Toyota quality with BMW driving dynamics

>toyota quality with BMW driving dynamics

I don't even have to google to know that the engine will be BMW sourced but applied Toyota R&D autism will probably make it reliable anyway. so tell me. is the new supra going to be the best car ever made? even surpassing the LFA/LC500?

Other urls found in this thread:

bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?5026-Class-action-suit-alleges-BMW-n54-turbo-engine-unsafe-causes-unintended-acceleration
bmwblog.com/tag/n54-lawsuit/
johnheath.com/news/bmw-face-class-action-product-liability-lawsuit-over-unreliable-n54-engine/#.WklVDt-WaUk
f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901686
youtube.com/watch?v=HHgSbnwlrdE
youtu.be/I8ioi6zrJSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> even surpassing the LFA/LC500?

Its going to be ruined because of BMW.
It isn't fucking hard to make a sports car. Toyota could do it easily without the help of BMW. All the krauts are going to do is add needlessly complicated bullshit, make tolerances on parts extremely tight for no reason, and drive up maintenance costs.
I also expect meme materials like "real leather!" or wood, that serve no purpose, warps, and are objectively worse than their synthetic equivalents.
Oh, and lets not forget overpriced. The German automotive industry is a fucking joke. The only thing they have going for them is what they do through Ford, and probably because the Americans keep the little cucks in line, so that the cars manufactured can be purchased by regular human beings.

The European automotive industry is nothing like the Japanese or the Americans. Maybe its something that's dates back to how we were during feudalism, but it seems the average citizen here drives a pathetic 40hp cuckmobile that looks like shit, while the wealthy nobility drive the actual sports cars. For what purpose other than to demoralize us? Automotive enthusiasts in the UK or among continentals, consists of playing videogames or watching wealthy nobles play around with their nice cars, while we get scraps.
In America and Japan, the everyman can afford a nice vehicle. The companies go out of their way to make affordable monsters like the Mustang or Camaro. I hope to God one day I can afford to move to the USA. Europe is a nightmare.

>Oh, and lets not forget overpriced. The German automotive industry is a fucking joke
Posting this after OP mentions the LFA
Righto

well the best car ever made is bound to be pricey

>lemme just cover up how clueless I am about cars by saying the word “tolerances” one time
Has to be pasta

>Implying it won't be BMW quality with Toyota driving dynamics

>comparing a purpose made supercar such as the LFA (might as well mention the ford GT in the same sentence) with a Supra, which is on the level of an EVO, WRX, or Mustang.

There is zero reason for the new Supra to be sold at a higher price point than either of those 3 cars, since that is what the namesake historically competed against in the same segment.
The supra is not a super car. It is not even an NSX, which while a lesser car performancewise to all mentioned vehicles, is pricier due to the Italian styling.

If Toyota wants to upsell the supra name, its going to be embarrassing. Imagine if Mazda discontinued the Miata, and twenty years later released another one, claiming its on the level of an LFA....

>eurocar
>quality

wat. I can understand the toyota part because they've made handling monsters in the past but BMW are notorious for poorly made parts like the n54 or melting plastic parts in the cooling system and who can forget the iconic e46 subframe

The LFA was the worst super car ever. It's only gotten positive reviews because Toyota paid the press.
The LC is a piece of junk that only losers will buy.

proofs they paid the press?

and clarkson said it's the best car ever. and he says what he wants all the time. it's why he got fired remember?

t. BMW driver ran over my cat

You're a fucking tard
See: bmw

Point out where I compared them user, I'll be honest, I'm not going to bother waiting.

Asshurt krauts. Should have killed every single one of you after WWII and repopulated the area with brits

>toyota has never made a mistake ever, none of their cars have ever had problems
lel okay, and everyone thinks of toyota when they hear “fun, well-handling, rwd car.”

Toyota/Lexus are the slowest and ugliest cars in each respective class and yet they still have a good reputation for stupid shit like (((reliability))). This is clearly the result of Toyota manipulating the results by paying off journalists, what more proof do you need?

