GM couldn't bring themselves to sell cars that aren't shit

>GM couldn't bring themselves to sell cars that aren't shit
>That's why you can't have a Saab 9-5x aero

Wow thats a fucking ugly turd

9-5 Aeros still exist though.

Now just fucking try finding a SportCombi.

Tasteless twat

sad truth.
GM should stay the fuck out of EU, we've already got VAG.

>only one in my area is a beige color

They recently completely pulled out and sold Opel to PSA.

I prefer the 9-3 desu

>paint doesnt exist

GM only bothers with cars that have huge profit margins.
Why would they spend money on advertising cars like Saabs and Opels only to steal sales from their other, much more profitable sedans?

That's the thing, they had nothing else in Europe. They tried selling Daewoos as Daewoos, they tried selling them as Chevys, but none of that worked very well.
And Buick, whose lineup consists for a large part of Opel rebadges, is one of their most profitable brands right now. Mainly because China.

>a rebadged opel
why are people so eager'd to shit on GM yet worship partsbin clapboxes simply because it comes from a brand they have a sentimental feeling towards... a car like this already exist, like it? buy a Buick Regal or (if you live in europe) Opel Insignia.

Fpbp

>trusting some body shop with removing your engine and stripping down your interior.

Not to mention the fact that you will sand down your car's galvanic coat making it a rust magnet.

>m-m-muh airplanes!

The thing about Saab was no matter who owned them, they refused to cheap out. Platform's not up to their safety standards? Just re-engineer then whole damn thing and build the best car you can on there.

gone but not forgotten
if only bald egg man didn't pussy out of the deal

nobody could bring themselves to buy the piece of shit that a brand new Saab vehicle was, that's why you can't have them anymore

Typical American taste. let me guess, you find this grill beautiful right?

i would actually love to own one of these with a 5-speed.

>no matter who owned them, they refused to cheap out
so why did they sell themselves out like the 2-dollar whore they were sperging so hard trying not to be? i'm pretty sure they were allowed to say "no" to anyone who tried to buy them and just continue their ways until their eventual fold.
>Platform's not up to their safety standards? Just re-engineer then whole damn thing and build the best car you can on there.
It sounds like the company should've just been liquidated so the engineers could be freed up to work for Volvo or something and make those more safe or tailored to what they thought a car should be rather than staying on a sinking ship and having this passion of their's choked out. some manufacturers just flat-out set records when their passion was allowed to run wild.

Sadly their perfectionism didn't lead to big profits, so they needed bigger companies to support them. And some of the engineers behind their torque monster turbo 4s did join the team that developed GM's Ecotec family, which is a damn good engine family.

not even close
also Saab didn't offer anything worth mentioning, had outdated styling and wasn't a good alternative to any other car

Saab could never do this.

its not a rebadged opel at all. saab were meant to use the same platforms but kept doing there own thing to great cost due to the utter shite opel and vauxhall bases (vectra, insignia) that GM wanted saab to use. GM didnt like it and threw them to the wolves. evwn though they cease to exist im glad saab stuck to their principles and remained a cut above, rather than sell out and just be rebadged shite.

Build a really slow car that costs a shit ton of money? They probably could have if they wanted to.

Build a really luxurious, stunningly elegant car that they could legitimately charge over $100k for and still have peole buy it.

Then don't bring it to "some body shop" dumb poorfag.

you're trying too hard lad.

You're not trying hard enough.

Just like Saab.

Fuck you I loved my NG 9-5 Aero. I got so, so many compliments on the car and I preferred it to my dad's Cadillac CTS-V (except for the power the V has).

Those were really, really underestimated cars. I really wish I could have kept mine (drunk driver hit me).

Dumb.

I love the black a-pillar. Reminds me of my car.

This guy gets it.

>5.0+ to 100/62
>400rwhp
>1950kg/4350+ kurb
NOPE

>also Saab didn't offer anything worth mentioning
toward they end this is pretty much true. The 9-5, both og, and ng were the safest cars available, and had respectable performance in aero trim. The 9-5og did start getting long in the tooth and gm did cheap out with the interiors. The 9-5ng is pretty nice, if you don't like one you have most likely never been in one.

>5 seconds to 60
False.

If GM knew what they knew now, would they have tried to keep SAAB?

By what they know now I mean Volvos selling like hotcakes, nobody in their right mind buys Cadillac sedans, SUV sales booming. GM *desperately* needs a Euro brand because smart wealthy gen Xers will *never* buy a Buick or Cadillac

>4.6+
Literally a boat

They got close, but GM pulled the plug

was it fwd?

It was just an exterior, no drive or powertrain, no real interior.

looks like a thicc 9 5 cross a 370 i like

>saab were meant to use the same platforms but kept doing there own thing
There's only so much you can do to someone elses platform, engine and transmissions/drivetrains and even then saying its not a rebadge is a stretch.
>If GM knew what they knew now, would they have tried to keep SAAB?
No, Buick prints money and is a more popular brand in China than volvo and especially saab. Cadillac also sales more sedans in China and the US than volvo. those badges mean more there than the swedish ones so dropping saab and keeping brands like Buick is a no-brainer in a country who's population is 2+ billion vs Europe a population of 700 mill.

Fpwp