How many of you guys are chronically depressed?

How many of you guys are chronically depressed?

How do you keep going? What's a reason to live?

>hard mode: nothing regarding making money

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4218030/How-positive-thinking-actually-making-miserable.html
health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stoicism

you must be happy all the time is new age bullshit, happy and sad are yin and yang, without sadness there is no happiness

strive for peace and dignity rather than happiness

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4218030/How-positive-thinking-actually-making-miserable.html

I've read Aurelius and Epictetus... but stoicism is kind of a cuck philosophy, no?

Essentially it boils down to, "Take it up the ass and you control whether you feel bad or not about it."

I don't really feel as if just pretending the problem doesn't affect you is entirely healthy.

I've been super happy before, it was pretty fucking great.

Also, if I give up on life, then the pathetic of the normies win! Fuck them.

I have ADHD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder but not depression.
>that feel when

Chronic depression and anxiety are completely normal emotions that all adults should be experiencing.

You should be depressed a good times times for every one time you are happy

The only people who should not be experiencing anxiety and depression are children. It's their parent's fault if they feel these emotions.

So how do you get over the hump then?

I feel like life is passing me by.

Also, if it is relevant, I'm a retail banker and 26 years old.

the concept of hope is what keeps me going

you gotta find some story or idea that you can hope for. I'm sure you already have some idealized life where you'd be happy. see if you can strive towards some part of it

I've done a ton of reading on depression. happiness and exercise are extremely correlated. you should become a Veeky Forumsizen. there's also a big correlation with having friendships and happiness. if depression is something that really fucks you up mentally, think long and hard about how to make friends that will make you happy. study how to work with people and then actually try it. you might think friends won't make you happy right now, but they will

personally I just have too much fun to consider suicide seriously

theres always another interesting book to read or sight to see

Depression the emotion and depression the disorder are different.
Same shit with anxiety.

The first step is just accepting that existence is miserable and that you are going to die.

Like I said, you're gonna be miserable at least ten times as much as you're going to be happy.

Start trying to live for those happy moments and try to create more of them.

Getting the fuck off the internet, and electronics in general, is a good first step to fighting depression.

Hobbies involving the outdoors are what helped me the most

I have some serious depression and social anxiety issues
had a panic attack at whole foods today
I used to use drugs everyday and got by fine mostly just pot and xanax
then i got arrested and seriously charged for what amounted to 300$ of personal use stuff
gained 50 pounds and look like absolute shit since, might go to jail for 4 months and be a felon the rest of my life
Only reason I have to life is for my family and to see the development of meme coins
I have like 170k usd in memecoins but I'm too afraid to go anywhere and live a neet life

>but stoicism is kind of a cuck philosophy, no?
no

>Essentially it boils down to, "Take it up the ass and you control whether you feel bad or not about it."
it does not

>I don't really feel as if just pretending the problem doesn't affect you is entirely healthy.
the core truth of stoicism is that everyone dies in the end, and that's okay. the happiest, richest, most successful person alive at this moment will be rotting in the ground 100 years from now. 1000 years from now everything that person ever did will be erased and 1000000 years from now humanity will be erased. do you know who your great-great grandfather was? how about his great-great grandfather? All these people are gone, and they were just like us, asking the same existential questions

stocism shows that despite the overwhelming futility of human existence it is possible to achieve peace

stoicism teaches you that sadness and happiness come from the same place and are both good, someone who has never been miserable will also never be joyful, because those two states by definition cannot exist without each other.

the horror of modern life is that it essentially tries to genocide one half of human life - without bad things good things don't mean anything.

"Oh, you noble Stoics, what fraud of words!"

Nietzsche said that. He's right. You're all cucks. Ubermensch or bust.

this guy gets it

i have GAD and deppresion
>tfw feel when

waiting for my mom to die.. Then i gonna leave my job grow beard buy a moto and go cause trouble. Eventually someones gonna kill me.

Most of it it's about making money tho
I want a house from which I can watch the ocean, peacefully before going to bed and on my free days.
I want a nice house to raise my kids, would be nice to have enough money to spend time with them and making music instead of wageslaving my life away.

i like when people get mad at me. i don't go out of my way to piss people off, but if i unintentionally do something that bothers someone and i notice, i absolutely love it. one of my fantasies is to get actively boo'd out of a conference or meeting. i would like to piss off a group of people to the point where they beat me to death like a medieval mob.

