Non-American here. How many miles per year does a car in the U.S need to put up to be considered well-used...

Non-American here. How many miles per year does a car in the U.S need to put up to be considered well-used? I just read that 500 miles in 4 years is "rarely-used" in Texas.

I am also not an American.
America is a big country, you can drive for hours and still be in the same state.

Midwest burger here

I put about 100 miles a week on my car just to commute with no detours.

Took a short trip of 200 miles to a friend's house a week or so ago.

Compared to my friends and family I don't drive very much at all.

Americans on average drive 15k-16k miles or 25k km a year, which is very nearly double as much as the average annual mileage of German drivers (I'm one). Used cars with 200k miles or 320k km or used pickup trucks with 300k miles or 480k km on the clock despite being only ten or twelve years old are actually quite common.

>America
>a country

>I just read that 500 miles in 4 years is "rarely-used" in Texas
where in the world wouldn't that be?
people walk more than 500 miles per year, let alone four

Burger here. My commute is about 25 miles per day I believe I last remember.

One of the guys in my company would commute daily from about an hour away or more, something like 75 miles.

I do under 12k miles a year.
About 60 miles a day 5 days a week
Around 300 miles a week.
Theres an occasional 200 mile road trip every couple weeks.

60/day M-F is already like 15k/yr

Canuckfag here. 40 - 50k a year easily. I have a 2012 focus that I bought as a leftover in late 2013, it had 220k on it now. I commute roughly an hour to and from work in minimal traffic

I put 20-30k miles a year on my cars, usually.

But I like driving and just joyride everywhere, especially on the weekends. I knkw I'm devaluing my car but my car is meant to be enjoyed so fuck it.

I would say the 15k-20k+ mi/yr range is well-used. The average annual driving distance per year is 12k miles. The car I bought (to replace a totalled car) this past summer only averaged 3k mi/yr. That's in the 'hardly used' category.

>England is my city

500 miles in Texas won't even get you to the corner store.

This. I think I do about the same mileage per year. Always offer to drive when friends and I go out, always pick everyone up, often take the long way home when I'm alone. I just love driving. My shitbox really isn't worth much so I don't care. If I had a newer car I might drive it less but even then probably not.

500 in 4 years? Lol. I live in Texas and we put way more than that on our work truck without ever leaving the ranch

12-15k/yr is average in the US.

I put generally around 15,000 miles a year on my daily driver, and I've got two other cars that usually see another 3-5,000 miles each.

My sister puts 35,000 miles on per year.

The highest millage car I have ever owned had over 330,000 miles on it when I sold it. I know the next owner kept it at least two years. That's ~530,000 km

Shit, I run 500 miles in a week just driving back and forth to work. Probably hit 27-28k a year at least

The national average a person puts on their car in America a year is 12k

T. Insurance salesman

ive put 45k on the ol girl in three years

canada fag here, I put about 300 km a week on my car

Suck my dick roastie

Here in burgerland, everything is a long way away from everything else. You can easily drive for over 5 hours in one direction at 70-80 mph without crossing a single state line here. I'd say that anything under 5,000 miles a year would be rarely used, and 10,000 is just starting to approach average. A shipping truck can see well over 500 miles in a single day, let alone 4 years.

I took a road trip across the US and that trip alone was ~3000 miles

My commute is 35ish miles and usually i do a little cruisin afterwork so I build up miles fast

Kansan here,
I bought my car in March of 2016 with 13,000 miles on it. As of today, 22 months later, it has 48,000 miles on it.

As of this morning, exactly 7,000mi since the evening of Sept. 14. That is 111 days, for an average of just over 63mi/day or 23,018mi/yr.