What's the most unexpected thing that's happened to you while driving?

What's the most unexpected thing that's happened to you while driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jg_jfM8P2Fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I received a blowjob from a friend (female).

Cruising down a twisty canyon road at a fair speed, come around one bend and there's this fucking car coming at me about four feet off the ground, spinning through the air in the other lane. Luckily he stayed in his lane, 'cause no time to react. Windshield got sprayed with his coolant, since he smashed front end before flying through the air... that's how close he was.

my driveshaft fucking shattered in my old v6 mustang.

I wasn't driving, but fuck me did I not expect this to happen
>driving through one of the only snowy areas in australia with family in part time awd car
>only been driving for about 2 hours, still have like 6 to go.
>cold day, snowed overnight and was still snowing
>going around a light left bend, speed seemed fine
>suddenly the car slips, and we've rotated 90 degrees
>we must've hit some ice hidden underneath the snow or something, fuck knows
>everyone just about shits themselves
>dad spins the steering full lock to the right, can't remember if he braked or gave it some gas
>regain a bit of traction before losing it again
>car does a full 180 degree spin to the right from the momentum
>sit there for about 30 seconds before dad begins to drive again
>no one says anything for the next hour
that was easily the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. luckily the road was wide and there were crash barriers just in case.

entire exhaust and muffler fall out

cruising about 110 in benz when a hill appears. at the bottom of the hill there is a road that connects forming a T
>>drunk bastard decides to go but then changes mind and skids right into my lane
>>massive diesel truck in other lane coming towards me
>>primal instinct forces me to try to go around
>>guy in truck thankfully pulls straight into ditch at last second
>>missed death by a few inches all the way around

Hydroplaned on I-90 and did two full rotations before winding up in the ditch. Happened so fast I could barely process it. Luckily there weren't any cars around me, and the worst thing I had to do was pull some grass out of my hub caps.

today i hit a huge dip at about 130. may aswell have been a fucking jump tho. rear end got some hang time but the car seems ok

>cruising along
>change into 6th
>hear a fucking huge explosion from the center console like an airbag went off
>fear it's an electrical problem, scared to touch anything incase I get electrocuted
>pull over to see what the fuck went wrong
>cant see any damage to anything, look under the car it's fine, engine bay is fine
>no warning lights, no nothing, car starts and drives fine
>figure whatever who cares and continue driving home
>20 minutes later
>engine cuts out while overtaking shitboxes doing 100MPH+
>put car in neutral, try to restart it, just turning over
>probably doing like 40MPH now in the outside lane, people probably think I'm retarded
>manage to make it over to the side of the road
>no shoulder
>it's a little after rush hour and people are passing dangerously close to my car since there's no room
>I'm certainly not a mechanic and I'm not about to try and fix a shitbox while parked in the middle of a 70MPH road
>wait for tow truck
>he tows to a safe place
>can't fix it
>tow to garage
>fuel injection system is fucked, $2000
>cry

i shat myself while alone in the car
plot twist: it was my gf's car
another plot twist: i parked the car in front of her house, left my shitty pants in the car and then broke up with her by txt message

Exactly! A few feet more into my lane, and car would've went right into my windshield, possibly decapitating me and my then gf. In fact, it happened so fast, we just looked at each other like, WTF?

Then turned around to make sure occupants of other vehicle were OK. They were, just a bit banged up though. Their car was most likely a complete write-off.

kek

>fear it's an electrical problem, scared to touch anything incase I get electrocuted
lol wut how baked are you stoner

It was disorientating.

I bet if a grenade went off in your car while you were just cruising along you wouldn't even flinch, would you? Are you pic related?

here's a fun experiment, go outside and touch both terminals on your battery, Be amazed when you don't get shocked. 12vs is not enough to penetrate human skin. Unless you have one of very few cars that came with a 40v system you can not get shocked.

/r/ someone ID what car that is

>go outside and touch both terminals on your battery
You can't make me, I won't do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=jg_jfM8P2Fw

now admit your a blithering idiot who knows nothing about cars

Pedestrians and bad drivers forcing me to emergency maneuver.

weird so your saying that car electricity is safe huh? wanna do me a solid and hold my coil wire while i crank to check for spark?

