Concerned parent

What would happen to a 16 year old if they were charged with credit card fraud in the state of Pennsylvania, I'm asking here because I cant find an answer anywhere else

Other urls found in this thread:

statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvania-law/pennsylvania-credit-card-fraud-laws.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Race?
Sex?

Probably federal pound them in the ass prison. Unless it's a white female.

Death penalty

white(polish)
male
clean record
good kid in general
he can be a asshole sometimes

Thrown in jail and gets raped by niggers

>dad getting the nanny state involved because he couldn't keep his brat in line

Just cut his allowance for a month, you cuck.

not the situation
my son came to me saying random games and items were showing up on his steam account and i charged backed the money and the credit card company stated they were going to press charges, i just dont want him to get in trouble for someone else misusing the card

Financial fraud is probably the worst thing possible for a young person. A conviction will close so many doors and place a lifelong ceiling on their potential for success. Say goodbye to any job dealing with money or finance (most white collar jobs). Say goodbye to any government job. Say goodbye to any possibility of law school, an accounting license, or any other regulated career.

The strange truth is that in terms of how it will likely affect your future, you are better off with a DUI manslaughter charge than a financial crime.

>dont want him to get in trouble for someone else
Parental denial detected. He can't go to prison but he may go to juvenile detention. Expect to pay handsomely for a lawyer but start telling the truth. Maybe you can convince the cc company to drop charges

credit destroyed. not going to be eligible for a loan ever again, so say good bye to school loans, home loans, car loans.

best case scenario, minimum wage job flipping burgers until a robot replaces him. riding the bus to get unemployment welfare. get into drugs and OD on the streets before 30.

card was removed from steam account in early nov, charges started to show up in late nov. (I keep my card in a safe so i know he didnt take it) charges continued unknowing until i looked at the charges in late feb. i called for a charge back and they did, but they also persecuted. My son sold his pc in mid feb but charges were still being made even though he didnt have his pc, i think someone got onto his account and stole money from the card they pulled in nov or before that

>Say goodbye to any job dealing with money or finance (most white collar jobs). Say goodbye to any government job. Say goodbye to any possibility of law school, an accounting license, or any other regulated career.
Not true.
If you want a job in fraud investigation, fraud charges are a plus. Lost a job to a guy who went to club fed for it. They really like people with experience for this sort of thing.

>Lost a job to a guy who went to club fed for it.
Nice premise for a tv show; not true in real life.

Get outside sometime, NEET.

That's what they were looking for. The interviewer said it it was plus. Job title is fraud examiner.

Whatever you do deny everything they have to prove your guilty. I got arrested with cocaine on me and said it wasn't mine. Paid 5k to lawyer and the charges were dropped in two months.

And these people are retarded lol. If your 16 u can do anything but murder someone and it goes away. 13-17 is the best time to be a criminal practice your craft of theivery or whatnot. Now this story seems a little fake you call the credit card company say that miscellaneous charges that you didn't make and they don't believe you? Fucking sue them for being cunts.

>Or maybe they just didn't want to hire you, period.

>2017
>Being so stupid that you don't know the difference between criminal and civil repercussions

>>Or maybe they just didn't want to hire you, period.
So why tell the candidates that fraud is a plus and then hire a guy who went to club fed for 9 months?

Tell you what sparky, you post a link to a legitimate job opening that reads "fraud is a plus" and I'll post a 2000 character apology.

Until then, fuck off NEET.

It's the same process pay a lawyer to get it dropped. I'm being sued right now they make lawsuits to try and recover some debt but taking it to court costs more than the debt they want to collect so it never makes it that far. But thanks for your insight.

Do it yourself, you lazy hippie.

Hey retard, notice how my original post was talking about the consequences of a fraud conviction, not a fraud acquittal. If you can get out of the charge, then of course there's no effect.

No wonder you're being sued. Stupid people get what they deserve.

I'll take that as an admission that I was right on all accounts, including that you're a worthless NEET. Thanks for your great posts.

Jail plus the parents owe the money stolen.

Everyone here has been a fucking moron.

If the scenario is exactly as described, your son is not liable. Somebody else used the card without his knowledge or consent. They can try to charge him, but it won't stick.

As for the severity of the charges if they are brought against him, it depends on the value in question. Anything under $500 is a misdemeanor, so not a big deal relatively speaking. If he has a clean record, the whole thing gets even easier.

