You've got $100 million to kickstart a new race series. What are the ground rules...

You've got $100 million to kickstart a new race series. What are the ground rules, venues and how do you procure teams and sponsors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hzAl41U_Nls?t=18s
youtube.com/watch?v=2bmqdnx5R1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

$100m is pocket change

Only I'm allowed to participate, the prize is $100 million.

>muh caranime
fuck off desu

>Dirt Circuit - like speedway but with left AND right turns
>Various classes
>On my block of land out in the middle of nowhere
>completely amateur
>need $$$$ for earthworks machinery and watering truck

just make overrev anime

>3k civics sponsored by local auto parts shops

Get some track that is part dirt road, and part regular road. Should not be either mostly straight away or just a bunch of hairpin turns.

All cars must be road legal.

Spend a few million on advertisement and prizes.
Pocket the rest.

Show me your moobs weeb

I'd rather help this guy out.

nah my BMI is optimal, but I'm a manlet though :'^(

asphalt circle track racing with a limit of 500hp and all cars entered have to be in regards to what wheels are powered what engine is in it and whether it is boosted or NA are factory stock with some performance modifications such as free flowing exhausts, boost controllers, intakes, etc. Basically how nascar was back in the day because now it's just the skin of some family car over a custom built v8 racecar that has nothing in common with the production vehicle

500cc four stroke naked bikes on road circuits through the -_second biggest_ city in six states.
Washington, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Colorado, Oregon.
Allow suspension, position, delivery module, and brake modifications. Showcase the engines.
Start by approaching local officials with TT numbers from around the world. Get them to market to local populace.
At each location, partner with local dealerships to put production bikes side by side with racers. They, and cycle gear, are the basic units for bike community congregation.
Hold a parallel tour ride, following the races throughout.

It's really easy to get Motorcycle sponsors for nearly anything. Each of these states is chosen for tourism thirst, in conjunction with a healthy riding community. Moreso, approaching "little brother" cities takes advantage of their inferiority complexes to take a chance like this.

The basic idea is to stimulate the production of "starter bikes" by making them cool again. Using recognizable production bikes sells them directly. Using the TT format forces non-riders to pay attention.

At the moment, Honda is the only manufacturer that sells 500's in the US. This is a dual advantage, because they are known for taking risks and have a deep enough lineup to benefit from sponsoring both the race and the tour.

A 'round the globe run with cash prizes of $30M, $20M, and $10M. $1M bonus prizes for fastest time in certain segments and other challenges. The course runs through some of the worst areas in the world and some of the most gorgeous and hits each continent's lowest point. Only one unlimited class.

Only rules are
>car must fit length/width/height requirements
>fuel consumption rate limits
>must not contain equipment meant to interfere with other drivers (no missile launchers, spike strips, blades, etc.)
Everything else is fair game.

Dirt track F1.

B I G R I G D R I F T E V E N T S

Also school bus endurance racing

F1 style race but with Landbarges

i think it'd be cool if there were jump shortcuts like mario kart.

Give everyone the same car (bonus points for something ridiculous like a Honda odyssey) and 15k for modifications and see who wins in an F1 style race. All modifications are legal

>a bunch of faggots on R3s will never drag knee through major intersections competing

General info:
>Venues are road courses of America, Canada, and Mexico (20 USA, 6 Canada, 3 Mexico)
>Grid start
>Fastest last according to time from warmup laps
>Each race is 1 hour long (regular season) and 2 hours long for championship series (30 min warmup qualifying laps for each regular and championship race)
>The car that crosses the line after regulation time first and completes the most laps wins
>Unlimited pit stops
>Racing must be as clean as possible (this isn't a demolition derby lel)
>Teams can use a different car for each race.
>Each team must have a distinct livery and team name
>1 race per week
>1st place is 30 points, 2nd place is 29 points, etc..
>Regular season Jan-Oct
>Each season starts in the first week of January
>Championship series is in November
>30 teams are allowed in regular season
>Top 16 teams with highest points are allowed in the champ series
>First race 16 teams
>2nd race top 8 teams
>3rd race top 4 teams
>4th race top 2 teams