You can't trick me.

got a match on tinder

there is a 0 chance that the electricity from your coil pack can travel through the block->transmission->shifter to shock you. More over if your in the car the car will always be a better ground than you are thus making the following statement retarded:

lol its simple science stoner, of course if you lay a wrench across its gonna fucking blow but even that wouldn't shock you.

12v only works if you conduct it thats why when you are using it on somone they need to ahave fillings or cundictive surberical implants (you can make your own with a copper spike and a hammer) and you have to get bare meadal to conduct but if you get to the meat and put 12v to it theyll tell you everything

theres always a chance for anything to happen or else nothing would happin in the universe dont hate on the careful jusyt beacuse they fear for there own saftey it just means they enjoy life more than you

I'm afraid to tell you that your autism has progressed much faster than we had anticipated and i'm moving your prognosis to terminal status. Its amazing people like you remember to breathe. It is 100% impossible to get shocked in the manner described above. Look up the concept common ground and learn the fundamentals of electricity. This is a board for car enthusiasts not retards

so your saying there is 0 chance right 100 percent cant happen in any way imaginable right ok so lets say a coil wire stripped to core from heat rubbs up against sub wire dsconnected form batter but still in car sub wire runs under driveers seast is half inch form bare leg wearing shorts + chair is old and worn so metal sticks out on frame next to mounting bolts what happens genius you tel me cause it hurt like hell

>obligatory

That was the most autistic run on sentence i've ever tried to read in my life. I honestly hope for your sake that your trolling.Do you even think or is your mouth just another orifice you shit out of?

so thats a :i cant give a different explanation for your electrocution you suffered but im way to fucking narcissistic to say i could have been wrong"

>Cruising rather deserted highway in western Massachusetts at noon on a Wednesday
>in my RHD MGB, doing about 65 in center lane
>pickup truck ahead of me doing about 60
>as I get within 4 car lengths, a chunk of firewood flies out of the bed and crashed through my windshield on the left half and breaks the passenger seat in half
>had it been a LHD car, I would be ultradead

That was 6 years ago and to this day I won’t be behind a pickup for more than a split second.

so what the fuck happend

The seat would be a ground, so would the metal that wore through the plug lead.
But anyway, the high voltage ignition system can't hurt you either, it's just surprising, not lethal or even painful.

While I fully understand 12v electrics cannot overcome the resistance of your skin, for some reason on one of my cars if I squeeze the horn contacts together I get a small shock.

oh it hurts if your running 8 grand on a 4 cylander i think its somthing like 120 shocks a second

If it's a plug lead it doesn't matter how many cylinders you goof.
That only matters if it's the lead from the coil pack to the distributor.

Also shocks per second is pretty much irrelevant, it's essentially a constant shock.
And it definitely doesn't hurt. I've been shocked by spark leads plenty of times.
I also am a professional electriction, and in north america 99% of your outlets won't harm you either. 15a @ 120v doesn't hurt. It's just "shocking"

was down syndrome responsible for this post?

i clearly said in the manner above, but sure if you go out of your way to get shocked by the ignition system its possible. It doesn't just accidentally happen. Unless you are extremely negligent in how you wired your "sub" there is no feasible way that situation would happen.

Learn about cars and learn to spell before you post on here faggot.

ya it must be some retard that felt pain and got told by online knowitalls that have no practical experience only theorys that he didnt what a fucking idiot he must be

ya your right no way at all 0 chance i mean oh no i got you mean 0 way unless it does got ya my bad

BRO ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?? reread the whole conversation and try to justify not being autistic. I said in the manner described above. Do you understand what that means or is english not the first language in your shithole country.

Once I arrived at my destination without a single person doing something stupid and pissing me off.

