Does your shitbox burn oil, and how much does it burn

Does your shitbox burn oil, and how much does it burn.
Who here /bluesmoke/?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ariens-00091000-Cycle-5W30-Thro/dp/B00PCNXQYC
fortune.com/2017/12/06/walmart-stores-name/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was pretty alright until this one time I forgot to keep an eye on it and then it was like two quarts down.
>rip being able to almost go 90MPH

One tank of gas one half quart became my new life. But it never failed me, my shitbox stallion.

>Tfw your 22 year old shitbox doesn't burn a drop of oil

this but 18 yr old shittruck
>dat glorious 2UZ-FE V8

>One tank of gas one half quart became my new life.
Pretty much the same.
For some reason it doesn't smoke when it's cold and you start it up but it smokes a lot once it's warmed up.

1UZ-FE shitbarge here.

I had a 74 camaro with a built 350. Lots of power, but 6mpg and a quart of oil every 100 miles.

>one half quart
so a pint, you retarded mongrel?

They don't sell oil in pints. I'm sorry if you're trying to endure communism.

Same, though mine is just a 16 year old diesel with 400k kms on it. Doesn`t even blow much soot out the back, so cant roll coal either.

shop fucked up a engine rebuild and went bankrupt when it was in for warranty, burns 1L every few weeks now and my mess to fix

way back when i had a Datsun kingcab pickup with the Z24 engine that burned 1-2L a week, i usually ran almost all ATF in the engine because it was cheaper than motor oil. ironically went to the junkyard when the frame busted in half but still ran fine

I remember that car and thread

Both of my cars burned oil even when they were brand new
My daily also has a couple of leaks, so it goes through at least half a quart per 1000 miles
My weekend car on the other hand works exactly as intended with no leaks, but it burns about 1 quart per 1000 miles

Not enough to blow blue smoke but my last OCI was about 5.5k and I had to top off 3 quarts in that time.

They do though, you can get it at Walmart even.
amazon.com/Ariens-00091000-Cycle-5W30-Thro/dp/B00PCNXQYC

>buying car supplies at wal*mart

#winning

They got rid of the hyphen in the middle now, it's officially Walmart.
fortune.com/2017/12/06/walmart-stores-name/
Also they carry all the name brands of full synthetic like mobil1, Castrol, delo, and rotella, as well as weirder weights such as 0w40 Euro blend in mobil1 and Castrol, and a good selection of decent quality products like rain-x, Michelin, and Bosch wipers, meguiars and mother's car care products, and mobil1 oil filters. They do have some garbage, yes, but if you give a shit about your car they also have some good products as well, and for less money than at regular auto parts stores most of the time.

I'm the dude from /ccg/ with the built supercharged 350 in the 79 camaro. Bout a quart every 1000 miles or so and I run 20w50 oil in it. Loose tolerances I'm design by Chevy Will mean there's always blowby apparently

I don't care. It's a destructive parasite company where the only redeeming quality is watching the circus side show now that ringling bros. shut down.

I bought a gun there for shits just because. That's about it

I got these at Walmart when I was in Texas

Will I die?

>no blue smoke
>no oil puddles
>regularly 750-1k miles need a quart

Vibrating butt plugs are nothing to be ashamed about. Plenty of guys like vibrating butt plugs.

daily shitbox Civic burns at least one liter of oil on 1000km. failed emissions test on last MOT, so the plan is to swap D16 or B16 in best case till summer
>used to work 12h shifts, 3 through 2
>plenty of time to wrench on shitbox at friends house
>now working 9-6
>40 minute drive to get to him
>cant do anything that involves risk of non-driveble car
>just basic maintenance
>brakes are fucked, engine is fucked, body is starting to fall apart
>2018 is going to be a great year

Buy a second, even worse civic as a beater while you fix the primary civic.

Enough to turn on the oil light after 4k miles.
I just go ahead and change it at that point.

my 78' vette just guzzles the shit. engine and tranny are probably on their way out anyway. all the rubber on it is spent.

my newly bought miata 1.6 burns oil, i haven't bothered to measure how much it takes yet, i'm wondering if i should
>fuck it
>order proper engine overhaul someday, i have family of mechanics so it won't kill me
>get 1.8 for overhaul money, swap, and pray it won't kill me in later repairs

but it doesn't leave too much smoke after warming up and it runs well overall, so i don't mind for now

>tfw your 50 year old VW hasn't burnt a drop of oil in its entire life

>VW
>doesn`t burn oil

What is this sorcery?

