Do a couple donuts

>do a couple donuts
>engine blows up
Why do people like this overpriced piece of shit?
Or is it only vape kids and rally bros?
youtube.com/watch?v=K5e1EAd2k3o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imFLb7a-4fI
youtu.be/K_EgjDsGY5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>looking at comments
>But the car is not built to do that!!
Pathetic

That puts a fuckload of stress on an already stressed engine and drive train. Even the GT-R manual is going to tell you not do drift it or do donuts.

A modern 3600lb Subaru would last 2 minutes at -not even trying- rally speeds. The sit like 2 inches off the ground. So you're stuck with a pavement queen now and now there's many other rwd sports cars that do it better.

>REAL awd
>300hp
>6-speed gearbox
>decent fuel economy
>enormous aftermarket
>between $25k-$30k new

I read that the subarus oil pan is too shallow so the engine gets oil starvation when cornering aggressively, an oil sump system is neccessary if you plan on driving the car hard.
Really stupid for a "rally icon"

>25-30k
Wtf?

That's WRXs which also have open diffs, 6 inches of ground clearance, 160lb front/120lb rear spring rates, and 205mm tires.

STis have a deeper pan and baffle for their cornering loads.

yfw all the fanboys are gonna blame the owner for not changing the oil or some lame bullshit when EJs blew up brand new under warranty all the time

>all the fanboys are gonna blame the owner for not changing the oil or some lame bullshit
i believe that if the owner is dumb enough to do donuts in his STI, should have just bought a mustang

>road cars aren't designed to be racing/burnout cars even though they're marketed as such.
Wowowooowowowowowoow

can confirm
t. motor blew under warranty

>STI
nice bait, regular WRX is 25-30k

>buying an sti
>ever
>not just buying a third gen B4 legacy or an evo

The STI is the only WRX worth getting retard

I meant the STI stupid shitter.

They arent necessarily bad cars, they just appeal to stupid cunt kids who cant resist torturing their car.

Big scoop on the hood, "cock high spoiler" and a big turbo. Three things that kids like. Most people grow out of that stage but some still remain in that stage well after receiving their license, resulting in blown engines, riced-up aftermarket and asshole grown kids.

But the regular WRX makes nowhere near 300 hp, like you claimed in your original post

So are there any other AWD cars that can do that? I'll wait.

What do you mean? Do donuts?

Any gen Evo, GT-Rs, etc.

i30

B4 liberty

>he needs awd to do a donut
youtube.com/watch?v=imFLb7a-4fI

>GT-R
Oh, you mean the car that costs 3 times more? But even if so, do you see them doing donuts?

>Any gen Evo
Evo has it's own wagon of problems. And overall worse weight distribution and handling.

I mean ok, let's get real here. Doing donuts the most retarded thing a brain dead car owner would do. Literally no skill involved spinning around. In case of AWD car this retarded stunt puts extreme stress on difs, gearbox, engine etc.

You get fast, reliable (under normal conditions) sports car that handles well and can be driven in winter with no problems.
"Ohh duuurrr but in this very video car in unknown condition had problems doing exactly what manufacturer told not to do duuuurrrr!"

I am not a fucking subaru fanboy but i can't stand reading this edgy "haha lmao it broke, what a shitty car!". Any car gonna break if you are a retard pushing it to the limit.

>the manufacturer told not to have fun in your car
Garbage car.

Blew my EJ255 at 105k. Was driving it extremely hard for a good 2 thousand miles during the summer mornings.

I imagine the previous owner used and abused it too.

>get cool awd rally car
>do a couple of donuts
i think it was intentional flaw, so people unfit to own a car could lose it as fast as possible

looking at the ground there I'd say they probably did a shitload more before they started filming it

This sort of shit is hardly uncommon, R32 GTR's liked to cook diffs without coolers and flooded the top end when worked hard without return retrictors.

get a Legacy Spec B instead

>STI's are meant to be abused with donuts
>I-it's what the manufacturer intended!