I have 2

>18
>driving daddy's jeep
>going 75 down freeway with everyone else
>suddenly van right ahead about 50 feet away swerves like a mofo out of the lane
>uh wut
>see black thing where van was
>maybe .5-.75 of a second later it turns out to be a tire and it's like 5 feet from me
>the black asphalt background didn't help this situation
>being inexperienced at the time my brain decides to "oh shit" now, and start sending the "swerve nigga swerrrve" commands later
>SLAM
>tire hits top of grill/hood shrecking the radiator but magically sails over the windshield and roof, otherwise I would have taken glass, rubber, or some unpleasant combination of the two to the face
>turns out dude in shitbox managed to lose all of his lug nuts off his front right while driving and the tire noped off and hopped the center barrier

>be about 13 months ago
>living in Alaska
>2nd winter so I'm king of driving on ice and snow with my rwd sportsmobile
>driving my shitbox beater, still rwd 5 speed sportsmobile, but has all seasons instead of property winters like my good car
suprisingly though it literally never got stuck anywhere and plus I aint about to spend 800+ on snow tires for a $1000 car
>anyway, I need to go to town so I drive up the street and on to the on ramp with no problems with the usual ice over every square inch of road
>but holy fuck the ice of the freeway, apparently on this day at this particular time became a frictionless superconductor
>the second my tires left the ramp for the freeway my ass end tried to become the front end
>it's not even a sharp turn, it just all of the sudden had 0 grip
>nope
>countersteer and correct it, only for the back to swing out the other way
>nopenopenope
>trying to brake even in the slightest bit causes an even harder 180 attempt from the car, so literally can only use the friction of the frictionless ice to slow down
>continue this song and dance of yelling NOPE and going lock to lock for probably a solid 5 minutes
>not like omg it felt like 3 hours but was only 6 minutes, but for 300 legitimate Mississippi seconds
>other vans and trucks on the road are doing the same thing, some people have said fuck it and parked on the shoulders waiting for summer I guess
>oh also, this is happening while crawling along at less than 10 mph with the car doing everything it can to end up in the 6 foot snow filled ditch
>luckily after like a mile of fighting my car tooth and nail I reached a turn off for some side streets and got on the bitch as fast as I could
>just like when I got on the freeway, the microsecond my tires left the freeway I had good normal grip (for ice) and I took my adrenaline soaked ass right back home
>I was there for 2.5 years, and I have never experienced this level of slippery ice before this and never again after

I love that feeling like time has slowed down when you're in an accident avoidance situation, you remember so much of something even though it's only a few seconds.

>be me
>be 19, have 2.5 V6 diesel AWD Audi A4
>as everyone knows, every 19 year old in a diesel audi quattro is basically walter röhrl
>absolutely pissing down with rain
>car has dogshit tyres on the rear
>take roundabout in second gear
>downhill and slightly off camber
>floor the throttle because I'm an expert rally driver
>loud roar as all of my engine's horses are put hard to work
>pinned to my seat due to the immense acceleration of a 1700KG car being powered by a massive 177BHP
>rear immediately shits the bed and is headed for kerb
>used to driving on snow where you just floor it and it magically regains traction
>that doesn't happen
>countersteer hard
>now headed for the other kerb
>in the other lane now, still fishtailing
>counter steer again
>headed for other kerb
>car has very little steering angle and very slow steering, flailing like a retard
>regain grip
>probably three seconds passed but felt like a lifetime
>guy in van behind probably thought I was a moron
>would have crashed if someone was in the other lane
>realise I'm not walter röhrl
>hand in my rally licence on the way home, give up my career as a professional racing driver

>be me a year or two ago
>driving my 1970 dodge
>turn corner
>sudden loud bang
>gas pedal suddenly on the floor
>all I see it white smoke from the tire in my mirror
>start flying down the road and can't get pedal to come back
can't remember after that for a little bit but it was a curvy road
>coming to end of the road and see a redlight
>snap out of it
>turn off the ignition
>another loud bang
>radiator hose burst and white smoke everywhere
>smelled like antifreeze and brakes
Luckily I got it close to a friends shop when it died so I just got it towed there

>A wheel flew off of a nearby car, barely missing me.
>Watched a man die in a street race - brains and blood everywhere (he was on a motorcycle; the tree he hit shattered both his helmet and his skull).
>Saw most of family of 5 die in a minivan after getting T-boned at less than 30 mph b/c someone got antsy in stop-n-go traffic.
>Saw a household vacuum standing upright in the middle of a [very] raised on-ramp curve.
>I've had many birds hit my windshield when I had an STi.
>I once unexpectedly threw up in said subaru when overdosing on opium.
>I've exchanged many waves and smiles with other drivers also smoking cannablunts.
>I've also seen quite a few trucks flip over for various reasons.

