There`s oversteer, understeer and then there is Audisteer

There`s oversteer, understeer and then there is Audisteer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6cRhfPOBhpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Continue

this one doesnt count

there's also bayersteer, a course of oversteer and understeer that always ends with a oversteer and crash

Proceed

I think you mean 1st gen Haldex.

Audi could not engineer their cars around understeer so all they did on the latest RS3 is add fatter tyres for front wheels

Isnt it interesting, that even though subaru and audi go all out advertising how awd is all for the driver and superior to everything else known to man...

...and yet their racing cars are all RWD.

AWD is for those without throttle control.

Nobody gives a fuck about racing in the real world. The customer just needs to think awd=sporty and muh driving passion.
Please tell me that's not a oem part...

>Racing cars / Domestic market cars.

>HALDEX / Full time AWD.

>Apples / Oranges.

OEM spaghetti. Fucking nightmare.

>and yet their racing cars are all RWD

Haldex is fine it's just that manufacturers keep goofing up and installing it backwards

>let's put the entire engine in front of the front axle to make room for AWD
>Wow so strange that it understeers

Do you really think the average car driver can handle a ~225hp / ~300hp turbo'd SWB rear bias AWD system?

As much fun as it sounds I think there would be a fair amount of snap over steer going on.

Engineering a car to have factory under steer is safer.

That way its cheaper i guess
Bmw and benz have opposite haldex

What about all the 500hp rwd compact sports coupes and sedansin the market today?

>compact sports coupes

You just answered the question yourself. A sports coupe isn't a sport hot hatch and caters to a different market.

Yeah but BMW also offers a hatchback with RWD or rwd biased awd with 340hp and it's generally praised for its handling.

OK you win, AUDI engineers know nothing and BMW is better,

BMW breaks down every other week while audi breaks down every other month.
If were gonna sit here and compare hatchbakcs to sedans and coupes, by that factor the a45 amg is better.

Audi can't afford to produce a rwd platform, they would if they could.
>Audi is more reliable
False.
Nobody was comparing hatchbacks to sedans or coupes. A45 also uses fwd biased awd and M140i is better than A45.

Y'all do realize haldex is just electronic clutches, right?
Every kid with a golf r already bought a cheater valve to have most of the power to the rear, why couldn't you just do the same on your Audi?
I'm a strong advocate of purely mechanical solutions, but it seems to me that tuning a solenoid to keep the rear diff powered would be way less complicated that a full driveline swap

indeed.Why settle for understeer or oversteer when you can have the shittier parts of both?

youtube.com/watch?v=6cRhfPOBhpc

This video gets me every time. The Citroen is the oldest car there and yet is the best overall. Shows what a meme German engineering was even then.