What cheap Yurop van do I choose to travel around in the summer?

What cheap Yurop van do I choose to travel around in the summer?

Do you guys have any experience with vans or do you just talk about japanese street gang cars?

I'm thinking about pic related. It's cheap as fuck.

it's a shitbox used by construction worker bosnians

Well it checks out on my list:

Cheap
Big
Diesel
Okay consumption
Can sleep in it wherever I go

Transporters are okay workhorse vans, but bear in mind that they have no ventilation in the rear compartment so sleeping in them isn't a very good idea.

Oh, thanks for the info!
On the other hand you won't freeze in the winter.

they cool out within 5 minutes
Not very recomendable as a sleeping car for the winter.

You can look for mk1 Sprinters. They are larger and have rwd.
Your suggestion is good, you can get one of these for very little money. But they have weak engines, if it's a diesel I recommend you the 2.5tdi. All other options have a travel speed of max 100km/h without eating ridicioulous amounts of fuel. If you're not in a hurry you can buy any diesel T4 and sail along behind the semis.

None? Want a van? Buy a transit.

I meant van you can buy in Yurop. Not Yurop made.
My mistake.

I'VE MOVED THE THREAD BECAUSE I FUCKED UP THE OP

Get an Iveco Daily, they're the least seen diesel van at my workplace by a mile.

Unfortunately, these are too big and also expensive.

Ahh right, well I can recommend a Transporter if you're happy with the smaller form factor and FF. We had a 1.9 Transporter as a company delivery van and it was cheap and effective, noisy as sin though but surprisingly agile. Also decent on fuel, about 750 out of a tank.

Also don't buy a Transit, they've always been a shocker and the older ones use the Lucas EPIC fuel system which hasn't been supported for 15odd years. The common rail ones also have their share of problems but less than the older ones.

Actually Transporter is probably what I'm gonna get.
Small van is what I'm looking for. More like a bedroom with wheels.

>On the other hand you won't freeze in the winter

It's a bare metal box. You will freeze in no time.
If you want to sleep in a van in winter, you have to mod it with thermal insulation and electric heating.

The T4 is the second best van available for that generation

The Toyota HiAce has it beat in terms of pure reliabilit and build quality. The T4 is more comfortable tho, and came with more equipment

T4's are very good, but you'll struggle to find a low mileage one these days. Thats why I settled for a T5 instead. Be prepared to pay Transporter tax though. Prices have shot up last few years.

Also there's loads of camper conversion companies about, and spare parts are in abundance these days

Get a ford transit.

>no ventilation in the rear compartment
With OP's implied budget, I doubt that's going to be a problem. There are going to be so many busted seals, leaky panels, and rust holes that it'll ventilate.

Nope. All the supermarket delivery vans use them, so they're the most common ones on the road now. Iveco undercut Mercedes by about 20K, so they got the big contract, and everyone else followed suit.

Why would you choose Ford Transit over VW Transporter?

One more option I forgot about!

Because it's not a fucking VW, that's why. The Transit has the reputation as a reliable van that lasts forever. VW does not, because it IS not.

80% of the owner-operated vans on the road will be a ford transit. Most of the rest will be Iveco fleet vans because they cut deals for huge companies that want custom bodies.
Your budget won't stretch to a Mercedes Sprinter. They're still worth a shitton after a decade of heavy use, because they last, and that's IF the muslim families are selling. Which they probably won't be.

Fair point but those cars are HUGE.
I'm looking for something more stealthy like T4 or Vito here

No it doesn't user, the Transit has a reputation for eating parts and being unreliable but being the only LWB RWD option for years.

I know there's plenty out there but we don't see them. We don't do basic service work, only repair work.

Don't touch a VW Caddy fucking shit vehicles.

Hiace is good, though you could always try a minivan approach and rip out the rear seats? It will lose the stealth element though.

I did that with a 98 Mazda MPV