I was just doing 105 mph on the german speed road when suddenly i hear loud banging noise. when i got home it turned out to be the antenna that was slamming up and down.
PIC RELATED poo car

>driving through LA (first mistake) on the 101
>A old as fuck shitbox is infront of me
>no plates, paint is almost gone
>the rear windows have cardboard over them with something written on most of it
>I move to the left to pass the tweaker mobile
>good decision because as I over take him the back right wheel starts smoking and flies off the shitbox
>tire rolls down the road against traffic a bit but doesn't hit anyone (for once the highway wasn't packed)
>the shitbox is trailing sparks and still smoking, driver pulls to the side
not the most heart racing thing but it was kind of comical and the closest ive been to what could have been a major accident.

made me laugh
thx user

>Merging on freeway from on ramp.
>Going 75mph and signaling.
>Some douche in a 90s Honda in the slow lane tries to speed up to keep me from getting on.
> I floor it, get two car lengths ahead and merge over in front of him. I didn't even cut him off.
> He moves over to the left lane to drive beside me and just mean mugs me.
> He rear ends the car in front of him that was going like 60 MPH while he was doing 75mph.
> He panic swerves to the left, probably at full lock then back to the right trying to regain control. I slow down enough to watch him panic swerves back to the right in front of my vehicle.
>He loses control and goes down an embankment. Huge dirt cloud appears where he crashes.
> In honk my horn ”toot toot!" As I drive by.

>thinking your ignition system generates 12V
Are you actually fucking retarded or have you just never worked on a car before?

damn Breivik is ripped these days

voltage has nothing to do with it. It's the current that hurts you.

>t.

>other vans and trucks on the road are doing the same thing, some people have said fuck it and parked on the shoulders waiting for summer I guess

He is right you imbecile.

Ohhh boy. I have so many.

>be me, 4 years ago
>driving Fiat Punto
>coming to a roundabout, stop, nobody coming, drive away
>sudden bang, and awful dragging noises. Almost stopped car came completely to a halt.
>get out of car, see engine on the ground.
Engine mounts shattered and the whole engine, gearbox and exhaust system went to shit. Turns out the mechanic had overtorqued the engine mount and the head cracked at the threads.
If it had happened 10 seconds later I'd be doing 90 on the highway. Fucking mechanics.

Few months later...
>be me
>driving samecar
>coming home at night on the highway, not far from where the previous story happened.
>all the electronics on the car turned off. No lights, no instruments, but engine still working
>wtf???
>park the car at the door, go to sleep, investigate in the morning
>in the morning everything works fine
>wtf?????????
>get in the car and get on the freeway
>after a few miles, radio shuts off, then the engine, car completely dead on the side of the freeway
Mechanic did not properly tighen the nut that held the +12V wire to the alternator. Was literally running on battery for two days until it went completely. Fucking mechanics.

Cont.

Dont listen to him it makes mustard gas

Continued...

>be me
>driving down the highway in me mom's Carnival
>great fucking truck, that Carnival!
>driving smoothly down the highway, BAM!
>huge fucking noise under the car, rear jumped to the side at ~ 100mph
>"O shit I blew a tyre! Please stop!"
>Manage to stop the small bus, get out of it shivering
>All tires OK
>Huge block of stone on the middle of the road, same color as the pavement
Scared the living shit out of me.

Another story...
>be me
>riding motorcycle to work (yeah I hate traffic)
>on the highway, filtering through traffic (so?)
>lady on the car beside me, talking on the phone
>fails to brake and slams her shitbox into the car in front just as I went by
>huge bang and bits of shitbox flying around me
Scared shitless again.

So an average day in Australia then

>Overdosing on opium in an sti.
Kys

Fucked up alternators suck, I was driving over this shitty old bridge (since demolished) at night in heavy traffic when that happened to me, headlights were basically dimmed into uselessness, couldn't go above 40mph (A/T), no shoulder, just hoping that some redneck doesn't plow into my ass

There was clearly room for them to pull out.

One more...

