What will be the next car company to go out of business?

What will be the next car company to go out of business?

Some irrelevant small-time car manufacturer that no one gives a shit about.

Buick

Tesla

buick mitsubishi maserati

Tesla.

>Buick
Buick is one of the best selling brands in China, and China is buying more new cars than anybody right now.

>GM lost the opportunity to simply rebadge Opels as Buicks
Might actually happen despite them selling like hotcakes in China.

these
you can barely call that pyramid scheme a """"""car""""""" """"""company"""""""

Maserati probably, could also be lotus

None. All the western brands have history, and the Chinese would rather sink billions into them so they can make money off their names instead of letting them go out of business. I mean, they're even reviving brands that haven't built cars in 55 years.

They tried that with Saturn and it didn't work, why would they try it with Buick?
I mean other than "GM Execs are lazy and stupid"

Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi

They sell promises and an air of superiority, not cars.

The growing Asian market will keep Mitsubishi be going, plus on a global scale their sales for 2017 were actually up from previous flat years.
As long as China exists, Buick will exist.
Maserati will just keep getting passed around like the cheap party girl it is. The badge history is desirable enough that someone will always want to buy it.
Tesla is a good candidate since they offer no affordable mass market option, but if they don't get too big too fast they can ride it out.
All the brands popping up in China and SEA will undergo consolidation most likely, like the early 20th Century American market.
I think in general we'll see more buy outs/consolidation than outright closures.

>Mitsubishi
Good riddance

>It's an "Veeky Forums doesn't realize America isn't an important car market anymore" episode

eat a dick faggot vapewarrior

Honda

Good riddance fuck you ricers.

That one company with all the cars I don't like that are driven by people that are different from me.
They'll go out of business for sure.

Chrysler

I hope to Christ it's GMC. Besides supplying Stacey with garbage-tier suburban shopping wagons, what the fuck is this brand even for?

Commercial fleet sales, which is every big manufacturer's real money maker.

Jaguar

Basically Tata's luxury division and also selling well in China. Not going anywhere anytime soon.

gmc isn't bad, but it is a bit redundant, I'm thinking Infiniti gets the axe, no one buys them and they are shit.

like the american government jews are gonna let that happen

>Commercial fleet sales
And why can't commercial fleets buy the exact same vehicle with a Chevrolet badge?

Lets hope its chevy

+1 for infiniti. least significant car brand ever.

Mazda.

>No cars over 180hp.
>No performance vehicles.
>No RWD's unless you're "one of those" that are into Miata's.
>Dumping fuckloads into pointless technology.
>Shit reliability.

And that's just the present. I'm not even going into the past and those issues.

Because GM is a badge whore? Still though, GMC is one of their most lucrative subdivisions so despite your dislike it's not going away.

Seriously, is this just a "brands I don't like" thread?

Yeah, I work construction as a framer and half the trucks I see are GMCs.

Our fleet vehicles are 90% GMC trucks and we have a couple Ram diesels.

To some I guess. That Mazda fag must've been touched by a 323 driver when he was a tyke.

fiat will have one more go at maserati with electrification before they succumb into abyss
if that fails they're pretty much fucked

Mazda is doing OK. They are opening a production center in the US which should help them make more profit.

Performance vehicles don't sell. Crossovers are where the volume is. Their CX 5 is a great car and sells well.
>pointless technology
The most fuel efficient motors on the market don't seem pointless to me.

>Performance vehicles don't sell
But...cars are for going fast. I don't understand.

Threads like this remind me that if car enthusiasts actually ran the automotive industry we'd be back to riding horses in a generation.

Your genetic line will die off long before Honda will.

Pontiac

My votes are for jaguar and infiniti

Aston Martin
Mitsubishi
Infiniti
Hell, just take Nissan as a whole. I've hated Nissan since the first time I sat in one 1992 Autoshow

>Pontiac

Dude srs, why not Saab? or oldsmobile, or saturn?

Plymouth?

Wish it would be Chevrolet. Most mundane, low quality, ugly as fuck, uninspired cuckmobiles available.

Nice chart, sort of spell it all out. Tesla is a bubble, and they'll never ever sort out the manufacturing side of business. Unless they move out of the desert and to somewhere that blue collar workers and experienced engineers exist. Their labor force and technicians are potato level. As bad or worse than Mexican plants Ive been through

How the fuck does Tesla help the environment? You still need to burn coal to get electricity to charge the damn things

>As bad or worse
>worse

never seen a mexicant car cracked from the factory.

The only way you're going to help the environment is by killing yourself. Coal powerplants are bad but still more efficient than ICE's. Tesla's would still cease to exist without diesel.

it makes the useful idiots feel better. they dont buy fuel and that saves the world in their mind.

When the chinese start manufacturing Packards as rebadged Ching Chongs I will kill myself.

Are you stupid? A manual Lancer is a god-tier econobox compared to a Corolla.

Tesla

No more government gibs propping them up, now we begin the descent.

>Lincoln
>All current models are just fancy versions of Ford's that may or may not be made in the future.
>Unlike Cadillac and Buick, Lincolns don't sell for shit in China.

What am I looking at here

Opel

They would have been long gone, be it not for the GM buyout.

Opel
Holden
Vauxhaul

>Their labor force and technicians are potato level. As bad or worse than Mexican plants Ive been through
i cant wait for investors to take the money and run

Lotus has Proton behind them, there's no way they will go out of business.

