How come tobacco sponsored cars had the best liveries?

how come tobacco sponsored cars had the best liveries?

Makes me wonder how much the sponsors had to do with liveries. It would make sense since tobacco companies need to be really good at marketing.

another big contender

>Gulf oil isn't a tobacco company
>Martini isn't a tobacco company
>Castrol isn't a tobacco company
>Fina isn't a tobacco company
>Shredded Wheat is not a tobacco company

I suppose these are just exceptions, though. Most cigarette liveries were legit

Why can't they just call it the Winston Cup. It's like changing the name of the Superbowl, no matter what you change it to it isn't going to sound right. It's the fucken Winston Cup.

>Octan
>Tobacco
Pick one livery pleb

Because by the late 1960s Tobacco companies were starting to get restrictions on sponsoring stuff and for the longest time, motorsport was the one place they could go and spend fuck-tonnes of cash without getting fined by the FCC. So logically, you need to make sure that your product makes an impact because there's a big chance that your racecar is going to be used in a lot of marketing material.

I'm super-pissed that Lego didn't have any real sponsorship in racing around the time those little openwheeler sets were being made.

Oh well, there's always Forza, Assetto Corsa & Project CARS 2 mods for that.

Because smoking is cool, don’t let the government funded lung cuck research fool you.

Obviously there are exceptions, but drinking (Martini), oil (Gulf) and flying (Alitalia) are also pretty fucking sick.

Always had a soft spot for the lucky strike livery on Suzuki RGVs

aw yiss

goddamn son

The #43 livery is so fucking good

SMOKE