>be me
>driving me old Fiat Punto
>taking the belt outside the city to get in at the other end
>lots of roundabouts on the belt, because belt
>catch oil on the middle of a roundabout
>lose the rear
>come out of the roudabout fully sideways
>car snaps to the other side, facing a light pole
>nononononononono
>hold it, snaps to the other side, handbrake, 180º in the middle of the road to stop it
>car stops facing the opposite direction
>look to the side, two cops drinking their coffee and staring at me
>put the car in gear, drive the fuck off like it was regular business before they came after me

Another sad story...
>be me, 3yrs ago
>driving my miata home after yearly inspection (yeah there's those in yurop)
>doing about 110km/h (80mph?) on the highway
>car is turboed, around 200rwhp
>black Audi A4 tailgating me agressively.
>floor it, shitbox Audi is completely left behind
>few months later, get a speeding ticket.
>registered at 187km/h by the traffic police in their Audi A4
>nearly lose my license
Got fined again the next year, same day, same car, going to the inspection again, but by a hidden speed camera.

>get new sportscar
>go hit twisties
>big truck with trailer infront of me doing 10 in a 40 area on a 2 lane road
>keep peeking left until I find a long stretch of road and I am sure nobody is coming
>start overtaking
>midway through overtaking a fucking bike coming opposite direction out of fucking nowhere
>I pull right, he pulls his right, all 3 of us fit on the road thanks to my car being tiny
Now I have stopped overtaking shit.

what car is that?

>Driving back home on thanksgiving
>fucking bike rider decides to cross the street on a green light while not looking at oncoming traffic
>gets halfway to the center lane (my lane) by the time I get to him
>decide it's better to not honk or anything so he doesn't do something unexpected
>he notices me at the last second and looks like a deer caught in the headlights
>go around him on the left

I saw him the entire time, but someone being that senseless and trying to cross a busy road on a fucking green light was unexpected.

>voltage has nothing to do with it. It's the current that hurts you.

I assure you buddy boi, voltage hurts a hell of alot. Can temporarily blind you, can disrupt your sense of smell, can make you lose muscle control. Oh it hurts alright. Grabbing a coil wire is like getting soccer kicked in the shoulder 200 times a second. Oh, and it can light clothing on fire too, rayon and polyester especially.

So yes, current can KILL, but voltage still HURTS.

Most underrated comment of the fiscal year

Slid sideways through a ditch in a 3/4 ton truck, didnt roll doing about 50 in winter through a curve, kept driving in the feild and exited a culvert, never completely stopped.
>ford v10/10

... and the only reason the voltage hurts is because of the current it's carrying you giganigger

good choice of beer though

spontaneous drag race versus a tomos automatic, offroad drift battle vs a lada, slowly driving by people in a lowered golf mk2 with eurobeat blasting, and though not technically driving, surfing on a fiat van

>Was driving with friend in car.
>We are going over an overpass in provo Utah. >There is a car on fire in the emergency lane.
>Traffic is moving slow.
>As soon as we are passing it, something in it explodes.

That's pretty much it.

>driving in snow
>perfect visibility, no fog, no falling snow at the moment
>go to pull over to eat my sandwich
>see a nice little spot
>*SSSSSLLLLLAMMMM*
>almost headbutt steering wheel
>drove over a dugout flower bed thing which was covered in snow
>car was fine
>ate my sandwich

Cockroach from the air ducts

that happened to me before when I was going 60. ended up punching it on reaction and having the guts splatter across my windshield

I believe the trans caught fire. It was a fresh 700hp build.

>trans caught fire
literally what?
Trans fluid has a pretty damn high flash point. Well above 100*C. Gear oil has an even higher flash point.

>Driving behind car on a combined Autobahn on- and off-ramp
>We're on the on-ramp part
>Car changes onto the off-ramp lane
>Drives onto Autobahn in the wrong direction

