All-time most reliable trucks

All-time most reliable trucks

Where I work, the most reliable trucks seem to be the 90s GM ones, Dodges the least reliable

how is this a reliable truck
when you lift it on a post lift or put any weight into the bed it folds in half

I'll nominate my workplaces' two 1995 Hilux. Over 22 years of absolute punishment all year around, and nothing is actually wrong outside of various collision damage and body rust

>bow down burgers
>US-built & designed truck that is sold pretty much only in North-America

Any truck with a 7.3 Powerstroke, 12v Cummins (manual), or the 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado's with the 6.0/4l80e in them
These are def my top 3, although the 2nd gen dodges rot out pretty quick but they seem to go forever

Anti Americanism is large in the reddit car community.

Oh, the fucking irony. Most 90s GMs have massive leaks from every seal, brake booster leaks, and rack and pinion leaks. Their lube points are notorious for blowing out, as well. I've seen, maybe, a handful of old GM trucks that aren't experiencing failures with their body mounts, as well.

Dodge trucks are pretty fucking bad from the 90s, but the worst you ever saw was tranny slippage and sagging front suspension. The LA blocks that went into those trucks were infinitely more reliable that the shit tier engines in 90s GMs.

I'll agree that Fords are generally the most reliable pickup, but 70s-80s D and W series Dodge trucks were virtually bulletproof with the 727 and A518 trannies.

Everyone of the big three has always had breddy bulletproof combos available.

Dentside fords, had 300/6 engines, 9 inch, Dana 44's 60's and 70's, np435, T18, T19 and C6 transmissions all of which are pretty much bombproof.

Same with chebby, how more simple and reliable can a squarebody 1/2 ton with a 350 and turbo400 get?

They seem unreliable because the majority of them have gone through 30 - 40 years of use and abuse and been fixed by Cletus under the shade of a tree.

There isn't one of them that doesn't suffer from the tinworm at one point or another. Saying x brand is better than y is nothing but being a fanboy, I'm partial to my old fords, but they've all done or have something better than the other

Best vehicle I've ever owned was a 96 4x4 straight 6 with the Mazda 5 speed.

Anything other than the engine is absolute garbage. Everyone around me praises GM as if it's gods gift to mankind.

The only benefit to owning a GM truck is the parts availability at pick n pulls.

>Failure with body mounts
Buddies first truck suffered from this.

>Turbo400
Topkek user. These aren't reliable by any means.

At least these are extremely easy to swap out, minus the top bolt up against the body.

>X brand is better than Y
If we're looking at numbers, brands are better than X and Y.

Reliability statistics are really hard to use as each brand is usually treated differently.

C1500

>Most 90s GM's have leaks from worn seals and gaskets
True for literally any 15+ year old car

I love old Ford trucks, but back when these models came out, there were issues with their carburetors and the timing chains. Not so "reliable". I can see why Chevy and even Dodge took a lil chunk of their sales at the time.

Woo. The VIN on mine says it's an explorer package but I have no clue where the trim goes. Anyone know? I'm gonna have to buy it all anyways, truck didn't have any on it when I got it.

Mazda B2000

C/K1500, 350 5.7L small block. Greatest truck to ever exist.

>trim
>I'm gonna have to buy it all
why?

No toyota hiace?

The HiAce is a van, not a truck

hilux, end of discussion

Remind us again what glorious transmission was mated to the 1500, please.

Im partial to my 96 4.9l with 5 speed. But the 460 in the older fords was know to be reliable too. So we got one of those too.

And the 86 w 460

allahu ackbars in your path

4L60e, so what?

The 4l60e was absolute garbage until the 4l65e was introduced in 2002.