Shrink here. I'll post a pic of my degree if I can find it amongst my things.

Depression is not a real thing. Before the rage ensues, let me explain how this generation has been "had" by pop psychology and big pharma:

Depression is really just sustained sadness. Like a person is sad about something, or somethings (which is normal) but then they just keep the ride going. That sadness has a source, or usually sources. Never in a single laboratory setting has a "sourceless" sadness been exhibited. Not one time.

The sources of sustained sadness are:
> personal feelings of failure or lacking
> damaged or unresolved relationships
> unexplored or failed life pursuits
> existential/religious ambiguity, or negative existential/religious beliefs
> a traumatic event
> poor physical health

And that's it. "Depression" is merely one or a combination of the above. There is no phantom chemical imbalance causing problems.

So why the name and the diagnosis. Two reasons, one a person can "self-handicap" and say oh well my life is shit, I'm low on the totem pole but it's because of this "depression" thing I have, it's an ailment that I have, and certainly not because I have not tried enough to live up to my potential and enjoy life!

And two, it's simpler to treat the symptoms of pain than to address the actual cause. Giving someone an anti-depressant because they are sad is like giving someone with a broken bone a painkiller. It's the bone that should be addressed.

Sorry to break the news folks. Don't believe me? Read "When Panic Attacks". Over a million copies sold, a master psychologist explains how anxiety and depression merely boil down to bad habits and self defeating behavior.

Sometimes it's easier to curse the dark, than to work on making a fire.

great post man

I am not depressed, i have just become a meme. Brb turning my life around.

I agree with you, but depression is real. Most people who are depressed have mild depression that is exactly what you're talking about, but there are 18 year olds who can't get out of bed in the morning due to crippling depression.

>hardmode...

Preventing my best friends and brothers and sisters from killing themselves.

Maybe helping an user not?

It's not easy these days...

If i live my entire life and die right now or 10,000 years from now and orevent 1 suicide i will go to heaven (or hell) with a smile on my face.

We joke a lot here on 4chins.

Lmao. Faggot.

KYS
Y
S

Most of you will trully nevef know this pain and even though i hate most all of you and wish for you to be watterboarded into exhaustion and death there are people i would happily shoot in the face if i have the balls, yet try and shot a gun from their hand should I catch them trying to an hero.

Truly broken.

And honestley, not my dogs, not my friends, not my wife, not my family who i all love from the bottome of my heart, none of them make me get out of bed, wagecuck, and not eat a shotgun or try and drink myself to death.

It's the simple fact that on the way to work i might find some faggot with a garden hose taped to his exhaust. Or maybe shitposting, find potential troll thread, blab a little, and keep some poor useless cunt who was minutes away from unknowing greatness from hanging himself...

You have truly never been suicidal until you get on Veeky Forums daily for over a decade laughing and saying u will live stream and shit and then one day, one moment, you just dont fucking care.

Legit so depressed you cant be bothered to scribble a fuck u note and set up a camera before u die.

I know people do and maybe its just me, but the day that happened i got it.

Like a ton of bricks.

That fucking math problem you understand after days of headache.

It just clicked.

All of the sudden i understood my depressed friends.

I could read between the lines, "i'm just gonna go to bed early or i got a lot of stuff to ddo so i will be busy for 6 weeks."

You either cant stand mybretarded ass, or we are both going home and loading and unloading a shotgun repeatedly instead of making memories like we are kids again...

Every meme teir bullshit.

Lost it.

Went to mental health facility.

Off the charts anxiety and depression.

Most of the shit reapeat advise here is all we talked about.

Never got diddled or had super fucked stuff happen to me.

At 30 years old best friend an hero and i fucking lost it for a long time. Maybe still.

The only good days are forcing myself to be happy.

Like taking on a shitty full time job at work. Shuck all negative thoughts.

>customer pisses you off
>ignore it and try to imagine why he mad, or wonder where he got his cool truck
Or maybe what his life is like that he can be such a cunt all the time.... etc...

Set your mind down an autistic path until you can calm down and go back to happy times.

Very strange but after just about eating a shotgun i made a list of the top 10 dudes that i like hanging out with. Bros i never see or some i litterally only talked to a few times and why.

10/10 seemed to be super up beat and laid back cool style.

10/10 seemed to wanna talk for hours but looking back pretty much gave ahort snappy answers and kept conversation rolling somehow. Little silence...

