Is this a good deal? My first car ever ready to purchase soon

Is this a good deal? My first car ever ready to purchase soon
>nissan 350z 2003
>$6000
>170,000miles
>3L V6
>everything clean drives damn near stock considering high mileage
>minor cosmetic mods pretty much stock
My dad hates this car and told me not to get it but I'm buying it and insuring it on my on so.. (I'm 20 btw)

he's right. You'll wrap yourself around a pole.

I'd maybe check out the engine make sure it's in great shape. Heard those nissan v6's have some issues in the higher mileage range. Also I'm suprised your dads giving you shit I thought those were the official dad sports cars. My dad loves those

my lexus has 180k miles and ive had to fix passenger latch assembly, all locks, new tires, bleed brakes, fix fuel pump ecu, fix passenger seat mech, replace headlights, airbox mod, oil, filter, seafoam, and as of 2 days ago the starter, be ready to replace stuff like that over maintinence type shit at that kinda milage. and be ready for siezed/rusted solid bolts

Save up for one with less miles or get a 3k civic, 350z with low miles is dirt cheap. Get one with under 100k

Yeah maybe

I checked it out as far as my knowledge of engines would take me, seems alright for what it is.. Definitely not the best shape but for a used 350z from 2003 it's understandable

Have a mechanic check it out too.

If the repairs don't rape you the insurance will, have you even talked to an agent about how much you'll be paying to insure?

Hey Op, have them put it on a lift and look for oil and other fluid leaks underneath. Use a cloth to wipe crusted/burnt oil off to see if it has actual leaks.

Yeah insurance will be $600/6mo

That might be more than what I bargained for

Suspension will be toast at that milage, expect to replace alot of expensive shit, get an NA 300zx with low miles instead

>03 350Z
>170k miles
>6K
dude are you A fucking retard? please don't buy this car

Alright guys I won't get it thanks

im also contemplating redoing the bushings because they have all turned to black marshmellow goo

>350z
>3L V6

Something is wrong here user

user, that's not the engine that should be in that car.

>not making your parents pay for your insurance

>170k miles
that car is on its last leg

>Nissan
>170K miles

this is entry level car mechanic shit
don't sweat it

i know what it feels like to see something so beautiful and really want it, i also know what it's like to pass it up, patience is something you got to learn, young one.

Run run far away take it from me not with a grain of salt but with a sense of underwhelimg familiarity that comes with your car never going fast and always having something broken all while siphoning oil from the depths of hell.

That year is going to devour a quart of oil every 500mi and if you don't top it up every time you get gas the engine will eat itself.

Is that normal practice for jobless black men?

>Also I'm surprised your dads giving you shit I thought those were the official dad sports cars.

Yeah, I honestly have no fucking clue how that works.

>be me a year ago, gonna buy 3k civic
>no son buy a decent car, those cars are shit, maintenance, japcrap, etc.
>end up buying a bicycle because I live above a store downtown and have no parking or _need_ for a car
>be me now, looking at S30
>Wow, I used to see those driving around when I was in highschool, those are excellent cars and I think this is a very smart purchase
>meanwhile I have no idea if I can afford to maintain one if it has any serious issues.

At least I could work on it with my dad though.

I'm not jobless. nice projection. and why would i need motorcycle insurance if i didn't have a motorcycle. Take your meds retard

You're a jobless leech, seek a better way of life

>still projecting
lol

Hillary lost, get over it sperg

keep sperging

Do it. Then you'll suffer from your stupidity.

Maybe try looking at used G35s same engine but much nice interiors and a bit more useful.

Youll be fine. Just take care of it . and here I wanted to get 8k out of my 05 6spd w/ 87k . perhaps it isnt too farfetched

G owner here, check the oil and ask the owner if it eats oil as most vq35de do. Listen for any engine knock in case it ran out of oil at some point. Check if 3rd gear is good as many go out. Look for any leaks of course. Listen to see if the timing chain rattles a lot as the tensioners have issues sometimes. I think 4.5k is probably the real value of the car. Check if it has the vlsd option. Good luck op, I love the vq35 and 350z/g35

do not buy it dude. you're buying a pretty overpriced 350z with cosmetic mods. you can get a lower mileage one for the same price, that hasn't been fucked with in any way.

unless you're buying the highest trim model, which still isn't really worth it, you're losing hard. it will cost you more than you think to restore to a condition where you won't be worried about something going out at any moment.

