/acg/ - Armored Core General: Design Contest Rules Edition

Old thread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

So for the design contest, what do we do when a thread dies early like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

ptpcodes.blogspot.com/2011/02/armored-core-last-raven-usa.html
clyp.it/bj1lw2ct
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idk, keep going? they're archived.

Well, the continuing is the tricky part. Do we math out how many posts are left to submit entries? Do we cut off and start voting?

Just give it another 200 posts and then we'll close the entries and start voting.

Repost from the last thread:

Last thread died at 300 posts so we'll keep entries open for 200 more posts

>183948247
Good idea

(OP)
ACLR DESIGN CONTEST

For this entire thread any screencaps of Last Raven ACs posted that reply to this post will be up for voting. At 500 (200 more on this thread) posts (or if we hit the image cap limit), entries will close and voting will begin for the last 250 posts. Winners announced in the next thread. Pics can include just the AC, or the AC plus the emblem.

IN GAME IMAGES ONLY. You can use an emblem replacer or any cheat you want but you can't submit artwork.

Each ACs will be graded and rewarded separately for:
>Aesthetic: Purely on the paint, parts, and other design features
>Practicality: How good is this AC at combat? H+ is allowed.
>The story / creativity behind the AC. This includes pilot name, AC name, emblem, and how well it fits into the ACLR universe.

If the thread dies, we'll carry on the post counts to the next one.

>Going through ACLRP's .bin
>Open an .ini
>Japanese names for menus
>MurataDebug
:O

Mmmmm... only place Debug is mentioned is in this file and a copy of this file in a BND.

No idea how to get access to the debug menu.

97% achievement in AC3SL, with the only thing left to do is S rank every single mission for the last damn hidden part. I am not looking forward to this grind. I just want to get to Nexus.

*Whispers into your ear*

Cheat

>tfw you stumble upon rare cheats on an ancient blog

I've 100%'d every game up to this point with the only cheating being emulating in 50% slow-mo for maybe 5 things total between AC1 and AC3SL. I'm not about to give up now.

The fuck sorta cheat is "Assy McGee"

It's not worth it. You only get a crappy pistol to go with it.
The requirements to S rank that monorail mission still baffle me. I finished it in 20 seconds with 0 damage, and still got an A.

The kind of cheat for people with a penchant for terrible Adult Swim shows, I suppose.

Oh boy, you'll love Nine Breaker then.
ZONE VIOLATION

Most missions are pretty easy to S Rank, except for the odd one like the monorail.

Bump.

This and Player Size seem to do nothing. I've converted the addresses and everything, nothing.

ptpcodes.blogspot.com/2011/02/armored-core-last-raven-usa.html

Anyone else want to try?

i want my mech to assy mcgee but god won't let me

bump

bump

Thought maybe it'd be easier to remove the black rectangle from the rendermode without buffer effects but so far no

>I leave for work and you fags let this general die

Do I have to quit my job to keep bumping this general?

Yes

AP AT 50%

Maybe it's just an animal. Can it even understand what we're saying?

bump

bump

it's the curse

every time we have a successful thread, people get complacent and stop posting so the thread starts to die again.

Fuck trying to S rank all of AC3SL. I'll do the same I did with AC3, minimum of A rank on all missions. I won't get 100% achievement, but fuck that noise.

I thought you wanted 100% on all games?
Anyway, I still want to complete SL 100% one day, just not now. And since you can't convert its save to Nexus, I'm happy to just let it sit there, while I'm already finishing Last Raven.

Just need 1 more path to finish all the missions.

I'd say SL is probably the hardest game to S-rank, even with a guide.

ACNX might be harder to S-rank without a guide just because the requirements for finding some of the missions is really absurd (you have to fail certain missions to unlock other missions).

I'd set it aside until you beat some of the other games, then when you come back you'll be able to do it much easier.

I'm okay with 97% achievement. I've S ranked 4/7 zones, minimum A rank in the others, got all hidden parts except for the handgun you get for S ranking everything, and beat the Extra Arena using only my own AI. The one failed mission is one where you have to steal the part you're protecting. Once I've finished my full playthrough of everything, maybe I'll go back to slam my head against this game for the last 7 missions I need to S rank. Until then, I'm moving on to Nexus.

