Thinking about getting an old used pickup to learn stick. Thinking something like pictured. Thoughts...

Thinking about getting an old used pickup to learn stick. Thinking something like pictured. Thoughts? What should I be expecting to pay for something in acceptable shape?

8-10k

Expect to overpay for a toyota. Find a ranger or nissan hardbody. A few grand should get a decent one unless you live in a mexican area. Then you will be in a sellers market

That's not so bad, thanks. Are there any common problems to look out for regarding either one of these?

You'll have a hard time finding a nice single cab short bed because everyone wants that configuration

12k atleast.

These things are overpriced, you are better off with a Frontier.

If you're just looking for a learner you can get an old S-10 for pocket change.

If you just want to learn stick for another car just buy that car. It takes a fucking hour or less to get the basics.

I'm quite fond of my econobox right now and it still has many miles left on it. I like the idea of having a workhorse truck as a second car, I'm not expecting to use it a ton for actual hauling but the option to do so would be nice.

Mitsu Mighty Max. They usually go for under 2k

The clutch master cylinder on Ranger's aren't the best designed. Just make sure that the reservoir is topped up and you'll be fine.

why do americans feel the need to buy another car in sole purpose of learning to drive stick ? this is ridiculous

>why do americans
OBSESSED

Dragged mine out of a field for 300 bucks

Good luck finding another, they all rusted to bits

>amerifats getting triggered over one simple question

like clockwork, and they say aussies are the sensitive ones

>yuropoor asking retarded questions just to feel superior for once

Try harder

The master isn't the problem, it's the slave cylinder that will ruin your day.

>amerifats getting offended by a question

jej

triggered

imagine being this OBSESSED

this is funnier if you read it like "he does LITERALLY FUCKING ANYTHING" like americans are absolute madmen who you tell to do things or they tell you they intend to do something and then they actually do those things like what absolute legends haha

what do u expect is a cuntry that microwaves water for their coffee

Goddamnit I just wanted to learn about buying used pickups fuck off.

that's what you get for being american, cunt

get spit on bitch

Just go 3k honda.

>getting a gas guzzling piece of shit that can't handle snow or ice as it is to learn stick

just get a fucking cheap coupe jesus

I picked up an '01 ranger on craigslist for 2k a few months back from a man who I later learned has EIGHT OWIs under his belt.
It needed a radiator, shackle mounts, fuel filler neck, upper ball joints, and a front wheel bearing.
Those are common issues for these, but then again, you'd be hard pressed to find one that's been more abused.

I linked American sympathizers too you faggot

I don't have to deal with snow or ice and I have a job that can afford fueling something that doesn't get more than 20mpg so I'll do what I want

Hiluxes are good on fuel compared to alot of coupes.

Old pickups are comfy, I wish I could've kept my old toyota.
It was a piece of shit and unsafe as fuck to drive, and had been backyard mechanic'd to hell, but it was comfy.

Thank Mazda for that one.

We have reliable electric service that allows us to use microwave radiation to heat water. What does this have to do with having more than one car?

Seconding old Ranger, S10 or Nissan. Cheap, decent reliability and easy to learn on. An old blazer or explorer will work if you can find them cheaper, should be the same experience as their corresponding trucks.

1996 f150 xl, standard cab short bed rwd, 300 inline six w/ 5 speed. 187k miles, and it's from Alabama so it has no rot on it anywhere
$2,700

It doesn't. They're just using any different thing America does as an excuse why they're better.

I learned to stick in my dad's 80s s-10, the square body ones were bulletproof.

About tree fiddy

>buy 2K civic
>buy B18
>???