Are there any upsides to driving a RHD car in a country that drives on the right? I know theres downsides...

Are there any upsides to driving a RHD car in a country that drives on the right? I know theres downsides, merging for one would be awful. But there should be some advantages right? Maybe parking on the street?

when driving a jap car, its balance/weight distribution is better.

Why is that? How does sitting on one side vs the other make for better weight distribution?

>driving britbong car in Bulgaria
>Can see to overtake on right hand bends where everyone else cant
Profit

Other homosexual men will know you are dtf

>doesn't realise how having 150kg of american fatass on the side of the car meant to be the passenger side puts the balance off

pretty sure parallel parking is easier

>car engineered for LHD

these aren't cheap conversions they're factory cars

The upside is that you're sitting in the correct side of the car with the correct instrument layout. Shifting with your left hand and steering with your right hand is always going to be superior, unless you're left handed.

>he thinks japanese companies design their vehicles around them being LHD when japan is a RHD country

KEK

You'd be surprised. The majority of cars produced in Japanese plants are LHD exports.

>he thinks japanese companies design their vehicles around them being LHD when japan is a RHD country
>he thinks the skylines, rx7s, nsx's, ae86's are designed for LHD

TOP KEK

just no

I didn't say anything about Japan, I was responding to the argument that "Shifting with your left hand and steering with your right hand is always going to be superior"

well it is, in a jap car, as thats how they were designed to be.

>>he thinks the skylines, rx7s, nsx's, ae86's are designed for LHD
Literally no one said this. Modern cars that are built for export are designed for both LHD and RHD. They aren't retarded.

You hardly "responded" to the argument.

how is that possible? is everything (engine, transmission, fuel tank etc) located in the dead middle of the car?

Parallel parking is made easier but left hand turns in tight intersections are a pain but for the most part there isn't that big of a difference. It took me like a day of driving to get used to It.

>how is that possible?
Smart designers and well-thought planning.
Everything doesn't have to be in the centre of the car since the only thing you're changing between a LHD and RHD car is the dash, wiring and steering column. Whether the steering column is on the left or right hand side of the car makes little difference to the overall weight distribution of the car.

It makes delivering mail a breeze.

>ignoring the 150kg fat ass american driver
>missing the whole point of my post

Cool, that's good to hear.

>posting a meme instead of bringing up a counter argument counts as a legitimate response to a valid point

>But there should be some advantages right?
Snatch purses from grannies on the sidewalk.
Slap nice asses on the sidewalk.

Using the shoulder to overtake.

Yep, you can't normally overtake, you can't into drive-through without friend on jap/brit-shotgun.
Also headlight will blind everyone, even with halogen, so everyone will high-beam on you.

If you're not a lardass, the difference would be negligible.
That's like worrying about the fuel in your tank shifting and throwing your car off balance.
That's like putting your backpack in the trunk to improve handling.
That's like only buying gasoline when it's cold out to save yourself 0.09% per degree centigrade.

RHD cars are fucking cheap. It makes me livid when some britfriend sends me an ad for a car.
>2007 BMW 120d 6 MT
>1350 pounds
>2008 BMW 645i
>4400 pounds
>2007 VW Passat 2.0 FSI
>1200 pounds

Seriously?

Brits tend to buy new so the second hand market is weak.

To be fair sometimes engines etc are offset like RX7s IIRC but it doesn't *ruin* the car.

Still, 1200 pounds is like minimum wage in Britbonghistan. You shouldn't be able to buy a running 2007 VW Passat with just a 1 minimum wage.

Yes, hello, I'd like a 1 minimum wage, please.

Car insurance is often much cheaper for RHD cars, e.g. in the UK. Which is ironic considering that sometimes RHD cars cost *more* than LHD variants sold in continental Europe.

Their insurance is hell.
Young kids out of driving school have to pay fortunes to drive anything over 100bhp.

Labor is super expensive. So if a used car breaks down and need shop work, it's a fortune.

Then, there is the fact that the steering is in the wrong side so no one want to export them from there.
Germany has cheap cars too but when they reach a certain value they just end up in Albania or something like that.

Actually, in EU, italy has the best deals, cars are cheap and in southern italy it doesn't snow so almost nothing rusts.

They don't even bother putting the gas access on the left side.

>he thinks 80kg is negligible in a race/track car

kek

Wrong. Somecars have the weight balanced with driver weigh counting.
That means that when you remove 70kg driver, the car will be offsetted 70kg.
Now, you don't do shit except moving the wheel and pedals, you are offsetting the car 70kg PLUS the weight of the pedal and stearing.
Let's say, 100kg.
Now you add the driver, 70kg and you end up with a difference of 170kg from a side to the other.

Luckily, cars are usually balanced with no driver and some switch components around to balance the wheel and pedals. AC compressors, stuff like that.

You are aware that the UK uses RHD

You are aware what e.g. means