work truck before!

>is more expensive
>is only beneficial is specific applications
>could be added to any truck regardless of make or model if necessary

Why pretend like you've ever driven a truck? Duallies only advantages are that they get stuck offroad less easily and you can have a blowout without being completely incapacitated. If you stay on the highway, super singles are cheaper and more efficient, so there's no reason to use duals

>Never driven a truck before
Sure, beta boi

post more trucks

is this too good to be true?
is it a bad truck?

If you're implying you have ever actually set foot in a truck but don't understand the differences between types of tires, then you're completely retarded and I don't understand what you hoped to accomplish.

Even the British can truck

Super singles have no place on a truck. When they blow, they tear off air lines, brake chambers, and have to get cut out of the suspension, and you get to buy a new rim. Trailer? Yeah, maybe, but not on my truck. I drive daily off road, btw.

Everyone can truck, only in Murrika has it devolved into a gaudy, useless lifestyle vehicle.

Absolutely no difference between that and your retard car culture

>Aluminum sides
Looks real sturdy, I'm sure that would hold up Muhammad

The G-Class is holding up since 1979, thanks for asking. If the bed is trashed after two or three decades just throw a new one on it.

i love these pure utilitarian looking trucks

I wish they still made them, or at least I wish the new trucks weren't so bloated with technology and crap

Didn't they build the FJ40 in Brazil until 2000 or so? With Mercedes diesel engines for a decade or two?

What about trucks made for really specific niches?

Are utes trucks or are they cars?

Have those same wheels on my yoter. Got them off a chevy with KO.s for $300

Butthurt euros and coastfags don't understand the maximum comfort, power and thrill of driving a Super Duty with lots of Ad ons

Because every working man can afford a G? Lel. It's like you have no concept of what a work truck really looks like in the US. Ours, which is similar to but it has not only all the steel lockable toolboxes on the side, but a welder, an air compressor, and a fucking crane on top. Can't do that with your piddly 1/8 inch aluminum sides. Your hate is real and palpable, and I enjoy feeding off of it, and your extreme ignorance. Did some American touch you when you were young?

That looks like a useless vehicle

they are a hybrid between truck and car. or as I like to call them, Cucks.

ok

Would that also apply to the opposite, SUVs?

Yes, also with wagons and hot hatches

S O M E

>muh working man
>USA actually have one of the most service based economies in the world, almost no manufacturing

Are Finnish police actually this autistic about vehicle laws that the guy had to delete three of the roof lights and make the remaining ones white? I mean, that's how European commercial trucks come from the factory, two white marker lights on the roof, but I didn't think anyone would care enough to make you turn your private import that way, too.

Lol look at that girly euroweenie load! How cute.
This is a real truck, boy. We need removable gates that are 6ft high, no use for babby flatbeds w/ a 1ft gate

Except for the wheels and a few other things, this is exactly what I want my C1500 to look like. I have an extended cab that's completely stock, same truck I've had for 13 years. The GMT400 platform is still my favorite.

Thoughts?

Looks fookin dangerous
youtube.com/watch?v=siVH_cr5ZnE

Not a fan of the rounded look of any of these trucks, nor the integrated bumpers. For a mid-size truck, if I was forced to buy something new, I'd get a Tacoma TRD Pro or a diesel Colorado. The black is nice.

This guy gets it. Bumpsides never die.
t. 1967 F100 352fe NP435 w married Dana 21.

Most commercial use vehicles in America look like pic related rather than the stock beds. I prefer the taller gates on the side if I needed a traytop, but the stock beds are great for most everything. They have notches in them most of the time and you can use some plywood to make dividers or have many different chambers. I'll find an example and reply with it.

youtu.be/q2SkJsjnuwc watch from 6 mins in.

This is what I see 95% of the time

Just picked this up $6500 2007 95k v10. Dun i goofed?

> can tow up to 13,600 lbs
> pulling 2 semis that weigh @ 29k EACH
>that large time gap when filling up an extra 190lbs in the bed

Work vans a best. Half the people driving work trucks would be better off with a work van.

Your point? I was talking about the bed design so you can divide cargo or make it two layers. Read the post above it that I wrote.

We only have one van like that in our fleet. Only issue I have with them is it can be difficult to haul conduit, strut, and any of the other shit we normally need. They're good for hauling all of our tools, wire, and other parts though. Plus vans take forever to heat in the winter.

Mmmm k5. I wantt.

True... I dislike lifted trucks as much as the next guy but I'll admit, I like the old simple Raptors. Too bad they suck at rock climbing.

Just bought a 2013 Sierra 1500 kodiak edition with the 5.3 vortec for $27000 canuckbux. how'd I do?

Slap a turbo on, and the internals can handle 1000hp.

Don't listen to that faggot, you're just gonna bring down it's life span by adding a shitty turbo.

>turbo
sorry senpai, I like superchargers
assuming the previous owner gave it regular oil changes how many miles can I expect out of this engine?

If maintained right, you might make a good half a million miles or more, 5.3 Vortecs are great engines.

Usually some of them get pretty worn out around 300k but if you do all your maintenance and don't hackjob any repairs you could make it last like
says. 5.3 is an amazing truck engine

That's awful. But 05-07 SD's still look great today when they aren't in bro truck form. Probably the last modern good lucking truck that doesn't have a 3ft tall grille, logo 4 times the size it should be, and chrome out the ass. I really need to work on my insurance auction special someday, it still looks the same as it did last year at this time. At least my gas job brick nose still runs great.

good truck too much fucking money for that mileage

That's good to hear. I hope to have this truck for a good long time.

Super Duties are very useful.
But the question is if the driver makes use of its capabilities.

eh I bought my 2015 Sierra 1500 for $24,000 with only 68,000km on it. I for sure got lucky. But I think 27000 is a bit too much, but depends on the mileage obviously.

unfortunately my area seems to be pretty barren when it comes to trucks. It's got 133000kms and comes with a tonneau cover, bedliner, new tires, and is in pristine condition.

I'm new to trucks and vehicle maintenance in general. I have an 03 Chevy avalanche z71. Any resources you guys recommend? And is diesel better than gas? Please excuse my new. Here's a cracky-chan for the trouble

Change your oil regularly and change any wearable items the manufacturer specifies (i.e. accessory belt, timing chain etc).
Diesels more often than not have more torque but less HP than gas engines of similar displacement, will last longer (due to more durable parts), and give you slightly more em-pee-gees when hauling, and sometimes diesel is cheaper than petrol. However diesels are dirty (for example their oil is dirty right after you change it), big&heavy, and new (post 2010 iirc) require DEF. Only get a diesel if you really need it.

Thank you user!

Tandem dump trailers like that in the US usually have between a 14k-16k pound rating (6300-7200 kilos). There is no way in hell I would try and pull that with a little suv.

R8 my comfy old-man mobile

including one's that were in movies?

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2006-dodge-ram-2500-mega-cab/6438798252.html

ranger's will always have a special place in my heart. they're the "little" trucks that keep on giving and don't stop

Can confirm. This is what a alpha male's truck looks like. All business.

Mein nigger.

Also nice almost quints

That's a cute little truck. I bet it's load capacity is under 1-ton.
Now this is a real truck.