>mfw i own a 4a-ge that burns no oil

>mfw I owned a RAV4 with the 2AZ-FE and it burned a fuckton of oil but Toyota were niggers and wouldn't do anything about it even though it was a known problem so I just traded it in to a Toyota dealership so they could have their shitty car back

350z
fuck the vq35de

G35 owner here

Nothing quite like "havent checked my oil in a while, might as well change it" and draining out 2.5L on a car that takes 4.7L.

I find myself forced to check it daily. I really want to LS swap this thing

07' Subaru, half a quart every thousand unless I really beat on it which makes it burn a bit worse. No visible oil smoke from the exhaust though.

Only on startup, it will make a huge cloud of blue smoke when it's been sitting for a few days. Burns about a quart every oil change, so I'm not worried

dont forget how they decided to use the most retarded dipstick in the world, just to add insult to having to check the oil.

I've been trying to check every 500 miles, but if the 2.5L isnt telling enough, i'm not always good at checking.

I guess it's hard to be autistic about something if you have no knowledge about it. RIP engines

I know norms do this all the time. But you guys? Such disappointment

It would be extremely painful.

VQ35DE (Don't Ever)

Rip if you got a rev-up engine, at least the HR was better.

You want to know how I know you're a busrider?

Is it because I don't by my oil by the pint? No need to feel imasculated about it.

i've never seen engine oil in pints unless its for toys with engines, like 2-smoke oil or 4-stroke oil.

Maybe power steering oil, brake fluid, friction modifiers and stuff like that?

Mine can burn 3 quarts of Penn ultra platnum in a month.

Because your vehicles' previous owner never changed the oil. And you're proud enough to point that. Do you think that makes you a normie?

>I know norms do this all the time. But you guys? Such disappointment
Fixing or swapping the engine would cost me more than the entire shitbox is worth you asshole.

my miat makes half a quart disappear every 500 miles

2.5l/1000km
Changed spark plugs twice in 6 months

yeah, but i own pic related ;o

>tfw your 22 yo shitbox has fuck all on the clock so does not mean shit.

try a 55 year old vehicle...with god knows how many miles on the clock as the speedo fucked up years back.

no its not japanese or american

yeah sure i bet the engine has been replaced many times... fucking shit vag engines.. and all the falsified emissions readings.

id never trust a german vag engine....

one of these much more reliable and way more capable of well over a million miles on original engine.

EJ251 here, not much burnt oil, just a weeping headgasket

Same here brother Mazda 2litre LF engine, no smoke at all, but over half litre every 1k miles disappearing

It burns about 1 quart every thousand miles, as the.manufacturer intended, as well as 8 oz of 2 stroke for every tank.
I am the absolute bane of green energy cucks, they walk by and burst into tears and pass out from the amount of CO2 a rotary with a cat delete makes.I am the monster that hides in al gore's closet

Old British car
Doesn't smoke or burn oil in appreciable quantity
Just drips it everywhere
Cork valve cover gasket with steel sheet cover, basically impossible to seal properly
Leaking timing cover seal
The leaks aren't that big a deal and they prevent corrosion. Not a big deal just have to add more oil every thousand miles or so

Shitbox, I don't know. Engine is guaranteed to not rust though.

Shitbike, yes. 1L per 10k km riding normally. 1L per 1000km while gunning it.

>TFW 2016 WRX
>TFW burn half a quart of oil in 1000 miles
>TFW oil capacity is 5.4 quarts
>TFW oil change interval is 6000 miles
>TFW more than half my oil disappears at oil change time

Just spin my bearings up, famalam.

ayyy,

I too use 8oz of tcw3 per tank.

My Prowler with a supercharged Chrysler EGG burns an assload of oil. At last check I burned 3qts in 998 miles. I think it needs new rings. The weirdest thing is that, despite no cat and no muffler, there is no blue smoke, no puddles, and no oil smell. I’m just gonna send it until it blows up and then LS/manual swap the thing.