Did you S rank the monorail mission? It's a mission where you have to destroy some targets on a bridge, then wait for the monorail to pass and shoot it.
Last time I played SL was in 2015, I think that was the last mission left for me to S rank. If you don't know the name, I'll look it up.

you been importing your pilot and ACs through several games yeah

how many years have they been piloting?

You're thinking of Defend Naire Bridge from AC3, and you can S rank that one by ignoring the monorails and just completing the mission fast.

Or you're thinking of Destroy Cargo Transport (which is AC3SL) where you need to chase down and kill the transport. That one is actually super easy if you use the secondary fire on the CAW-SDBZ-108 spread bazooka arms on the MLR-MM/PETAL legs, boost up past the last care and just lay into the side, which prevents having to deal with the turret in the back and can kill the transport in close to 10 seconds.

My pilot from AC1 through ACMoA is the predecessor of my pilot in AC2, who is the father of my pilot in AC2AA (left Mars prior to the Phobos incident as a child). AC3 on is a different pilot related only through multiverse doppelganger theory because AC3-LR is a different universe than AC1-2AA.

>AC3 on is a different pilot related only through multiverse doppelganger theory because AC3-LR is a different universe than AC1-2AA.

Rick Sanchez confirmed for AC6

Bump.

I wonder if A.I.s from V were hunting down exceedingly capable pilots because they didn't want someone to try to euthanize humanity again.

>because they didn't want someone to try to euthanize humanity again.

Bingo. It's a check-and-balance system to stop pilots that are too strong.

Bump.

Well, just finished Last Raven for the last time. Must have finished it 15 times in 3 days. I didn't want to look at a guide, but after getting Evangel's ending twice in a row, I just said fuck it.

I think I'm really jinxed or something, because the Zinaida and Pulverizer endings were the last ones I got. I thought all endings were just the still images with the music, but then I see those two endings are more "complete".

The Pulverizer is also the "proper" final boss for this game, I think. Zinaida was too hard and the rest are too easy. Evangel even telegraphs his attacks, and Jack-O is already half-dead.

>tfw Jack-O and Zinaida actually say you're the Last Raven

Yeah, I was talking about Destroy Cargo Transport. I see I'm not the only one that had problems with it, because I see others had the same question by google.

By the way, is there any suplementary material for the AC games, that do tell their stories in greater detail? Like a manga or a novel, something like that?

AC games were always vague, but I think Last Raven doesn't even try to fill most of the gaps.
If you guys know the answer to any of these, I would be grateful:
- Does Sheila (your operator) know Jack-O from somewhere? In the Zinaida and Pulverizer paths, she seems to hint they know each other.
- Are Jack-O and Evangel friends? IIRC, in one of the final battles of the Zinaida route, where you need to take down Evangel in the desert (it's a battle where Jack-O is watching), Evangel hints to their discussion about Dominants.
- What exactly happens

And lastly, the AC team really loved Project Phantasma, I think. There are a lot of references to it in the newer games, and Revolution (Nexus 2nd disc) has most of its missions based on Phantasma. And it's the shortest AC game! Guess "Rodeo on the Disco Flying Giant Cockroach" has a soft spot on their hearts or something.

>What exactly happens
*What exactly happens to the people after Nexus? Were the unmanned weapons not produced again for quite a while, or the Internecine just attacked everyone once because FUCK YOU GUYS? Because they're only around the Internecine in LR, but they seem to be quite a ways out in Nexus, and the LR opening even says the whole world was attacked by them.

I wonder how much time had passed between Jack-O's royal fuck-up and the Nexus final mission, for the Internecine to stock up on so many of those flying bombs.

>Are Jack-O and Evangel friends?
I don't think Jack ever had any friends, but he does have past history with Evangel. Remember they were both Ravens in the arena in Nexus (so they probably met a few times), and it was Jack that personally kicked Evangel out of Raven's Ark for taking direct contracts. I'm pretty sure they had some unexplained past relationship, because Evangel joins Vertex kinda out of the nowhere.

there is no "proper' final boss, but I think the Leviathan, Jack-O, and Evangel endings are intended to be the easier / more accessible ones. Especially leviathan path, that's the easiest path in the game. Jack-O comes second.