10/10 seemed generally interested in my bullshit retarded life and either fake it beyond greatness or truly do.

There are books on this.

I have told 3 of these dudes this and they seem completely clueless they are this awesome guy. I ask them to bring up their fb and see how many likes their posts got.

This infinitly small town and area they all 3 had over 100.

What was the post.

All 3 was some positive newfound shit or hugging on a friend selfie.

Mine?

Work sucked dick kill me. 4 likes. 3 from immediate family.

Most everyone here needs this change and if i ever learn oroper english ima make a fucking book and sell it free....

Sage advice here op

I don't need to kill myself because your shitty writing gave me cancer and now I'm dead.

im sad that i haven't found a girlfriend yet, and still cant find one.

How do i cure that "sadness"?

Ignorance is bliss.

You should save that 170k user. Put it towards a hidden stash hole for when u out if and when u go. Have someone u trust or a few visit and put money in your comessary. Dont get carried away being a baller. Dont trust a 1 mutherfucker there. None of them. Study up youtube on prison workouts. All are different but most general ones can be adapted. U have so much free time to be in your head and have people fuck with u its nuts... just concentrate on your outside life and get /fit. Seriously. Wtf else u gonna do? Watch tv and gain another 50? Oh, and some gang will see you getting soft af and dick with u. At the very least want you to buy them shit. The guards are even more criminal than the inmates. So keep steady floy in your commissary but dont through 100k in the fucking thing... they will snitch.

Good luck either way main. Sorry u got popped.

Dont fucking nark no matter wtf the pigs say.

They some sly fucks. Never say shit without a lawyer and ask for lawyer id. With 170k u should be able to stay out tho. Worth every penny and lifetime debt man.

I worked at one.

You best bet is find bros that been in and get tips. Study this shit like its your fucking job bro. Dont just show up and hang out. Prison is punishment.

You think they let people go around shanking and raping each other for no reason???

Prison rules is no joke.

Its actual rules.

Not trying to scare u. Legit god dudes in there like u seem that made a mistake. But 80% go back. How many first timers u think there are?

>dailymail

Nice source you fucking faggot

Eh. I'm on antidepressants so I just slave away every day with no emotions. I pretty nice actually. Every day feels exactly the same. I like it.

They also kill my libido which means I don't lust over every women that I encounter. Antidepressants are a top tier drug. You have to find one that works for you but once you find it the world become much simpler.

health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression
You've only called the causes and the ailment the same thing. It's like saying that the cold weather itself is the flu, and not just that it makes it easier to catch it.
It can be that therapists overmedicate, but it does not follow that the ailment is imaginary. No one ever had claimed that depression is "sourceless". Outside causes like stress or those reasons you listed are real. So are chemical imbalances, along with genetic factors which can be caused or already are present and made worse by the external.
If you do believe that they're not, then please refute that Harvard article I posted. I'd say it's more valid than a man who rehashed the same book he wrote in the 1980s, and was geared for self-help than actual medical use. A million copies sold does not mean a million doctors purchased that book. Anyone can buy that book.

I'd say that you should try to internalize those feelings that the pills give you. Pills sometimes get weaker with more use, but it's the opposite with your will. Of course, I am not your therapist, and whatever advice he has is much much better than what a stranger on the internet has.

Vidya games, and planning on getting a mail order bride

Because I still have dreams and push myself (1h a day, so little, I know) to achieve them.

You dont know how terrible it is to be A Wyatt Man on a team of dumb Pajeets in a corporation that lost its glory 20 years ago.

change jobs bro

my team is half white, half punjabis and most of the curry females are sexy and talented.

Stop caring faggot

come on dude your not depressed who are you kidding? you posted a picture of anthony wiener for fucks sake give a break

walk it off

>sexy
>talented
t. Dileep

really this. the world is too entertaining.

god damn it thank you someone who gets it. i've been sayin this for years. fuck im smart

Anthony Wiener is still alive despite essentially having his whole life ruined being a pedo, failed politician, investigated by the FBI, etc. etc. fucking etc.

How does he do it?

> sexy
> talented
> curry

tbqh, I don't know about the talented part, but they are sexy and have the most amazing child bearing hips

How normal is it for a going on 20 year old virgin guy to feel soul crushing misery over being a virgin

How does society address the issue of depression due to forced actions? It's not uncommon for people to be miserable because of their job alone. That's been my biggest issue in life.

