So im finally tired of throwing money into my shitbox

So im finally tired of throwing money into my shitbox.

I've been looking around for lightly used newer cars and ive had my eye on the mk7 golf tsi.

It's already got a turbo so it's easy to get cheap power, and it has a nice interior(im coming from an 02 lancer so anything is nice to me thats new pretty much) and comes it a stick too.

I've seen them going for 13k-15k with sub 35k miles. give me honest opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/ctd/d/2015-ford-fiesta-st/6423850241.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shitbox
>misread your current car as that mk7 golf tsi
lel

so your going to go from one money pit to another money pit... good idea.

normal maintenance costs dont compare to what ive done on the lancer. plus I can do all the work myself

>I can do all the work myself

you can try. but the parts will cost you (if you live in NA)

also with a turbo: you may need high octane gas and it WILL eventually shit the bed. its like the money pit that your willingly accepting.

Try them out first to see if you like it. Golf is a decent, well-rounded DD car.

you can get an mk7 gti for the same price
unless you want something cheaper to insure and slightly better on gas then sure

I legit thought the mk7 was your shitbox.

>going from one shitbox money pit to another shitbox money pit

It's designed to run on 87 with a slight loss of power. and eventually shitting the bed is okay with me as long as its after a good couple of years or something.

The parts aren't that much more than what they are for my lancer either. plus my lancer had virtually no aftermarket support like a golf.

No I cant find one for the same price, similar but not the same, plus with higher mileage.

And yeah insurance costs are a factor to me as insurance companies like to charge me out the ass.

>high octane gas
What third world shithole do you live where 95RON isnt the minimal standard?

Used Focus/Fiesta ST or BRZ/FRS

They're usually around 40-70k miles for that budget.

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/ctd/d/2015-ford-fiesta-st/6423850241.html

I have a 2016 w/ 43k mi and I love it. I get 40mpg on the highway, and about 30 in the city. I did a 3 night camping/ biking trip up in Moab and I slept in the car when the weather was down to 24 (im from arizona so that is really cold). I am 6' and was able to sleep warmly and comfortably. It is zippy - it accelerates well. I have driven with 4 adults and everyone was comfortable. No problems yet... I love the apple car play, that is a great feature. I like to do a lot of outdoors stuff so I got a skid plate and a hitch installed. The skid plate really gives me peace of mind when going on dirt/ gravel rds. as a dd and a weekend getaway car 10/10 would recommend.

if you have specific questions, or want pics or anything let me know. It also runs on reg gas. it specifically tells you not to put premo in

California doesn't even have e95 gas lol

Best car in its class. The interior is miles better than it's competitors and its a very comfy car. some people might get bored (I do sometimes) it's just so neutral. but overall can't complain at all.

>im tired of throwing money at a car
>im going to buy a VW

Are you trying to divide by zero?

>TSI
>ever

they fixed everything in 2012-2013

what's wrong with your current car? what have you replaced/how much have you recently spent?

how are the speakers in it?

ill never buy a ford but the brz/frs is something ive considered. I know neither the brz/frs or the golf will be fast but having a turbo is a plus for me on the golf.

currently it needs:
>suspension overhaul(200k+ miles will do that)
>ignition coils and plug wires, an idle air control valve
>new fan control module
>transmission grinds 2nd
>blinker doesnt work on my passenger side but it turns on when I turn the headlight on(its not a blown bulb or fuse I checked)
>likes to short out when it rains because to top it all off my passenger side is all fucked because assholes who steal cars and crash them.
>tranny mount is fucked(I have it im just lazy)

and what ive replaced:
>replaced my motor with a used one
>new valve cover gasket
>new oil pan gasket
>new rear main seal
>new thermostat, waterpump, timing belt radiator
>new brake pads and shoes
>new front and rear motor mount
>new mass air flow sensor

and thats just off the top of my head

P O R S C H E 9 8 7

a place that does not scalp people for unnecessary octane boosts?

my gf has a 2017 "Wolfburg" edition, and it's a great little car. the speakers are surprisingly decent, could use some bass if you're really nitpicking. I packed 4 people in the car for a coastal trip and it had plenty of power going up and down the twisties.

i only hate one thing about it and it's the crappy dim headlight. changing light bulb on a VW is not as simple as a Japanese car. buying aftermarket LED/HID kit is going to require a special adapter to hold the light bulb. the real option here is to buy projector LED headlights for about $600/pair.