>people thinking Mitsubishi will go out if business

Fags, they may stop making cars but that company is so big and profitable that the day they go out if business is the day the Japanese government collapses.

Lancia.
They only make one car.

>what will be the next car company
>car company
>car
at this point everyone knows mitsu isn't just about cars

they're going to become PSAs all electric brand

The A pillar of a $100k+ car.

They should have just stick with Vauxhall

Mitsubishi is an enormous company, their cars are a tiny part of it. It's probably the most secure car company in the world.

You do know that Zhejiang Geely owns Volvo, Lotus, London Black cabs, Terrafugia, 40% of Proton & 5% of Daimler right?

Chrysler
Fiat
GM

Anything that goes fast costs at least 40 thousand dollars.

The new Buick Regal is just a rebadged Opel Insignia.

If they have too much wrapped in model 3 production and it takes another year or so to ramp up production they could be screwed.

There are plenty of Opels in Yurop and I drive one myself. It's not a car you can be enthusiastic about, but I like mine :v shame some rust to shit.

Vauxhall can go, it only exists to make bongs better about themselves, just admit you're driving an Opel.

>they're going to become PSAs all electric brand
Ugh what? Got any source on that?

i drive a vbody actually

Saab is dead.

Joke
-----------
Valve cover
-----------
Cams
-----------
Valves
-----------
Valve seats
-----------
Your head

>plenty of opels in yurop

Eeh, compared to other brands, even the koreans overpower them. Shame tho, the GTC is gorgeous but has not trump card for its class, lacks in all fields and the interior is classic opel "ALL ZE BUTTONS, KARL" overcluttered.

>Pontiac
>Poor
>Old
>Nigga
>Thinks
>It's
>A
>Cadillac

>the interior is classic opel "ALL ZE BUTTONS, KARL" overcluttered.
What?

Pontiac has been dead since the early 2000's

I think some people fail to see the joke that ALL of these have been dead for some time now.

Chinese money is way artificially devalued m8. And cars don't operate like Walmart.

Vauxhall is an wholly separate company from Opel in a lot of rights. It has its own HQ and a few technical centres where development takes place.

t. worked for vauxhall/opel/gm/peugeot/opel GmbH/whatever it is now

That's best Astra - G.

Newer ones had gazilion button, just look at this shit.

Okay point made.

Outside UK? :^)

No, but Opel didn't have anything outside of Germany, technically. The official plant names were GMM (General Motors Manufacturing)

>Pull apart a Chrysler 4.7 alternator
>Mitsubishi stamp big and bold

>Step into bank
>Mitsubishi air con

>Mitsubishi truck delivers my shipment of dragon dildos

>Fishing boat I bought my tuna from has a Mitsubishi marine engine

Even if you don't buy a Mitsubishi car you are still supporting their business indirectly.

No shit! The whole Tesla thing is really putting the cart before the horse if you look at the big picture. IF the majority of our electricity came from "green" sources then MAYBE the argument would hold water for me until you look at the very limited natural resources that go into the batteries of these things. If Tesla had the market share of GM they would run out of shit to make the batteries in their cars very quickly. Far quicker than we would run out of oil. I will give them credit that it's a great idea, just needs some more work.

>Inb4 buy a 5.0 fox/treefiddy fishcar and slap $10k fags in it arrive

Ask me how I know you're still riding a bus

>hey boss, this a pillar looks torn, shouldn't we send it back?
>PAINT IT MOTHERFUCKER

PONTIAC
Pix
Ot
Ngain
Tony
I
A
C

>hurrr durrr what is spending all your revenue on R&D/expanding your network/back into the company than paying dividends?

I don't even like Tesla but you fucking morons are so fucking gullible HURR GRAPH AGREES WITH ME TESLA BAD HURRR

Yeap, it's one of those monster companies, they're also one of the only companies left still making their own turbos for their vehicles, most of their electrics are in house, Nissan bought into Mitsu for access to their diesels.

Tesla has only made it this far because of subsidies from the gubmant for EV vehicles and even with truck loads of free money they still cant turn a profit. Im also pretty sure the gubmant turned off the EV gibs faucet so if that faggot cant get his shit straight Telsa wont be around to much longer.

Probably Subaru
If Americans do not buy it will crash soon
This company is biased towards America

oh my goodness a corporation that is trying to make a new product in a cutthroat market is receiving subsidies from the govt? lol what cucks

good thing oil companies, farming conglomerates, food companies, car companies, internet companies and so on don't receive massive subsidies as well, because they're clearly good boys that play by the book. The nerve of some south african nerd trying to thrive into the glorious American "Free Market"1

>ive invested my life savings into telsa and instead of recognizing it as the ponzi scheme it is I am going to ride the plane all the way into the ground.

Sell your stock m8.

I drive a V8 Jap truck
I'm just not some braindead kekistani HURRR GUYS SEE! NO PROFIT = TESLA IS DOOMED HURRR PRAISE KEK faggot who can't comprehend simple economics

Tesla is not out of trouble, but the problem with ameritards like you is failing to recognize that a company that's still expanding its product line and network will not be profitable until it has established a strong market presence. Doing the American Retard way is shortsighted and stupid, but what can you expect from a bunch of mutts who elected a manchild into the Oval Office

>Doing the American Retard way of HURRR TIME TO PAY DIVIDENDS 2 MONTHS AFTER OUR IPO!*