Live in Houston

>live in Houston
>98% of the cars here are running all season tires
Why is it like this? We get snow about once every 10 years and it doesn't stick but everyone takes off work anyway. Is there any reason normies would buy all season tires?

Other urls found in this thread:

bridgestonetire.com/tread-and-trend/drivers-ed/summer-tires-vs-all-season-tires
tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=AltiMAX RT43 (T-Speed Rated)&partnum=86TR5AMRT43&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
tirecraft.com/2016/11/mud-snow-tires-vs-winter-tires-whats-difference/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's what comes as standard on most cars.

all season also includes rain

It rains in the summer. Summer tires also include rain

no summer is just for summer like if you live in a desert

there is summer season, rain season, winter season etc, all season is then preferable unless you live in arizona or some shit

All season tires have the highest tread life because they're hard.

You're a retard. Summer tires outperform all seasons in the rain. Google it.

This and normies are brainwashed into thinking summer tires turn to butter when put on anything other than asphalt.

all seasons are cheaper and more widely available by virtue of being the most produced tire.

they also handle rain WAY better than summer tires.

>Basically already knows why all season tires are the most common
>Posts to be angry about something that he agrees makes logical sense

Calm down m8, where did the tire dealer touch you?

Is the difference in handling and driving really that noticeable between the 3 tires if I'm not on the track?
I want to be a lazy ass and leave all-seasons on all the time.

all seasons handle like shit in all weather except rain.

you will get max speed and handling on the track in summer (touring) tires. all seasons are soft and their tread patterns are too aggressive to be deemed good for speed.

you can go ahead and do whatever, but dont expect to break any records.

The only tire you can really do this with are Nokian WRG3, and maybe Continental DWS. The Nokians are considered "All-weather" tires and not all-season. Both tires are softer than most all seasons and grip good in summer and ok in snow, but they're worse than winter tires by far in real amounts of snow and ice, and wear down faster in summer.

There is no tire that's best for all. It's just how hard or how soft the tire is to weigh durability and grip. Winter tires are actually really fucking grippy in summer but they melt to the road in the heat and wear out super fast because they're too soft.

>This and normies are brainwashed into thinking summer tires turn to butter when put on anything other than asphalt.
they do unless you have wet weather slicks which are quite good

>We get snow about once every 10 years

lol wrong.

henlo stinky

i switched from michelin mxm4 to bfgoodrich sport comp and noticed no performance loss in the rain. snow is where summer tires fall behind, because the compound gets harder than my DICK

Because to 98% of people cars are appliances.
>Sir your car needs new tires. We have these Goodyear/Yokohama/Kuhmo/Michelin all season tires on sale that are comperable to your original tires
>OK

That is how most people chose tires. Get over it

>Only tyres realistically available without special order in Australia are all seasons
I don't know why it's like this here, snow isn't even really a thing unless you live super far south.

American education everyone.

summer tires have better wet grip than all seasons genius

>live in houston

>Is there any reason normies would buy all season tires?

They're typically better in the rain than summers. and the All-season label is a misnomer, most all seasons are useless in snow and icy conditions.

Summers mostly suck in the rain, bus rider.

>keeps claiming this.

>has failed to produce evidence.

Should I also mention that summers typically need to be replaced ever 10-20k miles whereas all seasons can last short of 40k?

The DWS has been discontinued for over 2 years now.
I have its successor on my car, and had the DWS before that.
It's not that great. An all season is an all season. It's not wonderful in anything.

Also anyone who thinks that summer tires are worse in the rain than all seasons are fucking morons.
It all depends on tread design and temperature.
Lots of summers are designed to mitigate water.

bridgestonetire.com/tread-and-trend/drivers-ed/summer-tires-vs-all-season-tires
>Surprising to some, summer tires provide better performance in wet driving conditions, thanks to unique tread patterns that help evacuate water and resist hydroplaning.
This kills the brainlet

I've literally never had a tire come close to those figures.
All seasons last about 10k with a tread wear above 500.
But they're pretty fucking much useless after the first year. While you can get around the snow in brand new all seasons, even if they didn't wear significantly, by the second snow season you're basically driving on rocks.

no, they usually get the cheapest, most unsafe and dangerous tyres that the shop has in stock

>all seasons last about 10k
My mom has put 100k on her van since new and we have only worn through the original set of all seasons and halfway through a set of snows. I dont see how you are getting such shit tire life unless you are doing track days or something on your all seasons

They're the cheapest, have better treadwear, and less rolling resistance than summer tires
Why would you need performance tires on an econobox?

