It's -31 right now

>It's -31 right now
>Had to go to work
>(((Employers))) didn't give us outlets for our heater blocks
What do? Should I start my car periodically to make sure it doesn't freeze?

Take a cab

Do they not make diesels with glow plugs where you're from?

I don't drive a diesel car

Then take a cab

Or alternatively get a battery powered electric blanket and drive to work, wait 10-15 minutes for the engine to cool so you don't start a fire and then put the blanket over the engine.

>Be 10f outside.
>Car's thermostat is stuck open.
>Car won't warm up quickly, MPG shit, temp drops on highway.
>Heat not working well on highway

fug

what?
it gets that low here too and ive never heard of a heater block.
is this a new meme like snow tires? i live right outside of gaylord MI

How would he use the electric blanket, if he is unable to use the electric block heater?

You've never heard of people "plugging in the car" when it's cold out? I think you meant: I am a gaylord who lives in MI.

Take the battery inside with you. If it still won't start, explain why it's their fault.

It better not be at 50/50 or it just might freeze and crack the block.

How is being too retarded to keep a battery in good condition their problem?

>Read: Battery powered

leave car running all day fgt

>You've never heard of people "plugging in the car" when it's cold out?
never, where the fuck do you live?

>A battery powered electric blanket
It'd run for 20 minutes before running out of juice? That would work perfectly for someone who works a normal shift of 8 hours. You'd be better off taping a bunch of hand warmers around the engine, fagnuts.

MN, you fucking retard.

Places that are cold. Google block heater and educate yourself, mr bus rider

>this thread
>only one post about maintaining antifreeze
This is low, even for Veeky Forums.

easy just build a campfire under your engine. it stays warm and you get that cozy campfire ambience.

hurr

loosen the drain plug to keep the fire stoked though you wouldn't want the fire going out at -31.

I live in MI. There's this beautiful thing called Antifreeze. How about you quit being a little bitch.

durr

>MI
>cold

Mcfucking kill your self lol

Love,
Alaska

I live in MI. There's this beautiful thing called Antifreeze. How about you quit being a little bitch.

Hey, I'm not the fucking idiot that forgot Antifreeze exits

>just build a campfire under your engine
Still a better idea than "battery powered electric blanket."

They freeze you dipshit

>mom did you change the antifreeze
>I learned about it on a real car forum mom
>no not the one with naked cartoons

I do that to my truck in Tennessee, it's nice and toasty warm that way

Not in my vehicles they don't. A quality battery will crank over a gas engine in -30 no problem even after sitting outside for weeks. Big diesels with glow plugs are a different story but even they'll crank with a good set of batteries. I'm not one of those fucktards who leave their lights on all the time or ignores parasitic drains.

lel I've been ignoring a parasitic drain on my truck because I can't find where the fuck it's coming from

have you tried pulling fuses until it goes away?
pretty much the only way to find one.

>OPTIMA YELLOWTOP® batteries are protected from freezing down to -30°F when fully-charged to about 13.0-13.2 volts and our REDTOP® batteries are protected from freezing down to -50°F when fully-charged to about 12.6-12.8 volts. However, if those batteries are not fully-charged, they can freeze at warmer temperatures. Due to the nature of their design, flooded batteries can also freeze at warmer temperatures, especially if they are not fully-charged. When a battery is not fully-charged, the sulfuric acid and distilled water inside the battery are not properly-mixed and the distilled water can freeze.

But you probably know better than the people who make them, right?

Who runs an Optima (AGM) in their car?
Yellowtop = deep cycle

A standard SLA (sealed lead acid) at 100 percent fully charged will not freeze until approximately minus 76 degrees Fahrenheit.

But user, 95% of car batteries are standard flooded type, not VRLA/SLA.