>Refers to sti specs
>uses wrx pricing.

Ok

>car is a rally icon built for being abused
>can't take any abuse in real life

no

>Donuts are the same as rally

driving the car off roads at 200mph for hours is better than doing a couple of donuts? Lmao.

It's not that it's shallow, it's almost as tall as the engine block itself. The problem is that the oil sloshes all the way to one side while cornering hard, the fix is a baffled oil pan.

For sure the rally cars subaru uses are the exact same the public gets, 100%

Just one example, the rally version hubs are overbuilt as fuck. Has to be to survive all the jumps at 100 mph.

Why can't people keep these cars stock but put sikk modz to them and ruin the reliability for 5hp increase?

Who drifts with AWD?

I drift my FWD converted 3000gt all the time

I have the Cosworth oil pan baffle in my EJ207 after having the oil light kick on during a track day.
>Did suspension / tires
>Suspension was original and the tires were well past their prime
>Car handled great around the track, knocked over 6 seconds off my laps
>Majority of my time was made in the two hairpins
>After suspension / tires and giving it hell I saw the oil light flash at me while powering out of the turn
>Immediately let off and pulled over
>Completely panicked and paranoid the entire drive home
>Upon googling there's hundreds of threads about installing the baffle into the oil pan if you intend to track it or corner hard

Oddly enough, my oil looks substantially cleaner since I installed the baffle.

GMs flagship car is the Corvette and yet it can't do numerous laps without overheating. Marketing says otherwise - drive it hard around the track all day long.

>5hp gain
Unfortunately just a proper tune that isn't leaning itself out for emissions will produce more than a 5hp gain.

Now there's finally something the BRZ can do better than the WRX

- That's what happens when you turn up the boost past the point that the wastegate can compensate for.
- That's what happens when you turn up the boost on a Subaru without datalogging often.

I owned pic related for 6 yrs / 65k miles (55k @ 19 psi) and had no issues. I datalogged fairly often.

They already have like 300hp, why you need more and if you need you should put some money and effort in it.

>They already have like 300hp, why you need more
Here, I uploaded a video for you of me getting pwnt in my stock STi back in 2008. Start at ~1:52.

youtu.be/K_EgjDsGY5o

It wasn't long before I was cranking up the boost. I didn't even know they were taping it; I found the vid on StreetFire a few years later.

>Oh, you mean the car that costs 3 times more? But even if so, do you see them doing donuts?
I was referring more towards the Skyline GT-Rs, which can be imported for less than a new STI, and sometimes for about the same price as a 2nd gen Impreza WRX STI that isn't abused. There is also plenty of videos of GT-Rs doing donuts and drifting.

>Evo has it's own wagon of problems. And overall worse weight distribution and handling.
The STI is much more frontwards-biased than the Evo, and in essentially every test, the Evo can pull more lateral g-forces than an STI due to a much stiffer suspension.

I am not a fucking subaru fanboy but i can't stand reading this edgy "haha lmao it broke, what a shitty car!". Any car gonna break if you are a retard pushing it to the limit.
I agree with you on this, but a car with limits so low that it ruins an engine from doing a few donuts is a piece of shit.

The sequential gearbox alone costs more than a brand new STI. It's like thinking a Raptor is a Prerunner or Trophy Truck.

They probably get tired of getting smoked off the line by moms in their 300hp minivans. I don't know why they mod their shit when they're some of the most dosile pussies on the road.

>AWD
>donuts
Pick one. If I'm getting an AWD car I'm getting it for handling and grip, aka the exact opposite of donuts
If you wanna do donuts, a RWD or even FWD car will do it much better than any AWD car

I never had the oil light flash on my EJ205 WRX Wagon. Bone stock aside from suspension (KYB AGXs/Stock Springs + Whiteline Camber Mounts and -2 degrees of Camber all Around) and tires (205/55/16 Firehawk Indy 500 summer tires) after 3 days of back to back track days.