First time offenders are often offered something called ARD in PA. Basically it boils down to a fine, probation, and a "don't fuck up again for ten years." After the probation is served (or he becomes an adult, not sure how it works for minors), the charges are expunged. They can be brought up again in the future as consideration of a future offense, but employers can't see it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you're actually the 16 year old, and are lying about the situation because as described, it's not a crime. Read this

statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvania-law/pennsylvania-credit-card-fraud-laws.html

can't you just try to settle out of court? how much money are we talking about here? don't credit cards have intrinsic protocol for dealing with fradulent charges? im confused as fuck

Newsflash retard: kids lie. Just because you're a giant pussy and never leave the house, even you should know that 95% of what comes out of a teenager male's mouth is lies and halitosis.

Work on your reading comprehension. I insinuated the exact same thing without being a pretentious shit and making myself look like an idiot that reads at a fifth grade level.

It's not pretentious to insult you. It's rude and presumptuous.

Perhaps you thought that "pretentious" and "presumptuous" were the same word? Or maybe you're just a retard who doesn't know either word. If there's a mystery in this thread, this is the more interesting one.

Are you merely stupid, or both stupid and ignorant?

You presumed I was stupid. The pretention came from your condescending tone.

>My """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'son"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Yeah sure bud, your son huh.

>You presumed I was stupid.
Yes I did. Your subsequent posts have validated my hypothesis.
>The pretention came from your condescending tone.
Sounds like you own insecurities bubbling over. If you can't post on Veeky Forums without crying over every reply, you might be more comfortable on a site like tumbler.

I'm not going to argue this point with you. I'm the only person in this thread who provided any decent insight. It may be because I hold a professional license in the state of PA, and have an adult criminal record. It may be because I've spent more on attorneys than you've made in your life giving tug jobs under the bleachers. Or it may just be because I'm sick of seeing people that have no clue what they're talking about act like they're handing down the edict of God when they proceed to give advice on a topic they're wholly ignorant of. Either give better advice or stop shitting up the board.

Also >tumbler

Holy kek

If you've been convicted of fraud you're not getting a job you fucking retard. They MIGHT make an exception in rare circumstances that you were like some high-up guy in a crime ring who got caught and snitched on everyone and is showing full cooperation with investigators and is agreeing to be an informant or something. But it's rare, stop being a retard no one is going to take on the risk of hiring a criminal and letting them handle anything of value.

Why the ufck would it be a plus? It's not some hidden secret information to buy stolen credit cards or tax information from alphabay or some carding forum and using it. like wtf?

*my wife's son

>It may be because I hold a professional license in the state of PA
I didn't know janitors had a professional licensing board. Good for you, kid. It's nice to see an ex-con who isn't a complete burden to society.

> my son came to me saying random games and items were showing up on his steam account

Lie detected. Can only purchase items n' games through Steam while signed into the account.

It depends heavily on the amount on whether or not they'll file charges. I suggest you don't tell the CC company about what he had told you.

Gonna need more info for me to assist the situation. I'd also ignore any responses saying he's fucked. He is under the age of 18 and depending on how the situation is handled, it can be a simple slap on the wrist.

haha keep going

That's kinda fucked.

So apparently while you had your credit card safely hidden away, someone was buying games for your kid on his steam account? And this is fraud?

Yeah, your son had your CC info and was buying it himself. Why would someone else buy games on your kids steam account?

Just drop the case, pay the fucking charges, and give your kid an ass whooping

"Unless it's a white female"
>*spergs uncontrollably*

made him, sell his pc and use the money to pay for charges

that ID, I think thats really op

>I think thats really op
Noo i op

Yup. Sorry op. Laws are made by the rich for the rich and not fair

Sounds better than working 80-90 hours a week and supplying the money for those degenerate cucks. Just to die at 40.

OH NO HE DI ENT

>young Polish boy
>likely Chicago prison

Raped by huge niggers 100%

t. Older Polish boy living in Chicago

This pic.

Stolen for keks

This is true. I knew a girl that used her card and went into an apple store and bought a bunch of shit then later reported her card stolen the same day but her dumbass was easily caught on the security cameras as she didn't bother to hide her face or anything. She only had to return the products and do some community service. She is also quite attractive.