pastebin.com/yfUKx35
>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>Current oook competition
Druadan Ranger in FAangband
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>News
InfraArcana v19 has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yfUKx35
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gOQxHX83E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>What to Play
>pastebin.com/yfUKx35
ah fuck
should be pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

Someone redpill me on noxico.

Why is Gozag so good?

>good Goyzag

Someone quickly blue pill me again.

I've been playing IA on and off for two years now and only by reading the last thread did I notice walking through mud took you two turns.

I thought it was just water with a different color for the sake of flavor. Who even looks at the turn counter when they walk into a tile? IA dev, you need to replace these kind of silly "glorp" sounds with "I wade slowly through knee-high mud" or something.

walking through water also takes two turns, dummy

I didn't know about that either, it's seriously not obvious even though it should be. I thought the purpose of water was to extinguish fire and flares, and to alert monsters the way ceiling chains also do.

>IA dev, you need to replace these kind of silly "glorp" sounds with "I wade slowly through knee-high mud" or something.
Check.

>this is someone's fetish

How do you play Demon past floor 12 or so? It seems like everything gets killed by 2 attacks, even tough stuff like Oni or Python, I have no idea how to deal with that.

Currently mud and water show up as single tiles randomly spread across some rooms. I suggest adding huge (3-by-3 and up) pools as a naturally occurring variation that gets more common in the deeper depths.

Some related content suggestions which I think would be neat, especially as rare finds in the deeper depths:
-Pools of blood which increase shock when stood close to/waded through, like darkness (could also work as "sacrificial rooms" in the early game)
-Boiling mud hazard
-A whirlpool at the center of some large body of water, which acts pretty much like a dust vortex.

P.S. Thanks for being a bro.

Blood pools could have some interesting applications with magic, too. Maybe you could use sacrifice life for free on a blood tile in exchange for a heavy shock hit?

Copied to notes. This is v20.0 stuff though, not 19.1.

Maybe I'll do the blood, since it would be pretty trivial.

Ooh, maybe an animate blood spell or an enemy that creates monsters out of pools of blood?
Maybe something that flees to the nearest pool when hurt, then drinks it to heal?

Some name ideas:
* Blood Golem
* Animated Blood
* Blood Spirit

Bloodbeast
Sanguine Serpent
Crawling Vitae

Hateful Hemoglobin?
Nah, too goofy.
Alliterative names are fun, though.

Just realized there is an extremely trivial solution to the super-fast-paralyzed-monsters problem - just force actors to have normal speed while paralyzed!

Petition potion effects is a really nice buff, you are almost guaranteed to get good items with your build and you can use social engineering and making whole populations gay or trans to make them peaceful to you

Why are lava orcs from Yiufcrawl not in the main game? They seem like a cool and fun race with up and downs

But isn't subccubi always something hideous in their real form. The seducing beautiful woman form it takes is just an illusion. Poor fools.

kekked at this one. But I don't think it fits the theme of the game

When I 'v'iew this reanimated corpse with or without my Asbestos suit on, it always has 50% chance to hit me (60% skill, -10% dodge from adequate melee fighter). The description of the Asbestos suit says -10% dodge. Something might not be working correctly here.

Yeah I suspect there's a bug here.

Just met a strange color for the first time and died shortly after

Hey IA dev, "wait, water makes you slow??" user here. Just noticed another detail that was maybe not as obvious as it should have been.
>Thought Tombs came in "regular" and "marvelous" flavors only
>But apparently "ornate" tombs are a thing too

It seems the difference is, those ornate tombs are a SLIGHTLY lighter shade of grey than regular tombs... I had to use [v]iew mode to notice the difference.
I suggest you color ornate tombs a very light shade of blue or green, to make them silver or jade compared to their marvelous gold counterpart.

That's a good suggestion. The color difference is very subtle.
I should also reduce the chance that the tomb is a "phony" a bit, so that when they look nice, they actually have a very good chance to have something nice.

Sorry to enquire, I am curious what is your profession - are you also working at the office doing software development or is working on IA just a hobby to learn coding as such? I do graphics for living and I have basic knowledge of coding but don't like to use C++ on any level though. It's too rich.

I'm going to continue and suggest some more minor changes if you don't mind.
The Mind Eater's description says this.
>They only feed on sound minds however - a strange or chaotic mind will cause them great distress.

Now I know Mind Eaters despise it when you're frenzied, but the description doesn't really reflect that. Instead it sounds like you should be confused to fend off their attacks, but this didn't work.

Maybe you should change the description to something to the effect of
>They only feed on soft and harmless minds. A mind boiling with powerful emotions would cause them great distress.

Alternatively, add confusing one's self as a viable tactic against mind-eaters ("boiling with chaos or powerful emotions"), with or without removing frenzy (this result would be the best fit for the current description).

Huh. I also expected confusion to work against these guys, though I never tried.

>Go down a random trap door
>Get oneshot before even making one action by pic related

Aren't you supposed to have the first action when you go down the stairs?

Not trap doors lmao

How bad is slay -4?

it is as bad as
STAY THE FUICK AWAY FROM THAT SHIT

>working at the office doing software development
Yes. Usually not doing much actual programming though, so it's nice to have your own project to tinker with.

>but don't like to use C++ on any level though. It's too rich.

