I need a car for my daily 7+7 mile round trip commute to work and home everyday

I need a car for my daily 7+7 mile round trip commute to work and home everyday.

I live in NYC and parking here is IMPOSSIBLE. As in... Literally impossible. If you find a spot it's like hitting the jackpot.

Thinking of buying a smart car which suits my needs.

Thoughts on these cars? Are they good?

No, they are shit cars. However, they are very good for parking so it might be worth putting up with the shittyness for being able to park your car

They're shit. Like honestly, besides mercedes, this may be daimler's biggest mistake.

Buy a kei car instead. Some come AWD and turbo for hektik smol skidz.

eh they are decent but don't expect anything special and MPG isn't even that good. Just buy a motorcycle, bike, moped, or ride the bus. I dont think those smart cars are very reliable either but im not too sure

You could get a Brabus-tuned turbo Smart. They're RWD.

Get a scooter and next time use an existing thread like the QTDDTOT.

they still are not fun to drive. The automatic is horrible, it doesn't do skidds, it just understeers horribly.

True, the transmission is fucking junk and they really didn't want to have to deal with snap overmemes.

Still though, a Smart with a Brabus badge and a turbo is fucking funny.

they are fun as fuck.

hilarious to work on. literally toys.

You take the fucking bus or subway like every other New Yorker. I'd rather pay only $180 a month to get around than $300+

>and a turbo
the normal one has a turbo, too, so I don't see the thing. Literally every shitty downsize econobox has a turbo.

Ride a bike fatso.

mine has 130K on it.
I have driven it from WA to VT and back. Also WA to S. CA and back. Also a trip down through NM.

This. Get whatever weekend car you want but take public transport to work

100 bucks dosnt make that much of a difference. I'd pay the difference to be in the comfort of my own private car, own climate control system, not around other smelly people, crowded trains, etc.

Get one of those "bikes" with two front wheels right next to each other. And you'll be able to use it all year around.

you can use a normal bike also all year round

This is your brain on lycra

take transit and/or kill yourself

eg hatch

unless it's snowing then yes
i've driven all sorts of bikes in all sorts of weather on all sorts of terrain

>living in NYC
this was your first and most grievous mistake.

>NYC
>Not snowy

They're amazing if you suck at parking. The newer one almost let's you do a complete U turn on a only tiny german village two lane road.
Can be fun to drive if you get used to the fact that the turbo takes like 2-3 seconds of full throttle to make the car move.

>tiny german village two lane road

>tiny german village
>two lane road
choose one

Parking like that? No.

I've seen videos of how people park by Braille. Or even give the adjacent cars a shove just to make room. Your sheet metal will look like shit after the first day.

ride the bus

I would buy one if they have a little price tag to go with the little bit of car you get, but alas those things start at 16k, and my dad is a mechanic and he told me the engineers cut alot of corners to make the drive train as compact as it is.

>daimler's biggest mistake
Didn't they acquire Smart so they don't have to pay taxes for gas guzzling engines, since Smart will be considered as their fleet, thus, overall their whole lineup has better gas mileage?

Theyre All RWD as in RR layout. The Four-Twos

Used for older models usually got for like 3.5-4k dollars....

It's abbrebones car. Heat/ac and radio and point a to b that's all you need.

STOP GIVING PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE CARS REPLIES ON THIS BOARD YOU MORONS