/Ccg/

/CCG/ - Cryptocurrency General - ETF Hype, Moon or Bust? ETH, Monero, DASH continue to impress. $1500 in the month of March?

-- Margin Trading BTC --
bitmex.com

-- Where to buy BTC--
coinbase, kraken, local bitcoins, paxful, or some random guy on street

-- Altcoin Exchanges --
poloniex, bittrex, yobit

--Bitcoin Wall Observer Thread--
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0

--WhalePool Livestream--
youtube.com/channel/UCSAXsgdvfiS9WqAxwjMm8aQ/live

or

Livestream.whalepool.io

Prev

Other urls found in this thread:

myetherwallet.com
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_via
twitter.com/IamNomad/status/838858669903253504
poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_xmr
youtube.com/user/carpenoctom/videos
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819160.0
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.21980
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nav-coin/
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nav
discord.gg/Vk6qNya
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is BTC going to keep going down? Should I buy some now and more later? Did I answer my own question?

someone link a decent ether wallet that doesn't take up a ton of HD space

If you are not holding Viacoin rightnow, you are not going to turn 1 btc into 10 btc two weeks from now.

Blue pill me on viacoin

myetherwallet.com

Probably his personal shill pump coin

Viacoin will be the first altcoin to implement SegWit and it's about to happen when this triangle ends. MAJOR breakthrough upwards.

Go to their ANN/Twitter
or see viacoin.org for more information.

To any Coinbase users

Can you tell me your conditions for verifying your ID so i can troubleshoot why mine is being fucked?

I use Chrome, my galaxy s7 as a webcam stream for my pc for high quality pics, and I'm on wifi decent speed Internet.

I just get the error "an error has occured" before it even tries to go through all the way.

This happened the first time i had to upload my id customer support emailed me back with a human after 5 bot emails and then i tried it once and it worked first try.

Are they holding out on me purposely? I feel like they can unlock the verification process after so many support requests.

Its bullshit

I used the iOS app ,sent a pic of my drivers license ,about 30 mins later it was approved.this was about a year ago

poloniex.com/exchange#btc_via

Get on it, boys.

viacoin with its max 100 btc volume in 3 years? good luck trying to make any money with that shitty volume.

not to mention in 2 weels all alts will be way down if the etf is accepted, and only the top 5-10 will be up if its denied. basically now is the worst time you could possibly pick to be gambling with shitcoins.

How do you believe ETH will be affected?

I used the android app tbe first time and now they want verification again a week later and it says I can only use the coinbase desktop website
Just cuck my shit up

it's already dropping now along with bitcoin, so if bitcoin dumps eth will follow.

>that feel when going all in on bitcoins and ETH
ITS A COIN TOSS

why is BTC crashing

you clearly don't know how this works.

Hedge your bets, m8.

If ETF failed, where do you think everyone is going?

Also wrong.

You give shit advice.

BTC dropping $2/min right now

where is the money going? certianly not to some shitcoin with 0 volume for the past 3 years. the volume will be going into fiat, and into the top 5-10, maybe 20 altcoins while people hedge against bitcoin. that's it.

>you clearly don't know how this works.
>You give shit advice.

coming from some guy trying to shill and pump shitcoins on polo i can't say im offended.

pboc did some shit and killed the uptrend, no one wants to buy until etf news drops so if youre thinking of buying i would wait unless it bounces hard of 1160.

You really think I meant all the money is going to VIA? It'll go to ETH, dolt.

Not too bright, are you?

no, i mean no mater where the money goes, all alts will be down in fiat terms if the etf is rejected, just like every time bitcoin dumps. you don't "hedge" with ethereum, you hedge with a short or selling for fiat, that's it.

>Not too bright, are you?
it's ok, still doing better than you :)

R E T A R D

Fiat doesn't matter, anyone who trades BTC knows this. We trade alts to get gain more BTC, not fiat.

