Are 4th gen rams any good? Do they have any common issues?

Are 4th gen rams any good? Do they have any common issues?
I'm considering buying this 4.7L 2010 1500 with 90k miles

Other urls found in this thread:

carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Ram_1500/2010/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Engine bay is bigger than the bed
Lol

Get one with the 5.7, it gets the same mileage as the 4.7 but more jam

This. Only engine anyone wants is the hemi. But the 4.7 is alright. Just isn't very cool

everyone i have seen is rusted to shit

Not guaranteed but the trans is probably gonna go in the next 20 thousand miles

carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Ram_1500/2010/

Dodge trucks arent very good. If the price is low and you dont mind working on it, go for it.

>buying the small engine and the shitty base model
gtfo poorfag

Well I'm getting a 3year engine,trans, and electrical warranty so hopefully that has me covered
Maybe I should go ahead and fuck up the trans within those 3 years so I can get a new / fixed trans for cheap

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the modern Ram is horribly proportioned.

>poorfag
If you think it's dishonorable to be poor you must be a costal elite city cuck with rich parents, being poor and lazy now that's dishonorable
Frankly I'd rather keep driving my old rig if it wasn't breaking down because I don't feel the need to purchase a vehicle as a status symbol

Trans should be fine. Chrysler rwd trans are generally pretty tough, especially the heavy duty applications.

The 4.7 is a little underpowered and has a deserved reputation for cracked heads, warped heads, dropping valve seats etc etc. If the engine every gets hot, not even full overheat, just hotter than operating temperature, it usually develops all kinds D's if problems and becomes an expensive lump of metal.

If you can get the hemi or diesel, I'd get a Chevy vortec.

Well I'm not a fan of modern truck either they are too big for my liking especially the modern quad cabs
I'm more of a fan of old single cab truck like mine here And pic related
But the banks won't finance anything older then 2009

No Ram is good. Great engine, shitty everything else. Your rear end will puke all over the ground at like 8,000 miles

>Maybe I should go ahead and fuck up the trans within those 3 years so I can get a new / fixed trans for cheap
See, the problem with this is there's no FOR SURE way for you to fuck up your tranny without it being obvious that you fucked it up on purpose

Really?
I've heard the older ones were pure trash but that the newer ones are decent

My brother-in-law had a 2007 with only 68k on it and it had somehow managed to shit out it's drive shaft. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but my other brother in law had an 85 with almost 300k on it and the only issue with it is it shat out all it's rear end bearings.

My job has a fleet of base model Rams Fords and some Chevs. the company gave me the Ram which is a 2014 year model.

It's.... okay. The CEL came on 5 times the whole year, and we maintain it.

One thing to keep your eye on is not just the transmission but the fuel pump.

If I'm not mistaken 2007 is 3rd Gen and 4th gen is where the 1500 supposedly gets upgraded

What kind of issues did they have when the cel came on?

mechanic said something was up with the manifold, he didn't into specifics with me because i'm not the owner.