Car regulations:
>Cars must be street legal (kind of like drag week)
>Performance points based on HP, weight, and drag coefficient.
>500whp limit
>Only production cars allowed
>Tires must be street legal
>No "vacuum" cars

1/2

2/2
Teams:
>Must have 3 drivers
>Must have 3 cars
Anyone can make a team as long as they have the budget to last the entire season
>Each team is allowed 1 designated car and 2 designated drivers per race. (If their car crashes, they can use their 2nd car, if that crashes, they can use their final car, after that, they are disqualified for that race if they crash their 3rd one. If one of the drivers is injured, the 3rd driver can come in, if all drivers are injured, the team is DQed. They can race again if they can have 3 cars and 3 drivers ready for the next race.)
>Teams are allowed 3 drivers and 3 cars in their rosters. They can be replaced if injured or totaled.
>Each team is assigned a "home courses" where they are designated to practice their drivers/tune cars when it's not a race day.

Sponsors:
>Anyone can sponsor
>Sponsors will have banners displayed on the track depending on how much they pay
>Commercials from sponsors will also be played during commercial breaks
>Sponsors can also pay for spots on cars

Broadcast:
>ESPN/TNT/ABC
>Each broadcast lasts about 2 hours (3 hours for champ series)
>30 min qualifying laps, 10 min break (intermission)
>1 hour of racing (commercial breaks every 10 min)
>10 min preview and 10 min post race review

Thoughts?

Wayyyy too much thought into this hypothetical situation

>800kg maximum weight, no other restrictions (if you can somehow squeeze 1500HP into a Cappuccino then god bless you)
>each event goes time trials > single race with the ten fastest > 1v1 battle between first and second place
>different rewards for time trial winners and battle winners
>finale is 1v1 battles between the 20 fastest racers in the season with the 10 fastest time trial guys doing their runs between each one
>tracks are less than a mile long and full of corners, focus is on technical driving rather than strategy
>build network of sponsors and try to pair them with teams (and charge for the service), but anyone who can qualify can join, even if they're not sponsored

I would recreate the Nuremberg circuit in the US

Pure unmodified production in $25k tiers (tires can be changed or adjusted but within a certain price limit)
Whatever moderately famous circuits I can afford
Just tell them it'll be fun or a good way to start their career

>inb4 someone installs some super dangerous mod and kills some people by accident

Call random ubers and tell them to race for $10k participation / $100k win price.

1. You only get one car for the whole season and can only replace wear items or fuel up between events
2. Totally random tracks from the Burgerking to Finnish rally courses to MX tracks to long overland endurance races

youtu.be/hzAl41U_Nls?t=18s
You can't go wrong with Saudi Arabia! Befriend some oil barons & just film their shit! No planning or strenuous editing required!

>starting a race

We'll, I've got a few million for insurance I suppose

No restrictions. See what happens before I’m arrested because half the drivers die on the first race.

Volk Racing in America.

youtube.com/watch?v=2bmqdnx5R1U

Veeky Forums

Id literally just revvive group b.

Build a large multi-mile high speed circuit in whatever bumfuck state has the cheapest land. It would be designed where the average speed is over 150 mph with a capability of well over 200.

Race series would use modified production cars with tiers based on HP, with obligatory unlimited class. A higher than average percentage of the production car has to remain to encourage more interesting designs in production cars. Any money left over would be used for lobbying/lawyers to keep the safety cucks away for as long as possible

Didn't mean to reply

Custom Critical Truck racing.

>3 driver crew
>a delicate payload
>Miami to Seattle, or San Diego to Maine.

victory determined by
>who got their first
>who used the least amount of fuel
>condition of payload

you can get their first, but still lose because you burned too much fuel and or banged up your payload.

first race of the seris is Prudhoe Bay Alaska to Yaviza Panama.

yest

MOTHER FUGGIN BIG RIGS

F1 but with fan cars

24 hours of lemons but with guns

Group B, but body panels are banned.