>doing 130 on roads you're unfamiliar with

>waiting at stop sign
>traffic thick enough that gaps are all but nonexistent
>cunt in decade-old C-Class stops half an inch from my rear bumper
>think nothing of it
>no gaps
>she inches closer
>awkward gap opens
>take it
>have to stop at next intersection literally 50 feet away
>look in mirror
>cunt in mercedes attempts to pass using a no-parking zone on the right
>hit the brakes because she's clearly going to do something retarded to make the turn
>she floors it and t-bones a Chevy Trailblazer that was going through the intersection
>Benz starts overheating immediately
>she stops on the front of someone's driveway and gets out
>she's in pain
>she wasn't wearing a seatbelt
>stop and run over to the Trailblazer to see if they're okay
>a man and his baby had their belts on; they're okay (baby's perfectly fine, the dad is exasperated but fine)
>village maintenance truck passing by stops and helps clean up
>call 911, police come
>tell officer the bitch tried to go around me, tried to go through the intersection without stopping and t-boned the Blazer
>she lets me go

>bitch's insurance calls a week and a half later
>it's USAA
>she's an Army wife
>tell her agent that she didn't stop at an intersection and t-boned the guy
>the agent knows that it was on her
>"have a nice day, user"

What baffles me is that an hour later, I saw the same guy still driving the Blazer just a quarter mile away from where the accident happened.

It's certainly a Volvo, and I'm fairly certain it's a 240, but don't quote me on that. That video was actually originally posted by a mentally deficient user talking about how cool he was doing the tougue.

Holy fucking kek you're right, it's a Volvo 240. I don't know why but I always thought this WEBM was of a MR2.

>overdosing on heroin while driving
im guessing australia?

>be me
>driving 2001 Passat estate through a country road at the dead of night in foggy conditions
>doing about 40mph
>about to take bend
>suddenly everything goes pitch black
>wtf, extremely confused and disorientated for a second
>all the lights cut out, headlights, dash lights, everything
>slam in brakes as soon as I realise this
>hear a loud BANG and the car jolting as I hit into some trees and continue going into a field
>light come back on after plowing through the field

honestly makes me frightened to drive at night now

>drive halfway across country in rustbucket with clenched butthole waiting for something to break
>36 hours of driving and cooling down later, 5 miles from home everything is fine
>BANG
>car skidding, control to side of road
>get out and check exploded tire with 1k miles on it
>brake drum red hot
>brake fluid catches fire
>fire grows bigger, catches rubber too
>pour antifreeze on it (DONT DO THIS, ANTIFREEZE IS FLAMMABLE!)
>fire grows way bigger, threatens gas tank
>firetruck shows up and extinguishes flame
>still restoring it a year and a half later
pic related

>VAG electronics

Now get a coil, touch both wires to the battery terminals while holding the ends, then disconnect them

>be cruising home late night in my civic
>tired and lots of cops out so just kinda chilling last car in pack of three
>out of nowhere a truck bumper (appears to be a ranger's) comes flying out from under the accord in front of me
>no time/space to react
>FuckMe.jpeg
>imapct shitbox at 75mph
>makes ear piercing noise as it slides underneath my undercarriage
>pull over at closest available exit that is somewhat nignog free
>undercarriage is surprisingly fine
>phew
>over next month hear exhaust rattle at idle
>take to shop and discover the impact bent the fuck out of one of the metal underliner pieces
>never tailgate again.png

>>pour antifreeze on it (DONT DO THIS, ANTIFREEZE IS FLAMMABLE!)
kek how the fuck did you not know this. it smells like alcohol, which means it contains it which is also why it doesn't freeze.

i made the mistake of going into a phd program, and while wadding through that shit creek i "oversaw" installation of new analytic equipment in the lab that i was in.

the equipment was being installed by a quintessential boomer faggot that has worked for the company for nearly 30 years. he fucked up the installation because he didn't properly tighten the gas delivery lines so we ended up losing $600 worth of a gas in a week that usually lasts us a year.

not a tremendous loss, but fact is how can you be that big of a fuck up when doing the same thing for so many years? worst part is that he didn't properly tighten every single connection.

Even the ignition system doesn't hurt if you get zapped

Current is derived from voltage and resistance. You can have 10kV go through you as long as it’s low amperage

>driving at night in shitbox Miata on empty country roads
>suddenly black smoke is billowing out of the vents and engine bay
>look in mirror and see glowing coals falling out of my car
>fuckfuckfuck
>pull over and turn car off
>pop open hood
>mfw I had left a towel lying on the exhaust heatshield
>no fire extinguisher
>try and brush it out of engine bay
>falls below car
>push car over the fire, clenching butthole as it passes under the gas tank
>stomp fire out