These. Michelin Defenders have a stupid high tread wear rating of almost 800

I always figured its because normies just keep what ever was on the car during purchasing. Or all seasons have longer thread life. But what really puzzles me is why people in Houston use off road tires, in suburban/downtown Houston. Doesnt that ruin grip on asphalt with off road tires?

What the fuck.

Same reason why they jack up their pavement queens, dick waving

This, tread life and road noise.

Depends on the tire. All seasons suck in rain as well and it's not hard to find summers that handle it fine

It's because he's doesn't properly inflate his tires and he doesn't rotate then

I have my tires properly inflated all the time my dude.
And I do rotate.

Because decent all seasons have enough dry grip for casual hooning and emergency maneuvers while also being decent in the rain and gud enuf to deal with not-hardcore mud and snow.

It's the low-effort high-versatility answer if you don't need serious performance in any particular category.

thats probably just some brand they make. summer tires are harder than all seasons and have less tread as a rule. the softness and channels of the all season pushes water out from under the tire where the summer would ride the surface.

t. resident of vancouver, city of rain

then you buy the cheapest shit tire you can find.

honestly your either an idiot or an idiot, there are no 2 ways about this.

All seasons are more economical because they last longer and are cheaper to begin with.
They're also called ALL-SEASONS so the average person will see that and want that "all-season capability" in case of rain or whatever weather they may encounter, locally and on trips.

if you drive like you have a brain you don't need winter tires to get through snow.

Maybe in temperate Vancouver, but Texas is hot as shit where all seasons become soft as crap and start handling worse than proper summer tires. They're a compromise.

>because they last longer
Not in Texas climate. Using them in those hot summers makes them soft and abrasive as fuck.

Also summer tires aren't automatically bad in the rain, you fucking clowns. "You need all seasons for rain" is just as retarded of an argument as "you need 4wd for snow".

It snows in arizona, flagstaff averages over 100 inches a year.

N americans....

in summer only summer tires
in winter if temps get below 0C even if there is no snow is better to get winter tires, there is even tires for low snow/slush.

all season is for stupid people, or you barely use car.

AND summer tires are BETTER in RAIN, because they have bigger solid contact with road and bigger water redirection canals.

>Is there any reason normies would buy all season tires?
In descending order of importance
>cheapest
>last longest on one set
>work okay in all temperatures and weather
>it's what they've always used

>work okay in all temperatures and weather
Wrong, they work good in mild temperatures, but as soon as it's hot or cold they take a dump.

>Maybe in temperate Vancouver, but Texas is hot as shit where all seasons become soft as crap and start handling worse than proper summer tires. They're a compromise.

fair point, carry on.

Nah, you're full of shit

You really think there's a miracle tire that works in all temperatures but they still continue selling summer and winter tires to jew us?

>have summer tires for above 40 degree temps and rain
>have winter tires for below 40 degree temps and snow
Vs
>have one set of tires for all temps and weather

Most people take the one set. It's just one less thing to do.

Depends what your definitions of "hot" and "cold" and "mild" are. Obviously all-seasons aren't going to do a good job where a purpose tire is called for.

Anything under 40 and anything over 80.

Show me where I posted that

this. the tires should be labeled "hot", "mild" and "cold" as their rubber compounds respond to the temperature and not so much the conditions (rain, snow etc.)

Yeah, but it's worse at either job than a seasonal tire.

My all seasons see maybe -10F to 100F and do alright. Most of the time it's like 15deg short of those extremes.

And? People don't give a shit about performance dude. They just want their wheels to roll and don't want to bother with changing tires.

So people are retards.

>people are less Veeky Forumstistic than me

fixed that for you

Same thing.

So people are retards.
people should care about performance of not sliding to ditch or into other people cars

if people are too stupid to change tires for season,then why allow people to drive in harder condition with worse performing tire when they are too stupid to put proper tires.

n americans are such stupid lazy fucks.

arguments in this thread are stupid, because people drive with all seasons, not because it's ok in their climate, but they are lazy fucks who can't change tires twice in year.

+shit like this happens only in n america, because they never get chance to inspect, because they never change tires

Even when they replace their tires, the tire shop will tell them that they need brakes.

Niggers don't want to buy them, or don't have the money.

States with lax inspection requirements should be white-only.

Texas has yearly inspections. Spics and niggers still do it.

