What's my best choice for a used wagon under $7000? Subaru Outback?

What's my best choice for a used wagon under $7000? Subaru Outback?

I want to get something that I can put camping gear in/fishing rods/lumber and still fit four adults on occasion. Crew cab trucks are out of my price range unless they are complete pieces of shit, and they get far worse gas mileage.

put 5k down and finance a used tsx sportwagon if you have a job.

Giving money for a Honda Accord new? Are you retarded?

no one said anything about new dumbass.

Outback, forester. Or save $5k and get a shitbox xterra.

>newer
my bad

Yes, go for the scoobydoo. I love mine. Wonderful cars.

a tsx wagon is infinitely better than a shit subaru and nicer than a shitbox mazda or euro wagon

Mazda has a wagon, or is it a wagon/crossover abomination?

the only mazda wagon we got in the us is the 6 from the mid 2000s and by now most are shitboxes.

>a honda is infinitely better
[citation needed] friend

I drive a Mazda hatch, that's about as close as it gets

This doesn't look anywhere near as spacious as the Outback, and there's only 2 for sale within 100 miles of me.

the seats fold genius. and you should be happy trading a tiny amount of capacity for better reliability. who cares about distance? I drove 300 for my car.

Maybe he doesn't wanna take a bus that far away

I'm aware they fold, but in the Outback the tightest point is between the relatively small wheel wells. Here the wheel wells stick far more in and are far higher than they need to be. Even with the seats folded you end up with a choke point because of that.

The main reason why I want a wagon instead of going with a sedan or some small SUV is the cargo capacity that nearly matches that of a small truck bed, so it's not easy for me to justify giving that up.

Pic related is an Outback.

Buying a second hand car is like lottery. You cannot in any way be sure that it is going to be more reliable than buying a subaru. Not to mention the fact that there is a lot more chance to find a good second hand car with broader choice. Not to mention, that he needs to finance that car. Not to mention that it's lower, less spacious and that the subaru can reach places that the honda can't really imagine.

Become part of the Subaru Loyale master race

Save up for the based 2.5xt

You're comparing two completely different vehicles. The new outback is a massive crossover and has a shitty CVT. The TSX is much more similar to the older outback in the OP.

the tsx doesn't have head gasket issues. it doesn't have an awd system to maintain. most are new enough that they're one owner so they haven't been beat to shit so the reliability is way better.

All those citations that are needed

I like my '08 H6 Outback, OP.