I like 350z models too, but they're not really known for being so hot at mileages that high. you'll likely need multiple suspension replacements, and some basic maintenance on the engine, belts, plugs, wires, and anything else rubber. that's easily 2k worth of extra work. 2k better spent on a more mint 350z

I've been driving an 03 350z for 2 years.
Don't buy that thing. 6k for 170k miles is dogshit. If you want a 350z, find one with the VQ35HR in it. Avoid Rev-Up engines as they are known to burn oil.

Don't listen to your fuck head Dad OP, 350Zs are cool little cars. Just take it really easy and if you're going to do any stupid bullshit test out the cars limits on a hood area of clear quiet back road, somewhere with good runoff either side of the road just in case. Just don't be a retard and you won't kiss a telephone pole.

I actually quite like the 350Z, more than the 370Z at least. I just like the styling more than the 370Z. Thing you'll notice about the engine is that it's a little lathargicin the low revs, at least the one I tested was when I was looking at them. It should help prevent you finding a tree lodged halfway up your ass.

I read the whole thread, don't think I'm getting it anymore guys.. Quite sad since I wanted a cool car I like, but would it help any the fact I'm only going to be driving to work which is 2 miles everyday (to and back)

DE and Revup DE engines are garbage, get an HR VQ, which means 2007 and up

>6k
>170k miles
Holy fuck you're retarded OP. Wait for a better damn deal on a car with less miles. I wouldn't pay more than 4k for that

That's a very solid deal for a clean title. Everybody thinks their sports cars are worth way more than what they really are. If you wanted to be a douche, you could price it like others I've seen for like 12k with that mileage

This. You should be able to find one with 100k miles for 5k if you keep an eye out and are willing to travel a bit.

Yeah they got the superior engine but 07 cars are twice what 03 cars cost. Cheapest 2007 within my state is asking 12k. Might be able to talk them down to 10k but you'll never get better than that. Hard sell for me personally.

>170k 14 year old nissan
Lol hello oil leaks and shitty mods galore

Have fun working on that car

>600/6 months
Jesus my 200hp 30 year old toyota is more than double that and I'm the same age. Wtf

>350z
Stopped reading there. You did horribly.

this seems lke the right place to ask so here goes. I'm about to buy a 07 seat leon fr tsfi with 120k on the clock, no service history since 60k miles but it actually drives well, very little wobble in the gears, engine sounds good and throttle is responsive. Im assuming the guy has looked after it, he put dump valves on it im not sure why

is there anything i should check out before i fire away and buy this beast cost is £2,500

Have fun being stuck with all of the repair bills on the ancient suspension parts that have been slowly dying for the last 100k miles

Why don't you buy a rental mustang or something?

Your dad's right.

>170k
Unless it's had a rebuild or has been checked and serviced every single year, don't bother. The timing chain's probably fucked (the 350Z should have the timing chain replaced at 125~k miles).

Your Dad's a retard. You should ALWAYS buy Japshit since they're cheap, reliable and have tons of parts available on the market.

Hop on that s30. Tons of parts of available and are fairly easy to maintain.

>>nissan

just fuck the nope out of my shit up...user

>fat shitty car
>lots of miles
>probably slower than a V6 camry, nothing special
>too expensive

depends on where you live. you probably live in a city and he lives in some rural area

you can get more car for the money.
Look for a Lancer Ralliart from like 09 or 2010. They sell for around that much and are a way better car.

i bought a 350z 2003 enthusiast with 160k miles for $5250. Had it for 3 months now, love the thing, im using it as a daily as of now cuz my project car is on jacks.

a 350z is a shit car and ur probably a shit driver. I bet ur posting this from ur parents basement too.

Dude these cars are fucking SLOOOOOW. Dont waste your time. Buy some shitty pony car. Any is better than that hunk of junk.

I watched a 99 automatic mustang beat one of the 370z. It was a fucking disgrace.
Whatever power these nissan Zs make. Halve it. That's how they feel. That's how they drive.
Some later years even have fucking plastic driveshafts.

Lets not even talk about replacing parts. Ive heard these things are a nightmare more than the 300z.

If youre gonna get anything. Get something low on miles. Low on price. Low on expectations. Then enjoy it.

>buy higher mile car because its cooler
>want to do sik mawdz
>every bolt is seized, ever stud on the exhaust breaks
>transmission bolts were over torqued
>break bolts in block trying to do a clutch job.
>spent hundreds on drills, taps, liquid wrenches, torches, and the like
>car ended up getting run over by a lifted truck who ran a red light

Never do high mileage again.

170k miles on a 350z are much different than 170k on an accord, That car has had the living shit beat out of it for that many miles do the math you fucking pothead.

>170kmiles

Why do americans think this is a good purchase? Anything with over 100k miles here is high mileage