I can certainly understand this. But you can limit yourself though. I mean you could theoretically write it (almost) exactly like C, but with just a few added features like namespaces and destructors. If you do this I think it's already strictly an improvement over C.

But then I love most of the C++11/14 stuff. "override" is a lifesaver, "auto", lambdas, and smart pointers are fantastic (etc).

>I'm going to continue and suggest some more minor changes if you don't mind.
It's good feedback.

hello?

Hi

>I feel my sanity slipping...
>Insanity draws nearer... I fall into an uncontrollable rage!
>mfw I'm a ghoul

Page 10

no

Playing IA, how to you deal with the invisible fuckers that come out of a tomb and terrify you?

Don't let them out

Walk around the corner.

Sure, but is there a way to kill em?

You guys are lightning fast with posting this

If it's not turn based, it's shit

im fucking sold

Molotovs
Dynamite
Fear resistance + melee attacks
Tommy guns (works great)
Shotguns (works OK)
Pistols (often works)
Throwing stuff (can work)

Etc

xth for ToME

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepost

also, is there a way to look at levels I already visited in crawl, for example to see where a pair of stairs will lead me?

I'm starting a caster in crawl and found an amulet of magic regeneration. I planned going sif muna. Is the synergy nice or might I just go vehumet now that I got manareg?

you have the first action the very first turn you spend on a level, for any reason
you'd already been on that level before, as evidenced by that area around the staircase on the minimap

press X to pan around the map
press [ and ] to go up and down floors
if you press [ or ] with a staircase as the selected tile, it'll take you to the corresponding staircase on the next level

Dynamite.

sounds unnecessarily complicated

thanks very helpful

Any advice? Thing is fucking nasty and I don't have much stuff.

>Miss several point blank range shots on ordinary undead with tommy gun with adept marksman
IA dev confirmed for nogunz, any accuracy less than 90% at the same range an humanoid could physically claw you is unacceptable

pest scroll

>DDA becomes nogunz
>now IA
Face it /k/u/k//k/s, roguelikes will never support your school shooting fantasies!

>xcom combat and accuracy.webm

>roguelikes will never support your school shooting fantasies
>mentions DDA in the same post
You can run away from Mind Eaters, you know.

I mean, you're not in broad daylight, it's probably harder to aim in the dim light of an underground dungeon...

Thanks, that did the trick along with a well-placed stick of dynamite.

I'm wondering what are the possibilities for Metal Gear Solid -roguelike in similar fashion like DoomRL for example. Without fancy graphical tiles of course. Lot of enemy AI related scripting would be required of course and it would also include lot of Nethack style mechanics I guess. I wonder how doable would be a procedurally generated enemy base for example with procedural quest objectives or something. I guess the line between roguelike would be crossed here.

Now that DDA is working as intended, you can only beat up, and unsheathe your katana at children.

Forgot to add, Cataclysm is probably closest to that for now.

What about explosions

By Allah, you can have as many as you want

So did anyone figure out why Sacrifice Life displays "There is a faint rumbling sound, like distant thunder"?

It's the same message as Azathoth's Wrath, does something happen when you cast Sacrifice Life in front of an enemy (which sounds like the stupidest idea)?

Speaking of Sacrifice Life.

If I cast the spell with 1 spirit, do I die or do I get my spirit back?

who cares
it's removed now (thank god)

Is it worth replacing the Warlock's Mirror with the shield of resistance if I've already got rF+, rC++, and MR+++? I already have Shields 15.

Fuck these assholes, they keep moving towards me even if they haven't found me
Can't even make noise because the Major is over to the side

>the major
evoke smoke
evoke dynamite
then evoke azathoth's wrath or more dynamite

Oh forgot pic
Needless to say I died.

Major wasn't the problem
I didn't have any of those
It's was the fast enemy meme striking again

Birdniggers are the worst. All forms of flying enemies are, in fact, winged niggers

They're out of depth, right? Harsh situation.

Lucky summoning/teleport is the only way I can see surviving this.

They literally got torn apart

Everyone here having a good afternoon full of good drops and minimal splatting? I'm playing DCSS now because I remembered it was kind of enjoyable despite its flaws. I'll probably play PCB later, though. What's everyone playing today?

i saw a cool video about elona and trying that now ...
I don't have a clue what is going on

Im playing tome beacuse I have an autistic hardon for 30+ skill icons on screen

I really want to unlock the psionic classes but I cant stop making sweet orcs. I wish other games were as cool with their classes

>be MiFi^Oka with mace/flail skilled
>find this on D10
>only have +2 Flail of Protection

What do

Nerf fast enemies for fucks sake
Unless byakhee are supposed to be "run away if you see this"
But if they are, why do they spawn in groups?
I haven't had a single character who has killed one of these things in melee, and I've been specializing in melee a lot, with a lot of +4-6 damage weapons.

You ignore that wep in the pic because its a shit weapon

Fix this "enemies respond immediately upon door opening" shit too. It almost makes sense for snakeniggers, but ordinary humans shouldn't have that reaction speed.

why does every post related to tome always involve OP's autism

really makes me think

*blocks your path*

got my first Lugonu win

Literally working as intended.

IF you have wand of digging, just dig around it or kill the statues by digging diagonally to abuse the fov, they sometimes have scrolls under them

What does Lugonu do, user?

I have wands of flame and acid, a scroll of TP which may be my best bet, and little else.

Was it even necessary to corrupt there?

Are you dumb?