/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7003/?
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988/?
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/644/?
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7560/?
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1187/?
tesgeneral.com/unrecommended
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Things from the last thread stay in the last thread.

Waifus
Lore
Harmony!

*blocks your path*

All these cool monsters and no underwater combat to go with it.

Remember to smile

You mean all the Cumtears shitposting?

>SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work withspecial edition

Why is that?

Are the devs behind those 2 out of the biz or something?

SE is cancer.

waifulaifu

SKSE's on semi-hiatus and nobody knows if it'll see the light of day. The creator of ENB publicly stated that SSE's too much of a hassle to deal with.

with SKSE important people who contribute have left or gone on hiatus due to real world busy schedules.

With ENB, the guy who made it moved on to other projects because it was a headache to deal with.

Will follower/skin mods that claim to be for SE work in regular skyrim?

>why? why? huwhy? howhY? hawaii?
shhh, just enjoy the todd dick penetrating you slowly

no lube btw

Neither wants to go through the trouble of basically completely redoing the mod they already did but for a slightly different game

I feel like the model that SIC and Sea of Spirits uses is alot better than what Mihail made. I mean, Mihail tried to make it like the conecpt art, but god damn those faces.

It's really sad, it's why I dropped Sea of Spirits. It's a great mod, but with no underwater combat I have no reason to go into the sea and see the beasts.

SKSE is basically confirmed cancelled and Boris doesnt give a shit about SSE whatsoever

Why haven't I seen a centaur waifu yet?

Miel a cute!

>god damn those faces.
But that's how they are in Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Absurdly difficult to get to a functioning state in this game.

I wouldn't sweat it. Most of the big mods have made the switch to SSE without relying on SKSE, and there are plenty of ways to make it look pretty damn good, including a few pseudo-ENB's. On top of that, SSE is more stable than Oldrim by a wide margin, from my experience.

Granted, it all depends on the type of mods you like to use. I don't fuck with all this bodyslider waifu nonsense, so I made the switch to SSE pretty happily. Hell, I've even gotten used to vanilla inventory again after 100 hours or so.

Which waifus wouldn't mind me digging my face into their ass and asking them to fart on me?

It doesn't look right, something about it just seems off and jarring.

Might just be me though.

How so? There's animal followers and centaur skeletons available

Theo is sad. Stop stopping him to fuck ladies my dear snek.

>tfw no gobbo healslut follower

Maxeen and Anne

I hate mexican nord man

Go to bed Todd. We're not rebuying Skyrim.

>tfw you will never go whaling with a bunch of nords
>tfw they allude to whaling in nordic murals
>tfw you will never split your lungs with blood and thunder

That means nothing. You would have to make an entirely new set of animations, rig to a new skeleton, adjust collision size. Not to mention there's no way to implement new animations aside from using behaviors which is clunky af.

There's one centaur race mod but it's almost useless, iirc you can't even enter interiors with it.

todd!

I already bought SSE, when are you going to release skyrim multiplayer edition so I can rebuy your game!?

That's pretty much Anne's goal in life, to find someone like

Best weather mods that are compatible with Frostfall?

climates of tamriel Redux

Why did you print off your screenshot, piss all over it, and then scan it and upload it?

You're not, but hundreds of thousands have already and continue to, and many others mod for it. I'm quite certain Bethesda doesn't need you lot to buy their game. All I'm saying is that the modding scene for SSE is more than healthy, and there are no shortages of workarounds for the lack of ENB and SKSE support.

W-why?

I'm only saving him from cum hungry bloodsuckers.

One day we won't be limited by an engine, user.

because he looks like a mexican and not a nord

hes also a really shitty nord

Well, could be better if he make them more like pic related, more humanoids and less "heavy" looking.

TODD GET YOUR SLEEP WE NEED YOU AT HALF CAPACITY TO START TES VI IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS

Okay, that's all very nice, but nobody was talking about any of that, we're talking about SKSE and ENB, which SSE will never have.

Why did you lash out and be rude just because I'm playing devil's advocate here? My Skyrim looks quite nice to me, and it runs better than Oldrim did with the host of visual mods I had going for it. I've personally always been a fan of the heavy saturation with ENB's, it's a nice departure from the muted colors of vanilla.

So you're ok with Cheyenne?
Good to know. CHEYNNE YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

Which is what I was addressing. The modding scene for SSE has moved on without either and doesn't really need them.

>Why did you lash out and be rude just because I'm playing devil's advocate here?
I didn't, I lashed out and was rude because your game looks offensively ugly.

>My Skyrim looks quite nice to me
And that says volumes about the taste of SSE defenders.

Redpill me on the thread drama.