I guarantee if we saw the work week go from 40 hours to 32 hours this would give people time to pursue other things in life. After a 40-50 hour work week you're exhausted and you have no time.

Sorry I didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

>How does he do it?
He's probably wealthy enough that it doesn't matter. It's not like he'll be working McD's to make ends meet.

it's not worth caring about that much honestly.

Depression is caused by sucking too much in life. Most common cause being poor.

It is easily fixed with getting wealthy and fixing your diet.

Quit all dairy products and limit meat. Those are the number one things causing obesity epidemic amongts 95% of ilnesses such as diabets, hypertension and depression.

.. No can do, I got an 8:30 res at Dorsia. Great sea urchin ceviche..

A lot of people who are depressed exhibit self-defeating behavior. A lot of people are depressed because they are a failure and blame their failures on depression. It's a never-ending cycle.

Take me for example. I'm a 23 year old who has never been in a real relationship, an ex-drug addict who majors in accounting, and a person who also has schizophrenia. Remarkably I am not depressed in the clinical sense. I was at one point, but eventually I realized that I've conquered most of my problems thus far, and am geared for success. Plus the meds really help with the whole schizo part. There are going to be bad days. That's life. Nobody lives the highs without the lows.

I think a lot of people who are depressed on this board fixate on the fact that their crush doesn't like them, or that they never had sex, which are really such menial things to be upset about, and they let those negative emotions bleed into their daily life. Unless you are autistic, in debt up to your eyeballs, are dying, or everyone you love is dying, you are a pussy.

>never having had sex = menial thing

It's funny you post this, big pharma is getting shit rich on anxiety and depression.

Put a man or woman in a happy place, address what is deeply ailing them, and have them seek out the life they fantasize about, and this "depression" will subside.

Learned helplessness, on the edge of suicide.

If I knew my life was bad, and would only get worse every day until I was dead, I likely would physically quit life as well.

Story as old as time itself.

As a man, what you offer is:
> your looks
> your brains
> your "charm" (personality)
> your ability to provide

These are what you offer to a woman. if you want top pussy you gotta offer in these categories.

Getting a woman is a sale. Sales and getting a woman are 99% alike.

The more I learn about humanity, the human mind, and neuroscience, the bleaker my view of humanity.

One study I found particularly interesting, was one that found "depressed" individuals were more accurate in assessments of social situations and their probable outcomes. In other word's "depressed" people had a better grip on social truth.

Funny how that works.

Fear and Sadness, the vulnerablility behind both emotions, is deeply rooted in our sex drives.

Take those away and take away the sex drive.

Not reading it.

I've seen enough clients to know that Depression is really just that the person has problems and has either given up fighting them or prefers the comfiness of self-handicapping.

Don't believe me? Ask any shrink their thoughts on depression and anxiety, and our diagnosis culture.

Society, norms, and people are scared to totally break off from everything they have ever known. Well when everything you have ever known is fucking you in the ass, then you gotta sack up and totally change your life.

Quit. Quit again. Move. Try, fail, and fail some more.

I promise with enough trials, and enough changes a human does eventually find joy, it's fundamentally rooted in our ups and downs, assuming we pursue a dream.

We are not wired for sadness. Kids under the age of 5 very rarely ever show what we would consider clinical "depression" it's a grown up phenomenon, and it's a phenomenon of crushing pain in an uncomfortable environment.

And the conditions can be changed, I have seen it many many times.

I've had poor clients that genuinely enjoyed most moments of life, and people with over a million dollars that really wanted to put a gun in their mouth.

thanks for the info bro
the way i see it i'm 75% chance getting sis suspended sentence probation, 25% going for 4 months which is 1 month general population and 3 months in prison rehab,
I spent 15k on a lawyer and got doctors exams saying i'm mentally unwell and prison would be detrimental, and drug tests clearing me.
I'm fucking scared and was starving/going crazy during the 2 days I spent before I got bailed out.
I asked if I could do solitary and my lawyer and doctors laughed at me. It's fucking sad
I never sold a damn thing just had shit to self medicate.

What would you tell someone with a physical disability to overcome depression?

what's messed up is I was pulled over in a car for apparently not signaling a U turn, and the kid I got arrested with had weed on him as well.
I texted him I can't handle jail for 5-15 years which the class b felony trafficking charge initially said. I said I would rather go live in south america. The kid printed my text and showed it to the judge and got me labeled as a flight risk, while he walked with communinty service plus a short probation. I know he runs with serious dealers and is still using, I've been tempted to fuck him over.
It's my libertarian beliefs of fuck the government, and I'm close to having the money to live away from everyone/everything inawoods, I'm just going to stay silent and leave this fucked up society

I've been depressed and suicidal since my teens. I find the only way to deal with it is lose myself in my work.