When I burnt my rings or whatever it was that happened to cause my shitbox to start burning a bunch of oil, I didn't have any noticeable smoke or scent from it either. But you're burning oil probably 2-3x faster than I was.

Well a ton ends up in my catch can too. That engine is fucked. Tons of blow by even at low load/boost. It’s an engine that consumes oil pretty quick anyway.

>oil
nah I burn coolant senpai

>Subaru

Serves you right

99 honda accord, 190k, burns about a quart every 400 miles. Its mostly getting burned off at high speeds. Like especially when I go 100+ it just guzzles oil. And im in rural nevada so its mostly empty highway....

Only at 5-6k RPMs

the previous owner was 8 years ago.

My Turbocoupe used to send out a little smoke on startup, I think it was the turbo seals, but they must have healed because it doesn't do it anymore. At the time, if I started it and I didn't get any smoke I knew it was time to add a quart. I was leaving work one day and started it and saw the little blue cloud when another co-worker called to me and said my car was smoking. I told her I knew and it meant I still had oil, and to please let me know if she didn't see smoke next time. I think I confused her.

>burns half a qt in 1000
>oil change is 6000

your interval is no longer 6000 miles ya dip

Is this what causes the oil burning?

How hard is replacing the same engine in a car anyhow? Not even swapping

Honestly, not that difficult. For me I yanked the trans and engine out at the same time, and bolted my old transmission up to the "new" engine. I started at 9am and ended at 5pm, but that was with copious amounts of fucking around and trying to find tools.

Do you think someone who has changed alternator, starters, power steering pumps, transition fluid gaskets and smaller things like that can figure it out with a bit of reaearch?

Well it doesn't help. The oil is supposed to live in all the little cracks and crevasses to keep them sealed up and not wearing apart. If they get worn and unsealed then oil gets through and gets burned up.

It depends on the choice of vehicle but I pretty much decided
>welp I guess it's time for me to take the engine out
>fuck these instructions is too complicated
>ok I'll just start taking things off until I can get the engine out
and everything went better than expected

Oh and I should note that I had a second beaterbox on the road at the time. It's a huge relief when you're not worrying the whole time how you're going to get to work on monday or if you just took 4 hours worth of shit out only to discover you need THAT ONE TOOL or you broke some stupid thing and now you can't even drive to the parts store and it's going to cost you like $50 for three day shipping unless you want to leave your car in a heaping pile all damn week.

88 Chevy s-10 blazer.

I think they came out of the factory, new, burning oil.

But I drive it around town and to work because people here will throw their door into anything.

I use it to reciprocate.

Thanks user, I saw a BMW 540i that needed a new motor for sale, but I might just buy a BMW that runs first, and fix the problem when it comes

Since you're a big fountain of wealth, know anything about late 80s to
90s bmws?

Not much really beyond having a friend or two with an 80s BMW who figured it was no big deal to have to wrench on it every so often. Seemed like bretty gud driver's cars from an era before they were as much of a faggoty status symbol in the US as they are these days.

I go through about a quart every 400 miles, give or take.

Drove D15B2 that used about 1l/500km, it was horrible. Had to clean plugs from sooth few times a year.

It also clogged cat so stupid me just hammered it out. Sure it restore almost all the power lost over years but fuuuck the smell was unbearable.

Good times tho, I miss it so much :-(

My 27 year old Corolla has been in my family for the whole time and it has always consumed oil. I check it at every ~300 km and I usually have to add at least 1/5th of a 4 liter bottle.
I get told that it's typical for that era's Toyotas to lose oil like that.

Dropped a used motor into the Columbia and it's been sipping about a gallon of oil every 5,000 miles.

The last day the old motor ran it went through 15 gallons in 250 miles.

i have a 25yr old D16Z6, after buying it i quickly realised it had been beaten on everyday of its life because of it's sweet VVTAAAXX. only produces visible smoke if I engine brake downhill and mash the gas. replaced the valve stem seals, still burns just a lot less. I can always smell it. pretty sure my rings are almost gone. goes through all of its oil in a month, before the valve stem seal job it would burn all of its oil in 2 weeks.

it seems all d series were punished for being slow.