Also yes you hedge with alts. Why do you think you see everyone on crypto twitter start posting #altsareback when BTC starts going down?

And I highly doubt you're doing better than me.

People are selling the news before the Winklevoss ETF ruling. They might be wise as the two huge withdrawals last night and the night before might be a sign of what's coming.

try a different webbrowser for fucks sake

But almost every ETF gets passed. Hell, its common knowledge that to avoid turning people down, they're generally asked to withdraw their application before the deadline if it would be denied.

What's a good coin to drop some cash in that'll do atleast 2x soon?

Hope so.

thank me later

any gains against bitcoin will be short lived in ethereum right now. its already dropping with bitcoin and will continue to do so. etf denial will just result in a small temporary pump before it continues correcting down. my point is its naive to think you can really outrun bitcoin's effect on altcoins. if you want more bitcoin, that's what shorting is for in a downtrend.

>twitter
yeah, i dont really bother following people shilling shitcoins on there.

and why waste time with viacoin if you're a millionaire?

Of course you can short BTC to hedge bets but you going to put a majority of your bag in a short? No, too risky. Alts aren't nearly as risky with proper R/R management.

You should be using twitter. You don't have to follow every cunt shill but to get access to news faster and possible leaks of upcoming shit like the ETC leak that happened a while back on them becoming DAO 2.0.

A gain is a gain is a gain, I'm using 0.5% of my bag to possible get an x1.5 from where I started. Good R/R, fundamentally alright, and TA is not bad either.

thats what leverage is for. i can open a short that won't stop out until well below 800 and still be covered enough for the short term. and if the ETF drops i can keep stacking onto it without having to worry about which altcoin is going to get the biggest pump. its almost impossible to do DD on alts so i dont see why you would be risking any less. theyre far more unpredictable than bitcoin.

and making 50% on your 0.5% doesn't sound that appealing to me especially if you're forced to gamble with amounts < 10k to prevent serious slippage.

Why would it blow up soon though?
I see they're doing progress but where are the investors?

does anybody here arbitrage trade between exchanges?

bitcoin is highly more unpredictable than most alts, what are you talking about? Look at the tweet I'm linking.

twitter.com/IamNomad/status/838858669903253504

Shit like this happens all the time as well as the major bitcoin exchanges either getting "hacked," "ddos," or choyna'd, bitcoin is highly more unpredictable.

Top 20 alts rarely take a huge nose dive like that just to recover 5 minutes later and liquidate fucking everyone who isn't a major whale. Alts have gradual downtrends, not huge fucking drops like that unless its a true fucking shitcoin.

also I'm not a millionaire, I'm judging it on my returns so far since starting this over a year ago. I started with the 0.1 to 1btc challenge in 30 days, achieved it in 42 days without leverage. My return % is around 4 figures, closing in on 5.

Also, if you would've bought in when I first mentioned it in the last thread, you would've made 15% right this second.

>I started with the 0.1 to 1btc challenge in 30 days, achieved it in 42 days without leverage. My return % is around 4 figures, closing in on 5.
How

I meant my % currently, not in those 42 days.

I got there trading with TA, figuring out counters on twitter, and just fundamentals.

when you look at the kind of crazy moves bitcoin has had, recently they've all been around news that's affected the crypto market as a whole, whereas for alts youre generally own your own if it decides to dump because their shitty dev team missed a development estimate they gave out months ago.

with china killing leverage and stopping naked shorting you're really going to see less manipulation from over there, and the market is really now only interested in what the pboc says not so much what the current price is on okc's futures.

i dont know how much you're trading with now, but the game changes significantly when you're dealing with real money. outside of the top 20 or so, alts just cant handle 20/30 BTC positions without slippage becoming a serious pain. personally at this point i wont consider anything that isn't doing 750/1000 BTC volume a day, not to mention coins with a market cap smaller than my current portfolio.

holy shit

>0.1 to 1btc challenge in 30 days

won't the buy/sell fee's kill your gains?

do you have any important reading material that helped you to gather your knowledge

technical analysis, think astrology + herd mentality.

poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_xmr

BRUH

Pipschool has an easy beginner's course but I honestly recommend youtube.com/user/carpenoctom/videos and it was praised highly by that tripfag who ran the /ccg/ for a few months.