Lmao. Just get slicks

>mfw inspection on my car went out 2 years ago
>white

checkmate athiests

Summer tires aren't cheap, and normies only care about getting the cheapest trash Chinese ditchfinders they can get. A lot of tire shops don't even carry summers or even decent brand tires in their regular stock, they're special order only.

And sometimes that means not even trying to drive because you know it ain't gonna work

>Ă—all seasons are softer then summer tires
Jesus Christ how is Veeky Forums this retarded

>Jesus Christ how is Veeky Forums this retarded
how the fuck do you think they can be rated M+S? they are softer than summer tires and harder than winters.

the europoors must have woke up. go back to driving your commie box.

Tire compounds behave different in different temperatures. Some summer tires grip when it's warm out but turn to plastic when it's cold. All seasons consider temperature range as well as surface conditions

>56% white
ftfy

literary only Amerimutts do this shit.
if something similar happens in so 3rd world shit hole, they at least have excuse of being 3rd world shit hole.

They are. Summer's are hard, Winter's are soft. I don't get why all seasons wouldn't be softer than summer tires.

all season aren't rated M+S, those would be fucking winter tires and yes they are soft rubber. the only exception is all terrain tires rated M+S which have the same soft rubber as winter tires and are generally only used on trucks and some SUVs

What if I want to just cruise at 90 with my V8? what tires should I get

>all season aren't rated M+S, those would be fucking winter tires

I have a pair of all season, general altimax tires on my car RIGHT NOW that are M+S rated. you clearly have no Idea what your talking about.

>literary only Amerimutts do this shit.
overgeneralization and broad assumption is a very good way to be proven wrong

then it's a fucking winter tire you stupid fuck

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=AltiMAX RT43 (T-Speed Rated)&partnum=86TR5AMRT43&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

these are the tires i have and they have an M+S right on the fucking side

also your fucking mentaly retarded, it was the first google result

tirecraft.com/2016/11/mud-snow-tires-vs-winter-tires-whats-difference/

that's what happens when you don't buy reputable brands. you buy uncertified shit and now you come to fucking Veeky Forums of all places to bitch like a little faggot

*you're
*mentally

oh ok, so your just a troll. cool.

Got a 2015 mustang gt
Need new tires soon
Should I get summer tires?
Live in bay area so rain is rare

Sure is summer in here

just sell the car, its fucked m8

>living somewhere where you need summer and winter tires

kill yourself

>not having 4 seasons

>because they never change tires
In the USA, people change tires by getting new ones off other cars. Many years ago when I was poor, I rented a room. I came out and walked by a nearby parking lot shared by a bunch of flats. There was one car supported by a bunch of cinder blocks. The tires and rims were gone. The rims were nothing special, but the tires were brand new recent replacements. Someone who needs new tires looks around for similar cars and if new tires to appear, it's time to stock up on tires.

>In the USA, people change tires by getting new ones off other cars. Many years ago when I was poor, I rented a room. I came out and walked by a nearby parking lot shared by a bunch of flats. There was one car supported by a bunch of cinder blocks. The tires and rims were gone. The rims were nothing special, but the tires were brand new recent replacements. Someone who needs new tires looks around for similar cars and if new tires to appear, it's time to stock up on tires.

this is only if you live in crime infested shitholes

How the fuck are you only getting 10k? Are you using cheap chinkshit tires, or do you only ha e on/off for pedal control?

>all seasons are soft
Literal retard. The reason summer tires are so grippy is because of how soft they are. All seasons are hard as fuck to reduce treadwear as much as possible.

But to answer, summer tires will provide better ride quality and possibly offer better feedback, but also reduce gas mileage due to their potentially higher rolling resistance compared to an all season.

People are lazy and don't want to fuck around with shit in case they have to drive somewhere in bad conditions.

>The reason summer tires are so grippy is because of how soft they are.

no, they are "grippy" (if you can even call it that) because the tread compound is meant to work with the summer heated roads for traction.

>All seasons are hard as fuck to reduce treadwear as much as possible.

again, wrong. all seasons are softer than summer tires objectively in order to offer some form of grip in light snow.

>but also reduce gas mileage due to their potentially higher rolling resistance compared to an all season.

finally, this is retarded. summer tires exist because of their low rolling resistance (because they are the hardest of the 3 tire types). The ONLY reason some people decide to go with summer tires over all seasons is the fuel savings (or the racing time improvement)

because softer is grippier, that's why they wear out faster. Race tires are so soft they leave noticeable rubber marks after a day of racing around a track and why they wear out after a few track days (or less)