Custom built stock car racing, similar to NASCAR.
But,
>Engine must be I6 3L max displacement
>No engine rebuilds or replacements authorized during the series. Vehicle powertrain must last the entire series year. (exceptions only for wear components)
>All vehicles must be Manual transmission and stick shift.
>No suspension or brake system restrictions
>No space frame construction
>2500lb weight limit fully loaded, excluding only the driver.
>Vehicle must be constructed in a way in that complies with all US road safety regulations, although none of the safety equipment has to be fitted (other than the minimum required for racing)
>Circuits will contain paved and unpaved, gravel, snow, etc
>Suspension tuning permitted, but no component replacement for tracks, only tires

The idea is to have all these teams create the best I6 sports car thats ready to go into mass production for people to buy and drive for any event.

Stock >30 years old carbureted shitboxes racing

A "Spinout" racing league
Basically a classic snow/ice road circle racing
Tech requrement are:
>RWD
>summer road tyres
>no traction conrol, ESP aor ABS

I'd host a race running from one side of the country to the other (without getting arrested or shot)

alternatively

I'm just gonna redo group B. Except I'm going to add a rule saying you can't bitch and moan if you get killed as a spectator.

modern tour de france automobile with turbocharged twingos.

>Rules:
1. the car must be a base model car between 15-25 years old
2. You cannot spend more than $7k for the car and mods
Shitbox endurance race

i wouldnt

i'd just build my own track and block off streets at midnight

I invest the money on Touring car masters to turn it into a larger event now that v8 supercars are dead.
>old muscle cars
>little buzz boxes
>even old porsches
whats not to like?

I'd pave a road to the summit of mt. Rainer and create pikes peak 2.0

Pic of said mt rainier

Tri-World Tournament - Street Race Marathon

Legs
>Race across America, LA to NY
>Race across Europe, Paris to Moscow
>Race across Oceania, Perth to Sydney

Rules
>The first person to enter the CBD center of the finish city wins that leg and wins
>+5 points for first place, 2nd wins +3, 3rd +2 and 4th and onwards +1
>Whoever has the most points at the end of the tournament wins
>You get arrested or you die, that's your problem, the race moves on
>You are responsible for finding fuel stations

Prize
>The grand prize is $90 million dollars
>$10 million will be set aside to fly participants cars and the drivers to the legs of the race.

>Cape York to Perth
Only 4WDs are gonna be able to start all the way up there on the cape

*nonstop tire squeal*

Make NASCAR but make it go back to racing actual Stock Cars from the dealer lots on road circuits

>>Fastest last according to time from warmup laps
then everyone would just drive slow to not be last
wat

FF 3k civics only

Shitbox road rally
>$10k Max spending
>driver must have done all work on shitbox himself
>time penalty for not drink driving.

>School bus endurance racing

The entire team (pit crew, drivers, etc) must remain on the bus and all equipment must be on the bus during the rave

Some sort of drifting series like TXSL (texas street legal) where you have a drifting competition with cars that are relatively close to stock. With 100 million you could drift at pretty much any venue and there would be a decent amount of revenue for advertisements and series cash prizes.

If you could actually get 100,000 by winning the season championship you'd better believe there would be a lot of good driving. And by limiting modifications of cars built for the series, it would be less about who has the most money/sponsors and more about who is the better driver.

example of rules taken from TXSLs site.

1. Cars must be full interior, or within 90% of it.

2. AC Systems are recommended, as they make the cars better street cars, and we want you to enjoy the cars on the street.

3. Suspension is open within reason. Coil overs, modified knuckles etc. Changing subframes and engineering crazy stuff is not.

4. Fenders may be modified or replaced.

5. All cars must run Kenda tires as a way to keep costs lower for all other teams. You may petition to run a different tire if Kenda does not make a tire small enough for your vehicle

6. Glass may not be replaced with lexan. Cars must retain their head lights.

Engine Regulations.

a. Cars must retain the stock engine and stock injectors unless otherwise allowed, but ecu and reflash are open.

d. Transmissions must belong behind the motor being used from the factory.

e. We will not be monitoring boost.

f. Pump 93 octane only.

g. Allowed motor swaps are:

1. 240sx may have any generation SR20DET that came in JDM models or KA24 motors in the USDM models. KA24 motors are allowed stock SR20DET injectors and turbo to be installed.