I love the non-TA traders. They can't figure out the other reason why so many people learn it and not the obvious one of everyone's following it.

oh and the fees are super low on most exchanges. Like 0.2% most of the time iirc.

yep, most of it's crashing down, on fiat and bitcoin pairs. like i said, this etf shit is going to affect everything and as always alts are hit harder.

as far as crypto is concerned TA is all herd mentality aside from some of the obvious formations, of which a large amount of them never actually resolve in the way they're "supposed to".

it's a great tool if you're not disciplined enough to not let emotions get the better of you but you can get the same effect by planning ahead and sticking to it.

Yeah, nah

TA isn't perfect, neither is trading on pure fundamentals. Combining them is how they work for you.

If you don't follow even the most basic TA of R&S then you probably have a tough time trading.

depends on how literally you take the term fundamentals. with altcoins its 100% knowing when the upcoming hypeable events are for it and any "competing" coins. the underlying tech doesnt even matter as evident by coins like dash and ethereum being as inflated as they are.

Is there any hope for Lepen bros?

I mean someone will have to eventually pump it, r-right?

okay how is that any fucking different than traditional stocks or forex when it comes to fundamentals?

You're traders not developers. You don't have to give a shit about the tech, product, or even the company. You just give a shit about price and where's it gonna go in the future.

because hype is only good short term. trading altcoins is just like trading pink sheets.

Yeah. We all know. I don't even understand what you're bringing to the table anymore.

you just seem to be here hyping shitcoins and encouraging people to go ahead and throw away their money on them. get over yourself dude. every amateur trader thinks he knows what he's doing until he throws it all away.

Did I say go all in? No
Did I say this has long term value? No
Did I say it isn't risky? No

Others said x10 or go all in, I didn't so I really don't know your beef with me, scrub.

You're new to this clearly and need figure out the market you're actually trading. This isn't like stocks or forex where we give a shit about fiat value, we give a shit about BTC's value and how much of it we have of it. Also wanted to bring this up earlier, you don't know what the fuck hedging is if you're saying only short btc and not put anything into alts.

You're clearly new and you're gonna have to figure all this out on your own.

Cya, poor person.

EVERYONE ON COINBASE SWITCH TO GEMINI IF YOU CAN

IT IS BETTER IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY

No insurance on gemini in case of stolen coins and IIRC more expensive.

The most crucial thing about Gemini is that it has way more trading features and information and doesn't verify your identity with a fucking webcam applet that literally doesn't even work like Coinbase does.

Also don't store your coins on the exchange dumbo.

I just bought $250 of ETH with a $0.63 fee. It doesn't seem to have retarded limits like Coinbase does either.

fuuuck

How long does it usually take for a SEPA transfer to show up on Kraken? SEPA in general seems to be rather random in the time it takes, but I'd be curious what kiind of times other anons have had.

Also, Kraken says my bank account must have the same name as my kraken account, but my bank mostly skips my middle name. Will it work when James Tiberius Kirk gets money from James Kirk?

I didn't say store anything on exchanges, I'm just pointing it out.

They should have called it lepennies

Anyone know how i can make a fork of Zcash? Can it be possible? What is the step by step process?

underrated

How long have you been waiting? I'll let you know when mine goes through.

is whalepool just whaleclub renamed?

flibbr still around?

Transferred it yesterday evening, as of now, I don't see it yet. My bank already lists it as "gone", so it's probably not one of the issues where banks won't have anything to do with bitcoin and actively decline them.

