Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

How do I convince my friend to immediately gtfo out of this pyramid scheme he's trying to get people to join, including me? I know he means well, but he's naive as fuck. How do I explain it to him in the best way possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1oHjHI7EpQD0QZ0Hyx7wu9k-nvpjS_G98RU_u9DHW0IA
youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you can't

Don't. Why is it your problem? Let him learn the hard way.

He's a good friend. A bit retarded but a friend nonetheless. I just want to educate him before he's too far deep.

Ahem this whole economy is a pyramid scheme

Don't educate him, stubborn people can't be reasoned with.
Ask him questions. Instill doubt. Point out inconsistencies in their rhetoric in such a way that he thinks HE'S the one who realized they're full of shit.

And if all that fails, point him to a pyramid scheme that seems to offer even better returns so he gets buyer's remorse before he actually buys in.
>10 grand? that's chickenfeed, i heard about a better programme that can earn you 34 grand! I'm not saying Pyrascheme won't make you money, I'm just asking, why aim low friend?

Dang man - you missed quints by one..

Anyhow. laugh at him and get him super drunk on your dime, like tequila shots wasted.

While he is drunk cnvince him to light some of his money on fire, even if its just a 5 dollar bill.

Make sure there are some charred remains near him when he wakes up

Tell him you love him but he can be a real dumbass

Then help him get ajob as a bartender

Question #13:

docs.google.com/document/d/1oHjHI7EpQD0QZ0Hyx7wu9k-nvpjS_G98RU_u9DHW0IA

Explain the scheme to us

Alright, I tried setting him straight, but he hasn't responded in over an hour. I think they already sunk their claws into him.

It's Kyani.

I really believe friends should really reflect who you are. If you hang out with morons then you're probably a moron.

If he's really that dumb, just walk away from the Friendship because really his stupidity will affect you

>im here for strange reasons because i spent most of my life in the hotel industry and quit one day and stayed upemployed for way too long so I'm not sure what to do with myself. so apologies for knowing nothing about this board.

however as someone who has witnessed almost ever pyramid scheme first hand you should not discount the absolute fact that there are a lot of people making money in the pyramid. those people have magical personalities. i would say a lot more people make money on those schemes than anyone thinks. I've seen the same group of people selling energy, cosmetics, magic herbs, magic coffee, model shoots, etc. they rent rooms at expensive hotels for years. they spend a lot of money and drive nice cars. they do make money. however there is just a churn of chumps at the bottom who will never make it. some schemes are far more shitty than others and prey on the weak like the modeling thing. but people make bank on mary kay and avon. and people actual get a product. but you have to be prepaired to pitch that shit to every sucker you run into that day. spend 20 bucks and call him a moron.

HBO covered this topic on John Oliver. They do a fine of explaining MLM / Pyramid Schemes on a mainstream level. Just show him this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

In Germany the pyramid scheme is called Schneeballsystem=Snowball System, like a snowball that is rolling down a hill. Find it cooler desu.

That's all I have to say.

did he fall for the Amway meme?
> old friend invites me McDee's
> free lift + free mcdees ok
> "hey user I want you to meet a great guy"
> spend 3 hours listening the pyramid scheme..

you can make tons of money, but you must work so hard

I think my friends were into the energy drink shit for about a week, they asked me to join and I instantly had a feeling it was a pyramid scheme.

welcome to the NHK

pyramid schemes are designed to play on people's psychology. once someone is convinced its almost impossible to dissuade them.

idk punch him

pyramid schemes always make you money at first because they give you new member's benefits and huge bonuses on initial sales. the issue is eventually you run out of people to sale to and you're never going to hit the point where you're making more money passively than you have to pay for membership (whether its a flat fee or a "you have to buy so much of our shitty overpriced product").

The only way you could possible make money long term in a pyramid scheme is to be in on the scam. saying otherwise is mathematically impossible.

Get him interested in anticapit.al instead. It's real

Your best hope is to tell him those people that say they are making 100,000 a year after a year are liers, but it's hard because of

>wew lad it's such a brilliant idea I wish I had money to invest in it :S
and he won't bug you again

I don't mean just at first. Some people are making money passively in more than one pyramid at the time. I've seen about 20 different people over the years renting giant conference rooms for at least 5 year stretches. I've mailed out invoices to them when I worked in accounting that were enormous and they always paid on time. As far as I'm concerned most people with half a brain on in it. its just how good are you at selling. the people that make money have a ton of people under them. and they don't run out of people under them. They continue to sign up more people than drop out. if you press them on it you will get a more realistic sales pitch on the day to day of people higher up on the pyramid. Most people are getting screwed but some people are aggressive enough that they don't run out of people. Those people at the top dont really worry about buying product they give what they buy away to try and get some repeat orders or promote the brand.

I'm not saying in general its not a terrible shitty career for most people but I've observed enough to know that a few people dovery well with it. those people aren't thinking about getting their neighbors to buy toilet paper from them. they are thinking how do I sign up 300 morons to sell toilet paper for me.
I hadn't seen the energy drink one in about 10 years but I swear they must put something intense in it because that group was always in the bathroom.

I actually meant energy as in gas/electricity. its a weird one.

Yeah, join my pyramid scheme instead! Also nice almost 4-quints there, OP.

16VhPNvjEtxDwxaSE4NuKKJZRSrLW84Tx7