205mm 320AA treadwear tires on a 3200lb car might not have had the same cornering loads as your car with what's likely 245mm or 255mm 200 treadwear semi-slicks and stiffer stock suspension though.

I just ran Rotella T6 5w40, but overfilled by 1/2-3/4 of a quart (up to lowest part of "twist" or right past the top notch on the dipstick). Oil looked nasty though so I always changed before/after.

>nobody's allowed to like what I dont like

If you want to do donuts get the cheapest car with a lsd you can get aka a mustang gt or a c4 corvette

The cops here stopped using them because the rear diffs couldn't take prolonged high speed use. There were a number that exploded in high speed pursuits.

>but a car with limits so low that it ruins an engine from doing a few donuts is a piece of shit.

>car is not track-ready from the factory (oil pan needs better-designed baffles)
>it's a piece of shit
I want you to really think about how stupid you are.

Lan-Evo

Detected the idiot who tried to rice an '03 Impreza

It's less about the high speed and more that launching the cars destroys the diff. Often cops are stopped and try to get to high speeds much quicker then you would normally, that adds a lot of stress to a drivetrain, most any car especially rwd would have similar issues.

>65k miles
that is an accomplishment for a subaru engine to hold together that long?

it looks like you're the one with the nice bait

faggot

>not my car, i just filmed, problem was that previous owner had replaced the crank and got something wrong, thats why it broke somehow, he fixed the problem by putting a new engine in

why is it so hard to find a ej255 without a fucking access port? it seems like every car i've looked at has some sort of cobb tune on it and the retard seller thinks that makes his 100,000 mile shit heap worth 20 grand still

>Holden and ford cop cars have been doing that for fucking years
Shitbaru confirmed for glass diffs

>buy 2002 WRX Wagon brand new
>keep it stock except for running winter and summer tires
>214k miles later it's still running on the original engine/gearbox

And it still pulls 0-60 in less than 6 seconds if you ask it to, still turns hard, grips hard, and is every bit as fun as it was when it was new. At this point I'm actively TRYING to blow the engine so I can justify getting a new WRX.

you reap what you sow.
if you're a retard brainlet and can't take care of a high maintenance car, of course it's gonna be shitty.
if you build the fucking car out of its mind and beat on it, of course it's gonna be shitty.
but if you take care of it and treat it the way a car should be treated, it will last you. good on you.

I don't know why but when I hear shit like this it scares me away from a brand.

Is it possible Subaru didn't trash their car hard enough during testing before releasing it to the public, failing to notice that problem? I like Subaru and all but.....come on man, you can do better.

>And it still pulls 0-60 in less than 6 seconds if you ask it to
So does my 400k km 540i i bought for 1500 yuros

>brz over wrx
Maybe if you're some fairweather autocross loser

Lots of people drive 86's in winter. It's not ideal but it works. The average wrx is slammed half an inch off the ground and you'd rip off the body kit in deep snow.

>200mph

Shirley, you jest.

What's wrong with the paint job?

Buys used 100k sports car

Surprised when blows up.

Like the car hasn't been beaten sense 2004.

>when 50 cent was big in the rap game

It's blatant cost cutting measures to get the car to market for a certain price point. As long as you only drive it normally on the streets, it's never a problem so they can justify this by saying "not intended for aggressive driving" or whatever and make it the owners problem if they want to do something more aggressive with it.

>that WRC car that costs a couple hundred thousand dollars is made with the same parts and shit as the civilian version

Have you seen how small subie differentials are? What the fuck is that shit? Of course they're going to blow up along with the engine

>65k miles

lmao this is an achievement for Subarus

He owned the car for 65k not that car had 65k total, dipshits.

>buy 180k mile LS1 trans am
>drift it and race it every time i drive it. only started to race or drift
>never had a single problem ever for 3 fucking years until i sold it for more than i bought it for

MUH SUBARU

cool