I personally believe its important to look at the way philosophers lived their respective lives, since intellectual writing can be quite distinct from operating in the real world.

Subsequently; who was more of a cuck IRL; Nietzsche, or Marcus aurelius?

Rat that fucker out. He did it to you.

To drive the point home.

Nietzsche wrote articles, had a 'mental breakdown' and went crazy, being cucked by his sister, whom made a lot of money of his work, ideas and assets.

Marcus Aurelius on the other hand was the fucking emperor of the roman empire. Probably one the most alpha positions ever. Imagine the fights he must have seen, and won. The woman gasping for his fucking emperor cock. He was the definition of an anti cuck.

Keep dulling those senses goy, no need to breed or find happiness outside of this neat little pill I'm selling you at a terrific markup

your repeating digits assisted in alleviating some of my depression.

>Getting a woman is a sale. Sales and getting a woman are 99% alike.
lol now post your degree
if this is the actual opinion of a real psychiatrist with an actual practice and clients I might as well eat a bullet right now

>he thinks shitposting can possibly upset me at all.

If i wanted your opinion id find the buck uou blew it into u doublefaggot

Truly is user.

The more i study world news and people in general the more i understand.

And the more depressed i get.

Im done.

Fuckit

Fuckin dumb mang. Sucks.

My bro ised to sling coke. Was funny because i worked ina jail and got to see guys on both sides of the bars.

Good luck out there bro.

As a raging alcoholic i can tell you addiction sucks.

Not him but i have one.

Force yourself out and about with friends.

Make memories and make yourself be happy.

Is fucking work and 10 times the effort now that i cant fucking walk...

But its worth it

Dont blame u man. Shit sucks. Time alone can be a good thing. U can get a cuckshed delivered for dick nothing and inulate it and throw xedar panels on the walls and move in.

The more i understand the government the more i am triggered.

But wtf im gonna do? Not gonna fight the worlds richest and most powerful. Not fucking worth it.

Just take most of my paycheck and rent me my house and fuckoff and dont bother me. Ill be your slave...

>live day to day, saying "not today" to suicidal thoughts
>manage to live
>can't care enough to work hard and brown nose employers for a cushy high-pay job
>don't even want to work
>don't want to do anything
>barely employed poorfag with no ambition

It's like starting a race with a ball and chain on your leg.

>we want a driven, passionate, outgoing person who is willing to lick our assholes for a pat on the head and an extra 10 cents an hour who LOVES our shitty boring job and LOVES doing shitty, boring things

Fuckckkxkxkxkkx uouuoysuyyou

Murrikah :(

>uit all dairy products and limit meat. Those are the number one things causing obesity epidemic amongts 95% of ilnesses such as diabets, hypertension and depression

wew lad

you're an idiot

Just plug along bro. Youll luck into a job u dont mind much.

Im pretty well off now and still wanna eat a shotgun daily

This simply isn't true.

Why do you think that seasonal depression exists? It's because of your brain, not due to personal reasons per se, but brain ailments.

I have personally suffered through depression to the point of crying for an hour in completely normal circumstances due to my brain and not necessarily my circumstance.

I fixed my depression by taking fish oil daily, that's it. My brain needed more vitamin D especially because I live in a Nordic country.so I took some fish oil and voila, depression gone.

I almost fell for the anti-depressants but thankfully had the only allergy in my life which prevented me from getting them.

Depression is also important because you are preparing for a bounce back. Which means that it doesn't really matter what you do because you will always improve out of that depressive phase. It's important to remember that when you are depressed.

>still wanna eat a shotgun daily

So what's the damned point?

Find a way to get joy out of life that is not limited by you disability.

Also I think my ID may have changed, on my phone.

As for the other guy with the sales question. The truth hurts.

This solution is a quick fix that will end up robbing you of real joy.

There is some good in productivity, but only when you believe in your work.

Well maybe i oversimplified it but that falls under the physical health category.