The super-biped pulverizer, floating pulverizer, and zinaida paths are the harder ones, with Zinaida probably being the intended "final" boss ending, since it's the hardest one to get. You basically have to take the hardest missions available at every point in order to get it, and you have to kill all the enemies along the way (if you skip any of the optional AC fights by exiting the missions early, you don't get the zinaida ending I think).

>I don't think Jack ever had any friends
no truer statement has ever been said on /acg/

Jack-O was so obsessed with finding the limits of what an AC pilot could be that his purpose in life was building the Raven's Arc. He wanted to build his own paradise for mercenaries, and engineered the entire Alliance vs Vertex war solely for that purpose. It's his fault the weapons and internecine were discovered anyway, if I remember right.

Bump.

Bump.

bump

What's the better Nexus experience? Going back and forth between the two discs? Running the story in the Evo disc, then doing the Revo disc, then going back to finish the Evo disc?

Bump.

Evo then Revo.

There's a manga and a light novel.
She used to work for one of the corporations, I think it was Mirage, so it's possible she's seen him before. Regardless, Jack-O has worldwide renown during Last Raven, it's impossible to not know who he is.
Not likely. Like someone else dais, Evangel was taking contracts directly and not reporting them to the Ark, which is a huge breach of contract. When Jack-O decided to take control of the Ark, he booted all the unworthies, including Evangel. Come Last Raven, it's evident that they've at least talked and Jack has pegged Evangel as one of his candidates to handle the Internecine.

I'll get on the rest of that once I'm off work, it's a lot to type.

Alright I got a no bloom cwcheat for FF Dissidia, maybe I can see what that's affecting in the disassembler and find similarities with ACLRP.

Bump.

>(if you skip any of the optional AC fights by exiting the missions early, you don't get the zinaida ending I think)
You don't get the Pulverizer (the one with the barrier) ending either. Actually, in the dam mission, you can destroy one of the guys and run away from the other. Since the Zinaida path has an obligatory fight against both (in the Pulverizer path, you can escape any time you wish), yeah, it's way harder.

Wasn't it Kisaragi scientists that activated the Internecine? Either way, Jack knew of it and didn't tell anyone. He was really afraid of it too, just look how he reacts when you defeat one of the Pulverizers in Zinaida's path.

I finished Evo once, bought most of the parts, then finished Revo (S rank everything), and went back to Evo to get all the stages, secret parts and so on.

>Come Last Raven, it's evident that they've at least talked and Jack has pegged Evangel as one of his candidates to handle the Internecine.
In "Intercept Enemy AC", Evangel says "I told you (Jack) he (your character) was one (Dominant)". So yeah, they've talked a bit.

Some of the vagueness is the fault of localization. In all but one of the paths, Jack is talking about "they" ("can't gauge their strength from this", etc), hinting an organization of sorts, and that you're part of it. But the whole time he's actually talking about you, and only you.

>Does Sheila (your operator) know Jack-O from somewhere?
If I remember, you're talking about Jack-O's death against the Airborne Pulverizer, right? Sheila reacts to Jack's death differently in that path. I think that's also the fault of the localization - just look at the totally random "kill that traitor" comment she makes in some fights.

*Hover-Leg, not Airborne
On that account, I remember when I asked here in /acg/ where the Tank-Leg Pulverizer was, because I had never seen it on any of the paths. Someone told me it was the one that appears when you come out of the power plant, then I realized tanks can fly in the AC games. I thought that was the Hover one. Damn, I felt dumb.

>Actually, in the dam mission, you can destroy one of the guys and run away from the other.
Either my game bugged out or there's a secret in that mission (Destroy Control Towers), because the first time I've completed it, I didn't even see those guys. In all subsequent playthroughs, Sheila always says "Wait...!" when I destroy the second tower. I wonder if you complete it real fast, they don't appear or something.

It's the other way around. If you're too slow, they don't appear.
(I think.)

Bump.

