Mid-engined Corvette's LT7 twin-turbo V8 leaks in CAD drawing

What do you think about this, Veeky Forums?

autoblog.com/2017/12/30/mid-engine-chevy-corvette-lt7-twin-turbo-v8-cad-drawing/

It'll make a fucking ton of horsepower that leaves everyone baffled by its disproportionate performance.

>Nissan won't even make a GT-R to compete with it
Shitposting on Veeky Forums is over

5.5L SBC with TT? Gonna be minimum 600hp at 8psi I would think.

The 5.5 DOHC TT has a preliminary SAE rating of 850 hp, 720 ft/lbs torque according to reputable leaks on Corvette Forum.

Doesnt making a corvette mid engine make it a different car altogether?

Not a Chevy fan by any means but I hope this shits all over the v6 abomination known as the GT.

>mid engined
>turbocharged
>dohc

wew

Why call it a corvette? It has nothing to do with the entire lineage besides V8.

RIP corvette, the affordable car that can compete with ferraris. Now it'll be just a shitty ferrari

Based model is still going to be NA, pushrod, and 6.2 liter.

Plus they'll probably keep making a Front Engine entry level car until they can sell a mid engine Vette for under $75K.

>Dohc

Whut?

The 4.2 and 5.5 liter twin turbo V8s are going to be DOHC.

Completely new architecture.

Base engine is still going to be a Naturally Aspirated LT based 6.2 liter cam in block V8.

4.2 liter V8 might be "Cadillac Future Sportscar" only.

That's incredible... my brain literally skipped the word DOHC in the article because of how strongly I associate GM with OHC V8s, only realized it when I read your post.

Any idea what amount of boost they'll be running to get those numbers?

>DOHC
pushrod cucks BTFO

BTFO
T
F
O

>b-but muh compact size, muh weight, muh power

BTFO
T
F
O

>turbocharged
supercharged cucks BTFO

BTFO
T
F
O

>b-but muh response, muh torque

BTFO
T
F
O

that's because this is what GM has to do to compete with a 10 year old car

GM is playing catch up

Then why the fuck call it an lt and use the same designation as the OHV LT's

Jesus GM.

I hope they release a dohc crate motor for sexy FR restomods

Why would you encourage them?

sperg more

butthurt GMnigger

Before GTR V. Vette threads, It was the M3 V Mustang, so something else will take its shitposting place.

a DOHC chebby engine won't fit your C4 mate.

>linking to trash autoblog

Engine bay's on those things are pretty big.

The 'LT' designation is probably a placeholder value, these cad drawings are leaks and preliminary.

On the other hand the LT1 and LT4 didn't even share a block casting with the LT5 in the late C4 Corvettes.

>a DOHC chebby engine won't fit your C4 mate
>implying
Do you like your paint chips dry or with Top-the-Tater?

But the were still OHV and architecturally similar right?

I honestly wonder if GM is just playing all for fools and are going release under another name plate, it would be smarter to up market it and throw it under caddy, like they should have done with the Cien.

C4 ZR1 had DOHC from the factory

OHV is basically everything that isn't flathead. The LT1 and LT4 were cam-in-block pushrod V8s, but the LT5 was DOHC.
GM has been threatening to divide the Corvette into multiple models for years now, I suspect that the Mid Engine C8 will be sold alongside C7 Stingrays as the Corvette Zora, perhaps moving to Manta Ray. Eventually an electric version will be called the E-ray or perhaps Electric Ray.

This is threatened by the rising fortunes of the Camaro, however.

I don't understand you v8 weenies

L O T U S

BMW Supra is a thing you know

Might end up being pretty cool but I would not be very trusting in a first year GM product with cunning edge technology

I literally thought you meant the engine leaked oil in the drawing.

kek

If you're going to honor a dying man's last wishes (Zora Arkus-Duntov), you had better not fuck it up.

Looks like GM is off to a good start if true.

next time i see your car at climbing i'm going to pour brake fluid on it

Cad drawing leaked of new Corvette rear suspension

lol

I dont have a car m8, I dont even have a license.

still no areovette

Top kek

10/10 thread

Made my day user. Thanks