2. SC300 may have JDM market 1JZ motors.

3. 2nd gen Miata may have the mazda speed turbo kits installed, no engine swaps are permitted.

4. AE86 may have a 2.0 liter NA motor swap, with stock injectors. For example, a BEAMS motor or a s2000 2.0 would be acceptable.

Chevy wins becaus Ecoboost will break and viper is dead.

US$100m may not be enough for this, but here it goes anyways.
I would love to see something like wipeout or f-zero but with cars.
Imagine cars going at lemans speeds with several G's of downforce going around a track with loops and turns with vertical walls. Sounds incredibly dangerous, which is what makes it fun.
Put simply, F1 with a hyperbolic track.

Take NASCAR on head first.

>Think Aussie V8 Supercar as a formula template
>Devise a series based on mass production cars with either spec engines or restricted ones
>6 speed manual, clutch
>24 races in USA, 2 in Canada, 1 Mexico
>Grid start
>Rain, night or shine
>Fair points system, points going low into the rankings
>Cash prize every race, advertising money pays off the championship winner
>24 to 32 start the race
>Teams can have two cars maximum
>Regulations on what cars can be used, how they are race modified, weight limits and engine specification
>No ovals, only road courses/infield
>Design new street race tracks on Southwestern desert roads
>>Imagine a lemans type track in Arizona, Nevada or California
>COTA starts the season and ends the season

>Everything, and I mean everything, is streamed
>Main broadcast is streamed on multiple platforms, including youtube, which has in-race ads that are not intrusive, all races are archived to be watched again later
>Have live timing for free on the website, and access tot he same live timing system the teams use
>Subscription and you get every single car's interior footage stream live, race radio transmissions and a "sights-and-sounds" stream with no announcing, just text on screen like F1's broadcasters
>Copy Sky F1's coverage methods
>Old guard tv advertising must pay for trackside logos, race coverage "sponsor ads" and race name sponsorship
>Perhaps a Netflix deal to stream live races with no ads

>B-Race segment formula is an "ultima cup", basically kit cars with one spec engine thats widely produced, maybe LS based, completely spec'd body with no changes allowed, race saturday evenings after qualification
>C-Race segment formula is open wheel V8 cars that are also completely spec, races before main formula, very inexpensive to produce (compared)

>Fans encouraged to camp out and 'tailgate' at races. Entertainment provided,

Basically, you can watch it for free, and hardcore fans get exactly what they want.

20ish street courses around the world focused on countries at the lower end of the economic and automotive scale to get more interest in engineering and high-end motorsport with a couple of crown jewel races probably in the UK, Germany and Japan. Teams may enter one, two or three cars for the season but only 2 cars may qualify for constructors points (nominated prior to qualifying for a weekend). Cars may be no wider than 1500mm, no longer than 3000mm and no lighter than 600kg at any point in the race. Cars must use the same compound and tread pattern tyre for all races in the season wet or dry. There are 3 races a weekend a 50mile and 100mile on Sat with 200miles and a reverse grid on Sunday, and there is a limit of 120kg of road petrol per race. Engines, tyres and aero are free.

Or Formula-E where the rules and race lengths are identical but they can't swap cars so need to recharge as part of the pitstop.

I like the idea of Shell Eco Marathon but on the scale of the Mille Miglia:
>Teams aren't allowed to build from scratch special-purpose cars for the event, they must pick a production vehicle
>Teams have a limited amount of fuel in order to complete the race
>However every possible bit of tech you can squeeze-in in order to max out MPG is legal
>Cars take off Mille Miglia fashion
>The race consists of a full trip around Europe/US/Australia/whatever
>The winner isn't simply the one with the best time or best instant/average MPG, instead point are awarded based on time, avg MPG, avg speed, etc...
>Teams can win the race not individual drivers
>Since it's an endurance race you can have multiple drivers taking turns but at most 4 drivers with a maximum shift of 6 hours
>If your car breaks down during the race and you cannot be fixed in less than 2 hours, it's over
>If you deplete all the fuel you had been assigned, it's over

>5 hour race

Better to be honest.