Yes it’s the Germans’ fault you’re a clueless retard who can only parrot memes. Take your medication.

Brit actually but I drive a beamer, stay mad

*bimmer

I don't see reliability being an issue, Toyota is pretty autistic and obsessed about quality, especially drivetrain quality, and I can't think of a single reason why Toyota would let a partnership with BMW soil their nearly impeccable reputation. Considering how long it's taking for the reveal of the new supra, I think there's gonna be a big surprise in store, we'll have to wait and see, but I have my fingers crossed.

So how come their offroaders have historically had weak gearboxes and diffs protected by underpowered engines?

>surpassing the LFA
impossible

>Deluded OP

I'm sorry but the new Supra will only be a Bmw in every possible aspect and part, the only few things Toyota is allowed to do are some minor suspension tweaks an shieet.

Lexshit shill spotted

not on the level of eurocars/bmw. and ya they make ecoboxes but they've had their fair share of fun cars

>engine will be BMW sourced
if only they'd dump the n54 in it, then we'd have something to get /Hype/ over

reliability is the most important car metric bar none. if you car is not reliable it is worthless

n54 was so bad bmw got sued over it so please no

>wanting toyota soulless engine

kys

>sued over it
>HPFP and wastegate rattle issues
that stuff is an easy fix user, the tuning and power output potential far outweighs the cons

*beemir

>ae86
>gt86
>mr2

beenir

2 slow shitty meme cars and one actual cool car, what a lineup

Nah dude the N54 was unreliable as all fuck I’ll give them that. If it were a tuned N55 it’d be perfect.

Which is which?

bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?5026-Class-action-suit-alleges-BMW-n54-turbo-engine-unsafe-causes-unintended-acceleration
bmwblog.com/tag/n54-lawsuit/
johnheath.com/news/bmw-face-class-action-product-liability-lawsuit-over-unreliable-n54-engine/#.WklVDt-WaUk

that engine was shit. people only thought it was good because journalists got paid to shill it

>fun, well-handling, rwd car.

I can't think of any car now that you mention it. RWD is extinct, any old RWD was slammed into a wall like the S-chassis, any RWD still on the road is a fleet vehicle like the crown victoria. RWD hasn't been relevant in decades, and recent RWD cars are not well handling due to how heavy they are and lolautomatic.

When I hear "fun, well-handling, rwd car", I immediately think of the holocaust. The mass genocide of RWD manual vehicles, be it in the hands of drift kiddies or market demands.

>tuned N55
>cast iron
>not superior forged sleeves
now, if they could do the n54 block with the n55 duel-spool turbo, then'd we'd have a winner

Retard Germans invented and pioneered cars.
Americans and Japanese can't build a better car even if their lives depend on it.

it wasn't shut up it had its warranty extended last year to 10 years 100k miles. They should put in an modern S54, low weight high power, lots of aftermarket and a proven strong engine. but fuck emissions and that shit.

BMW is cancer. They are going to infect toyotas quality reliable plastic parts with brittle shit diseased german plastics made from old lady bones or something.

>S54
Hmm, could work; especially for the lower-trim packages. Then have something turbo'd for the fully loaded version. Kinda like toyota has historically done with the model line over the years

Bongs invented soccer and look how successful their shit team is

My guess Z4M/Supra will have the same S58 3.0l engine as next gen M3/M4/X3M/X4M, it targets 475hp and 500hp with the Competition Package.
f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901686

>pioneered
Fuck off cunt. I'll beat your ass until it's any color as long as it's black.

Euro auto industry is the most successful and the most innovative in the world.

Toyota and BMW fight over tire pressure
>Toyota: Put same psi for all tires
>BMW: NO! We need more in the rear, it is RWD
>Toyota: Who cares let the tuners take care of that
>BMW: Scheisse you know nothing of engineering
>Toyota: We kicked your ass in the 90's
>BMW: Remember the E46 M3...
>BMW: There is a reason why you aren't in the sports car market anymore and you make Lexus shitbox for soyboys.