Bro the weekly limit on coinbase is like 7500$. That's more than enough for most people.

you're in no position to call anyone poor, come on dude, we've already established you're worse off than i am. i have more bitcoins than you'll ever have, and i sure as fuck didn't get them by gambling on shitcoins like viacoin. no one's buying your shit and it's embarrassing.

different things, the bucketshop is just trying to get a ride off it's name. i'd avoid most of these places with shit liquidity unless you dont want to put more than 20 or so coins through them.

be careful using kraken, their trading engine is shit and you're all but guaranteed to lose money if you expect their execution to work properly. deposits will almost always take longer than 24 hours there but get on their ass if it isnt there in 3+ days or you'll end up like those people waiting for 2 weeks for deposits.

>be careful using kraken, their trading engine is shit and you're all but guaranteed to lose money if you expect their execution to work properly.
Yeah, I read a lot of bad reviews about them and a lot of praise, so I figure the truth might be in the middle. Thanks for the heads up!
But I certainly won't start throwing in large sums without knowing how that platform works with short term sales, especially not at an all-time high.

>deposits will almost always take longer than 24 hours there but get on their ass if it isnt there in 3+ days or you'll end up like those people waiting for 2 weeks for deposits.
SEPA is just so arbitrary… Sometimes it seems almost instant, even when different banks are involved, sometimes it feels like you really have some poor shrug with a bag full of money walking from bank to bank. Wasn't that supposed to make payments within the EU faster?
Anyways, I'll spend my weekend skiing and if it's not there sunday evening, I'll contact support.

the problem with kraken is they dont execute orders correctly and most people get hit the worst when their stops just don't execute. its a serious issue and you can be sure its going to fuck some people when the etf news drops within a day or two. i'd be wary of getting into any kind of position at kraken if you expect to hold it through the news.

Thanks, I will be careful.
But I certainly won't start with any big positions, that's just way to risky anyways.

The fuck is up with my connection? I lost my wifi and now my machine is just randomly hopping on various mobile connections. So much for ID's…

How do I mine ethereum on ubuntu yakkety?

What do you guys use to sell your bitcoins? I have coinbase right now

BTC price recovered nicely from the ETF panic sell off. Berry nice.

>selling bitcoins
lol

i think it's like a trading community, and whalepool is a platform or some shit.

wut, no idea. good luck

Im hoping in the next 2 days when people REALLY panic sell I can get a btc for like 900

screencapped

HOW THE FUCK IS BU WINNING?

>new merchants begin to accept NAV coin
>price goes up

ez fundamental analysis

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.21980

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nav-coin/

poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nav

there are no brakes on this train

I prefer monero xD

Here is my situation
>buy bitcoin and ethereum on bitpanda
>later find out you cant sell eterheum on bitpanda
>the ethereum I bought on bitpanda is transfered to a wallet at etherscan.io
>sell all my btc on bitpanda
>setup an account on coinbase
>want to transfer my ethereum on etherscan to coinbase?
How do I do this?

send it bruh, coinbase should give your ethereum address

or if you're feeling generous just send it to this address!

0x5dfD9274d57cdF13F2DB964AAf32E1DE341cD24c

;)

We need a Discord server for Cryptogeneral my dudes

we dont

use the reddit shit for this

there already is one
discord.gg/Vk6qNya

i just dont put it in the OP cause it's so autistic kek

Thoughts on IOC?

Whalepool in the OP has one too. Although it's a bunch of autistic limey teenagers comparing dicks most of the time.

wat times the etf decision tomorrow

Post your mETH

Will Bitcoin go down a bit more within the next hours before the ETF decision or not?
I'm not sure whether I should buy now or still wait a few hours... Or should I wait till after the decision? What do you guys think?

It's been creeping up since a whale sold big Monday and Tuesday night. I think it stays 1180-1210 until ruling. IMHO.

Anyone?

You are an idiot if you think its getting approved. Wait till the crash and hedge with eth

or dont and get rekt