I don't intend to fuck him.

I understand there's difficulty in it but that doesn't mean it's impossible. There's been a lot of work put into mods that promise a lot more than "centaur waifu" and deliver. And with the popularity of all flavors of monster girls and female follower mods it seems doubly bizarre there's been no attempt at making one. It just seems odd one still hasn't been added, hypothetical difficulty aside.

I also think you're blowing it out of proportion. You wouldn't need need to make "an entirely new set of animations", just re purpose and adjust old ones. Collision size is a concern sure but she doesn't need to be gigantic. If she was, and even if she functioned like a normal mount and couldn't go inside of buildings or dungeons I still think it'd be baller to ride her around.

Maybe you could just admit there hasn't been many attempts at it and the people who make waifu mods do so because they're easy to do and competent modders making more demanding mods tend to spurn waifus?

Its all one user talking to himself

What, specifically, looks ugly about it? Where are your screenshots so you can show me the error of my ways?

More like the chance of you finding someone that skilled, that dedicated, and that fanatical about centaur girls, is exceptionally rare.

>What, specifically, looks ugly about it?
Sure, here you go:

IT'S. TOO. FUCKING. YELLOW.

Mods that SSE doesn't have:

>No Ultimate Combat/Dragons
>No Complete Crafting Overhaul
>No Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul
>No iHUD
>No RM or ECE
>No SmartCast for magic
>No Extensible Follower Framework
>More than half of ENB features gone.
>No Vigilant/Darkend quests (arguably the best quest mods out there)
>No XPMSE
>No TK Dodge
>No Immersive College for Winterhold
>No Alternative Crafting System - I dont want to be a blacksmith
>No Aesir Armor
>No Colorful Magic
>No ETaC
>No Wet and Cold
>No Poser Hotkeys
>No Wearable Lanterns
>No Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
>No DyndoLOD

>just re purpose and adjust old ones.

there are plenty of animations to make spears usable but we still haven't had a stable spears mod

its a lot harder than you think

The piss filter. Even worse than deus ex hr.

>get blown the fuck out
>petty reply rephrasing the closing point
'kay then

Why do you hate snek?

In certain mods with dialogue with no recorded audio, the subtitles pass far too quickly to read. I know there's a mod out there to fix it but I can't find it. Anyone know what it is?

I could post a wall of text explaining how retardedly difficult it is to make something like that fully functional in this game, but I just don't feel like humoring someone that doesn't know shit about shit. The fact that you mentioned "animal followers" like it means anything speaks volumes.

PS: Centaur waifus are shit waifus.

w-we moved on without those
m-muh stability

What's the story of vigilant about?

The thing about SSE and the lack of SKSE is that from the standpoint of someone who hasn't used it before, you don't really notice the absence. But for those who actually use SKSE's features and functions the lack is incredibly overt and noticeable.

The biggest grievances are :
1) The lack of MCM
2) No community uncapper equivalent
3) The inability to bind custom hotkeys for mods
4) Lack of a good dodge mod
5) Lack of expanded character creation options
6) No HDT physics
The list is exhaustive.

Even mods which have managed to be partially ported over are horribly, horribly gimped compared to the full-featured ones from Oldrim.

Yeah, you could play SSE and find enjoyment. But the truth is that we'll likely never get the variety, functionality, and versatility that Oldrim has. It's like playing on consoles, really - severely limited compared to what's possible.

Any mod that's made in an afternoon and then abandoned by the author quickly will be unstable, no duh. Conceptually spears aren't inherently unstable and it's asinine to think they are. But when Soolie dropped his unfinished work on the Out Tray that's why we need things like Soolie's Spears Reanimate.

Yeah, you post that objectifying nonsense and I'm the one with poor taste. Sunrises tend to be rather yellow, it's a combination of the ENB I'm using and I believe the weather mod.

Nobody is arguing that it's impossible, user. The guy said that it was incredibly difficult and then gave you the technical reasons why it's incredibly difficult.

Yes, someone who is sufficiently talented and motivated could easily make a centaur race that isn't shit.

No, nobody has stepped forward yet to do so. Nobody here thinks that the amount of time and effort required is worth it. Perhaps someone will eventually create one, but I doubt it'll be soon.

Doesn't have Skytweak so that list there doesn't even matter anyway.

it has Wildcat and its successor, Smilodon
yep
yep
yep
yep
yep, I never bothered with it tho
it does, just not as extravagant nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7003/?
yep
yep, real fucking shame
has something similar nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988/?
it has ultimate dodge mod which is very functional
yep, never bothered with it tho
yep
never heard of it
oh no, what a loss
yep, that actually is a loss
yes, it does nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/644/?
yep
yes, it does nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7560/?
yes, it does nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1187/?
yep

the game is very stalbe all it really needs is SKSE and a fucntional MO

you literally have no idea what you're talking about. conceptually the perfect video game exists, conceptually we're all well rounded successful people who live on the isle of pleasure, but in reality thats nigh impossible.