This is prob how it will go down. They probably commissioned BMW to make the car for them because toyola only cares about soyboy vapelords and soccer moms.

90% of Euro cars sold are pleb tier shitboxes that are no better than a Nissan Altima

Even the cheapest euro cars are better than the top tier Japanese or American "luxury" cars.

>the literal state of the "British" automotive industry

You clearly know your stuff

>he gets off to the idea of a super expensive car that he will never drive, being driven by someone richer than him
>being a car cuck

I agree with the brit.

Its funny because the actual soyboys are the ones that buy an overpriced eurofag sissy car like a BMW. Great post, elliot.

Australian cars are the best you stupid fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=HHgSbnwlrdE

that board room meeting

Any BMW that isn't a 330ci, 335i, M3, 135i, it slow as fuck and will compete with v6 camrys.
That sucks

>Supra
but its not, its going to be some shitty eurotrash mutant.

And where's this "proof" you're talking about?

It's almost 5 years after LFA. Sure it's an awesome car and worthy of collection but I'd say that the new LC500 had better electronics and steering simply because of the passage of time (and LC500 is like, what, 1/4 the cost of an LFA?)

>>eurocar
>>quality

That was the joke you dumdum. The joke is that I think the car is going to be a horrible disappointment.

>all of these people replying to you arguing about whether or not BMW makes quality or Toyota makes a car that handles

Stop over-analyzing a simply zany comment on car stereotypes you autists.

Nice projection, everyone knows toyotas are driven by poorfags, soccer moms and cuckolds

just don't drive anyone over with your beemer eliot1.5

>eliot1.5
Not wanting to be the next supreme gentleman of perfection?

>dents on rims
Horrible parker

Here's a better question: when it comes out, do you get the BMW or Toyota badge?

BMW because I don’t have a wife’s son to drive around

Implying the Japanese have ever made a decent interior.
Germans are unmatched in terms of luxury see Rolls Royce-BMW.

Depends if Toyota can overcome German autistic engineering. Chances are it'll have the reliable Toyota Engine and then have shitty BMW sensors all over the place that will beep at you 20 times to let you know you're sitting in a German engineered vehicle. At least partially.

N54 is beast

If it's a toyota engine it will be a shitty boring V6
At least BMW still builds some sweet inline 6es

>N54
>poorly
Bruh.

>beaner

>even surpassing the LFA/LC500?

Maybe the LC. Probably not the certified god machine that was the LFA.

Either way, people will probably be hyping themselves for disappointment just like they did with the NSX.

German plastics made from crushed up bones of Jews

>reliable Toyota Engine
Fuckkkk that, I’d rather wrench on a monster every other week than have some boring v6 from Toyota’s Lexus division

What this user said. N54, LET’S GO BBY!!

N54 comeback theme: youtu.be/I8ioi6zrJSM

Watch they both go for an I6 but then europe does its twinkle twinkle little emissions hammer and they have to throw in a v8 which fucks the whole car like the e92 m3.

Wtf are you saying?
That a V8 would have better emissions?
Or do ypu honestly think the e92 m3 was a bad car?

I think he means that European emission standards would require catalytic converters that take up so much power from the i6 that they have to go to a V8 in order to get enough power

E9X M3 had 2x catalytic converters on it that would sap approx. 20hp each.
Saying that if you read up on the S54, it was supposed to be in the E9X M3 but because the s54 has shit emissions they scrapped it. They tried with the N52 and it didn't make enough HP to compete against the Pony cars in the U.S. So they threw in a V8 choked it with shit flowing cats and shit flowing headers to pass emissions in Europe.

Yep, the missus can have the Toyota so I don't have to look at it but I'm not handing in my sack to own one.

It's going to have the Gazoo Racing badge.

whose fault was it? Toyota signed it. Why they want to have a business with BMW? Cuz you know that BMW is pos. You know this is bullshit cuz BMW could be good otherwise Toyota shouldn't sign it.

bmw is eh hope toyota fix their shit