Diet
Exercise
Play
Sunshine
Water

who the fuck cares, only retards think about "muh dick" all the time. Spend your time doing something better than trying to get laid and being sad when it doesn't work

>what is hookers

Everyone around me has good faith in my abilities and has put time and effort into me.
I dont want to give up on them or let them down.

I have cholinergic urticaria, which makes any kind of heat give me unbearably painful hives all over my body.
Even if I'm at a normal temperature, then I'm cold (and my body adjusts to it), and I go back to the starting temperature, it counts as heating up and I get the hives.

Now think of the implications of that, and how many things normal people do normally that I can't do.
Like any kind of physical excersize (I'm a pretty lively guy, so imagine how it feels not being able to move like an under-60 person), or ingesting alcohol or spicy foods, sit next to (or hug for more than a few seconds) someone because of their body heat, stand in the sun, feel strong emotions or even laughing "too hard", etc.

I'm basically stuck home, not being able to do anything outside of it.
I'm also unemployable, come from a broken and extremely poor family, and have tons of other problems that stem from living in poverty all my life and having these health issues.

My only way out is to work online and try and make a living this way, but everything I try ends up in a failure for one reason or the other (mostly related to my circumstances), so I need a ton of willpower to even get a chance at being able to survive, of which I have almost none because I have basically given up on life.

I spend my days trying to distract myself to cheer up (even if I'd rather be working), and if there's a better way to not be miserable, I'd love to know.

Jesus man really sorry to hear.

Really hope you get to become happier eventually.

Holy fuck that sucks.

They say sgit happens for a reason. Not sure hoe the fuck to see the good in that tho...

My gimpy foot and decade of hell so far may have been a blessing. I noe knoe that i cant work till i die. Every step is pain and i have limited miles on my foot. If im goimg to get rich and be avle ro enjoy it i have ro retire b4 40.

Wow dude, I've got crohns desease so I can relate a little bit. But you have it so much worse.
I really hope that something will make your suffering less in the future.
If you want a book in which you can relate to one of the characters read: the blade itself

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it.
I wish you the best as well.

>They say sgit happens for a reason
Yeah, as a consequence of your actions and those of of the people whose decisions affect your life.

>If you want a book in which you can relate to one of the characters read: the blade itself
I'll check it out, thank you.
Good luck with your Crohn's man.

Sorry man.

I believe there are some solutions out there for you to find ways to enjoy life and activity.

Are there other people with the same condition that you can talk to, and share experiences with?

>I believe there are some solutions out there for you to find ways to enjoy life and activity.
My plan is to train myself to endure the pain and try and live life normally while ignoring it, but I don't think I'm tough enough lol.
If this fails, then I'll just spend my time trying to make money from home somehow and have indoor hobbies.

Are there other people with the same condition that you can talk to, and share experiences with?
When I was a tween I remember some guy living in my apartment complex who would go out in full summer wearing a black trenchcoat and hat like pic related.
The neighboorhood kids used to tell stories about how he's a satanist, he kidnaps children, etc, but now that I think of it he probably just has some condition like mine (and in the colder months he probably looks normal) kek.
Apart from him I don't know anyone else, and I don't really plan to meet people to be sad with. I'd rather just do something else and not think about it.

>wearing a black trenchcoat and hat like pic related
Ah fuck I just noticed now that I forgot the picture.

Watch some Wim Hof videos. He uses a special breathing technique which allows him to control his body temperature and hike in freezing temperatures without any clothes. Maybe it could be useful for you as well.

I live it, son. Depression is easy to manage for me. It's all about managing mental health. Don't do things that make you feel like shit. Your mental health is the most valuable asset you have, bar none.
If you start feeling like shit after expending too much effort on things, you're probably expecting too much out of yourself. Living a stable life is also a matter of managing expectations.

Keep in mind that mental health is a subjective thing that can be easily altered. I'm sure you can think of a handful of things that you can make a habit out of, that will make you feel better about yourself.
Some people go to the gym, carve wood, make shit, that sort of thing.

the alternative is unthinkable

Well he isn't wrong. Getting laid is all about the presentation. If you can pull off the image you can get laid.

Hello Hitler

Ah yeah, I know him. Used to watch his Guinness World Record stuff on TV.
Didn't know it was a technique you can learn. Just thought he was unique in his abilities.
I'll check his videos out, thank you.

my nigga

>no such thing as chemical imbalance
I'm not surprised a dumb nigger psychiatrist doesn't know what a neurotransmitter is. You're otherwise right that depression is a meme though