No TK Dodge is the biggest thing for me. I've tried ultimate dodge mod and it's garbage imo.

I've never been able to get spears by soolie to work

what is your secret?

>You wouldn't need need to make "an entirely new set of animations", just re purpose and adjust old ones.
Do you have any experience working with animating 3d models in video games? I'm not trying to criticize you for a lack of experience, but the truth is that it's a lot more difficult than you may believe.

If it was easy then it would have been done by now. I've seen enough interest from enough sources that a simple mod would have been made. The reason it hasn't? It's not nearly as simple as it sounds.

>ultimate dodge mod which is very functional
I've heard quite a few people complain that it's finicky as hell and doesn't work at all in 1st person, is that true?

>shittalking colorful magic
This is why nobody takes your side seriously

For me it's more reliable than TK Dodge ever was, as that always had a fair amount of lag between the input and the animation.

no nobody takes my side seriously because it has less than 1/5 of the mods, no waifus, no ENB, and I paid for my game twice

it has nothing to do with colourful shit

>OLDRIM >>>>>>>>>special needs edition >>>colourful magic users

step off nerd

Look nobody's telling you what to enjoy, just don't expect anyone to respect your opinion when you express taste that 99% of people find disagreeable
If I was trying to convince someone of the merits of my political opinions I wouldn't preface it with "As a pedophile,"

What're some mods that're popular on the nexus but are actually putrid shit?

I need an evasion list to go with my essential list

Wildcat and Smilodon are a huge joke, shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation as UC. UMD is even bigger of a joke.
TK Dodge is only ever laggy on toasters. Besides, UMD is not even compatible with FNIS...

tesgeneral.com/unrecommended

>colourful
Cor blimey go jack off to the queen's inbred ladydick

Anything by EnaiSiaion

was spears by soolie made in one afternoon? that sounds amazing

why is it that a stable or better version hasn't be recreated?
we have plenty of fighting animations but why haven;t they been converted into different kinds of attacks?
the 2H axe power attack could have been repurposed into a two fisted overhead smash for unarmed users but hasn't yet
the sneaking uppercut animation could have been repurposed into a new power attack for unarmed users but hasn't yet

funny how it's been 6 years and no one has bothered to do such easy things

I only installed it a few months ago but it's been perfect for me, no input lag at all. Were you using an older version?

And you didn't answer the question about if it loses functionality when playing in 1st person.

Speaking of, for those who do play in 1st person I know quite a few people who think the world of the 'enhanced 1st person camera' type mods; do those exist for SSE?

>implying i'm not murican

my childhood was full of Neopets so there is nothing I can do about it, you damn faerie

>Terrible opinion
>That spacing and wording
>>>r/skyrim

are you using NMM or MO2?

>do those exist for SSE?
Nope, yet another useless mod that the sse master race has simply evolved beyond ever needing a use for
STABILITY HEIL

So out of 21 mods, you have 14 which it lacks entirely, 3 that are missing but have alternatives, 2 that are present but with reduced functionality from Oldrim, and 2 that actually are present and working as well as they do in Oldrim.

I gotta say, I'm really thankful you posted the list. I knew SSE was horribly lacking in mods but I didn't realize just how bad the situation was until you posted this.

1) your game looks terrible
2) if your Oldrim was unstable it's your own fault, plus it's pretty hard to make SSE unstable since it has no mods
3) you narrow minded cunts always jump to the conclusion that waifu and sex mods are the only reason people value Oldrim and SKSE and it really makes you look dumb

>le ordinator is bad maymay

I'm trying, user! Soon, maybe!

Not him but while I wouldn't say it's bad it's also hardly the essential mod that enai fanboys have made it out to be

>I knew SSE was horribly lacking in mods but I didn't realize just how bad the situation was until you posted this

does that mean you were uninformed in your memeing?
were you only parroting information?

that's a sloppy way to live, senpai

not him but I have a decent amount of mods for SSE

It's true. I thought the numbers were much closer to 50% than 10%. I gave SSE more credit than it deserved.

Go on then, tell us how many.

>sunrises tend to be yellow
>screenshot is covered in piss yellow
>"""tend to be"""
Also I'm glad that I don't live wherever you live at that makes the sunrise look horrendously yellow.

you're still memeing user

>I thought the numbers were much closer to 50%
you don't even believe that, user