Imagine how lonely Strayed's final days after destroying the Cradles were. Running around the globe destroying everything in sight, dispersing as many Kojima particles as possible to maximize pollution, before finally dying from exhaustion caused by hunger and sleep deprivation silently in the cockpit of their NEXT because they've already killed everyone they stumbled upon.

Is this related enough for a bump?

Totally worth it.

'Cept killing Sumika

Alternative ending: if Old King survives the final mission you retire together on an Island in the middle of nowhere.

bump

The unmanned weapons probably attacked the whole world in Nexus in response to the conflict between the Corporations. When the attack ends, the Corporations enter into a truce and join forces - there's a few months until they can actually form the Alliance, so I guess there were no more conflicts in that time.

About the Internecine, the Kisaragi scientists activated it a few missions before the end of Nexus - there's a mission where you can see a few "dormant" unmanned weapons (they only attack if you get close). That was one of the locations Kisaragi was researching, so a few of the weapons got out.

About their quantities, either the Internecine can produce them very fast (they're much simpler than a Pulverizer, for example), or they were already stockpiled in the millions before, and were dormant, waiting for someone to fuck up and activate the Internecine.

I could find files that listed all the parts of ACs in AC3P, but not in ACLRP.

I was hoping to fill in some missing info on Jack-O's AC Foxeye's second form in the Internecine missions...

Haha, got Jack's second form from RAM, same format in AC3P pretty much.

Hope I can edit the wikia without registering.

All the unknown shit was the same as the arena form. Boring!

Wonder what else I can dig up for the wikia and blog about to bump.

>Armored Core: The JRPG

don't fight it

dark souls is a jrpg, and AC isnt far from it

i'm talkin top down final fantasy style and less action rpg

i think the mech customization would go well with it

shit maybe it already exists beyond the SNES front mission games

Don't they say that the Internecine is a learning factory, and it produces ACs in response to previous models being destroyed?

Sometimes I fire up one of the old games, put those missiles that lock on up to 12 times, then let a full volley on the arena.
Then I turn the game off. There's something cathartic about letting off all your missiles at once.

Or something.

bump

The worst part is that Genobee absolutely saw this coming, and took it upon himself to completely crush Navis and prevent the world from getting fucked over by ancient technology. And then you killed him and ended up helping to unleash that shit.

>he dindu nuffin, he a good boy, getting his life on track but the nazis, er, navis ruined everything

I wonder who's behind this post?

The people died like heck. There's no official explanation, but my best guess is that there was a limited supply of suicide weapons, maybe a small number like a million, and since they all went and blew up, the Internecine is going through a bit of a refractory period.
Alternatively, it's possible that the Internecine is connected to the underground facility from Nexus but not so much so that it fired up until someone decided to explore the facility a little more and then accidentally activated the Internecine.
Gets more depressing if you think about that and the dude with the machine gun arms.
Yep. Each Pulverizer's purpose is to go out, record, and get rekt so that the next one will be better.

It's those damn Kisaragi loyalists, I tell you!

what if... armored core universe political cartoons

Having a real hard, like stupid bad, creativity block after studying music for a week. This always happens, it's real dumb, but I finally got a chord progression I like that sounds a bit like the Armored Core theme I studied and is a little Front Missiony while keeping kinda upbeat and energetic. clyp.it/bj1lw2ct

It's basically nothing but this post is probably better than just another empty bump post.

Sounds like it's about to drop the hottest rap verse of all time when it ends.

Wait no I'm retarded.
Ambiguity, that's the song it reminds me of.

>clyp.it/bj1lw2ct
personally i'd try getting rid of the last chord in the progression, the one on last quarter note (if you're counting the "long" chords as whole notes)
standard harmonic progression at the end of a phrase goes V - I, and you're doing something more like III - II - I (although it's probably not exactly that)
i guess it could work if it moves into a different chord progression
this is all just "objective" music garbage, of course there's also a subjective element to it
like if you're going for "weirdness", then great. that's what makes music cool, you can "change" the "rules" to attain a certain emotional response. it's like magic.
anyways, this gave me, like, a medical room kind of vibe. and honestly the more i listen to it the more i like the kind of odd choice of chords near the end of the phrase
it's like, nice & relaxing at first, then this tiny bit of weirdness just to let you know that things could get fucked up
it's good user keep it up